In need of a really good hair salon tomorrow! Help?

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

Time for a hair cut

Pikeville, KY

#1 May 17, 2013
I'm searching for a really good hair salon that will be able to cut my hair tomorrow. I'm going to donate my hair to Locks of Love and need to have at least 10 inches cut off. It's driving me crazy and I have a graduation to go to tomorrow, so I want it cut ASAP.
The only problem is that I want an edgy, modern hair cut. Possibly a very razored, angled bob. I'm only 24 and have tattoos and piercings, so I don't want just a straight hair cut.
Does anyone know of a good, affordable place to get a hair cut in the pikeville/millard/elkhorn area? I'd love to have my hair dyed as well, but will probably do it myself since the cost is so high around here.

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Since: Nov 10

Point Pleasant, WV

#2 May 18, 2013
Jc penny is good, but they go by appointments. Tangles would be a good choice too. I haven't been anywhere else. Like you, I wanted to donate my hair to locks of love. It's well over 10 inches, but I had highlights put in a while back and I was told that they wouldn't accept that.
my opinion

Pikeville, KY

#3 May 18, 2013
Time for a hair cut wrote:
I'm searching for a really good hair salon that will be able to cut my hair tomorrow. I'm going to donate my hair to Locks of Love and need to have at least 10 inches cut off. It's driving me crazy and I have a graduation to go to tomorrow, so I want it cut ASAP.
The only problem is that I want an edgy, modern hair cut. Possibly a very razored, angled bob. I'm only 24 and have tattoos and piercings, so I don't want just a straight hair cut.
Does anyone know of a good, affordable place to get a hair cut in the pikeville/millard/elkhorn area? I'd love to have my hair dyed as well, but will probably do it myself since the cost is so high around here.
toddra at implicity salon at millard
alot of the girls at tangles are gone to a hair show this week, so its slim pickings.
ivy court studio on chole, i think the mans name is ken, not sure, but i know several friends with very long hair who go to him.
Time for a hair cut

Pikeville, KY

#4 May 18, 2013
I used to go to JCPenney's a very long time ago, but the stylist I used to see isn't there anymore. I've heard they are more on the expensive side? Locks of Love doesn't accept donations if the hair has been bleached or dyed lighter than the original color I think.

It's been a very long time since I've had my hair cut in this area. Is Implicity salon expensive? Where exactly are they located? Do you think they would do a good job with a razor cut?
Time for a hair cut

Pikeville, KY

#5 May 18, 2013
I just looked them up and I graduated with Toddra! lol She used to be so sweet. Haven't seen her in ages.
Time for a hair cut

Pikeville, KY

#6 May 18, 2013
A friend recommended Amie at Total Glamour. Anyone know anything about them?
im thinking

United States

#7 May 18, 2013
BEauty Box is reasonable and nikki and christina do good jobs!!
Wondering

Duluth, GA

#8 May 18, 2013
Leann at hair factory could help you and she takes walk ins
Go glam

Pikeville, KY

#9 May 18, 2013
Ronda and RhiAnna are awesome at glam
johnboy

Pikeville, KY

#10 May 18, 2013
I used to go to JCPenney's a very long time ago, but the stylist I used to see isn't there anymore. I've heard they are more on the expensive side? Locks of Love doesn't accept donations if the hair has been bleached or dyed lighter than the original color I think.
It's been a very long time since I've had my hair cut in this area. Is Implicity salon expensive? Where exactly are they located? Do you think they would do a good job with a razor cut?
jc penny hair salon? i didnt even know it was still open

whatever you do stay away from walmart
Hair cut

Pikeville, KY

#11 May 18, 2013
I went to Amie at Total Glamour in Pikeville. She did an amazing job with what I wanted. I have an appointment with her to dye my hair later. I loved her and my new hair!
scissors

Harold, KY

#12 May 18, 2013
I am in need of a hair cut also...stopped going years ago because some were snobbish...I can't stand rudeness....esp. when they are getting paid for a service...want mention any names...I have heard Wal-Mart in Pikeville has great reputation now for a good hair cut..they attend a lot of beauty seminars..I can't remember the name of the salon
Time for a hair cut

Pikeville, KY

#13 May 18, 2013
I'd never met Amie before and she was very friendly. We had a conversation about people we both knew, books, movies, and just life. I highly recommend her. I also was late for my appointment because I went to the wrong part of town and she was really nice about it.
bowl cut

Georgetown, KY

#14 May 19, 2013
i think the place in wal-mart is called super cuts but not sure.
old dude

Georgetown, KY

#15 May 19, 2013
I just let my old lady cut mine..she shaves my sack too...which is a bonus...hard to find someone that will do all that.
i was wrong

Pikeville, KY

#16 May 19, 2013
old dude wrote:
I just let my old lady cut mine..she shaves my sack too...which is a bonus...hard to find someone that will do all that.
here i was thinking that the hair just kinda fell off when you got so old, thanks for correcting me.
Ally

Clay City, KY

#18 May 20, 2013
I would recommend Betty at Total Glamour...you won't be disappointed and she has good prices on services.
She's the Best

Harold, KY

#19 May 20, 2013
Jennifer Johnson at Headz to Toez!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Freeloading Mitch McConnell 16 min Stupid Democrats 16
song title game, anyone? (Oct '08) 19 min MUSICK-NESS 22,727
Will Gene Davis' votes be counted? 21 min hopalong 11
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 25 min DITCH MITCH 13,150
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 32 min The_Box 131,435
Walter and Pam May Supporting Jimmy Carter for ... 38 min Walter May Not 32
Landmark Inn 56 min Question 4
What is the reason that the BOE elections are s... 1 hr Facts 42
Hobby Lobby will not be here long. 18 hr doubt it 67
Arrogance Bulling of Pikeville HS 18 hr truth out 13