pikeville high school
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
I HEARD

Pikeville, KY

#1 Feb 6, 2010
Anyone heard that Pikeville High School is being forced to consolidate with Pike Central?
Newsflash

Macon, GA

#2 Feb 6, 2010
That's the funniest thing I have ever heard!
not happening

Thelma, KY

#3 Feb 6, 2010
Pike Central is part of the Pike County school system and Pikeville High School is part of the Pikeville Independent school system. They are not becoming one.
Perhaps

Clarksville, TN

#4 Feb 6, 2010
Would that happen if Pikeville City Limits extended to Buckley's Creek?
itellya

Elkhorn City, KY

#5 Feb 6, 2010
Mrs. McCoy from Pikeville Elementary is the one who told me this. She also said that she was really worried that Pikeville would lose it's "preppy" atmosphere if the schools grouped together and she was really worried about the Pikeville students.
parent

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Feb 6, 2010
ms mccoy is wrong and obviously either misinformed or just stupid
sorry but

Thelma, KY

#7 Feb 6, 2010
That sort of elitist attitude does not sound like Ms. McCoy.
cash

Manchester, KY

#8 Feb 6, 2010
yea yea yea stupid i say stupid they are what kind of nuts are they .coco nuts i say coco nuts too...anybody know what can make my stool...green...
Funny

Harold, KY

#9 Feb 6, 2010
I HEARD wrote:
Anyone heard that Pikeville High School is being forced to consolidate with Pike Central?
I will say eventually it will happen, the city enrollment is declining.
whatever

Pikeville, KY

#10 Feb 6, 2010
its definatly not declining
I HEARD

Pikeville, KY

#11 Feb 7, 2010
No more PIKE HIGH after this year they will be called PIKE CENTRAL BENGALS
Dot

United States

#12 Feb 7, 2010
Once again, some people cannot think. As an earlier post stated, these schools are in two different systems and they won't be consolidating. That's like saying UK and Morehead are consolidating. Someone asked what if the city limits changed, well that too doesn't matter because the city limits and the city school district do not have the same boundaries.
Check it Out

Harold, KY

#13 Feb 7, 2010
whatever wrote:
its definatly not declining
It sure is, check it out.
Well

Harold, KY

#14 Feb 7, 2010
Dot wrote:
Once again, some people cannot think. As an earlier post stated, these schools are in two different systems and they won't be consolidating. That's like saying UK and Morehead are consolidating. Someone asked what if the city limits changed, well that too doesn't matter because the city limits and the city school district do not have the same boundaries.
If you would care to notice in the past few years severalindependent schools have gone into the county system. One that comes to mind is Harrodsburg High School. And there are others. Check it out. It doesn't have anything to do with the city limits. It's called money and I think the county is controlling the purse strings at present.
sally

Shelbiana, KY

#15 Feb 7, 2010
I wish that they would combine. That horrendous double-wide trailer that Pikeville calls a highschool is down right embarrassing...maybe the kids could get away from that stinking sewer smell as well. That smell has been there stinking the place up for 25 years or longer. No joke, what causes that and why can't they get rid of it? The school has so much money pouring into it...why can't they fix that unhealthy problem..too worried about the sports I guess.
taxes

Thelma, KY

#16 Feb 7, 2010
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
If you would care to notice in the past few years severalindependent schools have gone into the county system. One that comes to mind is Harrodsburg High School. And there are others. Check it out. It doesn't have anything to do with the city limits. It's called money and I think the county is controlling the purse strings at present.
I would think that it would be something that would require voters deciding. Those in the city pay extra tax to support the independent city school system.
Had enough

United States

#17 Feb 7, 2010
Check it Out wrote:
<quoted text>
It sure is, check it out.
You say check it out! Where?
I think

Thelma, KY

#18 Feb 7, 2010
Enrollment may be less than it was.
Thinking

Macon, GA

#19 Feb 7, 2010
taxes wrote:
<quoted text>
I would think that it would be something that would require voters deciding. Those in the city pay extra tax to support the independent city school system.
Those that don't live in the city, but work there also pay taxes to support the independent school and the county school...how fair is that? So if there was a vote, I guess that they would have to be given a vote as well because they are paying city taxes.
Spicoli

Clarksville, TN

#20 Feb 7, 2010
This is the problem with sites like this. Some idiot from the head of Coon Creek with nothing better to do decides to just make up something out of the clear blue and then everyone else runs with it. Who is "forcing" Pikeville to merge? Jerry Green and the Board? No because theyd be out of a job. The State? No because trust me if the state could force anyone to merge it would be Jenkins to merge with Letcher Central but they didnt because they cant legally do it. I also want to know where you get your enrollment info from so I can go there and see for myself. Trust me it will NEVER happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 31 min taking my chances 169,946
Jeff Vanderbeck Billboard Salesman 1 hr Jeffries Gods 9
Dear Ray Jones and Amy 2 hr fraud 8
Ray Jones on WYMT 2 hr working man 29
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 3 hr Abe 38,545
Workers on Hwy 23 7 hr Curious 1
Infested motel Hatfield and McCoy motel 7 hr Maid 7
Keith Faces New Charges 12 hr big daddy here 13

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages