asking about " Leatherheads " starring George Clooney. It's a comedy
which makes me skeptical to start with plus I know it's a few years
old but I recently bought it on DVD really cheap. However, it has sat
on the shelf for months now and I haven't watched it yet. Anyone seen
it and if so, what did you think?
ol tom turkey

Elkhorn City, KY

#2 Nov 23, 2011
its a good movie, its based on a true story, and its pretty good, i personally could do without renee zellwegger, but overall its ok, not a hilarious comedy, more of clooney making fun of himself, which i do enjoy
i would give it a b-
ol tom turkey

Elkhorn City, KY

#3 Nov 23, 2011
one movie i have never watched, that was really popular and ive wondered if i missed anything was "precious", anyone seen it?

THE LEGEND HIMSELF

“DECIMATOR OF KNIGHTS”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#4 Nov 24, 2011
ol tom turkey wrote:
its a good movie, its based on a true story, and its pretty good, i personally could do without renee zellwegger, but overall its ok, not a hilarious comedy, more of clooney making fun of himself, which i do enjoy
i would give it a b-
I think I will watch it over this holiday weekend sometime. I usually
like about anything Clooney does. I agree with you about Rene Zellwegger too, the only movie I can recall liking with her in it was that Nicole Kidman film " Cold Mountain ". Thanks for the info!

THE LEGEND HIMSELF

“DECIMATOR OF KNIGHTS”

Location hidden

#5 Nov 27, 2011
ol tom turkey wrote:
its a good movie, its based on a true story, and its pretty good, i personally could do without renee zellwegger, but overall its ok, not a hilarious comedy, more of clooney making fun of himself, which i do enjoy i would give it a b-
Well I watched it last night and it was ok, I wasn't really overtly
crazy about it one way or the other though.
ol tom turkey wrote:
one movie i have never watched, that was really popular and ive wondered if i missed anything was "precious", anyone seen it?
I have never seen it and to be honest, I have no desire to. I will
tell you about a couple movies I did watch over the weekend though:
The Lincoln Lawyer and Super 8 and both were really quite good. The
Lincoln Lawyer stars Matthew McConaughey w/ Josh Lucas, Ryan Phillippe, Marisa Tomei, Bryan Cranston, John Leguizamo, and William H. Macy in a really good crime drama with a good plotline.
Super 8 is JJ Abrams ( director of tv's " Lost " )/ Steven Spielberg's sci fi / horror, coming - of - age drama and was also
really good.
NJS

Harold, KY

#6 Nov 27, 2011
Insidious is a really good movie if you like Suspense/Horror.

THE LEGEND HIMSELF

“DECIMATOR OF KNIGHTS”

Location hidden

#7 Nov 27, 2011
NJS wrote:
I recall ads for that but don't remember the details. I like psychological horror and suspense but I'm not much a fan of the gore
horror genre, it's just cheesy to me personally. I get the impression
Insidious is not a gore film though.
NJS

Harold, KY

#8 Nov 27, 2011
You're right it not a gore film. It's more dealing with the supernatural. I liked it very well.

THE LEGEND HIMSELF

“DECIMATOR OF KNIGHTS”

Location hidden

#9 Nov 27, 2011
What's the name of the film from earlier this year w/
Bradley Cooper and Robert DeNiro..where the guy takes
a pill and it somehow changes his intellect or his reality, something. I'm not sure because I haven't seen it and though it's name escapes me at the moment
it's a movie I've been wanting to see.
NJS

Harold, KY

#10 Nov 27, 2011
THE LEGEND HIMSELF wrote:
What's the name of the film from earlier this year w/
Bradley Cooper and Robert DeNiro..where the guy takes
a pill and it somehow changes his intellect or his reality, something. I'm not sure because I haven't seen it and though it's name escapes me at the moment
it's a movie I've been wanting to see.
I believe the name of the movie is (Limitless) I haven't watched it though.
rtruth

Dunlap, TN

#11 Nov 27, 2011
NJS wrote:
I liked that movie to
Sue

Lebanon, KY

#12 Nov 27, 2011
ol tom turkey wrote:
"Precious" was a good movie. Very sad.

THE LEGEND HIMSELF

“DECIMATOR OF KNIGHTS”

Location hidden

#13 Nov 27, 2011
NJS wrote:
<quoted text>
I believe the name of the movie is (Limitless) I haven't watched it though.
Yes NJS, that's it. I would like to see it and the Leonardo Decaprio / Martin Scorcese film " Shutter Island " both.
connie

London, KY

#14 Nov 28, 2011
the new twilight movie is really good. i am not a twilight fan by any means but my 16 year old daughter and her 2 best friends practically drug me to see this movie the first day that it came out in theaters and i loved it. i went and saw it again yesterday with my sister (another twilight fan like my daughter and her friends) and she loved it too. i have not seen the first 3 twilight movies but i am going to rent them and watch them all now.

THE LEGEND HIMSELF

“DECIMATOR OF KNIGHTS”

Location hidden

#15 Nov 28, 2011
connie wrote:
the new twilight movie is really good. i am not a twilight fan by any means but my 16 year old daughter and her 2 best friends practically drug me to see this movie the first day that it came out in theaters and i loved it. i went and saw it again yesterday with my sister (another twilight fan like my daughter and her friends) and she loved it too. i have not seen the first 3 twilight movies but i am going to rent them and watch them all now.
I have never seen any of the Twilight movies franchise myself and admit that I've no desire to. But to each their own, of course. I
know everyone says they're good and entertaining but I am quite a
picky person when it comes to movies, among other things. Not saying I wouldn't watch them at some point though, just not currently interested in doing so I guess. Just out of curiosity,
aren't they geared more for the teen / adolescent crowd really?
NJS

Chesterfield, MO

#16 Nov 28, 2011
<quoted text>
Yes NJS, that's it. I would like to see it and the Leonardo Decaprio / Martin Scorcese film " Shutter Island " both.
Shutter Island is a very good psychological thriller. I have watched it two or three times.
Team Edward

Virgie, KY

#17 Nov 28, 2011
connie wrote:
I agree. I thought Breaking Dawn was the best one of the Twilight movies, and I did not understand the hype at first, either. The movies is surprisingly good. It's worth the time and money.
Team Edward

Virgie, KY

#18 Nov 28, 2011
~movie~

Since: Sep 11

Indianapolis, IN

#19 Nov 28, 2011
<quoted text>
Well I watched it last night and it was ok, I wasn't really overtly
crazy about it one way or the other though.
<quoted text>
I have never seen it and to be honest, I have no desire to. I will
tell you about a couple movies I did watch over the weekend though:
The Lincoln Lawyer and Super 8 and both were really quite good. The
Lincoln Lawyer stars Matthew McConaughey w/ Josh Lucas, Ryan Phillippe, Marisa Tomei, Bryan Cranston, John Leguizamo, and William H. Macy in a really good crime drama with a good plotline.
Super 8 is JJ Abrams ( director of tv's " Lost " )/ Steven Spielberg's sci fi / horror, coming - of - age drama and was also
really good.
Yeah, i wanted to see Super 8, but didn't know how good the movie was. I know it gets good reveiws. Thanks Patrick!!! I'll be watching it then.

THE LEGEND HIMSELF

“DECIMATOR OF KNIGHTS”

Location hidden

#20 Nov 28, 2011
Bobby joe 1976 wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, i wanted to see Super 8, but didn't know how good the movie was. I know it gets good reveiws. Thanks Patrick!!! I'll be watching it then.
It's really good. I thought it would be but it even surprised me. Let me know what you think after you've watched it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
ANE Ignores Airport 6 min Political Control 25
black men who only date white women . (Nov '15) 9 min Dark Knight 57
Who is Following Glenn Hammond 10 min tigger 13
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 16 min usa 151,646
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 42 min Extrumpman 33,284
nugent not selling 48 min Extrumpman 137
Pikeville MSHA Office (Jul '15) 1 hr Extrumpman 82
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 1 hr USAsince1680 2,882
Paul Patton Statue 15 hr Where Is Tina 114

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages