OxyContin trial will be held in Pikeville, Kentucky

Jan 10, 2013 Full story: Columbia Magazine 9

OxyContin trial will be held in Pikeville, Kentucky The Commonwealth's lawsuit alleges that Purdue Pharma misled healthcare providers, consumers and government officials regarding the risk of addiction associated with OxyContin, a schedule II narcotic.

Full Story
Futete

Winchester, KY

#1 Jan 10, 2013
This is nothing but a joke. The actual people and families that have suffered from the effects of this drug won't see one single penny. It's a scam to fill the pockets of politicians and their Hospital CEO Buddies. It will be drug out for years and hopefully they won't get one penny either. In their war about the only thing they did is hurt the people who actually need this medication. Anything politicians touch turns to crap.
BUM

Pikeville, KY

#3 Jan 10, 2013
no coon zone wrote:
Have you ever sat in a court of law when they try a drug case. It's a joke. Drug dealing has gone on to long to have it stopped. The law and DEA know just about every drug dealer from the big one on down to the small one's.
And the rehab clinics are another joke. Word is that you can get just as much drugs in rehab as you can on the streets.
It's all a money rip off.
I can name so many names of people that walk free from drug charges it's pathetic.
I just wonder if people started suits against the
Government and drug dealers for overdose death would the damn law and court systems would do something about it.Instead of a slap on the hand stick their ass in jail and take a way there rights.
The trouble is half the damn judges are in with the big time dealers and they scratch each others back's. July like a rat they help turn somebody in and go back on the street and sell again.because they have clout.
Are you so dumb or what. Why dont you people understand that dealer sell for the politicians and rich people! They only get busted if they forget to pay the man and play ball.
quiet respect

Pikeville, KY

#5 Jan 10, 2013
I believe that oxyconton was heavily marketed in this area because it was already a very high narcotic prescription area. Considering what oxyconton is; it seems surprising that physicians would have follow for the line that it was less addicting or whatever the promotion was that was used to market it here.
ohbrother

Richmond, KY

#6 Jan 10, 2013
it funny to hear the conspiracies about the rich people and the politicians. you idiots act like there are million dollar drug dealers around here. most are dopeheads themselves. they usually have a flat screen tv and a four wheeler and thats it. most cant even afford to keep car insurance they have to keep a habit up and give some away to pill whores. you honestly think a judge or politician is going to risk a good career for a few hundred dollars from a drug addict who cant keep their mouth shut
Million Dollar Drug

Carlisle, KY

#7 Jan 10, 2013
ohbrother wrote:
it funny to hear the conspiracies about the rich people and the politicians. you idiots act like there are million dollar drug dealers around here. most are dopeheads themselves. they usually have a flat screen tv and a four wheeler and thats it. most cant even afford to keep car insurance they have to keep a habit up and give some away to pill whores. you honestly think a judge or politician is going to risk a good career for a few hundred dollars from a drug addict who cant keep their mouth shut
I would like to correct you on one thing you said. They are million dollar dope dealers here. Only the people that DOES NOT UNDERSTAND the way things really work here are the people like you. Some people do know the way everything works here but has NO CLUE what to do about it. Does ANYONE understand what I am trying to get across?
yeabu

Richmond, KY

#8 Jan 11, 2013
Million Dollar Drug wrote:
<quoted text> I would like to correct you on one thing you said. They are million dollar dope dealers here. Only the people that DOES NOT UNDERSTAND the way things really work here are the people like you. Some people do know the way everything works here but has NO CLUE what to do about it. Does ANYONE understand what I am trying to get across?
yea william bowling is making a million dollars a year. he just prefers to live in shit as a disguise to keep the cops off him
Old Coal miner

Phelps, KY

#9 Jan 11, 2013
Anything their a lot of money involved in will never be stopped. Drugs are a Cash Cow.
Johnlong

Covington, KY

#10 Feb 3, 2013
The blame go to anyone how buys or using OC. Don't be jealous of rich people. Every business is owned by a rich man. They provide us with the jobs.
facts

Williamson, WV

#11 Feb 3, 2013
There are plenty of million dollar drug dealers in this area and most of them have DR. in front of their name.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Uncle Tab 153,581
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min Reality 5,004
kmart and wages 13 min The Truth 1
Big sandy road runners 33 min walker 21
Jordan Gibson 47 min Kiearra 2
Woman for slave 54 min Cream pie 7
Air Donovan Will Fly One Week Before Election 1 hr SOS 1
Valley Elementary Teacher having an affair? 14 hr maybe 44
PMC appoints CEO ' S wife to run the physician ... 23 hr Former employee 28
Juanita Tue Retaliation 13
PMC Union (Aug '12) Tue Procedure 65
•••
•••