Deli @ Shelbiana Food City

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
whatsthedeal

Shelbiana, KY

#1 Jul 6, 2010
What is the deal with some of the deli employees at the Shelbiana Food City? I cant even begin to number the times that I have been in there needing to pick something up from the deli or needing cold cuts, cheese, etc and can not even get anyone to look up at me and acknowledge me. Just last week I was in there and a little girl was by the bakery wanting a cookie and there were two employees behind the counter that never looked her way. I know they heard her even if they didnt see her but refused to see what she was wanting. I know they may not get paid much or whatever there excuse is. But that is their job and they should try to enjoy it. It would make their day go by much faster and a smile can go a long way. Management really needs to be supervising that section of the store and do something for the morale of those employees or get some new ones!
wtfwtf

Shelbiana, KY

#2 Jul 6, 2010
they will definitely ignore you if they think you are wanting them to slice some meat or cheese!
devils advocate

Louisa, KY

#3 Jul 6, 2010
The thing is alot of customers are jerks- simple truth- and food city doesn't treat it's employees very well- still better then walmart but that isn't saying much. It is stressful customers always are complaining about most of the time b.s. things because they want something free or they are just jerks. When I worked there I told more then one customer if they are going to be rude they can just take their business to walmart. Food city deli employees are not paid enough to deal with rude customers.
devils advocate

Louisa, KY

#4 Jul 6, 2010
That being said just like in my personal life at work I always treated people the way the deserve to be treated. It you were polite and respectful I would be the same to you. If you want to be rude and take you bad day out on me I would return the same in kind.
wtfwtf

Shelbiana, KY

#5 Jul 7, 2010
I agree that some customers are jerks (not all, just like employees)...but wouldnt it be easier for the employees to be nice, have a smile, try to help the customer, and make their day go a little bit better than to avoid even waiting on anyone? If they dont like their job, they need to get another one. I reccomend one where they dont have to deal with other people.
wtfwtf

Shelbiana, KY

#6 Jul 10, 2010
they need to find them something else to do....geesh
well

Pikeville, KY

#7 Jul 10, 2010
they are lazy
just kickin back

Elkhorn City, KY

#8 Jul 10, 2010
that is nothing compared to velocity in elkhorn city, those stupid bitches stand there no more than six feet from u and in plain sight u can see they are doing nothing and they wont even act like they see u
and if u call to place an order they put u on hold for five minutes...
they need to hire some ppl who will work
Imposter

Pikeville, KY

#9 Jul 10, 2010
Most of those ladieT work reality hard back there they have a lot of orders .People call in order a lot at times .Mines a real hard worker she always has been .Please be nice because if I'am standing waiting on mine it something we all do .If anything said to mine I will be a real mean s.o.b . Have a nice day !
Imposter

Pikeville, KY

#10 Jul 10, 2010
People please forgive me of mine post .When I see people call women bitchies its hurts .My women gave me two babies that love more life .For give me .
devils advocate

Louisa, KY

#11 Jul 10, 2010
Food city bakery is a demanding job- understaffed I was the baker and always had to cover other areas because they didn't want to have the apporiate staff for the amount of business. People call in with last minute orders and you can't turn them away. So think of all that hard work before you want to become hateful.
Imposter

Pikeville, KY

#12 Jul 10, 2010
Thanks D A .
sunday bummed

Elkhorn City, KY

#13 Jul 11, 2010
i have never had a problem with food city bakery or deli, i have at walmart at times had to wait along time to get some baloney sliced....
velocity in ec i agree is probably the worst i have been in, there might be as many as 4 or 5 in that tiny little space at any given time, and they are all standing there looking at each other like its your turn, no its your turn, and waiting for the other person to go wait on the customer....
i stood there one day watching this one girl cutting pieces of cake and putting them in containers and there were at least 4 ppl standing in the line waiting to place an order, but apparently cutting that cake meant more to her...and when they do come over and wait on you they act as if they are doing u a huge favor by giving u the food....
food city might be slow but they are curteous and the food is much better anyway
sunday cant spell

Langley, KY

#14 Jul 11, 2010
who eat's bologna? And its spelled "courteous"
What ever

Pikeville, KY

#15 Jul 11, 2010
Well yes I think I would like some sliced liverloaf maybe make me a sandwitch with tamato and mayo just might have a pickle .Yep I talked myself in to it . thank for reading this sorry .May God Bless You sweet People .Good Day !
sunday bummed

Elkhorn City, KY

#16 Jul 11, 2010
sunday cant spell wrote:
who eat's bologna? And its spelled "courteous"
glad to see u have nothing better to do today than follow me around from thread to thread correcting my spelling, i am so happy to have a shadow to make my life better
sunday bummed

Elkhorn City, KY

#17 Jul 11, 2010
oh and since we are in a corrective mood today, u should know that it isnt eat's but it would be eats....no comma....
hey0011

Clarksville, TN

#18 Jul 11, 2010
Look who the bakery-deli manager is at food city shelbiana(cora) that is why it sucks at that trashy place!!!!!!!1
No problem

Clarksville, TN

#19 Jul 11, 2010
These ladies have always waited on me promptly and did so with a smile. And I am there quite often. Until you have had to do someone else's job, don't jump to the conclusion that they're lazy, etc. Their job requires more than just standing there waiting for the next customer to show up.
Lord help Us

Pikeville, KY

#20 Jul 11, 2010
No problem wrote:
These ladies have always waited on me promptly and did so with a smile. And I am there quite often. Until you have had to do someone else's job, don't jump to the conclusion that they're lazy, etc. Their job requires more than just standing there waiting for the next customer to show up.
Well said people should think before passing judgement all things are not has they are seem .

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 16 min ha ha ha 38,630
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 3 hr ahillarydeportable 5,928
about to get busted! 4 hr But who cares 2
Rachel Ratliff on facebook (Apr '16) 6 hr Apabther 47
Smile (Apr '14) 8 hr Without hesitation 407
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 hr Just an observer 170,029
where is a good church (Jan '11) 8 hr faith 22
Rickie Bartley resigns 21 hr Outsider 28

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages