So what if I don't believe in God

“Psalm 14:1”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#56 Dec 18, 2013
what I am hearing wrote:
From the points made and what I'm reading, it appears that it's a matter of religious disillusionment rather than a blatant inability to believe in God.
I'm not pushing anything on anyone...religious freedom is one aspect of living in U.S. that makes it great. I'm educated, I'm open-minded, and I have had a lot of things that have happened in my life to question whether or not there is a God watching over us.
Life, in general, is tough. Bad things happen...whether they be disasters, results of things other people say or do, or even being in the right place at the wrong time...we live, we die...we lose loved ones along the way...there are countless things that one could point out that make life seem miserable, unrewarding, and down right depressing...no one promises that life on this earth is easy...in fact, the trials of life are often difficult, harsh, and sometimes even heart wrenching. However, imagine a life that had no difficulties...if there were no hardships, no suffering...then would joy be felt at all?
You see, if you have the capacity to feel joy, then there has to be a means of comparison. Finding pleasure in other people, places, and things is not a method of obtaining fulfillment and true happiness. Pleasure is only temporary...yet, we are only human and we seek pleasurable things in life...but it is the moment that we make a conscious effort to consider that there is something greater at hand...a concept of achieving more not only for our own benefit...but for the benefit of others...that we discover on the inside what love is and the power that it encompasses. It is the moment that we discover that love is the means of achieving happiness in life and it is a life changing moment. I suggest we not only love ourselves...but we love one another...and for me, God is the embodiment of that love...the spiritual entity that we all have an ability to connect with through our trials of life. For me, I have found this to be true and it has taken me on a new and better journey in life.
Rather than point out all the realities of living life that are discouraging and harsh...I want to point out a few things to you. First of all, do you have the intellect of understanding infinity? When you walk outside on a cool spring morning and take that first breath of air and feel the sun on your face...do you feel inspired and blessed to be alive? When you see the birds fly through the air by the ocean and float on a gentle breeze, do you feel grateful for the experience? When you look into the eyes of a newborn child, is there a sense of amazement of a new life unfolding right before your eyes? When you see a child who has not eaten in days smile the grandest of all smiles as he/she is handed a piece of bread, do you feel the joy that radiates from them? I could go on and on...but these are the life experiences I choose to point out. These are the moments that make me believe. I'm not using these things to make you feel guilt, shame, or remorse or to influence your behavior...I'm pointing them out because they are joyous moments and there are many of them that life has to offer. Find them...they're there. Love is all around you...and for me, that love is the God that keeps me believing. I feel as though Jesus Christ was THE shining example of that love and there really isn't a need for me to say much more. Live your life...and live it the best way you know how. God loves us! Why can't we love one another?
With all do respect ma'am. What will happen to people if they die in their sins?
what I am hearing

Harold, KY

#57 Dec 18, 2013
We all die in sin...as we are all born into sin. It is through the grace of Jesus that we are all saved. I believe in Him. I hope you do as well...it's sir, not ma'am.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#58 Dec 19, 2013
"Sin" is a religious concept invented to guilt, intimidate and control. It's kind of like convincing people that they have a disease then offering them the cure.

If there is no deity to "sin" against, sin loses it's meaning.
ONE GOD wrote:
<quoted text> With all do respect ma'am. What will happen to people if they die in their sins?
what I am hearing

Harold, KY

#59 Dec 19, 2013
Anti-theist wrote:
"Sin" is a religious concept invented to guilt, intimidate and control. It's kind of like convincing people that they have a disease then offering them the cure.
If there is no deity to "sin" against, sin loses it's meaning.
<quoted text>
He wasn't asking you. This is a question directed toward me. There's no need to be rude. Please don't butt in on questions that aren't meant for you to answer. Your answers are full of anger and resentment and I wish someone could open your eyes to how that can plague your life...it is similar to a disease on a spiritual level. The "cure" you are referring to is up to you to find for yourself. No one is twisting your arm but wanting it is your choice...trying to lead people astray from a better life definitely isn't helping anyone...yet, you seem to think it is a remedy? There's no sense in that...finding inspiration in the desire to uninspire is a reflection of your discontent. Think about this...and remember that you are living your own process of life. At least be willing to accept how living a life filled with spirit and truth can be beneficial to you and those you love. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones...it's a gift everyone can give themselves.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#61 Dec 19, 2013
" He wasn't asking you." You are on a public forum.

"Your answers are full of anger and resentment and I wish someone could open your eyes to how that can plague your life" Contempt would be a better word. There is nothing you can type that will anger me.

"it is similar to a disease on a spiritual level." What is a spiritual level? If you believe in spirits, how do you know that they exist?

"The "cure" you are referring to is up to you to find for yourself." Christianity preaches that we are originally "sinful" and must ask forgiveness for the crime of being born. This is nonsense of course but it still seems to convince some people.

"Think about this...and remember that you are living your own process of life." LOL, whose "process of life" should I be living?

"At least be willing to accept how living a life filled with spirit and truth" What truth?

"Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones...it's a gift everyone can give themselves" I'll drink to the Winter Solstice, the turning of the corner.
what I am hearing wrote:
<quoted text> He wasn't asking you. This is a question directed toward me. There's no need to be rude. Please don't butt in on questions that aren't meant for you to answer. Your answers are full of anger and resentment and I wish someone could open your eyes to how that can plague your life...it is similar to a disease on a spiritual level. The "cure" you are referring to is up to you to find for yourself. No one is twisting your arm but wanting it is your choice...trying to lead people astray from a better life definitely isn't helping anyone...yet, you seem to think it is a remedy? There's no sense in that...finding inspiration in the desire to uninspire is a reflection of your discontent. Think about this...and remember that you are living your own process of life. At least be willing to accept how living a life filled with spirit and truth can be beneficial to you and those you love. Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones...it's a gift everyone can give themselves.

“Psalm 14:1”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#62 Dec 19, 2013
what I am hearing wrote:
We all die in sin...as we are all born into sin. It is through the grace of Jesus that we are all saved. I believe in Him. I hope you do as well...it's sir, not ma'am.
I aplogise for calling you ma'am, but my question is more specificlly, if they die without repenting where will they go? Christians don't "Die in their sins" we die to our sins. Thats not to say we don't sin, but we are no longer slaves to it. If we are, we are not His.If we do not warn them of God's wrath to come, and plead with them to repent, would that not be the most discusting and evil things we could do? Jesus was very clear that unless we repent (Turn away from / Change your mind) we would not enter the kingdom of Heaven.If we could gain eternal life by "Doing the best we can" then we would all split Hell wide open. Grace is an undeserved, unmerrited gift that comes with repentence. Unless we truly repent, and call others do to so, we will not see heaven. If we are truly born again, our hearts will burn for the lost and plea for their repentence to escape the wrath of God. Suppose a blind man is headed towards a cliff that would surely kill him. One man runs up and says "Beautiful day today!" The man smiles and continues on his same destination toward a certain death. Another man runs up and says "SIR..PLEASE TURN AROUND!! YOU ARE HEADED FOR CERTAIN DEATH IF YOU CONTINUE WALKING THIS PATH!!! Who is the better friend? God is kind and loving, but he is also just and the Bible tells us that "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness," Romans 1:18 My heart melts for these people, and I care to much for their soul to sugar coat the truth. I hope you understand and agree.

“Psalm 14:1”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#63 Dec 19, 2013
Anti-theist wrote:
"Sin" is a religious concept invented to guilt, intimidate and control. It's kind of like convincing people that they have a disease then offering them the cure.
If there is no deity to "sin" against, sin loses it's meaning.
<quoted text>
Coming from a professing "Atheist" Who can't justify why guilt, intimidation, or control is wrong,and claims he can be wrong about everything he thinks he knows. Why are those things wrong? To say something is wrong pressuposes a universal absolute moral standard of truth. If you claim it doesn't, then why are those things bad, or wrong? Who do you even account for right and wrong? Is it because you just don't like it? Who cares right? We are just star dust doing what star dust does..Fizzing! All of our thoughts are just poducts of protoplasms and molecules spewing and fizzing. What makes one stardust fizz better than another stardust fizz? You KNOW those things are wrong because God has written His law on your heart and has created you in His image with value and worth. You claim you don't believe in God, but you don't live that way. Please repent!
what I am hearing

Harold, KY

#64 Dec 19, 2013
Anti-theist wrote:
" He wasn't asking you." You are on a public forum.
"Your answers are full of anger and resentment and I wish someone could open your eyes to how that can plague your life" Contempt would be a better word. There is nothing you can type that will anger me.
"it is similar to a disease on a spiritual level." What is a spiritual level? If you believe in spirits, how do you know that they exist?
"The "cure" you are referring to is up to you to find for yourself." Christianity preaches that we are originally "sinful" and must ask forgiveness for the crime of being born. This is nonsense of course but it still seems to convince some people.
"Think about this...and remember that you are living your own process of life." LOL, whose "process of life" should I be living?
"At least be willing to accept how living a life filled with spirit and truth" What truth?
"Merry Christmas to you and your loved ones...it's a gift everyone can give themselves" I'll drink to the Winter Solstice, the turning of the corner.
<quoted text>
Good luck in your journey. Merry Christmas.
what I am hearing

Harold, KY

#65 Dec 19, 2013
ONE GOD wrote:
<quoted text> I aplogise for calling you ma'am, but my question is more specificlly, if they die without repenting where will they go? Christians don't "Die in their sins" we die to our sins. Thats not to say we don't sin, but we are no longer slaves to it. If we are, we are not His.If we do not warn them of God's wrath to come, and plead with them to repent, would that not be the most discusting and evil things we could do? Jesus was very clear that unless we repent (Turn away from / Change your mind) we would not enter the kingdom of Heaven.If we could gain eternal life by "Doing the best we can" then we would all split Hell wide open. Grace is an undeserved, unmerrited gift that comes with repentence. Unless we truly repent, and call others do to so, we will not see heaven. If we are truly born again, our hearts will burn for the lost and plea for their repentence to escape the wrath of God. Suppose a blind man is headed towards a cliff that would surely kill him. One man runs up and says "Beautiful day today!" The man smiles and continues on his same destination toward a certain death. Another man runs up and says "SIR..PLEASE TURN AROUND!! YOU ARE HEADED FOR CERTAIN DEATH IF YOU CONTINUE WALKING THIS PATH!!! Who is the better friend? God is kind and loving, but he is also just and the Bible tells us that "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men who suppress the truth in unrighteousness," Romans 1:18 My heart melts for these people, and I care to much for their soul to sugar coat the truth. I hope you understand and agree.
I would want in every way possible to stop a person from walking over a cliff...however, if the person didn't see that the cliff was there and I continued to tell them that it was there, should I beat them down, shackle them, and force my will on them? It makes my heart melt, also, that people don't look or seem concerned about where they might be going. Paul's letters to the people of his time are wonderful things to read and they certainly contain a vast amount of knowledge and direction for early Christians. My focal point is the main topic of this set of comments and it is certainly necessary to even fathom to repent or change your direction...that point is believing in God. I feel as though that belief is the most important facet of living a better life. From that point, further steps can be taken and made toward discussions of righteousness and Christian values. One step at a time. Rather than jumping into Romans...let's start with John 3:16. Love and peace to you. Take care and God bless. Merry Christmas.

“Psalm 14:1”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#66 Dec 19, 2013
what I am hearing wrote:
<quoted text> I would want in every way possible to stop a person from walking over a cliff...however, if the person didn't see that the cliff was there and I continued to tell them that it was there, should I beat them down, shackle them, and force my will on them? It makes my heart melt, also, that people don't look or seem concerned about where they might be going. Paul's letters to the people of his time are wonderful things to read and they certainly contain a vast amount of knowledge and direction for early Christians. My focal point is the main topic of this set of comments and it is certainly necessary to even fathom to repent or change your direction...that point is believing in God. I feel as though that belief is the most important facet of living a better life. From that point, further steps can be taken and made toward discussions of righteousness and Christian values. One step at a time. Rather than jumping into Romans...let's start with John 3:16. Love and peace to you. Take care and God bless. Merry Christmas.
If you believe the Bible is true, then what do you do with Romans 1 :18-21 when it says "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who SUPPRESS the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for GOD HAS SHOWN it unto them.
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are CLEARLY SEEN, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are WITHOUT EXCUSE:
Because that, when they KNEW God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their FOOLISH heart was darkened."? I believe every word from that book,so when it says in short that EVERYONE knows God exists, but they suppress that truth in unrighteousness because they love thier sin, I believe it. This is why I always enter every conversation with an "Atheist" with the presupposition that they DO KNOW God exsists, and it proves to be true from the failure to justify anything while denying God. God calls all men everywhere to repent. This is also why I don't start with "God loves you" because the bible says His wrath is on them for suppressing the truth in unrighteousness. "The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God." 1 Cor. 1:18 It is foolishness because they have heardened their hearts to the truth in Christ. This is what we need to expose and bring to light. God bless you, and merry Christmas toyou and yours as well.
what I am hearing

Harold, KY

#67 Dec 19, 2013
ONE GOD wrote:
<quoted text> If you believe the Bible is true, then what do you do with Romans 1 :18-21 when it says "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who SUPPRESS the truth in unrighteousness; Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for GOD HAS SHOWN it unto them.
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are CLEARLY SEEN, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are WITHOUT EXCUSE:
Because that, when they KNEW God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their FOOLISH heart was darkened."? I believe every word from that book,so when it says in short that EVERYONE knows God exists, but they suppress that truth in unrighteousness because they love thier sin, I believe it. This is why I always enter every conversation with an "Atheist" with the presupposition that they DO KNOW God exsists, and it proves to be true from the failure to justify anything while denying God. God calls all men everywhere to repent. This is also why I don't start with "God loves you" because the bible says His wrath is on them for suppressing the truth in unrighteousness. "The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God." 1 Cor. 1:18 It is foolishness because they have heardened their hearts to the truth in Christ. This is what we need to expose and bring to light. God bless you, and merry Christmas toyou and yours as well.
Thank you!

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#68 Dec 19, 2013
"Coming from a professing "Atheist" Who can't justify why guilt, intimidation, or control is wrong"

You keep trying to change the subject. None of that has anything to do with the fact that you claim that there is exactly one god, but you cannot back up your claim. So, again, you're full of shit.
ONE GOD wrote:
<quoted text> Coming from a professing "Atheist" Who can't justify why guilt, intimidation, or control is wrong,and claims he can be wrong about everything he thinks he knows. Why are those things wrong? To say something is wrong pressuposes a universal absolute moral standard of truth. If you claim it doesn't, then why are those things bad, or wrong? Who do you even account for right and wrong? Is it because you just don't like it? Who cares right? We are just star dust doing what star dust does..Fizzing! All of our thoughts are just poducts of protoplasms and molecules spewing and fizzing. What makes one stardust fizz better than another stardust fizz? You KNOW those things are wrong because God has written His law on your heart and has created you in His image with value and worth. You claim you don't believe in God, but you don't live that way. Please repent!

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#71 Dec 20, 2013
"Oh wait, God already did that and we mucked it up thanks to God also giving us Free Will."

To say that some being gave us free will, is a contradiction. It can't be free will because the Boss orders it.
I Am THE LEGEND HIMSELF wrote:
<quoted text>
If God we going to reveal himself to Man in an effort to inspire Man's unquestionable belief in
"Him" then why wouldn't an all-powerful, all-knowing God just create us as flawless, perfect beings to begin with, ones that never came to know what evil, disease, death, etc. even is/was? Oh wait, God already did that and we mucked it up thanks to God also giving us Free Will. God gave us perfection in the begiinning but also gave us the ability to CHOOSE what we want to do or believe and in doing so, left to our own devices, we (or more specifically Adam and Eve) chose disobedience and now we all reap the results of their choice: evil, disease, death, etc. God uses Faith as the catalyst to inspire us to achieve self-improvement for Faith works in a way that makes us realize that this life is only a temporary "test" if you will where we can determine our own destination in the next step of the journey. Don't you thinkt hat Man could eradicate/cure disease, starvation, etc. if we only made such things our priority? If Man focused as much time, effort, resources, and energy into cures and solutiuons as much as he does war and evil endeavors then I personally believe we could obtain an earthen Utopia. It is Man that chose disobedience andit is Man that suffers the consequences of that choice and will it is Man that will ulitmately reap his own eternal "reward" for that disobedience if he remains within it indefinitely. Just think about all the fools that claim God wants to "control" us and our lives..it's delusional because if God is all-powerful (and I believe "He" is) then God could have easily created us all as robot-like "believers" that never questioned or doubted Him to begin with but instead he endows us with intellect and free will so that we might choose a better (aka "His" or Jesus')) way of our own accord. God permits people to accept the fact of "His" existence via Faith just the same as "He" allows people to try suppressing that knowledge and ignorantly denying God exists...just the same as "He" shall allow them to obtain the consequences of their choices when the time comes to stand/kneel before "Him" as well.

“Psalm 14:1”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#72 Dec 20, 2013
Anti-theist wrote:
"Coming from a professing "Atheist" Who can't justify why guilt, intimidation, or control is wrong"
You keep trying to change the subject. None of that has anything to do with the fact that you claim that there is exactly one god, but you cannot back up your claim. So, again, you're full of shit.
<quoted text>
I'm not changing the subject. That has been my argument all along. The fact that you can't justify any of those things apart from God is proof! My argument has always been that the proof of God is the IMPOSSIBILITY of the contrary. In other words, the fact that you can not account for knowledge, right, wrong, Absolute truth, absolute moral laws, uniformity in nature, logic,That you are even living in reallity ...or ANYTHING, proves my argument. Unless you can account for, and justify any of those things, apart from God, My argument stands proven. By the way, you are making more knowledge claims after giving up knowledge, just like I predicted you would. You are making this very easy for me.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#73 Dec 20, 2013
No, you try to change the subject, shift the burden of proof. Shifting the focus on those who reject your claims will get you no closer to proving them.
ONE GOD wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not changing the subject. That has been my argument all along. The fact that you can't justify any of those things apart from God is proof! My argument has always been that the proof of God is the IMPOSSIBILITY of the contrary. In other words, the fact that you can not account for knowledge, right, wrong, Absolute truth, absolute moral laws, uniformity in nature, logic,That you are even living in reallity ...or ANYTHING, proves my argument. Unless you can account for, and justify any of those things, apart from God, My argument stands proven. By the way, you are making more knowledge claims after giving up knowledge, just like I predicted you would. You are making this very easy for me.
Carbide

Pikeville, KY

#74 Dec 20, 2013
Believe what ever you want. The end result for the believer is eternal rest and peace if their correct. The non believer will burn in hell and never die. If the non believer is correct we will all die and Rot. Their no need for this age old Question with no age old answer. while this is still a free nation believe what ever you want. It's not brain surgery. no Human can make another human believe any thing they don't want to. If this life was I had to worry about I wouldn't be wasting my time arguing and trying to convince anyone of anything. Eat Drink and be merry for Tomorrow you shall Die.

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#75 Dec 20, 2013
"Believe what ever you want. The end result for the believer is eternal rest and peace if their correct."

There are more than two possibilities. You and I might both end up in the Greek Hades or the hell of Islam. There are a multitude of religions, so you better follow them all to cover your ass.
Carbide wrote:
Believe what ever you want. The end result for the believer is eternal rest and peace if their correct. The non believer will burn in hell and never die. If the non believer is correct we will all die and Rot. Their no need for this age old Question with no age old answer. while this is still a free nation believe what ever you want. It's not brain surgery. no Human can make another human believe any thing they don't want to. If this life was I had to worry about I wouldn't be wasting my time arguing and trying to convince anyone of anything. Eat Drink and be merry for Tomorrow you shall Die.

“Psalm 14:1”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#76 Dec 20, 2013
Anti-theist wrote:
No, you try to change the subject, shift the burden of proof. Shifting the focus on those who reject your claims will get you no closer to proving them.
<quoted text>
I'm not shifting the focus, nor the burden of proof. The only proof I have asked for on your part was to prove you could account for and justify all those things I mentioned in the previous post. Simple right? I never asked you to "prove" God doesn't exist, I need no proof that God doesn't exist, I KNOW He does. I'm simply exposing the absurdity of your worldview. I know I'm right, or you would not continue to ignore the challenging questions I have posed to you. You would jump at the chance to show that you can account for and justify those things. Your silence on the questions speaks loud and clear about your claims. My argument has not changed at all,and anyone reading these posts will see that. You are just backed into a corner that your absurd worldview has forced you in. Thank you for proving my argument with your knowledge claims once again. Repent!

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#77 Dec 20, 2013
It don't have to account for anything. YOU claim that there is exactly one god. How you know that is anyone's guess because so far you have not provided evidence.
ONE GOD wrote:
<quoted text> I'm not shifting the focus, nor the burden of proof. The only proof I have asked for on your part was to prove you could account for and justify all those things I mentioned in the previous post. Simple right? I never asked you to "prove" God doesn't exist, I need no proof that God doesn't exist, I KNOW He does. I'm simply exposing the absurdity of your worldview. I know I'm right, or you would not continue to ignore the challenging questions I have posed to you. You would jump at the chance to show that you can account for and justify those things. Your silence on the questions speaks loud and clear about your claims. My argument has not changed at all,and anyone reading these posts will see that. You are just backed into a corner that your absurd worldview has forced you in. Thank you for proving my argument with your knowledge claims once again. Repent!

“Psalm 14:1”

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#78 Dec 21, 2013
Anti-theist wrote:
It don't have to account for anything. YOU claim that there is exactly one god. How you know that is anyone's guess because so far you have not provided evidence.
<quoted text>
Could you be wrong about that?( More knowledge claims ) We haven't even established that you have the necessary tools to evaluate the evidence. It's not that you don't have to account for anything.. you CAN'T! If you could do so, I'm sure you would so that you weren't left looking like a fool. I KNOW there is exactly one God, because He said "Ye are my witnesses, saith the Lord, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me." Isaiah 43:10 How do I know He isn't lying? "God is not a man that He should lie" Numbers 23:19 How do I know this one god exists? Because He has revealed Himself in suh a way, that I can know it for certain. How do I know the Bible is true? Because it wasn't, you couldn't make sense of your questions. All questions presuppose truth. How do you account for truth without God? Thats why those questions are absolutely valid, but I'm sure you will dodge them again. I know if I claimed your worldview, I sure would. "The fool hath said in his heart, "There is no God." Psalm 14:1 Repent for denying the God you KNOW exists.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min usa 163,278
whats nathan damron into these days? (Jul '09) 1 hr Uknowit 11
FBI Transportation Cabinet Version 2017 1 hr Outsider 144
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 1 hr you are depressed 4,398
Does God hate hillbillies 2 hr Wat 15
My wife has huge jugs 2 hr Mandy 4
Word Association (Aug '11) 3 hr _FLATLINE-------- 7,787

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages