Litafik resigns from county position

Litafik resigns from county position

There are 45 comments on the Appalachian News Express story from Jan 20, 2008, titled Litafik resigns from county position. In it, Appalachian News Express reports that:

“I think it's been a heck of a year.”

Staff Writer T.J. Litafik, who managed Pike County Judge-Executive Wayne T. Rutherford's campaign for that office and has served as the judge's executive assistant, has resigned from his post. via Appalachian News Express

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Appalachian News Express.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Rose Deskins

Clay City, KY

#1 Mar 6, 2008
You blew a what on the breathalyze?

Since: Feb 08

Pikeville, KY

#2 Mar 7, 2008
Oh, now, Rose, let's be nice.
matt dillion

Ransom, KY

#3 Mar 7, 2008
I knew he blew!
nobody

Winchester, KY

#4 Mar 19, 2008
i think he is employed at the kimper elementary school what are they thinking!
Wayne T

Anderson, SC

#5 Apr 18, 2008
Its about energy, not TJ.
American from Pikeville

Martin, KY

#6 Jul 16, 2008
Am I the only person that reads this slob's column in the news-express, and suddenly feels an overwhelming urge to choke the piss out of him? What's worse, is reading his column, and then having to look at that UGLY UGLY picture they use of him. Does he think he is sexy, b/c that stupid grin tells me that he thinks he is somebody, which he isn't and never will be. Maybe a pledge (read:boyfriend) for some republican politician somewhere, if he's lucky.

Furthermore, I will pay 100 dollars, to anyone who can talk him into a UFC rules cage match with me, at the expo center. I'm 6ft tall, 170 lbs.:)
Barry

Charleston, WV

#7 Jul 17, 2008
Shit you can call him a slob if u want to but he hits Obama, which I love!! I like his articles, he's for guns, too! GO TJ!
GeographyCoach

Palm Bay, FL

#8 Dec 6, 2008
Hellier is NOWHERE NEAR Pikeville, American.

Try "American From Grundy", that's probably closer.

alittlerusty

Since: Sep 08

Irvine, KY

#9 Dec 6, 2008
GeographyCoach wrote:
Hellier is NOWHERE NEAR Pikeville, American.
Try "American From Grundy", that's probably closer.
Hellier is about 20 minutes out of pikeville.Grundy is is a bit further than that.Hellier is closer.

alittlerusty

Irvine, KY

#10 Dec 6, 2008
Barry wrote:
Shit you can call him a slob if u want to but he hits Obama, which I love!! I like his articles, he's for guns, too! GO TJ!
what he thinks of obama dosen't matter anymore.Obama was Elected and is our president.Might as well get over it.the first elected president in 8 years.
obama has not attacked gun owners.so where does this come from.you guys can hit obama all you want to,won't change a thing.we was stuck with bush for 8 years,and had to put up with everything you can think of.obama will find out just what bush and the gang were up to.hopefuly Bush and his cronies will get prosecuted.Thats what i hope happens.
Wandering

Hurricane, WV

#11 Dec 6, 2008
alittlerusty wrote:
<quoted text>
Hellier is about 20 minutes out of pikeville.Grundy is is a bit further than that.Hellier is closer.
Dont want him coaching me either. He needs to get him a map. I don't see how even with a map he could come up with that. He needs to change his handle to BADLY IN NEED OF A GEOGRAPHY COACH.

alittlerusty

Irvine, KY

#12 Dec 6, 2008
Wandering wrote:
<quoted text>
Dont want him coaching me either. He needs to get him a map. I don't see how even with a map he could come up with that. He needs to change his handle to BADLY IN NEED OF A GEOGRAPHY COACH.
That is true.he must have took a left turn somewhere.
russellmuscle1

Mayking, KY

#13 Dec 8, 2008
Easy guys, first of all, he/she says "from Pikeville", not "in Pikeville". Also, I'm in downtown Pikeville at this very moment, however my post says Ermine. I suppose that has something to do with the location of the internet provider.

Anyway, I went to school with TJ, and he's not exactly a likable person. I'm so proud of him for his accomplishments though. From the time he was in grade school till present day, he has been obsessed with politics..........I'm talking about a 7 year old that knew more about the news than most adults! He's living his dream, so don't dog him when there are so many people in this area with little or no ambition. He certainly wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth, his mother was a teacher at Pikeville,( I think a single mother as well).

Now, as far as the drinking goes; TJ has had maybe 4 DUI's which for any of us "lowly slobs" would be a felony in KY. I'm not angry with TJ for this, because he's still very young and imperfect. He didn't get any of that partying out of his system in highschool, he was actualy a huge dork (haha you'd never believe it right?). However, I am angry at our judges and our system, because here in Pikeville the law is different for all of us. TJ gets his 3rd?/4th? DUI and gives a statement to the paper.....what the hell??His "drug test" is thrown out for some made up bullshit by Judge Friend, while the rest of us go to jail, lose our jobs, be set back for years at times, over some cheap ass Rite Aid drug test given in court that the judge doesn't even know how to read, whether the medicine is legal or not. Obviously this kind of shit does happen in politics, however our court is so blatently unfair to Pike County citizens, and doesn't even care enough to try to cover it up. I guess they know that none of us "peasants" can/will/have the ability do anything about it. They just aren't afraid of our reaction. I don't think he should've been given a felony; since a felony makes it almost impossible to get a job/go to school for the rest of your life, but he should've been punished like everyone else.

alittlerusty

Zoe, KY

#14 Dec 8, 2008
russellmuscle1 wrote:
Easy guys, first of all, he/she says "from Pikeville", not "in Pikeville". Also, I'm in downtown Pikeville at this very moment, however my post says Ermine. I suppose that has something to do with the location of the internet provider.
Anyway, I went to school with TJ, and he's not exactly a likable person. I'm so proud of him for his accomplishments though. From the time he was in grade school till present day, he has been obsessed with politics..........I'm talking about a 7 year old that knew more about the news than most adults! He's living his dream, so don't dog him when there are so many people in this area with little or no ambition. He certainly wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth, his mother was a teacher at Pikeville,( I think a single mother as well).
Now, as far as the drinking goes; TJ has had maybe 4 DUI's which for any of us "lowly slobs" would be a felony in KY. I'm not angry with TJ for this, because he's still very young and imperfect. He didn't get any of that partying out of his system in highschool, he was actualy a huge dork (haha you'd never believe it right?). However, I am angry at our judges and our system, because here in Pikeville the law is different for all of us. TJ gets his 3rd?/4th? DUI and gives a statement to the paper.....what the hell??His "drug test" is thrown out for some made up bullshit by Judge Friend, while the rest of us go to jail, lose our jobs, be set back for years at times, over some cheap ass Rite Aid drug test given in court that the judge doesn't even know how to read, whether the medicine is legal or not. Obviously this kind of shit does happen in politics, however our court is so blatently unfair to Pike County citizens, and doesn't even care enough to try to cover it up. I guess they know that none of us "peasants" can/will/have the ability do anything about it. They just aren't afraid of our reaction. I don't think he should've been given a felony; since a felony makes it almost impossible to get a job/go to school for the rest of your life, but he should've been punished like everyone else.
you make a valid point.I don't know this man personaly.I have read his comentary in the paper,and i don't agree with all of it.some of it i'll give him.But the kind of stuff you mention has been going on sence i can remember.I have to say i have had minor infractions,with the court system,and i have to say they have been fair with me.Naturally there is alwasy one were i felt i didn't get a fair shake.I never even got to speek,at an informal hearing.It was over a forest fire.I did not pay my subscribers fee to the fire dept,because we don't have one.But i called for forestry to come and help me put out the fire,someone sent the fire dept.now they broke down at my driveway,used my tools to get their truck going,which by that time the danger to my home was gone by.I know these people,we talked for a while and they left.a few days later i got a bill for 250 dollars.I refused to pay it,they never done anything,nor did i call them.so they took me to court,and sued me for 500 dollars,and won.I tried to explain what happened to the judge,didn't matter to him.If my house had caught fire they couldn't have helped me any way,plus my driveway was blocked,so no body else could get to me either.some how i was the bad guy,he was trying to cheat the fire dept.In this instance i felt i never got a fair shake.
russellmuscle1

Mayking, KY

#15 Dec 9, 2008
Well rusty, sounds to me like you didn't have a fair shake. My experience with my husband in court was the same way, but we had a different outcome. I guess the arrest itself is what caused all the anguish, not the hearing. I do hate how you don't get to say your piece, you should be able to. In my husbands case, he got a miriad of charges thrown out (most shouldn't have been there anyway, however I'm not going to say he's a perfect angel), because we hired a lawyer. Without a lawyer, my husband probably would've done a little time. With the lawyer, he got a slap on the wrist, sent home and told not to get in trouble again for a month (wow, an entire month!). Now, while that benifits me, it's not fair to those who cannot afford a lawyer. Those poor souls might as well be sitting ducks in court, and like you they do not get an opportunity to defend themselves. With TJ, I suppose it's the blatant apathy towards public opinion. Like we are so stupid that we won't even notice that his "punishment" is to give a statement to the paper. Can you imagen being on your 3rd DUI, and giving a statement to the paper? What a life.......
Staph Infe toon

Ransom, KY

#16 Apr 11, 2013
matt dillion wrote:
I knew he blew!
I heard he's coming back to Wayne's Office. Anyon know?
oooops

Phelps, KY

#17 Apr 11, 2013
he's a democrat might as well Wayne needs another P.R. guy to help him remember what he was supposed to do. More inmates work for the county than are actually in county lockup it seems
Roger FORD

Manchester, KY

#18 Apr 11, 2013
Leave my friend TJ alone , he is my good buddy!!
yomama

Macon, GA

#19 Apr 12, 2013
Hes such a slob. He drinks because he knows hes such a slob. Did he ever have a dad?
yomama

Macon, GA

#20 Apr 12, 2013
Because ppl like TJ get to get out of things. He licks ass, he knows them, went to school with their brats, etc. So he gets off.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Floyd tackett still live around pikeville ? 2 hr Jerks 4
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 3 hr IND 32,374
Buffalo Wild Wings is open 3 hr Restaurant critic 5
judge in conn case pleads guilty! 3 hr Clean the mess 9
2nd AMENDMENT Prevails 4 Island Creek Shooter !... 3 hr legal eagle 2
Man found in pikeville 3 hr legal eagle 4
Island Creek shooting 4 hr legal eagle 122
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages