Strange flying craft
Rare Incident

Richmond, KY

#41 Sep 20, 2012
A lot of UFO activity can be contributed to Swamp Gas. Here in East Kentucky most happen at the end of the month. About a week before the checks come in people are out of money, they switch to pinto beans to makeit until the end of the month. Most UFO sightings in Pike County are just bean gas!
Wheeler

Frankfort, KY

#42 Sep 20, 2012
No, that was a craft spotted in Mexico. To me, it looks like an experimental craft. It is basically a jet pack wore by a person. The US Military was indeed experimenting with such a craft at the time of the signtings. But Barsoom was long ago prooved to be a fack although there is still some controverst over him. Some have speculated that Barsoom is none other than scifi writer M H Wilson who lives in Pikeville. There are various clues found in Mr.Wilson's novel, The Galactic Seven, led to the fact that M H Wilson was Barsoom. The thing is that at first Barsoom gave mundane explanations to strange sightings. He even debunked some of the sightings himself. Then suddenly, Barsoom started giving weird stories and posting photos that were from other areas and countries. Some have speculated that Barsoom started to post fake stuf to get the heat off. This was not long after people started to accuse him as actually being M H Wilson. So, it is likely that Barsoom/M H Wilson did not want his identity to be found, so he created really ridiculous stories and photos so he WOULD get caught. All the while M H Wilson has been accused of secretly investigating UFO sightings in eastern Ky and is in a process of writing a book on his findings. This has angered some thinking that it will make us look like idiots here in Kentucky. Now, it is rumoured that M H Wilson has publicly said that he is not Barsoom, but many are not buying it. They say there are too many coincidences that link Barsoom and M H Wilson. One example of this is that on the Back of the Galactic Seven M H Wilson states that one of his favorite authors is Edgar Rice Burroughs, now Burroughs wrote a series of novels about Mars. In these Novels Mars is called Barsoom. Also, Barsoom wrote about a secret Military base at Dewey Lake. The Galalctic Seven are a secret special force core that has a hidden base near a lake. There are many more clues as well. Even on the authors facebook page there is a photo of him plaing drums and the letters IAB can be clearly seen. Some think the letters stand for I Am Barsoom.

Maybe there is something to this conspiracy.
Humpty Dumpty

London, KY

#43 Sep 22, 2012
No UFO wrote:
<quoted text>
They're claiming that it was multiple comets or asteroids falling to the ground and hitting each other as they fell. I don't know if I believe that though.
I'd rather see a UFO than get hit by a asteroid or a comet !!!
Drone

Richmond, KY

#44 Sep 24, 2012
It is a Drone operated by the Pikeville city council, Franky likes to keep an eye on the goins on down at Pikeville so he used the bed tax money to buy a drone. Wanted one of the armed drones but homeland security would not let him have one, was afraid he would use it on the newspaper!
Boner

Knoxville, TN

#45 Sep 24, 2012
I'm to stoned to identify that.
bogart that joint

Richmond, KY

#46 Sep 24, 2012
Boner wrote:
I'm to stoned to identify that.
Looks like boner is a stoner!....lol
White Trash Wonderful

London, KY

#47 Sep 24, 2012
Maybe it was a bird or a plane or ... SUPERMAN !!!
Keith

Frankfort, KY

#48 Sep 26, 2012
It's super Barsooooooooooom!
Truthsayer

Richmond, KY

#49 Sep 27, 2012
You are delusional...
Wheeler wrote:
No, that was a craft spotted in Mexico. To me, it looks like an experimental craft. It is basically a jet pack wore by a person. The US Military was indeed experimenting with such a craft at the time of the signtings. But Barsoom was long ago prooved to be a fack although there is still some controverst over him. Some have speculated that Barsoom is none other than scifi writer M H Wilson who lives in Pikeville. There are various clues found in Mr.Wilson's novel, The Galactic Seven, led to the fact that M H Wilson was Barsoom. The thing is that at first Barsoom gave mundane explanations to strange sightings. He even debunked some of the sightings himself. Then suddenly, Barsoom started giving weird stories and posting photos that were from other areas and countries. Some have speculated that Barsoom started to post fake stuf to get the heat off. This was not long after people started to accuse him as actually being M H Wilson. So, it is likely that Barsoom/M H Wilson did not want his identity to be found, so he created really ridiculous stories and photos so he WOULD get caught. All the while M H Wilson has been accused of secretly investigating UFO sightings in eastern Ky and is in a process of writing a book on his findings. This has angered some thinking that it will make us look like idiots here in Kentucky. Now, it is rumoured that M H Wilson has publicly said that he is not Barsoom, but many are not buying it. They say there are too many coincidences that link Barsoom and M H Wilson. One example of this is that on the Back of the Galactic Seven M H Wilson states that one of his favorite authors is Edgar Rice Burroughs, now Burroughs wrote a series of novels about Mars. In these Novels Mars is called Barsoom. Also, Barsoom wrote about a secret Military base at Dewey Lake. The Galalctic Seven are a secret special force core that has a hidden base near a lake. There are many more clues as well. Even on the authors facebook page there is a photo of him plaing drums and the letters IAB can be clearly seen. Some think the letters stand for I Am Barsoom.
Maybe there is something to this conspiracy.
Billy J

Frankfort, KY

#50 Sep 27, 2012
Yeah, Wheeler is not firing on all thrusters.
Spaceship

Pikeville, KY

#51 Oct 3, 2012
I'd like to hit the bong with E.T. while traveling through diffeant dimensions.
Delta

East Bernstadt, KY

#52 Feb 3, 2013
I think it's a garbage bag blowing in the wind above the hills.
Bear

Somerset, KY

#53 Feb 5, 2013
Nicky wrote:
Barsoom, if you're so interested in strange flying crafts, maybe you should investigate what's going on in Hazard. People there think that a UFO or 2 crashed in the mountain around Lothair last night. Multiple people claim that they witnessed 2 strange flying crafts hit each other mid-air and burst into flames then plummet to the ground and explode, causing smoke with an odd odor to billow out of the hills. The news is being very coy about it all. Weird stuff!
They tried to claim that it was an asteroid, now they're saying that they don't know what it was.
tickle

London, KY

#54 Feb 6, 2013
wow! lol!

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#55 Feb 6, 2013
I have visited the site where the craft was supposed to come down. It was no meteorite. Our team did not find any evidence of a meterite. I have spoken to a couple witnesses and have come to the conclusion that is was some type of craft. I'm not saying it was extraterrestrial, but it was something different. It could not have been an airplane or helicopter for they would have been easily reported. I do believe the witnesses. I did not take them to be liars and they did not want to attention. I interviewed them seperately and their stories matched. There were some differences, but not more than would be at a site of a car accident or any other public happening. They were frightened by what they say. I wish we could have found some physical evidence, but we will have to go with the witnesses account.
LOL

London, KY

#56 Jun 14, 2013
Barsoom wrote:
I have visited the site where the craft was supposed to come down. It was no meteorite. Our team did not find any evidence of a meterite. I have spoken to a couple witnesses and have come to the conclusion that is was some type of craft. I'm not saying it was extraterrestrial, but it was something different. It could not have been an airplane or helicopter for they would have been easily reported. I do believe the witnesses. I did not take them to be liars and they did not want to attention. I interviewed them seperately and their stories matched. There were some differences, but not more than would be at a site of a car accident or any other public happening. They were frightened by what they say. I wish we could have found some physical evidence, but we will have to go with the witnesses account.
Are you talking about the thing in the picture on this thread? Do you hunt for UFO's? Why do people keep talking about you on UFO topics on here?

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#57 Jun 14, 2013
I work for an organization that has an interest in UFOs and supernatural events. Some have given me abilities that I just don't have. I am not part of the men in black or work for the Air Force or any other military group. I do, however, gather information for a select group of people who will remain unnamed. I was asked to investigate a certain event that took place in this area and have been at it ever since. I don't even claim or know if there is anything to this UFO phenomena. I have, however, seen evidence that at least warrents further study in the object.

Why here? Well, I was born and raised in the Pikeville area and the powers that be felt it best to have a local to investigate the matter. I am known but very few know that I investigate UFOs and the supernatural. I do have the perfect cover where I can investigate sightings without drawing attention to myself. My "hobby" lends itself well to the subject. My day job takes me all over eastern Kentucky so I can meet with people and no one is the wiser. The people who work with me at my regular job have no idea that I do this. But, I am just a normal guy. I'm not even saying that UFOs are real. I'm just gathering information for others. That is why I chose the name Barsoom.

I chose this public forum as a way to report to my group so I don't have to meet with them face to face. Though, we do have meetings in person from time to time at local public buildings. This, believe it or not, helps to conceal us. There have been many people that have seen us at this public places, but have no idea who we are.

I hope that somewhat explains why people are curious.
Fan

Frankfort, KY

#58 Jun 17, 2013
Well, that answers a few questions.
The Real McCoy

Lebanon, KY

#59 Jun 17, 2013
I used to go to the Bar some, then I got to going about everyday. Had to quit when I started seeing flying saucers and s#*t.
Todd C

Frankfort, KY

#60 Jun 17, 2013
Actually, I agree with Barsoom. I don't think he is nuts, really. I mean, he doesn't even claim to believe in UFOs and I don't think he ever claimed to see anything strange. I think someone is pulling his strings, though. As for UFOs, the jury is still out as far as I am concerned.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 3 min A Hillary Deport... 4,780
The Gospel Redemmers 4 min blah blah blah 75
Trumps ratings better than ever 17 min Worst Ever 23
Bank 253 Gang Bang 19 min Roger 6
Appalachian Airplane (Nov '14) 20 min Question 184
Sanctuary Cities 24 min Impeach Trump Now 33
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 41 min usa 163,841

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance