deputy shoots at unarmed man
News Station

United States

#21 May 3, 2014
Fart Knocker wrote:
<quoted text>
i heard this too. Wonder why nobody is talking about this.
That's a good question! Surely someone can submit a request to WYMT, I'm sure they would LOVE to add this to their other Sheriff Dept stories they've covered!
No Surprise

United States

#22 May 3, 2014
here wrote:
ross shurtleff, dorton
Knew it was coming... Just didn't know when! You can't go around acting like RoboCop and it not come back to bite you! Karma Sucks right now for him....
need a new sheriff

Jackson, KY

#23 May 3, 2014
Truth wrote:
This is interesting to know that all the comments written in the past regarding untrained deputies running around playing Supercop who really aren't QUALIFIED or LEGALLY allowed to do what they're out there doing has been going on FOR YEARS under Fuzzy's watch! So this information should speak volumes during this election for the voters to know and realize people have been telling the TRUTH and not making up "STORIES" against poor ol Fuzzy! I wonder how many people went to jail or is in prison who could have beat their case since there wasn't a "QUALIFIED " or "ACADEMY" TRAINED official involved with their arrest? Now let's watch how quickly this post gets removed!!!! Rodney has this election HANDS DOWN!
Exactly! We need a new sheriff that can manage that department. Not a 87 year old man that sets over there and makes no decisions. Basically he does nothing!. Im tired of my tax dollars going to his 120,000 plus salary , for nothing. Anybody that wants a badge he turns loose as a deputy. I don't see how he has got away with it for so long.
yoodler

Lebanon, KY

#24 May 3, 2014
need a new sheriff wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! We need a new sheriff that can manage that department. Not a 87 year old man that sets over there and makes no decisions. Basically he does nothing!. Im tired of my tax dollars going to his 120,000 plus salary , for nothing. Anybody that wants a badge he turns loose as a deputy. I don't see how he has got away with it for so long.
The Fuzz makes $120000 a year? lord have mercy he don't do crap! You ever travel to places where the sherif department actually does stuff like pull people over, respond to calls and arrest people? All them younguns do heer is park outside high school football games and lean on their cruzers. lordy lordy boys lets get rid of these corruption riddled boofoons

I am voting for 1) bill deskins 2) TJ 3) Scott 4) against all them incomebants
clean at house out, too much poo poo
thecase

Cleveland, OH

#25 May 3, 2014
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>listen dumbass the man severely injured the deputy. He had to be transported to the emergency room. He tried to take the officers weapon. So know the facts before you spout out any more shit.
if that is true why is every cop in pike county not out looking for him? is fuzzy scared of the bad press because one of his people messed up and about got someone killed?
Truth

United States

#26 May 3, 2014
thecase wrote:
<quoted text>
if that is true why is every cop in pike county not out looking for him? is fuzzy scared of the bad press because one of his people messed up and about got someone killed?
Looks like WTF don't have a response to your post..LOL! Probably because he is a Fuzzy suck! When Fuzzy gets voted out WTF will go away with him which will be GOOD!!
my opinion

Thelma, KY

#27 May 3, 2014
Fart Knocker wrote:
<quoted text>
i heard this too. Wonder why nobody is talking about this.
Maybe it isn't true??
Truth

United States

#28 May 3, 2014
my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe it isn't true??
YES... It is TRUE!!!
wtf

Prestonsburg, KY

#29 May 3, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like WTF don't have a response to your post..LOL! Probably because he is a Fuzzy suck! When Fuzzy gets voted out WTF will go away with him which will be GOOD!!
Here is some truth for you,the deputy slid and fell chasing a wanted fugitive, the man was able to get his baton and began striking him in the head, now I think any jury would consider that a reason to use any means necessary. now seeing that there was only one other person there either you are talking out your ass just to put down Fuzzy or you are a witness, which means maybe your ip address should be checked.police officers from all over the country get hurt and killed every day., it happens ... its a dangerous job.and you cant just fire someone because you want to.it did take me awhile to answer cause I got a job, apparently all you have is a computer which you post crap and complete lies hoping to get Rodney and freddy a couple votes.
My Opinion

Mount Sterling, KY

#30 May 3, 2014
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Here is some truth for you,the deputy slid and fell chasing a wanted fugitive, the man was able to get his baton and began striking him in the head, now I think any jury would consider that a reason to use any means necessary. now seeing that there was only one other person there either you are talking out your ass just to put down Fuzzy or you are a witness, which means maybe your ip address should be checked.police officers from all over the country get hurt and killed every day., it happens ... its a dangerous job.and you cant just fire someone because you want to.it did take me awhile to answer cause I got a job, apparently all you have is a computer which you post crap and complete lies hoping to get Rodney and freddy a couple votes.
I don't much of anything on topix But I do monter It. I just don't think anyone I just don't think anyone elected for what is posted on this forum. Do You? My the way I can't spell very well, Sorry but not STUPID.
Truth

Greenville, SC

#31 May 3, 2014
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Here is some truth for you,the deputy slid and fell chasing a wanted fugitive, the man was able to get his baton and began striking him in the head, now I think any jury would consider that a reason to use any means necessary. now seeing that there was only one other person there either you are talking out your ass just to put down Fuzzy or you are a witness, which means maybe your ip address should be checked.police officers from all over the country get hurt and killed every day., it happens ... its a dangerous job.and you cant just fire someone because you want to.it did take me awhile to answer cause I got a job, apparently all you have is a computer which you post crap and complete lies hoping to get Rodney and freddy a couple votes.
And your IP address can also be brought up on what you've said! But that's ok I'm sorry to say that Fuzzy's sheriff days are almost over when Rodney wins in which you will be gone too! Its OBVIOUS you must work for him! Oh by the way since you like to answer questions, do us all a favor and just answer whether or not this Sheriff Deputy has went through the required 18 week course at the academy in Richmond which is REQUIRED by law to be a road deputy?
Truth

Greenville, SC

#32 May 3, 2014
wtf wrote:
He slid and fell?? That's interesting in your earlier post you put he was severely injured by this so called criminal!! So what's the REAL story?? Hasn't he had previous encounters with bullying people and cursing at them? I've heard there were multiple complaints called in on him. Once again, Fuzzy did NOTHING about them!
wtf

Prestonsburg, KY

#33 May 4, 2014
I think you need to read alittle better I said he slid and fell and the guy beat him in the head with a steel asp baton, which required staples. now just like Tolby Ratliff was trying to explain to you bunch of dumb asses, KRS 70.045 states that any deputy sworn in has the same arrest powers and authority has a certified officer,which by the way is 22 weeks,except he can not do a warrantless arrest. and this is for all of KY not just pike county. You people cannot even have a intelligent argument you tell lies and spout out bullshit. how many jail guards have been hurt,or been fired. did you know the jailor has the same salary as the sheriff? I mean the man cant even send his kid to Belfry where he lives and grew up. which by the way makes me wonder if he pays tuition for that.
new sheriff

Macon, GA

#34 May 4, 2014
Im so glad fuzzies days are almost over, whats bad though after the election in May , we still will have to put up with him the rest of the year until Rodney takes office. My prediction is sometime next month after he looses fuzzy will go ahead and appoint Melvin, for the rest of the year. He wanted him to have it so bad, so theres his chance , but it will be for a very short time.
my opinion

Thelma, KY

#35 May 4, 2014
new sheriff wrote:
Im so glad fuzzies days are almost over, whats bad though after the election in May , we still will have to put up with him the rest of the year until Rodney takes office. My prediction is sometime next month after he looses fuzzy will go ahead and appoint Melvin, for the rest of the year. He wanted him to have it so bad, so theres his chance , but it will be for a very short time.
If the man wanted the job so bad why didn't he run for sheriff?
wtf

Prestonsburg, KY

#36 May 4, 2014
my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Another lie made up by this bunch, Fuzzy cannot appoint someone to finish his term, its up to the judge executive.
voter

Macon, GA

#37 May 4, 2014
my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
he knows he couldn't win, he would be lucky to get a 100 votes.
need a new sheriff

Macon, GA

#38 May 4, 2014
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Another lie made up by this bunch, Fuzzy cannot appoint someone to finish his term, its up to the judge executive.
Rutherford has done said he would appoint who ever fuzzy wants.
here

Whitesburg, KY

#40 May 4, 2014
wtf wrote:
I think you need to read alittle better I said he slid and fell and the guy beat him in the head with a steel asp baton, which required staples. now just like Tolby Ratliff was trying to explain to you bunch of dumb asses, KRS 70.045 states that any deputy sworn in has the same arrest powers and authority has a certified officer,which by the way is 22 weeks,except he can not do a warrantless arrest. and this is for all of KY not just pike county. You people cannot even have a intelligent argument you tell lies and spout out bullshit. how many jail guards have been hurt,or been fired. did you know the jailor has the same salary as the sheriff? I mean the man cant even send his kid to Belfry where he lives and grew up. which by the way makes me wonder if he pays tuition for that.
guess what, there is an article in the herald that says the sheriff is responsible for what for the deputy does. a lot of other sheriffs refuse to use volunteer deputies or put them through training why would fuzzy want unpaid untrained people out here making arrests. this boy almost got himself or someone else killed. why didn't he take backup? why didn't the paid deputies serve this warrant? I am sure other cops and prosecutors and judges love when unpaid deputies like this guy bring in a mess to their court. if the academy isn't important why not do away with it? the state feels like police officer should go to the academy but fuzzy thinks its fine to not send anyone
wtf

Prestonsburg, KY

#41 May 5, 2014
I agree he shouldn't have went by himself, but uncertified does not mean untrained. here is some facts about the sheriff dept .the money they get is from serving process and tax collection. there is no state or federal money, and very little county money other than a little coal severance. the office is responsible for all court process, all county issued warrants. all mental hygene trips which is several a day. they cover all funerals, all ball games. that's not counting all the complaints and other police work. volunteers are a necessity. they would have to hire at least 20 more salaried deputies to cover everything, thats almost 3,000,000. in salary for a 4 year term. the money is not there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 4 min Trump voter 810
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 4 min Kyboy 5,255
making this country great again 6 min GREAT AGAIN 4
Burglaries In City 11 min good succ 9
Pikeville Medical Center- Nursing Pay (Sep '09) 31 min Brooklyn 96
Esther Brooke Fleming (Tucker) 1 hr Obsessed 1
Why Are So Many People Leaving Pike County ? (May '11) 1 hr big daddy here 1,075
Pike County Attorney Howard Keith Hall (Mar '15) 2 hr Rose 63
White creatures , breeding for goverment checks !! 19 hr knocked up 29

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages