City School bus used for personal use

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Think Positive

Martin, KY

#2 Mar 7, 2014
Did you ever think that the bus driver was taking the bus to get it serviced? To make sure the kids are on a safe bus. Did you ever think the employee is doing a driving route to get their qualifications in to drive the bus. They may have to drive so many hours to be qualified to drive a bus.Did it ever occur to you anything positive?
Get real

Corbin, KY

#3 Mar 7, 2014
Angry Taxpayer wrote:
I have a young child that attends Model City Daycare in town and for the last several weeks I have noticed that one of the daycare workers has been using one of the Pikeville City school buses for her own personal use.Just this morning she was parking the bus as I pulled in to drop my daughter off.There were no children on the bus and she got off the bus and left it running when she went into the daycare.I was inside the center for a good 15 minutes and as I came out to get into my car she was coming out.She had left the bus running the whole time she was inside talking.She got in the bus and pulled out and again there were no children on the bus.I would have followed her to see where she was going and what she was using the bus for but as the parking at the daycare is aweful I was blocked in as usual and couldn't get out in time to follow her.I have noticed her do this several times and also noticed the bus parked there for long periods.There have never been any children on the bus when she pulls in or leaves.My question is why is a bus for the city schools being used for this womans personal vehicle when taxpayer money is used to fund the city schools.The city school system raised their tuition rates this year by a substantial amount,as if they weren't high enough already.Plus the tax rates for the city schools were raised this year also.Is this what they city school system needed all that extra money?So a bus driver can take a bus and use it as her own personal vehicle?So she can leave it running and waste gas that the tax payers are paying for?What happens if she is involved in an accident while she is running her personal errands,will us taxpayers foot the bill for that as well?I plan on posting a letter in the newspaper regarding this matter and contacting the board office regarding this matter as well.Maybe then they will understand that the taxpayers are tired of footing the bill for nonsense like this.
County school buses are used to haul people to work,one bus you will notice park in the Weddington Plaza parking lot,these buses should be parked at the schools,65 dollars a day for 30min to 1hour run is damn good money and most of the drivers are already employees of the school system.Theres a bus for every county road in Pike,transportation is the second biggest budget for the school system,If the board members really want to focus on the kids as their motto they should look into their bus routes.maybe then they could budget money for update text books,maybe a raise for the teachers instead of a Bonus.
Amazed

Corbin, KY

#4 Mar 7, 2014
Think Positive wrote:
Did you ever think that the bus driver was taking the bus to get it serviced? To make sure the kids are on a safe bus. Did you ever think the employee is doing a driving route to get their qualifications in to drive the bus. They may have to drive so many hours to be qualified to drive a bus.Did it ever occur to you anything positive?
Cover up,people are not as stupidly as you may think.Free loading!
keeping on

Winchester, KY

#5 Mar 7, 2014
Think Positive wrote:
Did you ever think that the bus driver was taking the bus to get it serviced? To make sure the kids are on a safe bus. Did you ever think the employee is doing a driving route to get their qualifications in to drive the bus. They may have to drive so many hours to be qualified to drive a bus.Did it ever occur to you anything positive?
It seems some are constantly looking around to find someone else doing something they think is wrong. Guess it keeps them from thinking about and having to deal with their own personal problems..
Some sense

Pikeville, KY

#6 Mar 7, 2014
Angry Taxpayer wrote:
I have a young child that attends Model City Daycare in town and for the last several weeks I have noticed that one of the daycare workers has been using one of the Pikeville City school buses for her own personal use.Just this morning she was parking the bus as I pulled in to drop my daughter off.There were no children on the bus and she got off the bus and left it running when she went into the daycare.I was inside the center for a good 15 minutes and as I came out to get into my car she was coming out.She had left the bus running the whole time she was inside talking.She got in the bus and pulled out and again there were no children on the bus.I would have followed her to see where she was going and what she was using the bus for but as the parking at the daycare is aweful I was blocked in as usual and couldn't get out in time to follow her.I have noticed her do this several times and also noticed the bus parked there for long periods.There have never been any children on the bus when she pulls in or leaves.My question is why is a bus for the city schools being used for this womans personal vehicle when taxpayer money is used to fund the city schools.The city school system raised their tuition rates this year by a substantial amount,as if they weren't high enough already.Plus the tax rates for the city schools were raised this year also.Is this what they city school system needed all that extra money?So a bus driver can take a bus and use it as her own personal vehicle?So she can leave it running and waste gas that the tax payers are paying for?What happens if she is involved in an accident while she is running her personal errands,will us taxpayers foot the bill for that as well?I plan on posting a letter in the newspaper regarding this matter and contacting the board office regarding this matter as well.Maybe then they will understand that the taxpayers are tired of footing the bill for nonsense like this.


First of all this is someone that is talking about something that they have no clue what they are talking about, this is a lady that works for Pikeville Independent School and does runs back and forth from Pikeville High School to the University of Pikeville (6 runs) to take the student for college classes. Talk about a waste of taxpayers dollars would be for her to go get that bus ever 50 minutes at the bus lot. She is already in town, this is just down the hill. Maybe one mile. So you might want to know what you are talking about before opening your mouth. So save your your ink and don't bother writing the paper, because I am sure that they would call the board office, and would be told the same thing. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.
wheny

Clay City, KY

#7 Mar 7, 2014
They also do home visits and take model city headstart parents places tgey need to go.
Know Before Talking

Pikeville, KY

#8 Mar 7, 2014
People really need to know what they are talking about before they get on here and post incorrect information. It seems to me that some people simply need to obtain a JOB so that they don't have the time to try to get someone in trouble.
Tired of Cheese Eaters

Pikeville, KY

#9 Mar 7, 2014
Angry Taxpayer wrote:
I have a young child that attends Model City Daycare in town and for the last several weeks I have noticed that one of the daycare workers has been using one of the Pikeville City school buses for her own personal use.Just this morning she was parking the bus as I pulled in to drop my daughter off.There were no children on the bus and she got off the bus and left it running when she went into the daycare.I was inside the center for a good 15 minutes and as I came out to get into my car she was coming out.She had left the bus running the whole time she was inside talking.She got in the bus and pulled out and again there were no children on the bus.I would have followed her to see where she was going and what she was using the bus for but as the parking at the daycare is aweful I was blocked in as usual and couldn't get out in time to follow her.I have noticed her do this several times and also noticed the bus parked there for long periods.There have never been any children on the bus when she pulls in or leaves.My question is why is a bus for the city schools being used for this womans personal vehicle when taxpayer money is used to fund the city schools.The city school system raised their tuition rates this year by a substantial amount,as if they weren't high enough already.Plus the tax rates for the city schools were raised this year also.Is this what they city school system needed all that extra money?So a bus driver can take a bus and use it as her own personal vehicle?So she can leave it running and waste gas that the tax payers are paying for?What happens if she is involved in an accident while she is running her personal errands,will us taxpayers foot the bill for that as well?I plan on posting a letter in the newspaper regarding this matter and contacting the board office regarding this matter as well.Maybe then they will understand that the taxpayers are tired of footing the bill for nonsense like this.


First of all, let's get things straight. I am pretty sure that angry taxpayer is a cheese eater. You live on government housing, receive food stamps, wic, and a medical card, not to mention all other free assistance. You receive this all while having a man live in your hud approved home. This bus driver that you are so concerned with is doing her part to pay for all those free programs that you take part in by working three jobs. To call yourself and angry tax person, you have to have a job. Do you have one? I'm pretty sure you don't. She is only saving money by stopping in at one of her other jobs, which is located only one mile from her destination between runs, to save money on fuel. She is not doing ANY personal errands during these times that is why there is never any children on the bus when you observe it sitting in the crowded daycare parking lot.
You Ass oom

Clintwood, VA

#10 Mar 7, 2014
Tired of Cheese Eaters wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, let's get things straight. I am pretty sure that angry taxpayer is a cheese eater. You live on government housing, receive food stamps, wic, and a medical card, not to mention all other free assistance. You receive this all while having a man live in your hud approved home. This bus driver that you are so concerned with is doing her part to pay for all those free programs that you take part in by working three jobs. To call yourself and angry tax person, you have to have a job. Do you have one? I'm pretty sure you don't. She is only saving money by stopping in at one of her other jobs, which is located only one mile from her destination between runs, to save money on fuel. She is not doing ANY personal errands during these times that is why there is never any children on the bus when you observe it sitting in the crowded daycare parking lot.
You are not sure of anything. You are doing exactly what "Angry Taxpayer" is doing. You are making assumptions that this person is on government assistance.

Let me state my OPINION. I doubt someone is out and about every morning taking their child to daycare unless they themselves are going to a JOB. Maybe the original poster is wrong....maybe you are wrong...maybe I am wrong.
TRUTH

Pikeville, KY

#11 Mar 7, 2014
You Ass oom wrote:
<quoted text>
You are not sure of anything. You are doing exactly what "Angry Taxpayer" is doing. You are making assumptions that this person is on government assistance.
Let me state my OPINION. I doubt someone is out and about every morning taking their child to daycare unless they themselves are going to a JOB. Maybe the original poster is wrong....maybe you are wrong...maybe I am wrong.
Actually the truth is 75% of the children being dropped off at day care are receiving FREE childcare. The only way to get childcare assistance now (and this has been so for the last year) is to be on WELFARE!!! I am pretty sure if you are on Welfare that you would be receiving ever other government assistance program that is out there. I have been at the day care morning and evening and some of the parent actually wear pajamas to drop off and pick-up there children, so yes I am sure that most are receiving a great amount of assistance. This person that is doing the talking about the bus driver is simply just mad because they thought someone was getting something free other than them. And if they are able to be at the daycare enough to see this bus there all these times, I am wondering how would they be holding a job, I am at my job 8 hours with a 30 minute lunch. I know of NO one that hold a full-time job that would be able to see all of this.
Parent

West Liberty, KY

#12 Mar 7, 2014
Truth and Some Sense - you both beat me to what I was going to say! Lol

I have a child at MC and PES, I'm at both places everyday. I can assure you that the ladies that drive city buses to daycare are also daycare employees (and really awesome ones at that).

Anyone that questions these drivers should ask them about it. I'm almost 100% sure they can answer any questions you may have about their job duties.

Heck, I'll be back over there to pick my child up in a little while, if you are still around I could draw you a map while they explain their routes to you!
Parent

West Liberty, KY

#13 Mar 7, 2014
Sorry for the triple post!
You Ass oom

Clintwood, VA

#14 Mar 7, 2014
TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the truth is 75% of the children being dropped off at day care are receiving FREE childcare. The only way to get childcare assistance now (and this has been so for the last year) is to be on WELFARE!!! I am pretty sure if you are on Welfare that you would be receiving ever other government assistance program that is out there. I have been at the day care morning and evening and some of the parent actually wear pajamas to drop off and pick-up there children, so yes I am sure that most are receiving a great amount of assistance. This person that is doing the talking about the bus driver is simply just mad because they thought someone was getting something free other than them. And if they are able to be at the daycare enough to see this bus there all these times, I am wondering how would they be holding a job, I am at my job 8 hours with a 30 minute lunch. I know of NO one that hold a full-time job that would be able to see all of this.
The "Truth" is, individuals that work in retail stores and fast food restaurants QUALIFY for assistance and/or daycare help. Do what you told "Angry Taxpayer" to do and check your facts before posting.
Restaurant Worker

Pikeville, KY

#15 Mar 7, 2014
You Ass oom wrote:
<quoted text>The "Truth" is, individuals that work in retail stores and fast food restaurants QUALIFY for assistance and/or daycare help. Do what you told "Angry Taxpayer" to do and check your facts before posting.
Truth is, I tried to receive childcare assistance, and was turned down,no new clients, unless you are on K-Tap or welfare (whatever it's called). Low income does not make you qualify now. Only if you have been on if for some time now. This was months ago that I was denied. So yes that is true!!!!
You Ass oom

Clintwood, VA

#16 Mar 7, 2014
Restaurant Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is, I tried to receive childcare assistance, and was turned down,no new clients, unless you are on K-Tap or welfare (whatever it's called). Low income does not make you qualify now. Only if you have been on if for some time now. This was months ago that I was denied. So yes that is true!!!!
If you were on Welfare, you wouldn't need daycare. I don't believe you.

I once qualified for daycare help when I worked a lower paying job. They paid a portion because I earned a certain amount that QUALIFIED me for that particular assistance. I didn't draw a check or have food stamps.
Restaurant Worker

Pikeville, KY

#17 Mar 7, 2014
You Ass oom wrote:
<quoted text>If you were on Welfare, you wouldn't need daycare. I don't believe you.
I once qualified for daycare help when I worked a lower paying job. They paid a portion because I earned a certain amount that QUALIFIED me for that particular assistance. I didn't draw a check or have food stamps.
I am not say that getting day care while on welfare it right, I am just telling you that it is true, Call the food stamp office and ask them. This has been so for some time now. The old program did according some of the people that I have talked to, not now.
Observer

Clintwood, VA

#18 Mar 7, 2014
Restaurant Worker wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not say that getting day care while on welfare it right, I am just telling you that it is true, Call the food stamp office and ask them. This has been so for some time now. The old program did according some of the people that I have talked to, not now.
So people working low paying jobs aren't qualified for daycare assistance where they ACTUALLY need help, but welfare recipients that DON' T work qualify? I am having trouble understanding this logic.
really now

Richmond, KY

#19 Mar 7, 2014
TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the truth is 75% of the children being dropped off at day care are receiving FREE childcare. The only way to get childcare assistance now (and this has been so for the last year) is to be on WELFARE!!! I am pretty sure if you are on Welfare that you would be receiving ever other government assistance program that is out there. I have been at the day care morning and evening and some of the parent actually wear pajamas to drop off and pick-up there children, so yes I am sure that most are receiving a great amount of assistance. This person that is doing the talking about the bus driver is simply just mad because they thought someone was getting something free other than them. And if they are able to be at the daycare enough to see this bus there all these times, I am wondering how would they be holding a job, I am at my job 8 hours with a 30 minute lunch. I know of NO one that hold a full-time job that would be able to see all of this.
And how would you know that 75% of the children at that daycare are are receiving free childcare unless you work there?Are you the bus driver in question or are you just trying to distract from what is being done at your place of employment?I would imagine that lots of parents are at that place in the morning and in the evening but they wouldn't know that 75% of the kids are receiving free childcare?And why do you judge people by what they wear and assume they are on welfare and are receiving every free program that is available?How is it that you see all this with only a 30 minute lunch break since you work 8 hours a day unless those 8 hours are spent working at the daycare?Think before you speak and go giving yourself away!

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Since: Nov 10

Point Pleasant, WV

#20 Mar 8, 2014
Well, I don't know anything about free daycare, but I have worked at daycares before, and I know for a fact that most of those mommies did not have jobs. Where they were going, I don't know. But the talk was that most of them just didn't want to fool with their kids. I could understand daycare if you had a doc appt. or something, but these were daily kids.
Head start is different than daycare. It's government assisted for low/no income families and is free.
wheny

Clay City, KY

#21 Mar 8, 2014
TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually the truth is 75% of the children being dropped off at day care are receiving FREE childcare. The only way to get childcare assistance now (and this has been so for the last year) is to be on WELFARE!!! I am pretty sure if you are on Welfare that you would be receiving ever other government assistance program that is out there. I have been at the day care morning and evening and some of the parent actually wear pajamas to drop off and pick-up there children, so yes I am sure that most are receiving a great amount of assistance. This person that is doing the talking about the bus driver is simply just mad because they thought someone was getting something free other than them. And if they are able to be at the daycare enough to see this bus there all these times, I am wondering how would they be holding a job, I am at my job 8 hours with a 30 minute lunch. I know of NO one that hold a full-time job that would be able to see all of this.
So true! She probably parked her car to spy on the bus driver, after she bought donuts and a coffee on her food stamp card.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
A to Z of Song Titles Posted (Dec '13) 25 min Cutie 1,212
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 29 min Cutie 23,977
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 30 min 300 to 600 Range 26,054
Word Association (Aug '11) 58 min MUSICK-NESS 6,320
song title game, anyone? (Oct '08) 1 hr MUSICK-NESS 23,354
Krystal Carter 5 hr haaa 1
Five_Star music,2face Record Lable 2015/16 Regf... 6 hr Paul 1
First Lady 13 hr Ronald was a poser 8
News Hurley inaugurated as 20th UPike president (Oct '13) 15 hr eddie 7
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]