Pikeville Commons Joke
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Secret Shopping

Shelbiana, KY

#1 Sep 2, 2013
Has anyone else questioned why the Commissioners/Puppets cannot tell us any of the New Stores but say that the Leases have been signed and it is a "done deal".

Is it a Quality of Life Issue Jill?
What A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#2 Sep 13, 2013
Secret Shopping wrote:
Has anyone else questioned why the Commissioners/Puppets cannot tell us any of the New Stores but say that the Leases have been signed and it is a "done deal".
Is it a Quality of Life Issue Jill?
Will you have to be blindfolded to shop there.?
Emperor Has No Clothes

Shelbiana, KY

#4 Sep 14, 2013
The Secret Stores will sell the Emperor/Mayor some clothes.
Another Crock Of Sh

Shelbiana, KY

#5 Sep 17, 2013
When do the Secret Stores open?

April Fools' Day.
Insertname

Lebanon, KY

#6 Sep 17, 2013
The groundbreaking is the 23rd and supposed to announce stores then
Hobbs Dime Stores

Shelbiana, KY

#7 Sep 17, 2013
Insertname wrote:
The groundbreaking is the 23rd and supposed to announce stores then
Will they have a Montgomery Ward's?
hodgepodge

Pikeville, KY

#8 Sep 17, 2013
what will happen is this... all the stores currently in coal run will move to the new location, thus not really being of a beefit for anyone exept the city of pikeville tax dept.

of course there will be an app wireless store,as if we need yet another one.

if we cant get the stores that people go to lexington and huntington to shop, then whats the point? hollister, american eagle, abercrombie, aeropostale, perhaps even an old navy. those are the type of stores that would do good here. hell, even open up an ihop, chilis, and an olive garden. bring in the stuff that people leave here for. if you dont, its wasted money as people will still travel or go online to get the things we can never buy locally here.

oh yes, they will have apartments no one can afford to rent. did anyone check out those prices a few months ago? wow!
Fox News Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#9 Sep 18, 2013
hodgepodge wrote:
what will happen is this... all the stores currently in coal run will move to the new location, thus not really being of a beefit for anyone exept the city of pikeville tax dept.
of course there will be an app wireless store,as if we need yet another one.
if we cant get the stores that people go to lexington and huntington to shop, then whats the point? hollister, american eagle, abercrombie, aeropostale, perhaps even an old navy. those are the type of stores that would do good here. hell, even open up an ihop, chilis, and an olive garden. bring in the stuff that people leave here for. if you dont, its wasted money as people will still travel or go online to get the things we can never buy locally here.
oh yes, they will have apartments no one can afford to rent. did anyone check out those prices a few months ago? wow!
It is Donnie B blabbering BS.
Ronald

Harold, KY

#10 Sep 18, 2013
I hope they put a McDonalds in there!!!
A Crock Of Sh

Shelbiana, KY

#11 Sep 18, 2013
Ronald wrote:
I hope they put a McDonalds in there!!!
What about Dorsies?
LMAO

Winchester, KY

#12 Sep 18, 2013
If you think Abercrombie, hollister, could even possibly step outside a mall, then it doesn't matter idiot! Those stores are bound in their franchise to be in a mall period. Old Navy is a strip mall store. Hobby Lobby, Pet Smart, Target, Michaels, etc. these are all strip mall stores that can be outside. American Eagle requires population of 500k+ to be in an outdoor store.

Here is what's gonna happen......people are gonna bitch and complain when Pikeville don't get Abercrombie and Red Lobster because they are too stupid to realize you can't get those stores, NO MATTER WHAT,........ so instead of saying here is 400 jobs to the community, great news for the future because McCoy Elkhorn just laid off that many people and maybe some of the coal miners wives might can work here to make ends meet till their husband gets called back....people are so ungrateful and have such self entitlement it makes me sick and no wonder why this county suffers like it does!

Sick of politics!!! I live in Coal Run and all I have to say is GO PIKEVILLE! I will shop there for sure!! Coal Run and Pike County can just get over it and quit trying to hold up progress! Move another mountain and I will support what you are trying to do for this area. Wake up to those outside of Pikeville and pitch in to help! Quit trying to be something you are not and help!
What A Joke

United States

#13 Sep 19, 2013
LMAO wrote:
If you think Abercrombie, hollister, could even possibly step outside a mall, then it doesn't matter idiot! Those stores are bound in their franchise to be in a mall period. Old Navy is a strip mall store. Hobby Lobby, Pet Smart, Target, Michaels, etc. these are all strip mall stores that can be outside. American Eagle requires population of 500k+ to be in an outdoor store.
Here is what's gonna happen......people are gonna bitch and complain when Pikeville don't get Abercrombie and Red Lobster because they are too stupid to realize you can't get those stores, NO MATTER WHAT,........ so instead of saying here is 400 jobs to the community, great news for the future because McCoy Elkhorn just laid off that many people and maybe some of the coal miners wives might can work here to make ends meet till their husband gets called back....people are so ungrateful and have such self entitlement it makes me sick and no wonder why this county suffers like it does!
Sick of politics!!! I live in Coal Run and all I have to say is GO PIKEVILLE! I will shop there for sure!! Coal Run and Pike County can just get over it and quit trying to hold up progress! Move another mountain and I will support what you are trying to do for this area. Wake up to those outside of Pikeville and pitch in to help! Quit trying to be something you are not and help!
So you are so stupid like Donnie B you think a Minimum Wage job replaces a Mining Job.

Doofus.
shes ritee

Pikeville, KY

#14 Sep 20, 2013
What A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>So you are so stupid like Donnie B you think a Minimum Wage job replaces a Mining Job.
Doofus.
No man u r the idiot! She said the jobs will help the wives make ends meet while the miners are off......she didn't say these jobs would replace a mining job.
Insertname

Lebanon, KY

#15 Sep 21, 2013
When the stores are announced Monday what will everyone complain about then?..pikeville may have it's problems ,but be happy there is new things coming .pikeville could be like south Williamson with it's "mall" with nothing new ever coming
You Are Wrong

United States

#16 Sep 21, 2013
shes ritee wrote:
<quoted text>
No man u r the idiot! She said the jobs will help the wives make ends meet while the miners are off......she didn't say these jobs would replace a mining job.
Donnie said that Doofus.
You Are Wrong

United States

#17 Sep 21, 2013
Insertname wrote:
When the stores are announced Monday what will everyone complain about then?..pikeville may have it's problems ,but be happy there is new things coming .pikeville could be like south Williamson with it's "mall" with nothing new ever coming
Why are they secret Donnie suck?
Donnie Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#18 Sep 24, 2013
So the Stores have been announced and it is a huge Joke.
Daddy WarBucks

Lebanon, KY

#19 Sep 24, 2013
Would have been good idea, early 70's through last year, when we had an economy to support it. Timing is terrible, putting in a mini-mall just as all the mines are shutting down.

It is going to be all save a lot, dollar store and payless shoes, walmart and the dollar tree. People ain't going to have enough money around here to pay attention much less support this high end retail mall.
Not A Puppet

Macon, GA

#20 Sep 25, 2013
Daddy WarBucks wrote:
Would have been good idea, early 70's through last year, when we had an economy to support it. Timing is terrible, putting in a mini-mall just as all the mines are shutting down.
It is going to be all save a lot, dollar store and payless shoes, walmart and the dollar tree. People ain't going to have enough money around here to pay attention much less support this high end retail mall.
The little billionaire will be able to shop there. But then again he has the option of having his plane that he keeps in Mount Sterling to pick him up and fly him to Williamson as they have a legit Mall. And as usual he will not buy fuel from our local airport. So much for supporting local.
Insertname

Richmond, KY

#21 Sep 25, 2013
Not A Puppet wrote:
<quoted text>
The little billionaire will be able to shop there. But then again he has the option of having his plane that he keeps in Mount Sterling to pick him up and fly him to Williamson as they have a legit Mall. And as usual he will not buy fuel from our local airport. So much for supporting local.
have u been to the south Williamson "mall" I'm guessing no sense u called it a legit mall ..it is a huge joke with 10 random stores that don't belong in a mall ..pikeville commons no matter how bad is already better than that mall

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Failed Eclipse, Once Again Pike County Looks St... 2 min Weather Man 3
ANE Mum on Senator Ray Jones 4 min Senate watcher 53
monk sanders (Mar '16) 8 min Phelps Mayor 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min CCzar 166,405
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 23 min Kyboy 5,392
Pikeville casino 25 min no one 5
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 30 min Kyboy 37,545
Eclipse 2017 5 hr Tattler 4

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages