Armstrong to lead state association

Feb 14, 2014 Read more: Independent 14

The Kentucky School Boards Association has hired Lawrence County School Superintendent Mike Armstrong as its executive director.

Read more
Soo

Vandergrift, PA

#1 Feb 23, 2014
LA TE DA!!!
rub it in

United States

#2 Feb 23, 2014
Toni StrongArm
Jeff

Richmond, KY

#4 Feb 23, 2014
KEA recommended him! Hello!
Lady Dawg

Richmond, KY

#6 Mar 3, 2014
My husband and I took our daughter and sone to Frankfort to the Civic center for an event and on our way home we had dinner at Longwolf Steakhouse before we left Frankfort. Brad noticed that Mr. Armstrong, Tim southern, sen Jones and another guy were having dinner. My question is how can we find out if the Lawrence County Taxpayers were paying for this. They had a copy of blueprints that seamed to be the topic! I've had enough of us paying for his PHD and then leaving!!!!!!!
I know how

Staffordsville, KY

#7 Mar 4, 2014
Lady Dawg wrote:
My husband and I took our daughter and sone to Frankfort to the Civic center for an event and on our way home we had dinner at Longwolf Steakhouse before we left Frankfort. Brad noticed that Mr. Armstrong, Tim southern, sen Jones and another guy were having dinner. My question is how can we find out if the Lawrence County Taxpayers were paying for this. They had a copy of blueprints that seamed to be the topic! I've had enough of us paying for his PHD and then leaving!!!!!!!
What was the date? You simply write out a request for his expense account to cover that time frame, take it to the central office, wait 4 business days, pick it up, and pay 10 cents@page, and you have your info.
sam

Winchester, KY

#8 Mar 4, 2014
dont talk about it just go do it ,that way you have proof and they cant deny it.
Southern and Armstrong

Duluth, GA

#9 Mar 6, 2014
Lady Dawg wrote:
Southern and Armstrong go way back. Does anyone know the connection? Did they go to school together? Was he best man at his wedding? Don't get it. Southern sure hasn't helped the classified in Lawrence County school system. Hope he doesn't come sneaking around when it comes time to choose the next superintendent. Time for an audit and an investigation? We think so.
Whistleblowers

Duluth, GA

#10 Mar 6, 2014
Southern and Armstrong wrote:
<quoted text> Southern and Armstrong go way back. Does anyone know the connection? Did they go to school together? Was he best man at his wedding? Don't get it. Southern sure hasn't helped the classified in Lawrence County school system. Hope he doesn't come sneaking around when it comes time to choose the next superintendent. Time for an audit and an investigation? We think so.
Some people just have good friends in low places. Wink
To all lawrence countians

Duluth, GA

#11 Mar 6, 2014
Lady Dawg wrote:
ask for the credit card receipts. Transparency is important. I'm sure Mikie and Timmy would love for you to check this out. In your face lawrence countians. I wish Timmy and Mikie well in all their endeavors. I'm sure they will benefit no one but them. and maybe a few board members.
Cassandra

Duluth, GA

#12 Mar 6, 2014
To all lawrence countians wrote:
<quoted text> ask for the credit card receipts. Transparency is important. I'm sure Mikie and Timmy would love for you to check this out. In your face lawrence countians. I wish Timmy and Mikie well in all their endeavors. I'm sure they will benefit no one but them. and maybe a few board members.
It's called open records request. It is the law they have 3 days to give it to you. Also you may need to request last months records and this months receipts. Now if the sighting just took place you may want to wait and ask again next month. Good luck the people of lawrence county needs more people like you.
Pink slips

United States

#13 Mar 6, 2014
I don't believe there will be to many pink slips this time around would not be good politically for those who think they are the front runners. The people in charge are not very popular. It may have something to do with the lack of trust.
Southern screwed us over

Louisa, KY

#14 Mar 7, 2014
Southern and Armstrong wrote:
<quoted text> Southern and Armstrong go way back. Does anyone know the connection? Did they go to school together? Was he best man at his wedding? Don't get it. Southern sure hasn't helped the classified in Lawrence County school system. Hope he doesn't come sneaking around when it comes time to choose the next superintendent. Time for an audit and an investigation? We think so.
You are right go back and look at the record he took away benefits from the classified when Armstrong got in there. Does that seem strange to all you classified folks out there? Scandalous.
check the facts

United States

#15 Mar 7, 2014
when it comes to Timmy Boy-is anyone surprised . how do u think he got his job anyway. police chief under Mike huh maybe. He has never held the teachers interest at heart, and how can we be fooled so badly. We deserve a better rep. In my opinion Mike will find a place for Tim in the KSBA. If you see Tim's lips moving-He's lying, we need to wake up and investigate
Bus driver

Louisa, KY

#17 Apr 5, 2014
Didn't remove him at all. He transferred to Prestonsburgh back in Nov. When he knew Mike had the job he gave up Lawrence and now goes from Boyd county to Montgomery county. He now takes care of both certified and classified. He didn't give away nothing! One week before contract expired his esp president and Vice President didn't want to go through bargaining again. He doesn't sign the contract but our officers do.they decided they didn't want too because he wanted to add the teachers to our contract.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 15 min I was 26,037
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 54 min curtjester1 135,599
Word Association (Aug '11) 1 hr Musikologist 6,315
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 1 hr Musikologist 23,961
Smile (Apr '14) 2 hr Arch1 265
News Hurley inaugurated as 20th UPike president (Oct '13) 3 hr Failure 4
does anybody think jordan nichols' book is any ... (Sep '09) 8 hr kait94 9
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]