Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,721

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story

“April 27, 10 Year anniversary ”

Since: May 12

All Over This Land

#97972 Sep 6, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're so right ....we "ain't seen sufferin yet". Please don't take my word for it. Just simply read about it yourself. You're right, I don't KNOW but I do know what the Bible says and if you don't believe the Bible, I have no objection to that either. I'm older than you and, like you, I realize that in the whole scheme of things a hundred years or so isn't really long. Looking back over my life I realize how short "60" years really is. Wow! Seems only yesterday I was asking Mom for the big box of crayons for my school supplies! Lol.
Anne,

I had the great privilege of taking MY GRANDSON, now 5 years old, to several stores ( Including Toys R Us) for school supplies. Two typed pages! The school specified (4) boxes of 24 Crayola Brand crayons so we got those but also the big (64) crayon box with the built in sharpener on the back! Ya' gotta' have a sharpener!

I don't know who enjoyed Toys R Us more, me or him. I showed him a $100 dollar bill and he knew what it was. And I explained "taxes" to him, that those helped to pay policemen and sometimes, teachers. He had singles and combo's picked from aisle to aisle. He finally settled on a BIG R/C Ford F150 and a smaller "spider car".

Also got to go the next morning with my son and his wife to take Grayson to his first day of Kindergarten. Wouldn't have missed that for the world. I am a big, rough and tumble guy, but I think I had as many tears in my eyes as his Mom & Dad. I never would have believed I could be so silly over a "grandchild". My wife was the same way. At 61, I am blessed that my Mom & Dad are still alive and healthy and they must have spent 5 minutes over each picture that we took. What a great memory to have stored.
just observing

Winchester, KY

#97973 Sep 6, 2014
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Anne,

I had the great privilege of taking MY GRANDSON, now 5 years old, to several stores ( Including Toys R Us) for school supplies. Two typed pages! The school specified (4) boxes of 24 Crayola Brand crayons so we got those but also the big (64) crayon box with the built in sharpener on the back! Ya' gotta' have a sharpener!

I don't know who enjoyed Toys R Us more, me or him. I showed him a $100 dollar bill and he knew what it was. And I explained "taxes" to him, that those helped to pay policemen and sometimes, teachers. He had singles and combo's picked from aisle to aisle. He finally settled on a BIG R/C Ford F150 and a smaller "spider car".

Also got to go the next morning with my son and his wife to take Grayson to his first day of Kindergarten. Wouldn't have missed that for the world. I am a big, rough and tumble guy, but I think I had as many tears in my eyes as his Mom & Dad. I never would have believed I could be so silly over a "grandchild". My wife was the same way. At 61, I am blessed that my Mom & Dad are still alive and healthy and they must have spent 5 minutes over each picture that we took. What a great memory to have stored.
Grand kids make us young again!
I've been meaning to tell you I found Apple Cider Vinegar pills
All the health and diabetic good- no choking down the liquid.

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

#97974 Sep 7, 2014
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>Anne,

Sounds like you had a lot of fun at Toys R Us! That school supply list can be long but I don't think we've ever had two typed pages and ours hasn't ever been brand specific, thank goodness ! My g'kids are 6th and 7th this year so no crayons for them. A stylus, screen cleaners, "germ x" hand cleaner. These things were never on my school supply list. Just crayons and paper and paste. Lol. But the backpacks are less bulky with the iPad instead of actual books. "Sigh" Makes my bookcases totally obsolete.
Now, that R/C truck... On my Christmas wish list is a R/C bird!! We just attended the Airhogs fly in and one of the guys was playing with a R/C bird. Loved it..(Can't say they will ever replace all those dead birds at Paducah though, lol). And get this, they used a drone with a camera to take pics of the crowd and the fireworks!

Location hidden

#97975 Sep 7, 2014
just observing wrote:
<quoted text>Grand kids make us young again!
Heeheehee... They sure keep us busy! And that, in turn, keeps us young-- or wears us out! I do quite a bit of traveling with my two oldest. One summer we "explored" several caves in our area. Then we've hit the amusement parks. This summer we seemed to travel to the doctors office at least once a day and sometimes 2 or 3 times. No fun there. Poison Ivy, physical therapy, dentist, orthodontist, sinus infections, chiropractor, 3 emergency rooms .. And more. tough summer but we all survived.
I'm going to check out those apple cider vinegar pills. A couple times in the past I tried to start taking the apple cider vinegar but a dose or two is all I could handle.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#97978 Sep 8, 2014
just observing wrote:
<quoted text>
.......... and where / what is your source? I finally found the vinegar (with Mother) a good while back, mixed it with several different things, drank it on down but ..........no change. I may just may try the pill,........well..!! Loretta Lynn did! LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97979 Sep 8, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
<quoted text>
AW.. That punching in extra holes... Love it!! That's the sort of thing I would do also! "Do not fold, staple or mutilate" yep. That too.
Yes, the end is very near. Just about every prophesy in Revelations has been fulfilled. Doesn't the Bible also say that in the last days people will be crying out for Jesus to return to get his people out of this evil world ? The pressure of all the evil will be so great...
The end as we know it might be near the end, but in the long term it is only the beginning of ever lasting life. I do not particularly worry about Revelations or even Nostramus, but rely on John 3:16
George

Indianapolis, IN

#97980 Sep 8, 2014
I like birds and birds like me.

Location hidden

#97981 Sep 9, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
<quoted text>.......... and where / what is your source? I finally found the vinegar (with Mother) a good while back, mixed it with several different things, drank it on down but ..........no change. I may just may try the pill,........well..!! Loretta Lynn did! LOL
Lol!! Mississippi man's goin' on the pill.
Heeheehee

Location hidden

#97982 Sep 9, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>The end as we know it might be near the end, but in the long term it is only the beginning of ever lasting life. I do not particularly worry about Revelations or even Nostramus, but rely on John 3:16
Yeah. That and Acts 2:38

Good morning !! Wonderful weather around and about!
disgust

Hopkinsville, KY

#97984 Sep 10, 2014
There are certain things in the world that are not explained. That's OK. Why rant about something we have no control over? Better use of time would be expedient here. Be prepared and stock up food and supplies great but be quiet and diligent about it rather that gossip and talk. In any event we have no control over it so let it go
yea

London, KY

#97987 Sep 10, 2014
I don't want to be mad any more
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97988 Sep 10, 2014
Tollesboro Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
Granny,
If you Google HAARP conspiracy theories it will help you learn "fact" from "fiction". It can't do half the things it is given credit for.
with so many ads, this is the last post I can see although I know there are more because they list in the index. Pitiful, not hardly worth the effort to try to see this thread.
Anonymous

Evansville, IN

#97989 Sep 10, 2014
What happened to all the birds?
meankitty

Oak Grove, KY

#97990 Sep 10, 2014
Whatever wrote:
Where did you see that birds were found dead in western Kentucky? I'm not finding that story anywhere.
I can tell you where in Caldwell co. I just moved into a brand new home in a nice neighborhood no meth or anything being made here . within the first 2 days 20 something birds dropped dead in front of my house. now there could have a loose wire on the ele. pole but I never saw the eletrice man climb any poles near here within a 3 week period. saw u can draw your own conclusions to this I just let it go and said a few extra prayers .
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97992 Sep 10, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you had a lot of fun at Toys R Us! That school supply list can be long but I don't think we've ever had two typed pages and ours hasn't ever been brand specific, thank goodness ! My g'kids are 6th and 7th this year so no crayons for them. A stylus, screen cleaners, "germ x" hand cleaner. These things were never on my school supply list. Just crayons and paper and paste. Lol. But the backpacks are less bulky with the iPad instead of actual books. "Sigh" Makes my bookcases totally obsolete.
Now, that R/C truck... On my Christmas wish list is a R/C bird!! We just attended the Airhogs fly in and one of the guys was playing with a R/C bird. Loved it..(Can't say they will ever replace all those dead birds at Paducah though, lol). And get this, they used a drone with a camera to take pics of the crowd and the fireworks!
My grandson is about 6 feet tall and 240 pounds and his "toys" include a 9mm Berretta, a Walkie-Talkie, and a night stick. Granddaughter has only one toy that is just a few months old. LOL

Speaking of obsolete, I suppose Google has replaced all those grocery store encyclopedias where you could buy the latest addtion each week for a quarter until you got a full set. And Oh the things you could order with completed booklets of S&H Green stamps and a box of detergent came with a dish included and you could get an orange or green coffee cup with a fill up of gasoline and the attendant actually pumped the gas and cleaned your windshield !!

Location hidden

#97993 Sep 11, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>My grandson is about 6 feet tall and 240 pounds and his "toys" include a 9mm Berretta, a Walkie-Talkie, and a night stick. Granddaughter has only one toy that is just a few months old. LOL

Speaking of obsolete, I suppose Google has replaced all those grocery store encyclopedias where you could buy the latest addtion each week for a quarter until you got a full set. And Oh the things you could order with completed booklets of S&H Green stamps and a box of detergent came with a dish included and you could get an orange or green coffee cup with a fill up of gasoline and the attendant actually pumped the gas and cleaned your windshield !!
S&H green stamps!! As a kid my job was to paste the stamps into the books! Oh mom used to get the nicest things! An electric blanket, a malt mixer, electric razors! I saved them also and we turned them in right before S&H closed the store . When better half and i married many years ago, his mother gave me dozens of forks, knives and spoons she'd gotten out of detergent boxes! We used them for many years! Still have them stored somewhere !
My 5 month grandson has indicated he'd love an iPhone! He's always grabbing at ours! Hmmmm, Christmas gift idea?? Lol . He thinks the world is his oyster and what's mine is his... Lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#97995 Sep 12, 2014
I really do not need to continue seeing that woman golfer in the blue cap advertising the laser spine institute that takes up my entire screen overlaying the topix comments and I don't need any waterproofing or home security either. LOL
hum

London, KY

#97999 Sep 13, 2014
busy day bird lovas

Since: Jul 12

Houston, TX

#98008 Sep 15, 2014
Three men were sitting on a park bench. The one in the middle was reading a newspaper, and the others were pretending to fish. They baited imaginary hooks, cast imaginary lines, and reeled in their imaginary catch.

A passing policeman stopped to watch the spectacle and asked the man in the middle if he knew the other two.

Oh yes he said.Theyre my friends!

In that case, warned the officer,Youd better get those two out of here!

Yes, sir, the man replied, and he immediately began rowing furiously.

Location hidden

#98010 Sep 15, 2014
BIG_STEVIE wrote:
Three men were sitting on a park bench. The one in the middle was reading a newspaper, and the others were pretending to fish. They baited imaginary hooks, cast imaginary lines, and reeled in their imaginary catch.

A passing policeman stopped to watch the spectacle and asked the man in the middle if he knew the other two.

“Oh yes” he said.“They‘re my friends!”

“In that case,” warned the officer,“You’d better get those two out of here!”

“Yes, sir,” the man replied, and he immediately began rowing furiously.
Lol, Big Stevie! Cute, real cute

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
cuba for all 22 min old dude 17
Sheriff Charles Fuzzy Keesee 1 hr AEP rookery 36
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr Chuck 20,181
Robert Marble RIP 1 hr Wondering 5
OMG Kentcky Power ro raise rates 12 % 1 hr Chuck 40
is this the keith cruise 3 hr i guess 2
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr Historicallyspeaking 131,870
Have any coal miner's heard from Mitch McConnell? 8 hr muletrain 118
Is ISIS In America Imminent? 13 hr Rusty Webb 43
Pikeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pikeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pikeville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News