Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81703 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

What

Martin, KY

#96653 Mar 27, 2014
Good morning bird lovas
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96659 Mar 28, 2014
It's in my mind that I did tell ya all about this but, as usual,......I can't remember just 'zactly! But several nights past, a coon ate, chewed and gnawed his way out of my live trap that I made several years ago. Today (Thur.) was an odd day for sure, started out with the sun just a shine'n then it clouded over and it commenced to raining something fierce. Thought I'd better build another Ark but I didn't hear Him telling me to so, instead I worked on fixing the mangled trap. Just about got it done but gave out and just took a nap. Good day for it. Tomorrow's supposed to do the same but look'n at the 10 day forecast, it's mostly sunny and around 70*. Well, like the "Ancient One" and his wirey schedule, guess it's time to hit the sack,....since I'm laying on it anyway!(1:58 A.M.)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96663 Mar 28, 2014
Here is a not so happy thought, but sort of in a way ..... it is just a few more days to mark the 40th anniversary of 27 kentucky people losing their lives in the April 3, 1974 tornado and the good part was that I only had $1940 in damages while the houses on both sides of mine were completely demolished. GOD has been blessing me for a long time and it makes some of this Topix negativity seem most trivial and easily ignored.
Lol

Martin, KY

#96669 Mar 28, 2014
Blah blah. What ever.
Anne52

United States

#96674 Mar 28, 2014
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Here is a not so happy thought, but sort of in a way ..... it is just a few more days to mark the 40th anniversary of 27 kentucky people losing their lives in the April 3, 1974 tornado and the good part was that I only had $1940 in damages while the houses on both sides of mine were completely demolished. GOD has been blessing me for a long time and it makes some of this Topix negativity seem most trivial and easily ignored.
God is good . The 1974 tornado? I remember that one. Dad picked up stuff in his fields that was blown in. Found lots of letters and that sort of stuff. The most recent tornado here was just a couple years ago and hit a local highschool . People from all over the US came in to help--large busses of people. In spite of the tragedy God did bless the community in many ways
Anne52

United States

#96675 Mar 28, 2014
@MM. You are a man with vengeance on your mind! I know you've got that shotgun at the ready . Lol. Doing a little traveling today. Slow is the word. 10mph on I 65. Have a great day!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96679 Mar 28, 2014
@OJG... Not seen Abeliever on here in a long time.
Anne52

Versailles, IN

#96680 Mar 28, 2014
OhioJeepGirl wrote:
Hello All. Just wanted to stop in and pass out some (((hugs))). Did ABeliever ever stop back in and say "Hi"?
LOL - I see the trolls never give up. They sure are persistent little buggers.

I cannot wait for the cold weather to quit! 70 one day and 15 the next. What is going on with this whacky weather? I would imagine that the extreme changes will kill off a bunch of insect. To lose a bunch of mosquitos is fine, but the bees would be a shame.

Hope everyone has a beautiful day. Hugs and prayers, OJG
Hello!! Beautiful day here!! Hope and prayer for you! Yeah, the trolls have decided to "help" run the posting numbers up on the thread. Lol. A blessing in disguise I guess. Haha Sure would like for you to stop by a lot more often!!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96684 Mar 29, 2014
Well,.......I picked up where I left off yesterday on repairing the live trap. Did a little redesigning on it and that trap door closes like light'ning! Underneath the new wood that covers his "escape hole", I drove 19, 1 5/8" black, sharp pointed screws around the edge. Let's see if he can chew them up - like the squirrel did that aluminum! It's sort of a teaser trying to outwit nature's varmits. The Belle just shakes her head sometimes but I have no use for the boob-tube, except for a good, authentic western, and they are far and in between.

Our boy's birthday was Friday last so we went over Sunday afternoon, more to see the little ones than his b'day. lol. But I can appreciate what ya all are saying about g'kids. Wish I had their energy! Love 'em!

@ Anne.......hey, it's none of my business but may I ask about all this "traveling" and the "better half." You've probably explained before I came on here but I was just curious. Is this career oriented? Feel free to tell me to mind my own affairs. Hope everyone in that direction has a great week-end but looking at the weather map, this horrorendous lightning, thunder and rain here is heading your way. Man, Washington state is really going thru a MESS.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

#96691 Mar 29, 2014
Spring will be here tomorrow, for today so much to do, antiques shopping for the old glass windows, the children decorate them, plus need to get the Easter stuff outside and need to make a wreathe out of burlap. Sun is shining and the birds are chirping! Have a great sunny day!
Anne52

United States

#96700 Mar 29, 2014
--and , AW, I'm sure you noticed I put nothing down for me.. Lol. Yesterday around bowling green on I65 there was a car headed north with a red UofL flag and red paint on one side and a blue UK flag and paint on the other. They called themselves "car divided". Lol. Like you, my money supports neither. Lol. There's a lot of elementary educators running around here today and I wish I had the time to browse through their booths . Homeschooling booths abound. That's something I wish I had been able to do for my kids.
Oh, well, maybe in my next life.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96703 Mar 30, 2014
After a long day, I fell asleep with the tv going and just now woke up with Rommel and Montgomery going at it near El Alamein in North Africa.

It was WW2 all over again in my bedroom.... Big Bertha was rocking my bed... the Howitzers.... not the woman... LOL
hello

Ocala, FL

#96709 Mar 30, 2014
Well I am sad too report that my grandbabies got on the plane today. I will miss them dearly. Now I need to have productive days to get caught up on the cleaning and yard work. I have a little flower garden I need to tend to and take pictures to share with the grandchildren as they helped makes this colorful garden. We had a great time but I am thankful for the time now to rest. Weather is going to be in the 80's this coming week so I will enjoy that!

@Mississippi Man how is that toe of yours doing? Much better I hope!

Bless all of you and have a wonderful week!
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96710 Mar 30, 2014
hello wrote:
@Mississippi Man how is that toe of yours doing? Much better I hope!
First,.....thank you so much for asking. It is a lot better, still soaking it every night in Epsom Salts and changing the bandage. Will see the Doc Tues. week. But I'm out and about and doing as I want to pretty well. I'm sure ya all have been plagued with them as well and it is nothing short of amazing how something that little can hurt so BAD when they cut,......but they sure are FAST, I mean. Wow.......they gotta be.!.LOL.

You have probably said but where in Florida do you live? I've been only to Fort Walton Beach so I don't know much about your state at all. You got any 'gators or those big "wrap-around-breed of snakes near you?
Anne52

United States

#96718 Mar 31, 2014
What a day!! Judging from
The silence on here I'm guessing absolutely everyone had a busy day! This weather is just too good and it feels wonderful to be outside! The neighbor guys put the barn quilt on the barn this evening and I do believe it looks good!! They seemed to like it and that's a good thing because it faces their property! Lol!! Grand kids are back in school after a great week at their dads. It's good to have them back though!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96720 Apr 1, 2014
Anne52 wrote:
What a day!! Judging from
The silence on here I'm guessing absolutely everyone had a busy day! This weather is just too good and it feels wonderful to be outside! The neighbor guys put the barn quilt on the barn this evening and I do believe it looks good!! They seemed to like it and that's a good thing because it faces their property! Lol!! Grand kids are back in school after a great week at their dads. It's good to have them back though!!
The silence in here is because the fruitcakes are also busy digging post holes LOL

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#96722 Apr 1, 2014
Hi, I am new to this thread- I am from "up north" originally but have lived in East TN/SE KY area for around 18 years.

My life is far from dull but no one would believe me if I told you why. Haha.

I am looking forward to opening up this freezing cold building for the Big Warm Up. My bones have been too cold for too long.
Anne52

United States

#96724 Apr 1, 2014
UghWhoIsItThen wrote:
Hi, I am new to this thread- I am from "up north" originally but have lived in East TN/SE KY area for around 18 years.

My life is far from dull but no one would believe me if I told you why. Haha.

I am looking forward to opening up this freezing cold building for the Big Warm Up. My bones have been too cold for too long.
Hello, it's been rather silent around here lately, but the core group is a nice bunch of friendly people. To join in just be congenial... So, you've got my interest with your "life is far from dull" etc. lol. Anyway, hope you have a great night !
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#96725 Apr 1, 2014
@ Anne........Say, have you been ignoring the last portion of my post #96684? Just try'n again. And you can still tell me to..........
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#96726 Apr 1, 2014
Mississippi Man wrote:
@ Anne........Say, have you been ignoring the last portion of my post #96684? Just try'n again. And you can still tell me to..........
Not Anne, but that post got deleted from my screen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
If this is ur wife's number 12 min Feliz navidad 8
PMC interview 18 min Been there done that 2
Gattis Family Fun and Booze 22 min Chandler 4
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 23 min Investor 35,939
What's the hold up with Golden Corral? 25 min BIG Brain 78
Ray Jones nervousssss 37 min Random White Guy 6
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr usa 159,387
White Supremacist Rally 10 hr White Trash Rally 118

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages