Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81695 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Imposter

London, KY

#94342 Nov 27, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm on the other side of Lexington. It's sunny with a nice blanket of snow . Beautiful.
What are you doing for Thanksgiving Nanny? Want to come eat with me? I have a spare bedroom....with a fireplace... and a door adjacent to mine. ;)
Imposter

London, KY

#94343 Nov 27, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Imposter.. I am sure you know that a 22 short does not pack much punch, but a Long Rifle or Hollow Point will do plenty of damage. My revolver is a long barrel Western Style Harrison-Richardson. I was watching Hoss Cartwright take his gun belt off the hall tree and decided to hang mine on a wooden peg drilled into the old barn lumber wall next to my recliner. LOL
My 7.62 by 39 is a light weight Egyptian clone of the imfamous Russian version. The 20 guage is a bolt action with a poly-choke. I can raise quite a bit of H E double toothpicks with any one of them. LOL And I would rather be tried by a jury of 12 than packed away by 6 necktie wearers.
German Shepherd went out to the tree and decided to stay and investigate for varmits of either 2 or 4 legs, and found none. I really would not want to be a stranger walking up to my door. For some reason, even the Jehovah Witness people have lost faith and don't come around anymore. hehehe
No a .22 short dont travel very fast but a distant relative of mine was killed by six rounds from a .22 short, one of those old 25 buck Saturday night special pistols, it was before my time but I've been told he was in a tussle over a woman, won the fistfight but the other guy went to his car and got a little snub nose .22 short and emptied it into him. He died about six days later.
I took a .22 lr in my left shoulder many many years ago, they dug it out but the wound still huts when its cold, like it is now.
Imposter

London, KY

#94344 Nov 27, 2013
Eh, that's just life on copperhead road I guess.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#94345 Nov 27, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>What are you doing for Thanksgiving Nanny? Want to come eat with me? I have a spare bedroom....with a fireplace... and a door adjacent to mine. ;)
How wonderfully convenient. I hear you sleepwalk?
Imposter

London, KY

#94346 Nov 27, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
How wonderfully convenient. I hear you sleepwalk?
Not as much as I use to. All kidding aside, you're surely welcome to come! All I ask is that you leave one shoe here to remember you by pretty girl.
Imposter

London, KY

#94347 Nov 27, 2013
Wolf my first car was a big old '57 Chrisler 300c, you remember them I bet, with the big fins? Hank blaring through those worn out speakers driving way too fast on a gravel road, I lost her down a 40ft bank. The carcass is still there to this day and so are the scars on my chest from the wreck.. Man I loved that car, she was in near pristine shape when I got her.
What was your first ...horseless carriage Lol?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94348 Nov 27, 2013
My Thanksgiving dinner consists of cooking in 2 dutch ovens today on top of my wood burning stove. One contains pinto beans with country ham bits and some salt pork (that I should not have but what the heck). The other is a meat loaf. I will fry cornbread and make mashed potatoes tomorrow and dog and I will pig out and be Thankful we don't have to eat turkey. I don't care for domestic turkey, but my hunting neighbors up the road about a mile never brought any wild ones so far this year. POOH!!

Location hidden

#94349 Nov 27, 2013
Imposter wrote:
Wolf my first car was a big old '57 Chrisler 300c, you remember them I bet, with the big fins? Hank blaring through those worn out speakers driving way too fast on a gravel road, I lost her down a 40ft bank. The carcass is still there to this day and so are the scars on my chest from the wreck.. Man I loved that car, she was in near pristine shape when I got her.
I always love the way men talk about their favorite car like it was their first live. All sweet, sexy and erotic. Reminds me of that George Jones song, where the guy pulls into the gas station and the old man was describing his first love and the young guy that it was the corvette he wanted not the brunette in the front seat.

Long and lean, every young mans dream
She turned every head in town.
Built for fun, to handle son.
I'm glad that you dropped in, she reminds me of the one I had back then
Qwerty

United States

#94350 Nov 27, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>What are you doing for Thanksgiving Nanny? Want to come eat with me? I have a spare bedroom....with a fireplace... and a door adjacent to mine. ;)
No fair!

I just had monkey bars installed!
Qwerty

United States

#94351 Nov 27, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
My Thanksgiving dinner consists of cooking in 2 dutch ovens today on top of my wood burning stove. One contains pinto beans with country ham bits and some salt pork (that I should not have but what the heck). The other is a meat loaf. I will fry cornbread and make mashed potatoes tomorrow and dog and I will pig out and be Thankful we don't have to eat turkey. I don't care for domestic turkey, but my hunting neighbors up the road about a mile never brought any wild ones so far this year. POOH!!
Pinto beans and ham with some cornbread is one of my winter favorites. Make ya wanna take a nap zzzzzzzzzzzz

Location hidden

#94352 Nov 27, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Not as much as I use to. All kidding aside, you're surely welcome to come! All I ask is that you leave one shoe here to remember you by pretty girl.
I already left on in Kevin's freezer. These things aren't cheap. I need cardboard give-aways.

Location hidden

#94353 Nov 27, 2013
Qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>No fair!

Awful cold for a dress. I guess you should have checked the weather forecast before the horoscope. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94354 Nov 27, 2013
Imposter wrote:
My first was an old Plymouth with the back floor rusted so bad that if we could get any bootleg beer, the excess could be deposited through the floor. LOL

But my 2nd car was the first real passion for an automobile.(besides, Betty and I went to the drive-in movie and to this day; I still don't have a clue as to what was showing except for what was under her blouse. LOL)

It was a late model 1958 Belvedere exactly the same red and white color scheme as the 1958 Fury (they also used a Belvedere) that was in the movie "Christine". AM radio blaring and also an "add-on" for some 8-tracks.

Location hidden

#94355 Nov 27, 2013
whitehair wrote:
<quoted text>Hadn`t heard or thought of this one for years! Just started to sing it and my wife came in to see if it was me! Thanks for the memory!(Bob Hope)
The first song I learned to play was:
"Boil that cabbage down boys, boil that cabbage down..."
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94356 Nov 27, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
The first song I learned to play was:
"Boil that cabbage down boys, boil that cabbage down..."
The first song I learned on a guitar (can't any more due to fingers) was Ernest Tubb's "I'm Moving On". I had my own version of the lyrics:

The old Tomcat was feeling mean, til he caught his tail in the sewing machine.. He's moving on.

The old Hounddog was feeling fine, til we rubbed his butt with turpentine... He's moving on. LOL
Imposter

London, KY

#94357 Nov 27, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>The first song I learned on a guitar (can't any more due to fingers) was Ernest Tubb's "I'm Moving On". I had my own version of the lyrics:
The old Tomcat was feeling mean, til he caught his tail in the sewing machine.. He's moving on.
The old Hounddog was feeling fine, til we rubbed his butt with turpentine... He's moving on. LOL
LOL better that the original.
Imposter

London, KY

#94358 Nov 27, 2013
Qwerty wrote:
<quoted text>
No fair!
Hey bird dog get away from my quail, hey bird dog you're on the wrong trail.
Imposter

London, KY

#94359 Nov 27, 2013
Wheeeue wake up and turn that fan on bro. You'll put the natural gas company out of business.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#94360 Nov 27, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Hey bird dog get away from my quail, hey bird dog you're on the wrong trail.
or "Don't mess with my Toot Toot" lol
Imposter

London, KY

#94361 Nov 27, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
I always love the way men talk about their favorite car like it was their first live. All sweet, sexy and erotic. Reminds me of that George Jones song, where the guy pulls into the gas station and the old man was describing his first love and the young guy that it was the corvette he wanted not the brunette in the front seat.
Long and lean, every young mans dream
She turned every head in town.
Built for fun, to handle son.
I'm glad that you dropped in, she reminds me of the one I had back then
My fave was a candy apple red '69 Plymouth fury 3, I could leave a black streak from one end of town to the other in that thing and then leave the cops looking at tail lights, moving on.
She ran like a dog with his butt dipped in turpentine LOL.

I went by a state trooper going the opposite direction one night,I was doing around 90 when we passed so I floored that old fury, he hit the blue lights and screeched to a stop to turn on me LOL. I was sitting in my driveway with the lights out when he finally passed on the main road, flying towards town. He never had a chance. I flipped that one over about ten times later that year. Lost it on our local dead man's curve. Its a thousand wonders I'm still here Nanny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 10 min Princess Hey 8,099
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 52 min C Young Is who I am 34,124
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 55 min usa 153,768
Jim and Harold Akers (Mar '16) 57 min Owe Money 12
Bowling Green Kentucky Air Service Huge Success 1 hr Truth again 49
UMG Bad Water 1 hr ToilletteWater 17
Pikeville MSHA Office (Jul '15) 2 hr Turnip 95
FBI Pikeville worst town 10 hr Tremain L Winslow 83
Bill Hickman and Eddy Coleman 19 hr Totally Rebutted 56

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages