Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,926)

Showing posts 78,501 - 78,520 of81,185
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jul 12

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
An old man and old woman go to the doctor for a semi-annual exam. The old lady goes in first. After asking several questions the doctor inquires if she has intercourse? She says "Wait I need to go ask Herb".
"Herb, do we have intercourse" ?
"Mabel, I have told you a 1000 times, all we have is MEDICARE".
Good one, A.W.!!! Thank you so much for sharing, and have a wonderful day, my friend!!
whitehair

Shelbyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Good jokes are always appreciated!!!
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Wow. Pretty quiet in here today!! Maybe things will liven up here shortly!!
Spent the better part of the afternoon doing some metal detecting around a spot of a home from the 1800's! Well, I held the goody bag and watched.. But it was pretty intriguing! Lots of square nails, pieces of metal from a wood cook stove, a glob of silver, pottery jar pieces, and a bowl part of an old spoon ( pewter ?). I got to keep the spoils since its my kand. We made a "date" to meet again when the Easter flowers are in full bloom so we can do a more accurate positioning of the house. Hmmm, the lady of the house always had flowers around the edge of the house. I do anyway.
Hope everyone is well.
Imposter

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

OhioJeepGirl wrote:
Iron Maiden is a little rough for me anymore. I do love all kinds of music, but country is usually my favorite. You can play it backwards and get your whole life back, lol, an attribute not found with other genres. I have not been listening to music much over he last few years...hmmm, that is going to have to change!
Did Imposter ever mention what is wrong?
Iron Maiden? Nah, Rage Against The Machine! I'm in great shape physically, considering, still have mental issues though...Lol
I don't have much topix time at all anymore. I haven't seen Sybil around in months, he's probably studying the statistical probabilities of certain disasters or some nonsense.
Its good to see you posting a few bud. Keep on smiling baby, I will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Iron Maiden? Nah, Rage Against The Machine! I'm in great shape physically, considering, still have mental issues though...Lol
I don't have much topix time at all anymore. I haven't seen Sybil around in months, he's probably studying the statistical probabilities of certain disasters or some nonsense.
Its good to see you posting a few bud. Keep on smiling baby, I will.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Hey stranger!
I've missed you
kim

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Oh
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
Wow. Pretty quiet in here today!! Maybe things will liven up here shortly!!
Spent the better part of the afternoon doing some metal detecting around a spot of a home from the 1800's! Well, I held the goody bag and watched.. But it was pretty intriguing! Lots of square nails, pieces of metal from a wood cook stove, a glob of silver, pottery jar pieces, and a bowl part of an old spoon ( pewter ?). I got to keep the spoils since its my kand. We made a "date" to meet again when the Easter flowers are in full bloom so we can do a more accurate positioning of the house. Hmmm, the lady of the house always had flowers around the edge of the house. I do anyway.
Hope everyone is well.
After moving back to the old homestead, I wondered for a year where my grandparents old house had stood? It was about a 1/2 mile up the country road where we would sneak off to visit. The entire acreage had been bulldozed and turned into pasture land. Long gone was the orchard with the June Apple trees and the rotting apples on the ground with the collection of June bugs that we would tie on a string and run around following where they flew, or chase around at night filling up fruit jars with lightning bugs. The barn was missing where the tobacco was hung, the chicken pen, the hog pen, the old cow shed, the outhouse.... all were missing... nothing except for green pastures and a few cattle.

But then spring came and even the bulldozers could not destroy all of grandmother's daffodils that surrounded the house and now I know precisely where the house once stood. Nor could the bulldozers destroy the mental images I have of Grandpa sitting in the front porch swing whittling on a piece of cedar and smoking his pipe filled with his own home grown tobacco, while grandma sat in a straight back chair on the other side of the door breaking beans, shelling peas, or churning the butter from the old cow that Grandpa had just milked. When I drive by, I slow my vehicle to a crawl and look up the hill once again... and they are still up there.

Thank you daffodils for restoring my nostalgic memories. I sometimes am inclined to take my shoes off and run barefoot around the house once again hoping the cousins will show up to play drop the hanky, hide-n-seek, Red Rover, or any other game long forgotten.
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Precious memories, how they linger.......
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
Precious memories, how they linger.......
How they ever flood my soul
In the stillness of the midnight
Precious, sacred scenes unfold.........
Sweet

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
After moving back to the old homestead, I wondered for a year where my grandparents old house had stood? It was about a 1/2 mile up the country road where we would sneak off to visit. The entire acreage had been bulldozed and turned into pasture land. Long gone was the orchard with the June Apple trees and the rotting apples on the ground with the collection of June bugs that we would tie on a string and run around following where they flew, or chase around at night filling up fruit jars with lightning bugs. The barn was missing where the tobacco was hung, the chicken pen, the hog pen, the old cow shed, the outhouse.... all were missing... nothing except for green pastures and a few cattle.
But then spring came and even the bulldozers could not destroy all of grandmother's daffodils that surrounded the house and now I know precisely where the house once stood. Nor could the bulldozers destroy the mental images I have of Grandpa sitting in the front porch swing whittling on a piece of cedar and smoking his pipe filled with his own home grown tobacco, while grandma sat in a straight back chair on the other side of the door breaking beans, shelling peas, or churning the butter from the old cow that Grandpa had just milked. When I drive by, I slow my vehicle to a crawl and look up the hill once again... and they are still up there.
Thank you daffodils for restoring my nostalgic memories. I sometimes am inclined to take my shoes off and run barefoot around the house once again hoping the cousins will show up to play drop the hanky, hide-n-seek, Red Rover, or any other game long forgotten.
oh that is so sweet.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

"Red Rover" was a game played with cousins lining up with 2 opposing teams holding hands about 25 yards apart and making a barricade. A leader of each team would grasp a stick alternating hand holds and playing "one potato,two potato" until there was no more room and the leader with no more room to grasp the stick would be "IT".

The "It" team would then yell "Red Rover, red rover we dare ????? over" and that person would run as hard as they could trying to break the opposing teams hand holds. If they succeeded in breaking the hand hold, they would take one person back to their side with them to join the opposition. If the hold held, then they had to stay where they were captured. Once the opponents were down to just one remainng cousin, that team had lost the game and that one remaining person would have to be "It" for the next round or be in the center of the circle for "drop the hanky" or be the first "seeker" for hide-n-seek, especialy if it was getting close to dusk.

Children were quite inventive back then before television and video games or even electricity to make them operate .
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2013

Judged:

We played those games at school. During our family gatherings we didnt have enough cousins to play anything except hide and seek. The older boy cousins would borrow my bb gun and once they shot the cabbages-still in the garden, mind you-full of bb's. Grandma was rather surprised when she cooked one for supper! We did have a great yard for catching lightning bugs--as we called them. Unfortunately my kids and my nephews were so far apart in age that they missed all that comraderie. When my oldest was 15, the second was 10, one nephew was 5 and the other was a newborn :-(
We do have a family reunion every summer but we are so small in number that we invite the outlaws and inlaws.. Lol. Even My cousins ex- daughter inlaw comes and brings her new family! All the kids love swimming in the farm pond and the older adults sit in the shaded yard and watch. Lol The food? Oh yeah!
Headed out today for an over nite visit with friends in the great state of KY. All you in eastern KY be sure to wave at my grand kids as they head that direction to visit the other side of their family! Leaves should be brilliant and at their best during our travels! Have a wonderful day!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Pretty quiet in here after DC posted his bias toward skinny rodents and got the blackboard erased. LOL
Anne

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Wondered what happened to this place :-(

Good Morning! It's not my choice to be awake at this hour, but the alarm had been set to go off so I was the victim.
. Isn't that rain I hear?--checking out window-- Yep.
Another :-(
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
How come you were the victim? Not raining in these parts at the moment , but Lord knows we could use it .@ Anne make sure you only have your alarm set for days that you need to get up.
Well good folks it's off to the stand I go .
That AW is a fake.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

If you really want to be my clone, you better switch your location to Lexington, Nicholasville, Versailles, or Berea and grow up in the process LOL.
Anne

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

@whom it may concern: The alarm clock is not my own. It belongs to the lovely(?) motel. I always use my phone alarm if I need to get up at a different time than I normally rise to shine.
Anne

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
If you really want to be my clone, you better switch your location to Lexington, Nicholasville, Versailles, or Berea and grow up in the process LOL.
Tell you what, AW, this phone of mine has been bouncing me all over the place!! Mostly it uses United States but, as you can see, this time it's stuck me in some city again. Lol That's okay, I enjoy traveling!!
Anne

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Hmmm... a late breakfast at my favorite mom and pop restaurant!!
Wow! Waitress remembers my special mix of soda(?), pop(?), carbonated cola beverage!! I haven't darkened their doors in a month or longer and havent lived in the area for years so I'm impressed! Perhaps she'll remember my same-o breakfast order! Lol
Small towns

Stanford, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2013

Judged:

Anne wrote:
Hmmm... a late breakfast at my favorite mom and pop restaurant!!
Wow! Waitress remembers my special mix of soda(?), pop(?), carbonated cola beverage!! I haven't darkened their doors in a month or longer and havent lived in the area for years so I'm impressed! Perhaps she'll remember my same-o breakfast order! Lol
One of the best things about small towns

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 78,501 - 78,520 of81,185
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

156 Users are viewing the Pikeville Forum right now

Search the Pikeville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Stuff that grind my gears.... 4 min cool beans 11
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Fed Up Again 138,381
Brian Morris 20 min Morris for Jailer 7
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 23 min ChristWarrior 122,587
Thad Manning 45 min mike tysonnn 3
Nevada Rednecks Helping a Welfare Queen Who won... 46 min Full Fathom Five 21
GOP Dumb and Dumber target new females in the w... 57 min Full Fathom Five 9
paris cowboy =music 1 hr PARIS COWBOY 1,133
Judge 3 hr Amy 30
Another Amy Thread Deleted 3 hr my name is opp 40
•••

Freeze Warning for Pike County was issued at April 16 at 5:55PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••