Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81692 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90807 Jul 11, 2013
Imposter wrote:
Thanks for the well wishes folks. Like wolf said some never know how good they have it till its about over.
I can do without pork chops for breakfast and force down plain oatmeal...eat more grass (salad) I guess.
I had some fine neighbors welcome me home, they said the holler just wouldn't be the same without me causing trouble up in here....
Abeliever if you were one mile closer- my old international harvester might would make it there.
I intend to live life to the fullest while I can, hope you all do the same.
Stay away from that bacon! It'll kill you! But dang if it aint good.
Get out and do something fun today, I am going to sleep a little while longer and do just that.
It sounds like you have had the same issues as I did with having to stay off bacon and eating more grass. I traded the bacon for exercise including acquiring and reworking the old homestead and raising chickens and parking somewhere besides the front door at Walmart. But I have been at it now for 4+ years and life ain't all that bad. In fact LIFE IS GOOD. May GOD bless you just as HE has blessed me.
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#90808 Jul 11, 2013
Goodness knows I've passed over this thread many times and tonite I'm so glad I didn't. I found out a good long time back it has more than "birds" in it and a while ago I got a ray of sunshine from it after reading all the blue-sad-and-bad news in all the other forums around here. Just wanted to thankx to all of you.
Anne

United States

#90809 Jul 11, 2013
@Mississippi Man. I am a recent newcomer to this thread and much like you I past over this thread many times. It has its trolling problems, yes, but then that's part of life in general! Who among us hasn't had "foxes in the hen house" so to speak. Aggravating, but not boring! Lol
The bird threaders are a congenial group and seem to welcome all good posters. Be sure to stop by and let us get acquainted!
Btw, there's a few on here that love a great debate and love to bring spice to the table! Soooo, feel free to disagree!!! Lol
Anne

United States

#90810 Jul 11, 2013
Imposter wrote:
Thanks for the well wishes folks. Like wolf said some never know how good they have it till its about over.
I can do without pork chops for breakfast and force down plain oatmeal...eat more grass (salad) I guess.
I had some fine neighbors welcome me home, they said the holler just wouldn't be the same without me causing trouble up in here....
Abeliever if you were one mile closer- my old international harvester might would make it there.
I intend to live life to the fullest while I can, hope you all do the same.
Stay away from that bacon! It'll kill you! But dang if it aint good.
Get out and do something fun today, I am going to sleep a little while longer and do just that.
Big fat question from my corner::
While I have never lived in the hills and hollers of Kentucky I have been there several times. Now your neighbors said the holler wouldn't be the same without you.( is that a backhanded compliment?). So apparently you live in a holler. This IH you have, you actually have enough level space to do more than just turn it in circles? Maybe you have an empty house seat and have planted a garden? Lol

Okay, I'm being rude. My most sincere apologies.:-)

Good Morning to Everyone! It's a beautiful morning!!

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#90811 Jul 11, 2013
Good Morning!
I hope you all are having a wonderful morning.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#90812 Jul 11, 2013
Good.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#90816 Jul 11, 2013
Nothing wrong with being a Loner,STFU. Sometimes it's better talking to yourself than sparring with so called "friends." Unless you have a truly good friend that you trust and beyond all else accept you for whom and what you are.
Just read an article about the abuse of Tennessee Walker horses by an owner in Tennessee. A very sick individual chaining and burning the ankles of his horses as well as hitting them with prods. At least, he's out of business for certain.
Lovely day! Bless you All.
Anne

United States

#90818 Jul 11, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
We have many friends, online and off,
.


Yup. In fact, I'm having a nice little dinner party soon. Jeez. My table seats 8 and the other table seats 4. Nice little group. My offline friends.
(Psst.*whisper*. Really just having people over for supper but doesn't it sound great to say dinner party lol).
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90819 Jul 11, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. In fact, I'm having a nice little dinner party soon. Jeez. My table seats 8 and the other table seats 4. Nice little group. My offline friends.
(Psst.*whisper*. Really just having people over for supper but doesn't it sound great to say dinner party lol).
I am having a dinner party with my best friend. He has 4 legs and sort of likes vienna sausages. LOL

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#90820 Jul 11, 2013
Some people just have to complain. It's because their lives have no meaning. It's sad, really that they are jealous of people posting here.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#90821 Jul 11, 2013
To clarify, the guy is a horse trainer not owner. This video was revolting:( and deeply painful to watch.
To all of those with friends online and off and whether they be dinner guests or not , it is kindness and generosity that makes living possible. Enjoy those around you who bring you comfort and joy and just stay happy.Good people to help relieve stress and someone to lean on is helpful and needed in a world that can be so cruel and cold.
Fine, but cloudy day:)
Anne

United States

#90822 Jul 11, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
. Enjoy those around you who bring you comfort and joy and just stay happy.Good people to help relieve stress and someone to lean on is helpful and needed in a world that can be so cruel and cold.
Fine, but cloudy day:)
Amen ! You got it! Good words of wisdom!
Anne

United States

#90823 Jul 11, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I am having a dinner party with my best friend. He has 4 legs and sort of likes vienna sausages. LOL
Lol. Just real cute!! And like she just said" surround yourself with ( friends) that bring you comfort and joy". Wood woof!
Anne

United States

#90824 Jul 11, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Some people just have to complain. It's because their lives have no meaning. It's sad, really that they are jealous of people posting here.
It is sad when someone alienates themselves from a group they wish to join in with. Instead of a friendly" hello, can I visit". They just dump doodoo on the front door step. Certainly not the way to make friends. Its Sad they lack people skills.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#90825 Jul 11, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sad when someone alienates themselves from a group they wish to join in with. Instead of a friendly" hello, can I visit". They just dump doodoo on the front door step. Certainly not the way to make friends. Its Sad they lack people skills.
I do believe so. You are so right. I think, AW's Dog has more people skills and understands more about love, compassion and concern than most of these crude posters who have relentless negative barbs. That's alright. Too many kind Folks on here with gigantic hearts even though I myself get to be a cranky Fool at times.Lol.
May your dinner go well. Nice evening to the good Folks. Love and be merry.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#90826 Jul 11, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I am having a dinner party with my best friend. He has 4 legs and sort of likes vienna sausages. LOL
A companion who will love you no matter how you look, how you feel or your attitude. And will wag his tail in appreciation for your recognition of treating him so well. They have great qualities that go beyond loyalty; it's the display of love and concern...The bark and racing toward you after leaving them alone for awhile. A lick,perhaps or simply sharing dinner or a space on the seat. Lol. They grieve as well and experience loss. You are lucky to have him and him you;)

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#90827 Jul 11, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
It is sad when someone alienates themselves from a group they wish to join in with. Instead of a friendly" hello, can I visit". They just dump doodoo on the front door step. Certainly not the way to make friends. Its Sad they lack people skills.
Well, some people just like to be miserable, I reckon.
YouCanSayAnythin g

United States

#90828 Jul 11, 2013
But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm,you won't be the same person who walked in.
Imposter

London, KY

#90829 Jul 11, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Big fat question from my corner::
While I have never lived in the hills and hollers of Kentucky I have been there several times. Now your neighbors said the holler wouldn't be the same without you.( is that a backhanded compliment?). So apparently you live in a holler. This IH you have, you actually have enough level space to do more than just turn it in circles? Maybe you have an empty house seat and have planted a garden? Lol
Okay, I'm being rude. My most sincere apologies.:-)
Good Morning to Everyone! It's a beautiful morning!!
The IH is an old truck not a tractor LOL. A close neighbor for me is about a half mile down the hill. And its all hill where I sit. I can grow a little patch in the bottom but nothing to crow about. Have some hogs but not for long a man is coming for them friday.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#90831 Jul 12, 2013
coffee and dog-tree time here, Sure is nice and cool outside, almost chilly. I don't call the homestead as being in a holler but I suppose it is. I live at the end of the line in the bottom land of a long sloping hill with my corn field and chicken house on a 1 acre terraced area up the hill. I climb there several times every day and I suppose that helps keep the ticker-a-ticking. LOL

My closest neighbor is across the creek in front of my house about a 1/2 mile up on a ridge of an even higher hill. So dog and I hide behind the tree when we are out taking care of business. At that distance, the neighbors wife could see what we are doing, but unlikely to see what we are doing it with or even care. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NFL Problem 1 hr Dirty Old Man 1
william bowling arrested (Apr '11) 4 hr Young one 23
Dr Whitney Maynard Rauth Valley Vet (May '12) 6 hr ConfusedAnimalLover 34
Kayla pinson from raccoon ky 6 hr Subverter 7
I am dating a black man. 6 hr Subverter 8
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 hr another viewer 168,031
Melissa Blankenship 9 hr PlayaPlay 3
Ray Jones for Pike County Judge Executive 13 hr curious 65

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages