Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,729

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#89440 May 15, 2013
the attorneys for the devil himself Ariel Castro released a statement of innocence on his behalf today saying he loves his daughter and misses her..... yeh...ok ...feel sorry for that public defender. makes me sick.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#89441 May 15, 2013
Woah it's a warm one today. Thankful for the breeze. I have been out with the birds. They are a lot less mad now that they have food.
Hope you all have a good rest of your day!!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89442 May 15, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one AW, you are as young as you feel. I am not at your stage yet. I am an early retiree, remember? lol Although, I am slowing down you know.
Winter is good for that, but Summer is for fun and LIVING while we can. I still skinny dip, party, dance, go out and now go back to work. Go figure. haha Too much time and energy for slowing down now.
You go Gal;) Imposter mentioned a waterfall over where he lives: I thought, skinny dip heaven. Hehehe. Minus him of course. Woman sure have her hands full with that goat....
Imposter

London, KY

#89443 May 15, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> You go Gal;) Imposter mentioned a waterfall over where he lives: I thought, skinny dip heaven. Hehehe. Minus him of course. Woman sure have her hands full with that goat....
Bwaaahahahaha You got that right baby I might be getting along in the years but I would absolutely turn her every which way but loose.
Right turn Clyde.
Mercy, mercy miss Percy, I'd love to be behind the bushes when she took that midnight dip.
Imposter

London, KY

#89444 May 15, 2013
How am I supposed to pitch woo when they keep deleting my best love notes?
They weren't that bad now!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#89446 May 15, 2013
Just watching some Tv. The birds are happy.
Hope you all had as good a day as I did.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#89447 May 15, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Good one AW, you are as young as you feel. I am not at your stage yet. I am an early retiree, remember? lol Although, I am slowing down you know.
Winter is good for that, but Summer is for fun and LIVING while we can. I still skinny dip, party, dance, go out and now go back to work. Go figure. haha Too much time and energy for slowing down now.
I don't work a regular job anymore, but still plenty active in both summer and winter with chickens and helping others. I will never be a person that just sits and does nothing. That will wear a person down quicker than anything. I don't party and dance as much as I once did, but I find many other ways to have fun. LOL
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89448 May 15, 2013
Imposter wrote:
If you guys want to swim you should come on down to the shack this summer and I'll take you to a swimming hole in a nearby stream under a 25 foot waterfall. Cold and clear, too cold for anything other than the hottest days. Absolutely no one lives up the stream so its relatively unpolluted by man.
I sure would like to take you especially- to that old crawdad hole- miss Abeliever. Man oh man, I'm about hot enough to go up there and wade around right now.
Yep, its officially high spring time.
Those are the best swimming holes. We use to go to Otter Creek Park that has half of Fort Knox surrounding it and take a trail to the most beautiful waterfall and cold, cold, water in the swimming hole below it. You talk about the girls standing up and the guys shrinking down. hahaha It was some of the best summers we had until they started throwing up "No Tresspassing" signs. Don't want to mess with that.

BTW, I can catch crawdads with the best of them. Use to fill up 5 gallon buckets full in a creek nearby. You almost have to have that many to get any taste of them since there isn't much meat on them unless they are the king daddies. haha But what a mess and if you cook them inside it smells up the whole house. Now they are cooked outside only. I can also outfish most men. lol
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89449 May 15, 2013
betty wrote:
<quoted text>
i used to hit up the iga in vine grove all the time when we lived in the radcliff area because they had the best meat deals 5 for 20, the one i stopped at Monday had the big bags of frozen chicken breast and i did get five bags of those...(i figure at 3 lbs a piece it equals around a dollar thirty or so a pound and thats not bad for boneless/skinless at all but the meat cuts like the roast and steaks were not all that great so i passed.)
i have been going to priceless for my meats.... most of the time they have some bacon on sale for a 1.72 per pack (12oz) i don't care for the usual brand they have fr that price but occasionally they will have others for that like the Williams, Jim morel, and farmland and those are not bad at all. they always have a good deal on ground beef and pork roast. if you haven't made it down to priceless since they opened i can tell you its worth the trip! i found strawberry's for 1.37 a pound there in the dead of winter.
You are right, they have the best meat outside the commissary. Their bananas are 39 cents lb every Wednesday. They are renevating and changing on the 31st to Cash Saver Cost Plus Food Outlet (I know, what a mouthful). It's been Houchens, Piggly Wiggly, IGA, and now that. They are closing 28-30 for transition. I loved Houchens and then the Pig (as we called it), IGA was good. If they drop that meat deal then I will go back to the commissary or Walmart.

My sister told me about that store, but I hate to drive to Etown these days since they have about every road f'd up going every which way off Ring Road and any road leading to it. I try to avoid it. My sister is on the northern side of the mall out in what is left of the country around there so that is as far as I usually go unless we are eating at O'Charley's. Etown is a mess and that mall is a pain in the but to get through all those lights with the idiots that drive 31W.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89450 May 15, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> You go Gal;) Imposter mentioned a waterfall over where he lives: I thought, skinny dip heaven. Hehehe. Minus him of course. Woman sure have her hands full with that goat....
:) You are right about skinny dip heaven, especially on those 90-100 degree days. The water is so cold and clear.
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89451 May 15, 2013
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>Bwaaahahahaha You got that right baby I might be getting along in the years but I would absolutely turn her every which way but loose.
Right turn Clyde.
Mercy, mercy miss Percy, I'd love to be behind the bushes when she took that midnight dip.
:)
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89452 May 15, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't work a regular job anymore, but still plenty active in both summer and winter with chickens and helping others. I will never be a person that just sits and does nothing. That will wear a person down quicker than anything. I don't party and dance as much as I once did, but I find many other ways to have fun. LOL
You stay busy I know and that is good for your heart and soul with your work on the homestead, your chickens, helping neighbors, your boys, and those ladies you go see with the eggs. You have date nights and stay active on a level I will eventually get to. You are right that sitting around was the worst. You can only clean house and work in the yard for so long and all my family and friends were always at work. Since I don't have any grandchildren I had too much time on my hands. I decided to go work 5 hours a day for something to do and make some new friends. Plus, add a little to that retirement check I earned. Who can't use extra money huh? I bet you put that Stetson hat on and two step now and then don't you? I can see you doing that. You aren't over the hill yet, and when you get there you will enjoy the view at your family homestead you worked so hard to get and make your own. You need to send us some new pictures. OJG too!

Hope you enjoyed the beautiful day!
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

#89453 May 15, 2013
Off to dreamland. I hope you had a great day. Sorry I missed you guys. Check with you tomorrow.

Sweet dreams!!!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#89456 May 16, 2013
Well, cloudy this morning. Hope the rain holds off for just a bit. Hope you all have a good day!! Got to go feed the birds!
kevin

Louisa, KY

#89458 May 16, 2013
Moratorium here?

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#89459 May 16, 2013
It's been kinda dead in here today I see.
I guess with this nice weather, people had to be outside in it. I was too. Mowed my lawn with the push mower and threw out my back. LOL!!
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#89460 May 16, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
It's been kinda dead in here today I see.
I guess with this nice weather, people had to be outside in it. I was too. Mowed my lawn with the push mower and threw out my back. LOL!!
O no, hope you're okay. I fell assbackward on a large stone. Kids across the street must've thought I was drunk. Your back, my hip. Is it something about getting older you reckon? or maybe were too vigorous;) Lol. Rained here. Will get mine in a few days.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#89461 May 16, 2013
Good evening, my fine feathered friends. I will never consider myself over the hill. When you get to the top, and make your way down, you find that there is always another hill to climb. Staying physically active is always important, but the key is to stay mentally active. If you can manage that, you have conquered getting old.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#89462 May 16, 2013
my peas have little white flowers on them now...... right on schedule (i think) and i think i should be harvesting in another two or three weeks..... beans are about a week behind thanks to the late frosting we had but they are getting there... and coming back stronger than they were.

hubby registered for his summer and fall classes:

math 110 and keyboarding this summer, then in he fall he is taking another keyboarding, intro to something (idk), writing 101, and war of the worlds.... he is really excited about that last one lol. if they gave out credit hours based on much much your nelson box says you watch the military channel and history channel.... he would have a degree by now.

very proud of him :)
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#89463 May 17, 2013
Two older men repaired siding on an old lady's house yesterday and she fixed us a really great chicken pot pie for our pay. The best part is that the IRS don't get any of it. LOL

How can I NOT stay active? Too many people need me to stop and the CREATOR lets me keep going for now. If the rains hold off, I will be mowing again today. I had planned to mow yesterday until I found out that the old lady needed help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who keeps taking down the police chief thread? 11 min Curious 2 5
Today In ANE 13 min Yes Mr Justice 6
Mayor Frank Justice 17 min Yes Mr Justice 8
Expo Tonight 32 min Work from home 12
Which Will Fail First 39 min You Decide 0
10 percent equals 90 percent of crime. - blacks 40 min Rusty Is A Whigger 30
Horses Die 41 min For the people 17
Commons Apartments 46 min Uncommonly Expensive 102
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr Mitch Sucks 20,502
Sheriff Charles Fuzzy Keesee 13 hr Heart broken father 62