Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,729

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#88814 Apr 24, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Ah another good day...hope you all have a good night too.
Good night to you as well. Hope your mama is in better health. Looking forward to the better days ahead. Fingers crossed;);)
adair ya

AOL

#88815 Apr 24, 2013
they say hogweed can be found along the highways in mid state Indiana ,...
i am sure it grows s some where in Adair co too
Shame

Duluth, GA

#88816 Apr 24, 2013
Why are these animals aren't just dying in
thank you

Columbia, KY

#88817 Apr 24, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
When working on a mower in the blade area, first remove the spark plug wire so the thing won't start and if turning the mower up to look or replace the blade, turn it with the carbuerator side up. If that side is down, oil will run into the carbuerator and create a smoke screen when and if you restart it.
thank you for this good advice. I was just looking at the decency of the people on this thread and saw your tidbit of advice just when i was about to do this for the first time - and quite a bit ignorant of mechanics,so thanks!
Hulabula

United States

#88818 Apr 24, 2013
It's got to be Bush!
Anne

Owensboro, KY

#88819 Apr 24, 2013
adair ya wrote:
they say hogweed can be found along the highways in mid state Indiana ,...
i am sure it grows s some where in Adair co too
I'm a Hoosier!! So hogweed grows in Indiana? Surely then I've seen it. I remember horse weeds, but not hogweed. I looked at hogweed images o line and it seems to be a little familiar. Too long ago

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88820 Apr 25, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Good night to you as well. Hope your mama is in better health. Looking forward to the better days ahead. Fingers crossed;);)
Thanks! Both her and dad are okay right now. You never know what's going to happen. It's cold here this morning!! Brr!!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#88821 Apr 25, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Welllllll, other than the rain watering my newly planted things, it pushed the fencing job back and totally postponed putting in the concrete culvert that was delivered today. so I understand what your saying. Last year the Amish guy that was working for me had a chisel slip out of his tool belt. Went straight down and sliced the extension cord in half!!! Talk about sparks flying!!! Regular 4th of July !!! Lol
I did that when I cut the cord to our electric hedge trimmer. Good thing it happened so fast or I might have been fried. Yikes. I've always been a bit of a klutz.

Location hidden

#88822 Apr 25, 2013
Good morning my fine feathered friends. My birds are multiplying. Looks like an Alfred Hitchcock movie around here. I have to feed my outside dogs at night, or the birds eat the kibble faster than they do. I was thinking of AW yesterday, when I saw two young does grazing in the side yard. Beautiful. I also saw a different sight as hubby and I drove home on our little country road. It is not unusual to see vultures and turkey buzzards around here, and you have to be careful so slow down if they are in the road. They don't move quickly and risk becoming road kill along with the lunch they are eating. One BIG bird took a slow lift off and fired away, literally, as he took offense at our disturbing his meal, just missing the windshield.(What goes in the body, ultimately comes out the other end). Bombs Away!!!
Sad

United States

#88823 Apr 25, 2013
This is sad
Anne

Owensboro, KY

#88824 Apr 25, 2013
Oglala wrote:
Good morning my fine feathered friends. My birds are multiplying. Looks like an Alfred Hitchcock movie around here. I have to feed my outside dogs at night, or the birds eat the kibble faster than they do. I was thinking of AW yesterday, when I saw two young does grazing in the side yard. Beautiful. I also saw a different sight as hubby and I drove home on our little country road. It is not unusual to see vultures and turkey buzzards around here, and you have to be careful so slow down if they are in the road. They don't move quickly and risk becoming road kill along with the lunch they are eating. One BIG bird took a slow lift off and fired away, literally, as he took offense at our disturbing his meal, just missing the windshield.(What goes in the body, ultimately comes out the other end). Bombs Away!!!
A near miss. Lol. Sure makes an interesting couple of minutes!!! Lol. My car was in the shop and I was driving a rental van. On my way home with a quarter of a mile to go, a large wild turkey flew up out of the side ditch and committed suicide on the grill of the rental van.$1800.00 damage. Lol.( it WAS rather crazy )
Rapidfire

Corbin, KY

#88829 Apr 25, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
A near miss. Lol. Sure makes an interesting couple of minutes!!! Lol. My car was in the shop and I was driving a rental van. On my way home with a quarter of a mile to go, a large wild turkey flew up out of the side ditch and committed suicide on the grill of the rental van.$1800.00 damage. Lol.( it WAS rather crazy )
Do not drink WildTurkey while driving ! HaHaHa! Who would throw a perfectly good bottle of WildTurkey in the ditch ? LoL
hogweed

AOL

#88830 Apr 25, 2013
hogweed an grow to well over 10 feet tall ,..
dont get the sap on your skin ,...
dont eat it ,....
dont feed it to livestock ,..

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88831 Apr 25, 2013
Just watching some Tv... and watching some Birds eat seeds...Nice.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#88833 Apr 25, 2013
@ Roaming, sure glad to hear that you're relaxing. All those long hours, shopping for the birds and taking care of your family keeps you hectic it seems. It's nice to hear your parents have been well. Pneumonia is terrible if not caught early. A little chilly out here.Yet, the birds and I are enjoying the sunlight. Lovely. Partner will be home next week after being gone for nine weeks. Feeling kinda squirrelly. Hehehe. You have a nice evening Gal;)
Anne

United States

#88834 Apr 25, 2013
Rapidfire wrote:
<quoted text> Do not drink WildTurkey while driving ! HaHaHa! Who would throw a perfectly good bottle of WildTurkey in the ditch ? LoL
Lol ain't yew jus so funny!!! Wild Turkey!!! Lol

Location hidden

#88835 Apr 25, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
<quoted text>Wll, then, leave. We don't care if you think it's stupid. Don't let the Topix door hit you in the azz on the way out.
Way to go. What I don't understand, is if someone doesn't care to discuss the topic of the day, why don't they just tune out? Can't account for some people. Glad you finally got some rest.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88836 Apr 25, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
@ Roaming, sure glad to hear that you're relaxing. All those long hours, shopping for the birds and taking care of your family keeps you hectic it seems. It's nice to hear your parents have been well. Pneumonia is terrible if not caught early. A little chilly out here.Yet, the birds and I are enjoying the sunlight. Lovely. Partner will be home next week after being gone for nine weeks. Feeling kinda squirrelly. Hehehe. You have a nice evening Gal;)
Well, you will not know what to do with yourself when your partner gets back.((Wink wink)) lol Here, it's sunny and nice. I am feeling bad for those that are going to the local Jacksonian celebration this Saturday, because it's looking more and more like rain. I love that celebration, but alas, I have to work. Hope you have a good rest of your day.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88837 Apr 25, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Way to go. What I don't understand, is if someone doesn't care to discuss the topic of the day, why don't they just tune out? Can't account for some people. Glad you finally got some rest.
Because some people just want to try and bother other people. It's too bad they can't just relax and enjoy the birds.
haley

Hanford, CA

#88838 Apr 25, 2013
birds will be birds

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City Minutes Not Updated 22 min hot dog cart shre... 24
Horse Trail Tragedy 38 min hot dog cart shre... 39
Mayor Frank Justice 41 min Yes Mr Justice 10
Police chief 1 hr Hill man 6
Shane Hale and arson? WTF?? 1 hr hot dog cart shre... 2
the high lie society 1 hr hot dog cart shre... 4
Today In ANE 1 hr Born to run 8
Commons Apartments 2 hr Poor Little Rusty 103
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 2 hr Injudgement 20,503
10 percent equals 90 percent of crime. - blacks 3 hr Rusty Is A Whigger 30