Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81692 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#88505 Apr 12, 2013
Well, had to put my dear momma in the hospital again, with pneumonia. She just had this in January and was in 8 days. I hope it won't be that long this time. No time for the birds today.
Anne

United States

#88506 Apr 12, 2013
BIG_STEVIE wrote:
WTF walks into 24 Hour Fitness and asks a trainer in the gym: "Ah wants to get me one of them purty gals, old buddy! How kin Ah do that? Is there one o' them thar machines that'll hep me git some o' them mus-kles, he-yuh, he-yuh?"
The trainer took one look at WTF, and replied; “In your case, and if you are really, REALLY rich, I'd recommend that you use the ATM, just outside the gym!!!"
Well, Big Stevie, I see you made it over to the bird threaders! Ive been catching your jokes over on the politicsl threads!! You've got some good jokes going on!!! Have a wonderful day!
Anne

United States

#88507 Apr 12, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Well, had to put my dear momma in the hospital again, with pneumonia. She just had this in January and was in 8 days. I hope it won't be that long this time. No time for the birds today.
I do hope your momma is doing better. My prayers are with your family.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88508 Apr 12, 2013
Anne wrote:
<quoted text>
I do hope your momma is doing better. My prayers are with your family.
Thanks. She is going to be in the hospital a few days. She has pneumonia.:(
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#88509 Apr 12, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Bless your mother as well as you.I use mullein leaf, violet leaf an licorce root for my chest problems. I tell you that these do help. My thoughts are with you. May her recovery be swift;)
Buffet

Frankfort, KY

#88510 Apr 12, 2013
Tonight, my girlfriend and I had gourmet spam for our dinner date. Yummy!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88511 Apr 12, 2013
Wonder if one could slice spam real thin and use it on pizza instead of pepperoni and sausage? or would the dinner date just think I am being cheap. LOL
Rockingchairman

East Bernstadt, KY

#88512 Apr 12, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Wonder if one could slice spam real thin and use it on pizza instead of pepperoni and sausage? or would the dinner date just think I am being cheap. LOL
I think they would be happy that you are being yourself. Which is cheap, because we have to be cheap...or be hungry. Maybe "frugal" is a better word.
I know it bothered you quite a bit when that string came unglued from the tithe quarter.
I have good news- I have noticed a marked gain in my retirement fund since coming out of retirement.
The level of change has grown at least a quarter of an inch in that old mason jar.
I'm considering going to save-a-lot to invest in some pork bellies tomorrow.
At any rate, I left a spam icon over your post, spam pizza it is.
Rockingchairman

East Bernstadt, KY

#88513 Apr 12, 2013
RoamingInsomniac wrote:
I'll pray for her now. Someone posted about mullin leaves, that hot mullin tea always helped my grandfather breathe better. Not sure if it was the mullin or the heat from a hot drink. May your mother have a speedy recovery.
Goodnight
Anne

United States

#88514 Apr 12, 2013
Okay! How 'bout this SPAM !! In Honolulu a most popular McDonald's breakfast item is the spam, rice and scrambled egg breakfast. Yep. I had it for breakfast one morning!!! To be exact the McDonald's was located on Hickam Air Force base. Google it.
dangle

Kansas City, MO

#88515 Apr 12, 2013
The grey breasted warbler is the a$$hole of the bird kingdom. Picture someone just rear-ended your car while you are stopped at a red light. Then they jump out and give you attitude, then they tell you they dont have insurance.
That's the grey breasted warbler. They are horrible, horrible birds.
marvingardens

Berea, KY

#88516 Apr 12, 2013
Took the wife to a restaurant on the moon tonight. Good food but no atmosphere.
old crow

Lexington, KY

#88517 Apr 12, 2013
birds fly
birds die
qwerty

Santa Fe, NM

#88518 Apr 13, 2013
If you have something a bit hush-hush, a bit romantic and a bit wonderful, a bit weird, a bit loud, a bit large, a bit odorous on the boil, today could well be a day for simply taking the phone off the hook , settling back in the privacy of your bathroom and get on with it. Birders for all their love of communication, are often the first to switch off and lie low for a while. Privacy is of vital importance and you could have a particularly delightful reason for insisting people get lost. It's not often that birders are given to subterfuge, but when you are, you're really subterfugerific!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88519 Apr 13, 2013
Rockingchairman wrote:
<quoted text>I think they would be happy that you are being yourself. Which is cheap, because we have to be cheap...or be hungry. Maybe "frugal" is a better word.
I know it bothered you quite a bit when that string came unglued from the tithe quarter.
I have good news- I have noticed a marked gain in my retirement fund since coming out of retirement.
The level of change has grown at least a quarter of an inch in that old mason jar.
I'm considering going to save-a-lot to invest in some pork bellies tomorrow.
At any rate, I left a spam icon over your post, spam pizza it is.
Thanks for the upgrade from "cheap" to "frugal", that does seem to be a bit more appropriate. I tried to come out of retirement but no one wanted someone this old except my chickens and their eggs has made that one old tithing quarter to not be so important any more. And with the free spam, I won't need to go to Sav-A-Lot of the Dollar Store until next week. I am thinking about getting up from here and slicing some Bar-S hot dogs long ways and fry them with some potatoes and save my spam for later. LOL
Kentucky

Coraopolis, PA

#88520 Apr 13, 2013
Good morning bird threaders. Roaming I pray your mother recovers soon.
AW fry up some sausage, after cooked, peel some taters and fry em up in that sausage grease. Serve with eggs over easy and toast. Lol
Hard on the arteries but great for the taste buds Lol :)

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

#88521 Apr 13, 2013
Thanks much for the good thoughts and prayers. My mom will appreciate it also. Have a good day!!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88522 Apr 13, 2013
Kentucky wrote:
Good morning bird threaders. Roaming I pray your mother recovers soon.
AW fry up some sausage, after cooked, peel some taters and fry em up in that sausage grease. Serve with eggs over easy and toast. Lol
Hard on the arteries but great for the taste buds Lol :)
They are also hard on my gouty big toe. LOL which is why I eat the sliced hotdogs and potatoes grilled with no grease at all.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#88523 Apr 13, 2013
Plus, I have already had one open heart surgery and one carotid artery surgery and the taste buds are not nearly as important as being productive until the Creator says my labors are enough. I don't care about living a long time if I can't do a few things.
Anne

United States

#88524 Apr 13, 2013
Ouch. As I get older certain foods I love have a tendency to make my life miserable. *sigh*.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ratt Meynolds 9 min Ton Pinrut 10
Election Recall 9 min Paris Hatfield 111
Pikeville Airport Shut Down 22 min Tell the Whole Story 8
Cowardly Fiscal Court 52 min Ashamed of E Ky 6
Impeach Trump 1 hr Roosty Is Weird 115
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 1 hr Uncle Tom 34,799
Word Association (Aug '11) 2 hr darktainium 7,521
Muslims are invading EKY (Apr '16) 5 hr your right 47

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages