Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments (Page 3,686)

Showing posts 73,701 - 73,720 of81,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Mar 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

yep
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Good morning bird threaders. Hope everyone had a peaceful night. Sun is shining, big fat robins are singing, weekend is here, Wildcats play tonight, and life is good. I seen this video last night in the wee hours while scanning the news. I love it. It is adorable.

White lion and dog become best friends at zoo (VIDEO)

A zoo in Australia has become home to a decidedly odd couple: a young white lion and a dog that have become companions.

The Darling Downs Zoo in Pilton, Queensland, has posted a delightful video of the pair, named Kwanza (lion) and Honey (dog).

They met when Kwanza’s mother stopped producing milk. Zoo caretakers had to feed the cub themselves, and Honey came along for the ride.

In the video, the two animals are clearly affectionate toward each other, with Honey wagging her tale as the two wait for a zoo gate to open and allow them to interact. They quickly do, rubbing against each other in a warm greeting before walking off to play, side by side.

However, it’s unlikely they will remain playmates forever. Kwanza, who was born in November, is still very young. When he becomes an adult, he may become too big for Honey (the average African lion weighs between 300 and 500 pounds).

Much like white tigers, white lions are not true albinos but get their distinctly colored coats due to a genetic abnormality. They retain a mythical status in some parts of South Africa, although they are also reportedly subjected to ritualistic hunts that threaten their already limited numbers.

Their existence was officially confirmed only in 1975 by animal biologist Chris McBride, who documented a white lion in a South African area known as Timbavati.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/white-li...
Abeliever

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

For the Birds. Check out the pictures and the rest of the article:

March 14, 2013
Did Four-Winged Birds and Dinos Fly the Ancient Skies?

Are four wings better than two? Not for airborne dinosaurs and early birds, according to a new study. Chinese researchers believe the very first birds inherited a four-wing configuration from their dinosaur ancestors. They later shed their second set of wings, however, so that their legs and feet could serve them better during takeoff and landing.

If bird watchers could travel back 100 million years, they would see double, according to new research. At the dawn of bird history, early fliers sported not one but two sets of feathers, Chinese paleontologists claim in the latest issue of Science. Presenting an analysis of 11 bird skeletons from the Lower Cretaceous, they speculate that the first birds, like their dinosaur ancestors, had four wings that may all have been used for flight.

Nearly all experts agree that birds evolved from other feathered dinosaurs.(Since birds themselves are considered dinosaurs, paleontologists use the term “non-avian dinosaurs” for extinct creatures of the Jurassic Park variety.) In recent years, researchers have determined that some of these bird precursors grew aerodynamic feathers on both their arms and legs, and it’s been theorized that at least one—the pigeon-sized dinosaur known as Microraptor—flew on four wings. But until now, scientists could only speculate that early, or basal, birds also had flying feathers on their hindlimbs.

http://www.history.com/news/did-four-winged-b...

Since: Jul 12

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Ralph and Norris went bear hunting in Montana. While Ralph stayed in the cabin, Norris went out looking for a bear. He soon found a huge bear, shot at it but only wounded it. The enraged bear charged toward him. His rifle jammed, so he dropped it and started running for the cabin as fast as he could.

Now, Norris was pretty fleet of foot, but the bear was just a little faster, and gained on him with every step. Just as Norris reached the open cabin door, he tripped and fell flat. Too close behind to stop, the bear tripped over him and went rolling into the cabin.

Norris jumped up, ran outside, closed the cabin door, and yelled to his friend inside, "You skin this one while I go get another one!"
old sparky

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

BIG_STEVIE wrote:
Ralph and Norris went bear hunting in Montana. While Ralph stayed in the cabin, Norris went out looking for a bear. He soon found a huge bear, shot at it but only wounded it. The enraged bear charged toward him. His rifle jammed, so he dropped it and started running for the cabin as fast as he could.
Now, Norris was pretty fleet of foot, but the bear was just a little faster, and gained on him with every step. Just as Norris reached the open cabin door, he tripped and fell flat. Too close behind to stop, the bear tripped over him and went rolling into the cabin.
Norris jumped up, ran outside, closed the cabin door, and yelled to his friend inside, "You skin this one while I go get another one!
yea ,...i guess
you just saw the old movie ''Jeremiah Johnson"

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I always filed my own and in the last few years of filing, I used TurboTax for "Home and Business" version by Intuit and only used an accountant one time and found that I not only paid the dude, but it cost me more in taxes than I should have paid. Turbotax has a drop down menu of questions and walks one through every possible scenario. It is quite thorough. And no, I don't work for INTUIT. LOL
Oh, you're most likely right, but it is just that I go way back with my accountant, and he's been doing taxes and recommendations for saving/investing for the past 26 years. I know that I could do it lots cheaper, and soon we won't need to file our taxes, so I continue on. After all these years, he's like a friend. LOL
old sparky

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

unless you make over $ 99,000.00 a year ,...
you should do your own taxes
qwerty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Guy Clark - Home grown tomatoes

http://youtu.be/6TWwyhCVBDg

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

Just got home. What a long day.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 15, 2013

Judged:

RoamingInsomniac wrote:
Just got home. What a long day.
Get some rest! The UK game took my last energy.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

oh yes joe poodle.... i really wanted to be up bathing you at the butt crack of dawn because you just had to go out and roll in something dead. so amused....really.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

old sparky wrote:
unless you make over $ 99,000.00 a year ,...
you should do your own taxes
Not necessarily. It depends more on circumstances and one's ability to comprehend all the variables such as rental income property, depreciation of assets, capital gains, carry-over of unamortized losses, etc. ad infinitum. If all one did was "work for the man" or not work at all, the filing of taxes is fairly simple regardless of income.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

I see at the top of this thing that PCH is touting to win $3 million for your dream home. I just don't dream that big and am quite happy with my little cottage in the boondocks. I don't need or want that much money, so I won't enter or play the lottery. The more one has, the more there is to worry and fret over and a "dream home" could easiy become a nightmare where Dog is not even welcome.

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
Get some rest! The UK game took my last energy.
I did get some sleep. I have to work 8am to 5pm today, and 9am to 8pm tomorrow, so I need MUCH more sleep!! Oh well. No rest for the weary.
So true

Clarkson, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Happy Saturday all... Hope it is as nice out today as yesterday ... Such a blessed day, the only thing that could have beat it was settin on a porch swing with the one ya love , sipping Ice tea !! Y'all have a good one...

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Good morning, my fine feathered friends. The sun is shining and the temperature is expected to reach 70 degrees. What more could you ask for? It's a fine Kentucky morning, with spring just right around the corner.\@Roaming: I know exactly how you feel. I worked weekends for many years, pulling in overtime hours. Since it was at my discretion, I used to start my work week on Sunday, and hoped to wrap up my clinical visits by late Friday afternoon. I eventually got used to it, and I really did enjoy working with my patients. I still regret having to retire early because of disability. But time waits for no one, and we cannot roll back the years.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Ancient Wolf wrote:
I see at the top of this thing that PCH is touting to win $3 million for your dream home. I just don't dream that big and am quite happy with my little cottage in the boondocks. I don't need or want that much money, so I won't enter or play the lottery. The more one has, the more there is to worry and fret over and a "dream home" could easiy become a nightmare where Dog is not even welcome.
I agree with you on that assessment. LOL. That dream home and taxes that come with it can belong to someone else. Me, I'll take a cabin in the mountains by a creek.Hehe. nice day to you and Dog. It's lovely today...

Since: Jul 12

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

old sparky wrote:
<quoted text>yea ,...i guess
you just saw the old movie ''Jeremiah Johnson"
Ha-ha!!! No, it has been many years, since I saw that one, but I do remember it well! I hope you enjoy these little jokes, and I hope that you have a wonderful day, every day, my friend!!

“Is who I am”

Scottsville

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Oh I know how beautiful it was out today. You all went out there in it...didn't you?
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

Judged:

Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> I agree with you on that assessment. LOL. That dream home and taxes that come with it can belong to someone else. Me, I'll take a cabin in the mountains by a creek.Hehe. nice day to you and Dog. It's lovely today...
I had a great day working outside expanding my tool shed and putting a new metal roof over both the old shed and the addition. I only fell off the roof once LOL Actually, I just slid down the 16 feet metal incline and stopped at the ground level about 2 feet off the ground. A home-made sliding board. LOL

My cottage is not in the mountains but I do have a creek out in front. There are hills all around and adjacent to 600 acres of forest land. Lots of deer, turkey, and rabbits around here. I am blessed. All you folk have a good evening. This old man is going to get a shower and recline in the bed and watch tv and/or eyelids.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 73,701 - 73,720 of81,227
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

86 Users are viewing the Pikeville Forum right now

Search the Pikeville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
JK Coleman 2 min 1Term Commissioner 10
Appalachian Airlines 3 min Ray One Stupid 47
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 4 min Calvin_Coolish 138,811
Obamacare Helps Parents 6 min Adam 36 264
Apocalyptic Signs In The Air 9 min Patty Cakes Trailer Boy 62
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 11 min curious 122,901
Why Do Fools Follow/Support NObama Still Yet? 18 min Patty Cakes A Doofus 42
•••
•••
•••
•••

Pikeville Jobs

•••
•••
•••