Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,679

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85657 Feb 10, 2013
Cat reunited with owner after 3 years

When her fluffy, gray 2-year-old cat disappeared from her Long Island, N.Y., home three years ago, Charlene Lanigan searched everywhere for him, posting signs and wandering nearby streets shaking a container of food. But she wasnít prepared to get a phone call from the East Islip animal shelter recently saying that the cat had been found.

A local resident had seen McGee hanging around his yard for the last month, and when the weather started getting colder, he brought him to the shelter to have him checked for a microchip. Now, heís back home with Lanigan.
ďI just said to him this morning,Ďwhy canít you tell me where you were?í I just missed him so much,Ē said Lanigan.

http://living.msn.com/family-parenting/pets/o...

This story made me cry. How precious, yet sad. I would love a John Unger in my life. So caring and compassionate. I will have to do my Godvines again, I know Una really liked them, despite his slurs back then. He viewed every one of them or he wouldn't have been able to mock them. He really liked the one on ducks. hahaha

Man Comforts His Best Friend of 19 Years - a Dying Dog

John Unger and his best friend Schoep have shared a bond for over 18 years. As time takes its toll on the dog, John does whatever he can to ease his pain and make sure he passes peacefully, as a true friend would.

http://www.godvine.com/Man-Comforts-His-Best-...
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85659 Feb 10, 2013
Since they were talking about fine wine and aging, I decided to look up Donna Douglas--Ellie Mae Clampett... at age 79,her wine is a bit cloudy and I bet the swimming suit she wore out by the cement pond don't fit so good. LOL but she still has all that hair.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85660 Feb 10, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Since they were talking about fine wine and aging, I decided to look up Donna Douglas--Ellie Mae Clampett... at age 79,her wine is a bit cloudy and I bet the swimming suit she wore out by the cement pond don't fit so good. LOL but she still has all that hair.
Wasn't sure she was still alive. She was a beauty in her day!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85661 Feb 10, 2013
A BIRD story....smart one too, flew to freedom once he got loose. hahaha

Live condor escapes handler, causes chaos before ECHL game

Itís days like this that you can feel safe the Bruins donít actually have a live bear for a mascot.

The Bakersfield Condors brought a live condor to the teamís latest game against the Las Vegas Wranglers, and things quickly got out of hand.

Almost immediately after the condor was removed from its cage, the bird began struggling with its handler. After breaking free during the national anthem, it was corralled by the handler, only to slip free again when the poor guy wiped out on the ice.

The condor then made a break for it, invading the Bakersfield bench and briefly terrorizing the players and coach before heading down the tunnel and, presumably, to freedom.

http://www.yardbarker.com/all_sports/articles...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85663 Feb 10, 2013
Storm is on it's way. Dark skies, big thunder roars. Good day to stay in with Netflix.:)

Where is everyone? Thought we could ride the storm our together...haha A song of course comes to mind:

REO Speedwagon - Ridin' The Storm Out
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85664 Feb 10, 2013
How about Lena Horne doing "Stormy Weather"?

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85665 Feb 10, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
Storm is on it's way. Dark skies, big thunder roars. Good day to stay in with Netflix.:)
Where is everyone? Thought we could ride the storm our together...haha A song of course comes to mind:
REO Speedwagon - Ridin' The Storm Out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =zCeGCSvueM8XX
I'm still here and plan to pop in from time to time. Yes, it is a quiet bird thread today. Perhaps everybody has the rainy day Blahs. Popping out again to do some resarch, then take a nap.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85666 Feb 10, 2013
Family problems again. Mother in law told me I need to choose between her son or my immediate family. Let's just say my family is angry with me. Eddie Rabbit "I Love a Rainy Night." Hehe. I sure do, only without all the wind. My thought go out to all of those who have lost loved ones during the snowstorm and power outages. Several died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Wood stoves are so precious in times of severe weather. Time for a program. Waiting for God. You kind Folks have a good day.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85667 Feb 10, 2013
Could someone's attitude be based on a cultural difference or does misery like company? I don't think rudeness has anything to do with a California cultural upbringing versus a West Virginia one. I'm just the kinder person. Oh well. I'll ride out the storm. Cloudy today.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85668 Feb 10, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
How about Lena Horne doing "Stormy Weather"?
Here you go Ancient Wolf.

Lena Horne - Stormy Weather

In the spirit of the Grammys on later tonight. I watched the special last night where they scrambled to change it with the death of Whitney Houston. I am sure they will be honoring this one tonight too who passed the day before her birthday. Another great voice singing as an Angel now.:)

Stormy Weather - ETTA JAMES.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Singing legend Etta James dies at 73

She was diagnosed with leukemia in 2010, and also suffered from dementia and hepatitis C. James died at a hospital in Riverside, California. She would have turned 74 Wednesday.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/01/20/showbiz/etta-ja...

Thunder wimped out..haha, nice down pour, now just sprinkling. Headed your way if not there already.:)
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85669 Feb 10, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm still here and plan to pop in from time to time. Yes, it is a quiet bird thread today. Perhaps everybody has the rainy day Blahs. Popping out again to do some resarch, then take a nap.
Hope to catch you later, I have the cutest video I have to share with you and any other horse lover. It is a good day for a nap. Hope you have a quiet, peaceful afternoon.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85670 Feb 10, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
Family problems again. Mother in law told me I need to choose between her son or my immediate family. Let's just say my family is angry with me. Eddie Rabbit "I Love a Rainy Night." Hehe. I sure do, only without all the wind. My thought go out to all of those who have lost loved ones during the snowstorm and power outages. Several died from carbon monoxide poisoning. Wood stoves are so precious in times of severe weather. Time for a program. Waiting for God. You kind Folks have a good day.
Sorry to hear that choosing game they want you to play. That is sad. The more family and friends the better. You can't get enough love from the world as it is, I don't voluntarily cut anyone from mine and no one should ask. Good luck with that.

It is sad to hear the deaths of those just trying to keep warm. I pray those people in the north get some relief from all these natural disasters. Hopefully, the real spirit of Americans will continue to show some love and assistance. I have faith in them.

Hope you have a good evening.(((HUGS)) to you.

Eddie Rabbitt - I Love A Rainy Night
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85671 Feb 10, 2013
@AB it was Etta's version I was thinking about when I said Lena Horne. Etta just did it with more "soul". Her version of "At Last" is awesome.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#85672 Feb 10, 2013
Oglala wrote:
<quoted text>
Pray tell, what did you do to those varmints? I have an idea, and it's not a nice one. I rescued an old hedge hog from my dogs a few years back. Caught him in my kennelcab carrier. Brought him inside and looked him over. He stood up on hind legs and checked us out, too. Other than gray hairs and aged looking eyes, we determined that he was unhurt, just outnumbered. So we gave him a ride in the truck to the back part of our property, and released him. I told our neighbor about our rescue. Come to find out, the neighbor had been trying to shoot that varmint for years, but could never get him. Boy, was he frustrated when we told him we let the varmint go safely. But, he said, "What else can you expect from Yankees." LOL
The "vermits" I had were not any that could be trapped and relocated or I would have done so, so I just let them look at the business end of the old Hog Leg.

“I hate ugly”

Since: Dec 12

danville

#85673 Feb 10, 2013
what is up with this crap
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85674 Feb 10, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
@AB it was Etta's version I was thinking about when I said Lena Horne. Etta just did it with more "soul". Her version of "At Last" is awesome.
So true. "At Last" is AWESOME.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85675 Feb 10, 2013
getitriteorshutup wrote:
what is up with this crap
You'd have to go back and read all the posts from the beginning to get a grasp of it, OR, your could move along and find one of the thousands and thousands of topix thread to "get it right" and "shut up". Bye, bye...

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#85676 Feb 10, 2013
How nice it is to pop on and see our regulars posting. Like a ship safe in harbor. Something I've grown accustomed to and would miss it greatly if we all couldn't communicate every day.

It's raining cats and dogs here. I'm expecting a fish to land somewhere directly. Surely the hens would make quick work of it, hehe. No thunder yet, but my bones ache and I'm expecting it to be a really icky day.. Thankfully, no heat needs to be turned on. I'm hoping that the start of our 'no heat or A/C months' have started early... The electric provider in my area must absolutely be hating this! I suppose our rates will go up in the coming months even though they make extreme profits anyway... So much to be said about a Co-op company..

I'm off for now. Have some housework to do. I've been sitting here putting it off, I ache that badly today... It would probably pass if I'd just get off of my tail end and give these old bones a slight workout, LOL! Some days you just feel like being a slug. For me, today is certainly one of them.
:)

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#85677 Feb 10, 2013
A low down dirty SHAME...hmmmm
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#85678 Feb 10, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
How nice it is to pop on and see our regulars posting. Like a ship safe in harbor. Something I've grown accustomed to and would miss it greatly if we all couldn't communicate every day.
It's raining cats and dogs here. I'm expecting a fish to land somewhere directly. Surely the hens would make quick work of it, hehe. No thunder yet, but my bones ache and I'm expecting it to be a really icky day.. Thankfully, no heat needs to be turned on. I'm hoping that the start of our 'no heat or A/C months' have started early... The electric provider in my area must absolutely be hating this! I suppose our rates will go up in the coming months even though they make extreme profits anyway... So much to be said about a Co-op company..
I'm off for now. Have some housework to do. I've been sitting here putting it off, I ache that badly today... It would probably pass if I'd just get off of my tail end and give these old bones a slight workout, LOL! Some days you just feel like being a slug. For me, today is certainly one of them.
:)
I like to think age is a number. I notice how some women age so well and get around like spry chickens like those ones doing workout videos. Ahh, I feel like a slug also.I do blame the fatigue and aches on this weather though. My hands/ fingers feel like they're on fire. You have a nice evening;)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 5 min Julius 13,361
the expo does it again! 9 min 28 Year Old Plane 60
$$127,400. wow 12 min Obie Making The M... 6
Wireless Internet 24 min customer 4
Word Association (Aug '11) 58 min Jennifer Renee 5,250
mea culpa 1 hr lord forkwad 1
song title game, anyone? (Oct '08) 1 hr MUSICK-NESS 22,733
State rep and mine inspector indicted on briber... 3 hr umg psc coverup 19
What is the reason that the BOE elections are s... 3 hr district 4 46
LITAFIK Wins DEBATE 5 hr Propane Prop Plane 23