Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,729

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
kevin

Louisa, KY

#85296 Feb 5, 2013
Miss E Font wrote:
<quoted text>
You are welcome-- still want my shoe back
Still awaitin' your terms....
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85297 Feb 5, 2013
Good evening bird threaders, Little movement on this thread today surely indicates everyone was out enjoying the day I hope. It was nice after our little blast of winter and the white stuff. I got out for a while, now dinner/supper and dishes are all done. Time to kick back and watch UK play.

GO CATS!!!
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85298 Feb 5, 2013
BIRD story:

Pigeon lover ruffles feathers
http://www.nbcnews.com/id/21134540/vp=5070769...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85299 Feb 5, 2013
This dog with a human face looks wise beyond his years

They came in the night. One evening Tonik was a sweet, fluffy little poodle-Shih-Tzu mix. The next, his soft tufts of puppy fur and wet, canine-like snout had been replaced with a withered, 85-year-old nose and the sad eyes of an old man. THE DOG WAS IMPLANTED WITH HUMAN FACE! This pup up for adoption in Mishawaka, Ind., has been eliciting shouts from Twitter today as its cute, if creepy, mug makes its way around the Internet. "*FREAKS OUT,*" "Invasion of the Bodysnatchers anyone?" "KILL IT WITH FIRE," "WHYYYYY" and so forth. We don't know why. Like a cross-species Benjamin Button, it just is.[Source]

http://now.msn.com/dog-with-human-face-tonik-...

haha
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85300 Feb 5, 2013
Did Beyonce flash an Illuminati sign? Why did the Superdome power go out? Your Super Bowl mysteries, solved!

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-co...

Belie, you will like the Illuminati reference
lala, they think the Clydesdale pony should be called "Blackout" haha

AW, you will like the quick humorous comeback of one of your favorites...Oreos. haha

Can't believe the majority of people wouldn't recognize Paul Harvey's voice. I missed the newcomer in Calvin Kleins briefs who was just bagging groceries before this ad. I HAD to watch that video. hahaha He could bag my groceries anytime, I'd be tempted to take him home and put somemore meat on that frame.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

#85301 Feb 5, 2013
too funny!!!!!!!!!!

Some of you may have already been warned of this.....

You've heard about people who have been abducted and had their kidneys removed by black-market organ thieves.

My thighs were stolen from me during the night a few years ago.. I went to sleep and woke up with someone else's thighs. It was just that quick. The replacements had the texture of cooked oatmeal. Whose thighs were these and what happened to mine?

I spent the entire summer looking for my thighs.

Finally, hurt and angry, I resigned myself to living out my life in jeans. And then the thieves struck again.

My bum was next. I knew it was the same gang, because they took pains to match my new rear-end to the thighs they had stuck me with earlier.

But my new bum was attached at least three inches lower than my original! I realized I'd have to give up my jeans in favour of long skirts.

Two years ago I realized my arms had been switched.

One morning I was drying my hair and was horrified to see the flesh of my upper arm swing to and fro with the motion of the hairbrush. This was really getting scary - my body was being replaced one section at a time.

What could they do to me next?

When my poor neck suddenly disappeared and was replaced with a turkey neck, I decided to tell my story. Women of the world wake up and smell the coffee! Those 'plastic ' surgeons are using REAL replacement body parts -stolen from you and me! The next time someone you know has something 'lifted', look again - was it lifted from you?

THIS IS NOT A HOAX. This is happening to women everywhere every night.

WARN YOUR FRIENDS!

P.S. Last year I thought some one had stolen my Boobs. I was lying in bed and they were gone! But when I jumped out of bed, I was relieved to see that they had just been hiding in my armpits as I slept. Now I keep them hidden in my waistband.

Thought this was too important to not pass on &#9829;

Just thought you should be warned &#9829; &#9829; &#9829;

A little long, but Im pretty sure your laughing &#9829; d
Friends
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85302 Feb 5, 2013
Boomers aging worse than past generation, report suggests

Only 13 percent of boomers report 'excellent health,' compared to 32 percent of the earlier generation at that age

http://www.nbcnews.com/id/50698468/ns/health-...

hmmm are they talking about Arthur? haha
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85303 Feb 5, 2013
From yesterday:

The Troggs frontman Reg Presley dies at 71

The Troggs - Wild Thing
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85304 Feb 5, 2013
Interesting murder mystery ...

Black Dahlia Murder Case Gets New Life After Dog Smells Death Scent At Suspect's Home

A specially trained dog is helping to breathe new life into the Black Dahlia case that has gone unsolved since 1947.

On Friday, the San Bernardino Sun reported that author Steve Hodel teamed up with retired police Sgt. Paul Dostie and Buster, a Labrador retriever trained to detect the smell of human decomposition.
The trio searched the basement of Hodel's father, George Hill Hodel, a Los Angeles doctor who, the author believes, is the Black Dahlia killer.

On January 15, 1947, 22-year-old Elizabeth Short, known as the Black Dahlia, was discovered brutally murdered in a vacant lot near the intersection of 39th Street and Norton Avenue in South Los Angeles.

The Daily Mail reports that Short's body was severed at the waist and completely drained of blood. Her face was slashed at the corners of her mouth and she had multiple cuts on her thigh and breasts, where entire portions of flesh had been removed.

She was washed and her body was posed with her hands over her head and legs spread.

In November, Buster "alerted" at several locations in the basement of Dr. Hodel's Hollywood mansion. Soil samples have been sent away for lab testing to determine if there are traces of Short's remains.

NBC Los Angeles reports that Hodel had been the principal suspect in the Black Dahlia investigation. Detectives had even planted a bug in the house to listen for incriminating admissions. But before authorities brought charges, Dr. Hodel abandoned his family and relocated to Asia.

The doctor's son believes Hodel killed Short after their romance turned ugly, according to the Daily Beast, which also notes that the doctor's son also lists poor detective work and his father's connections for reasons why no charges were ever brought against the doctor.

The author has been researching the case since his dad died in 1999.

He told the Daily Beast that, in one of the conversations picked up by a police wire tap, Dr. Hodel is heard speaking to an unidentified visitor. During the conversation he said, "Supposin' I did kill the Black Dahlia. They couldn't prove it now. They can't talk to my secretary because she's dead."

Police investigated Hodel as a possible suspect in his secretary’s poisoning, but no charges were ever filed.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/02/04/blac...
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#85305 Feb 5, 2013
That was funny betty. I hope you all have a great evening. I might check back later and catch my favs.

Go UK, C-A-T-S, CATS, CATS, CATS!!!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#85307 Feb 5, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
This dog with a human face looks wise beyond his years
They came in the night. One evening Tonik was a sweet, fluffy little poodle-Shih-Tzu mix. The next, his soft tufts of puppy fur and wet, canine-like snout had been replaced with a withered, 85-year-old nose and the sad eyes of an old man. THE DOG WAS IMPLANTED WITH HUMAN FACE! This pup up for adoption in Mishawaka, Ind., has been eliciting shouts from Twitter today as its cute, if creepy, mug makes its way around the Internet. "*FREAKS OUT,*" "Invasion of the Bodysnatchers anyone?" "KILL IT WITH FIRE," "WHYYYYY" and so forth. We don't know why. Like a cross-species Benjamin Button, it just is.[Source]
http://now.msn.com/dog-with-human-face-tonik-...
haha
He's adorable. I hope that he gets adopted into a good home.

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#85308 Feb 5, 2013
What a precious face he has!! Can you imagine teaching it commands and the looks you'd get? ROFLMBO!!! I would take it in a heartbeat, but I don't think they'll have trouble adopting him out. Not with that cute little mug of his. They'd probably choose someone much younger than me anyway, hehe..

Thanks for the share. That was awesome!!

Hope you're all having a good night! My day was fantastic! Had too much for dinner though, I splurged because I'm tried of these sugar plunges. So I don't know how much longer I can hang tonight. I'm getting sleepy, LOL.
:)

#85309 Feb 5, 2013
Abeliever wrote:
From yesterday:
The Troggs frontman Reg Presley dies at 71
The Troggs - Wild Thing
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =z9DVJE_bhVUXX
Noooooooo!! Sorry to hear that!
The Troggs were from back in my day..
:(

Location hidden

#85310 Feb 5, 2013
betty wrote:
too funny!!!!!!!!!!
Some of you may have already been warned of this.....
You've heard about people who have been abducted and had their kidneys removed by black-market organ thieves.
My thighs were stolen from me during the night a few years ago.. I went to sleep and woke up with someone else's thighs. It was just that quick. The replacements had the texture of cooked oatmeal. Whose thighs were these and what happened to mine?
I spent the entire summer looking for my thighs.
Finally, hurt and angry, I resigned myself to living out my life in jeans. And then the thieves struck again.
My bum was next. I knew it was the same gang, because they took pains to match my new rear-end to the thighs they had stuck me with earlier.
But my new bum was attached at least three inches lower than my original! I realized I'd have to give up my jeans in favour of long skirts.
Two years ago I realized my arms had been switched.
One morning I was drying my hair and was horrified to see the flesh of my upper arm swing to and fro with the motion of the hairbrush. This was really getting scary - my body was being replaced one section at a time.
What could they do to me next?
When my poor neck suddenly disappeared and was replaced with a turkey neck, I decided to tell my story. Women of the world wake up and smell the coffee! Those 'plastic ' surgeons are using REAL replacement body parts -stolen from you and me! The next time someone you know has something 'lifted', look again - was it lifted from you?
THIS IS NOT A HOAX. This is happening to women everywhere every night.
WARN YOUR FRIENDS!
P.S. Last year I thought some one had stolen my Boobs. I was lying in bed and they were gone! But when I jumped out of bed, I was relieved to see that they had just been hiding in my armpits as I slept. Now I keep them hidden in my waistband.
Thought this was too important to not pass on &#9829;
Just thought you should be warned &#9829; &#9829; &#9829;
A little long, but Im pretty sure your laughing &#9829; d
Friends
I have never laughed so much. Hey, Betty. What can I do to help your neighbor out. I tried to e-mail you, but I screwed it up...as usual.

#85311 Feb 5, 2013
While we're back in that time:
"Build Me Up Buttercup"
The Foundations

"Crimson And Clover"
Tommy James and the Shondells
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Location hidden

#85312 Feb 5, 2013
I'm getting sleepy too, but after last night, I'm afraid to go to sleep. I sleepwalk at night, especially if I am under stress. Well, last night I apparently got out of bed and went into the kitchen. I opened the dishwasher door and promptly did a backflip onto the door, broke the door, and flopped on to the floor from there. My back has been killing me all day. Hubby came running in when he heard the bang, and thought for sure that it was hospital time again. I told him, "not on your life." I spent too much time in that creepy place last spring and summer. Good thing I have a hard head, anyway.

Location hidden

#85313 Feb 5, 2013
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
While we're back in that time:
"Build Me Up Buttercup"
The Foundations
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =iol0B-clFFMXX
"Crimson And Clover"
Tommy James and the Shondells
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
How in the heck did they get old so fast LOL. I still can't believe that time has flown by so quickly. I'd love another go round in life. I have few regrets, and even in the bumpy times, I've generally been happy. But if I could ever have another chance knowing what I know now, I'd have spent less time working and more time smelling the flowers.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#85314 Feb 5, 2013
Tough to do any male bonding on here LOL Where is Hempburn when you need him?

Location hidden

#85315 Feb 5, 2013
Good night everyone. Hope everybody has sweet dreams and a sunshine heart in the morning. Love and prayers to all. Lala

#85316 Feb 5, 2013
Oglala wrote:
I'm getting sleepy too, but after last night, I'm afraid to go to sleep. I sleepwalk at night, especially if I am under stress. Well, last night I apparently got out of bed and went into the kitchen. I opened the dishwasher door and promptly did a backflip onto the door, broke the door, and flopped on to the floor from there. My back has been killing me all day. Hubby came running in when he heard the bang, and thought for sure that it was hospital time again. I told him, "not on your life." I spent too much time in that creepy place last spring and summer. Good thing I have a hard head, anyway.
Gosh, Lala! I'm sure you back IS hurting!! Tell hubby to lock you two in the bedroom from now on!! Put a doorbell on it if you need to pee and get up sleepwalking, that way he can let you out!!!

Take care of yourself!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr wtf 20,485
Sheriff Charles Fuzzy Keesee 3 hr Heart broken father 62
Larry Webster County Court Clerk (Mar '14) 3 hr A real man 22
Christian Fellowship Church 4 hr whocares 2
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr dollarsbill 132,148
I Love Music, Any Kinda Music (Dec '13) 4 hr Musikologist 3,566
Have any coal miner's heard from Mitch McConnell? 5 hr Down and out in P... 153
Pikeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pikeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pikeville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:22 pm PST

NBC Sports12:22PM
Gano eager for another chance vs. Falcons - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 4:53 AM
Panthers coach and family replaced gifts for break-in victims
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"
Bleacher Report 9:00 PM
Carolina Panthers vs. Atlanta Falcons: Complete Week 17 Preview for Carolina