Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Comments
71,281 - 71,300 of 81,594 Comments Last updated Wednesday
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

I have threatened to leave a few times, but it does sometimes get lonely here too and there are some nice people on here. Persistency has even shown me and some others that it is better to be nice and as best that I can, I will keep on keeping on.

I think since the riddle has been solved, maybe I can get back to sleep. So here is my Topix E-hug ((())). Good Night and GOD BLESS and keep you and yours... It could be that the Misty Eyes have washed the darkness of the Raven away from your door and sent it back to Edgar Allen Poe.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

lover girl 2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
RAY PRICE - For The Good Times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =phLlo_t-z-UXX
Good Night Ancient Wolf!!
Thanks for the link. I will make that my bedtime song and Good Night to you as well.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

cautionary tale #405

DO NOT!!!....... eat an activia yogurt and then go directly to sleep unless you want to wake up a few hours later feeling like your intestines are trying to beat their way to freedom.

school is canceled and im waiting for a call back from my besty to find out weather she is calling in or im still watching the munchkins today.... hope i at least get my nephew or i may have to build snow men myself to keep from dieing of boredom.

been up since five, already did the dishes i slacked on last night, folded the laundry i stashed in a closet weds night, mopped the kitchen and filed my taxes.

now im just bored.
betty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Misty Eyed wrote:
<quoted text> Owee. Bananas and hot peppers. Braiding that hair... I'm trying to grow mine again. I got my man some pacman pj's . Hehe. Bet those are a hoot. Ol Wolf got those bananas on his Jammie's also. Wonder if it's a hidden code thing.Hehehe. I'll have to find a pair of bananas and peppers for my partner, when he's home;) ;)
i would love to cut it but hubby forbade me....once it hits my bum its going... maybe another three four months.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha, that was old man winter I was talking about in an above post. He was whistling when he blew through here. lol Wish I had your wood stove or my old fireplace I use to have. haha
No you would not, that would mean you would have to get up several times and go stoke the fire and hope some other restless soul was on Topix to chat with. But if the electric goes out, then I will be the lucky one.

EVERY ROSE HAS A THORN!!! lol

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Raven/Misty!! Here's a late but very sincere welcome back!! I was certainly hoping that the negatives during that time hadn't chased you off. And it was during Storm Sandy wasn't it, where we chatted for so long that night? Or has my mind finally slipped? I seem to remember Blueminer popping in to tell us he was in a WalMart(?) parking lot, hunkered down for the night and he was seeing the flash of transformers sparking everywhere...

I'm also pleased to hear that your honey is safe out there on the road.. If I remember correctly, you were hoping for him to return in time for the Holiday back then, right?

It appears that maybe, just maybe, this thread has turned into what it once was and we can all converse with minimal quarrels and rude insertions directed toward a few of us. We've done our best to keep the nastiness down.. I can only hope that this continues.

Anyway, I hope you didn't loose your power. It's bad out there today too. Coffee is my main stable. If power goes out here, I'll be building a campfire in the grill to boil water, even if it took burning boxes and such, hehe. There's no doubt in my mind. I have a bug out camp coffee pot mess kit. You just never know, LOL!

Again, WELCOME BACK!!!
:)
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

(But you can't smell the sweet aroma without taking a chance on getting stuck).
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

@Nope.. You don't need a bug out coffee pot search. Just boil the coffee in a stew pan and add a little cold water when it is done and the grounds will sink to the bottom or you can spit them through your teeth, LOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Good morning to you as well, AW. My dog babies have already been out.

I'm sad to report though that AB's wonder recipe couldn't stand up to the elements over night. It's just too frigid But thankfully, it was only one of my baby's who had a problem getting back up after 'doodie' called at 6:00 a.m. They made it down with no problem, but one lost it's footing on the way back up and was stuck midway coming back up...

So I had to do the hover rescue again.(I.E., the sling around the belly, lift and support the hind legs as my dear dog baby used it's front paws to help me get it back up to the top. MAN, my feet were frozen.

(It happened as I was still barefoot. Ran out there without a second thought of my own protection from the elements. My feet still are still a little bit on fire from the frigid cold and ice).

I've made a new batch of the wonder recipe and this time I used everything else but also added in some Listerine and a cup full of table salt dissolved in it. As soon as I get enough Java in my belly, I'll head out and pour this concoction down to see it it can hold up. If not, I'll string a danged blow dryer up with an extension cord and blow what moisture that I can away... If that doesn't work, I'll just go out with them today every time 'doodie' calls, just in case.

It's that left behind liquid thats refreezing within mere minutes. You can almost watch it harden up before your eyes on those wooden deck steps.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

THE SUN IS PEEKING OUT!! There's hope for this day yet!! Maybe we'll hit a balmy 20 degrees after all??? As of now my outdoor thermometer is only topped out at 12... Brrrrr, I say. Just plain BRRRRRRRR.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
@Nope.. You don't need a bug out coffee pot search. Just boil the coffee in a stew pan and add a little cold water when it is done and the grounds will sink to the bottom or you can spit them through your teeth, LOL
I'll use my bug out pot, hehe. It's just like one of the old style ones with that metal filter pan on a stem. A true 'drip percolator' that not many these days still use. No doubt that if I put it on the stove it would probably beat this expensive 'vanity' Keurig K-cup brewer, hands down..
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Good Morning. If I ran out in my barefeet with the blood thinner that I take, they might thaw out by next August. lol Luckily I don't have any wooden steps or any steps at all. My walk path is just broken up pieces of creek rock that I have placed between landscape timbers. It would have to get really icy to make those small pieces of rocks slick. Plus I keep rubber boots with treads sitting right by my back door along with my bibs, carhart coat, and hat. I just throw all that on over my indoor clothes. I gave my snow shovel away.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll use my bug out pot, hehe. It's just like one of the old style ones with that metal filter pan on a stem. A true 'drip percolator' that not many these days still use. No doubt that if I put it on the stove it would probably beat this expensive 'vanity' Keurig K-cup brewer, hands down..
During the last long power outtage I boiled my coffee in a pan on the wood stove then just poured the results through the Mr. Coffee.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Have a good morning. I need to go feed the chickens and bring in more wood.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Abeliever wrote:
<quoted text>
Mixed my Dawn anti-freezing bucket and treated my steps, driveway, and sidewalk as soon as it was covered with that white stuff and the temps/wind was starting to freeze up. You didn't go out and buy little Biscuit a doggie sweater did you? lol
No AB, didn't buy him a sweater but he does have a floor full of toys for me to step on. This morning little biscuit lifted his leg to pee for the first time,, my baby is growing up, he's a man now,,.lol. He is no longer a squater. Sniff, sniff they grow up so fast. Oh, his weight has doubled, the vet weighted him in at 9 pounds yesterday.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Ancient Wolf wrote:
Have a good morning. I need to go feed the chickens and bring in more wood.
Mine are already out and eating their hot oatmeal. It's so easy to make in the nuke-o-wave. Quick oats and water, with yummies added to cool it down. I hope they get their gullets full before it freezes into a large clump of stiff paste.. It usually doesn't last that long though, LOL! If there are leftovers, I have a few smart squirrels that have caught on to where warm vittles have been served..

This morning they got strewn aside parrot seeds in it with some cat crunchies plus the leftover veggies from dinner last night. Had to put some pretty warm water in the 'outside the coop' drinking water bowl.
(Thankfully I have a small flock, so it's not breaking the bank to give them these goodies. They seem to love it, and that's all that matters to me, hehe. Happy hens = nice, big, orange yolked eggs).

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Hempburn wrote:
<quoted text>
No AB, didn't buy him a sweater but he does have a floor full of toys for me to step on. This morning little biscuit lifted his leg to pee for the first time,, my baby is growing up, he's a man now,,.lol. He is no longer a squater. Sniff, sniff they grow up so fast. Oh, his weight has doubled, the vet weighted him in at 9 pounds yesterday.
Awwwwwwww! He's hit puppy puberty!!
<<clapping hands for little Biscuit>>!!

(Even my SMALLEST dog baby is over 50 pounds. LOL. I don't waste time or money buying any small bags of crunchies around here, to say the least)!!

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Good morning everyone. Looks like everybody is chatting up a storm, and I missed out on the good conversation. But alas, I have a friend in Maine who is going through some emotional turmoil and I've been on the phone with her for hours at a time. It is COLD out there this morning. This weather is freaky. I really need spring to arrive so I can go outdoors and walk for exercise. My muscles have deteriorated into a mass of flab since I've been sick. Hate that. Plus gravity is doing its work on my aging body. Have another doctor appointment this afternoon. I'll pop in from time to time today.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Good morning bird threaders. It is a whopping 7 degrees here. Sun is shining bright and I have not even opened my door. I think I will wait until I have my last cup of java before I venture out to throw all my bread, cornbread, stale rolls etc out to the birds and see if my fat gray tom is out waiting for food and fresh water (probably has ice in his bowl).

Hope everyone is staying warm. I am going back to read up where I left off. Anxious to see if misty eyed was the correct answer of our mystery last night.

BRB

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Awwwwwwww! He's hit puppy puberty!!
<<clapping hands for little Biscuit>>!!
(Even my SMALLEST dog baby is over 50 pounds. LOL. I don't waste time or money buying any small bags of crunchies around here, to say the least)!!
I have outside dogs that refuse to come in. They have build up winter coats and can get in some of the barns if they want to. My lab is well over 100 pounds, and the other two are about 50-60 pounds. Stein is the smallest at about 30 pounds, but he thinks he's one of the big guys and rules the roost. He stays inside and pretends to guard the family.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 12 min Dale 151,085
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 22 min truth 1,205
Word Association (Aug '11) 26 min Jennifer Renee 4,947
Is Fuzztown for real or what??? 26 min greasybabe 7
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 27 min Jen 21,399
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 36 min Curious 130,466
What Happened At The Conn Law Office? (Nov '13) 57 min Brenda 10
pikeville medical center affairs (Apr '13) 7 hr naughty nurse 94
pikeville attorneys 18 hr greasybabe 10
•••
•••

Pikeville Jobs

•••