Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81690 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

additude666

Lawrenceburg, KY

#74877 Nov 14, 2012
It's the weather.Tree out front is always FULL of birds every year except this past summer.We had a VERY hot and dry summer(2012).It was finally quiet out there.I didn't have throw my fire crackers into it.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#74879 Nov 14, 2012
Dang, two Humpaburn reports just alike. Cool.
raven

United States

#74880 Nov 14, 2012
As low as 25 degrees last night . The birds keep singing though as it's getting warmer. We had a beautiful starlit sky last night. Too cold to stargaze though. Been thinking about relocating to Bowling Green. Don't know. Everyone have a nice day. I need to keep busy for a while. Sure had a restless night.
Jacky

Baird, TX

#74882 Nov 14, 2012
hhj wrote:
Have any of you people heard about those sounds that have been heard all over the world? Totally freaky. Google it. It sounds almost musical, coming from the sky. Its real. Something is going on in the world. Something bad. Think about all the strange things that have happened in the last year.
The birds falling from the sky.
The fish dying and washing up onshore at so many places.
The "zombie"/ cannibal attacks that are blamed on bath salts.
All the hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, hurricanes, and so many earthquakes.
The trumpet sound from the sky.
And so much more!
Theyre warnings people. Stop with the science crap. It may make you feel better but the truth still stands. Science and the government cant cover everything, they can only try.
Don't know what it could be, but something definitively going on. this past summer ,coming out of the gro store I became aware of a strange noise I couldn't identify. It seemed to be in the atmosphere and everywhere, but way off or up high. Like nothing I'v ever heard before. If had to try, I'd say strange winds.
First I though it might be noise from the interstate traffic but as I listened, I knew it wasn't coming from there.
I looked for someone to come out of the store so I could ask them if they could hear it, but no one did, so I left. Now I am always listing for it again. It was really weird.
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#74884 Nov 14, 2012
Glad to see so many joining the "chit chat club" as they liked to call it. Still see we have a daily mention of BIRDS. lol

My birds were singing up a storm despite the chill this morning. Now they are devouring my bread, bagels, and rolls I tossed on the hillside. Gave the bunnies all my salad scraps, celery, carrots, lettuce etc..they love them. The leader has yet to venture to my porch like last year. It sure was a beautiful clear, starry night last night. Got home late. It was frosty.

I see the broom sweep the dirt last night. But they keep trying.

Good day to you Ancient Wolf, Hempburn, lala and all the decent posters. Haters, not so much.

:)
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#74885 Nov 14, 2012
Jacky wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know what it could be, but something definitively going on. this past summer ,coming out of the gro store I became aware of a strange noise I couldn't identify. It seemed to be in the atmosphere and everywhere, but way off or up high. Like nothing I'v ever heard before. If had to try, I'd say strange winds.
First I though it might be noise from the interstate traffic but as I listened, I knew it wasn't coming from there.
I looked for someone to come out of the store so I could ask them if they could hear it, but no one did, so I left. Now I am always listing for it again. It was really weird.
We discussed those weird noises that were heard, recorded, and reported across the globe. It sounded really creepy. Glad I didn't hear it. Watching the Chemspraying is bad enough. There is much going on we are not being told about but is being reported thanks to videos and the wide world web. It could be HAARP that is responsible for that noise. We may never know.

CNN was reporting a UFO in Denver videotaped yesterday and last month's in Kentucky. You can search with the headlines of most media and see the videos. I would post them like I use to but some have complained to the mods that it is spam and gets them deleted. They are not copyright violations as most have share, email, like, Facebook, etc and encourage you to do so. There are those like the AP that have ALL RIGHTS RESERVED and you have to seek permission to reprint etc.. material. Anyway, search it and see how they explain, or not what was videotaped.

November 13, 2012
UFO filmed by news station in Denver
An amateur astronomer was stumped when he saw an object in the sky that he says wasn't an airplane or helicopter.

Oct 25 2012
UFO spotted over Kentucky

They could be top secret used in conjunction with HAARP/Chempspraying or some type of military spy equipment. You never know. They will tell you little to avoid panic I guess.

Have a great day!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#74886 Nov 14, 2012
power naps on a cool day are nice. Now if I could just teach the rooster to not crow outside my window. I bet he wanted to come in the house and share the dogs quilt. LOL
raven

United States

#74888 Nov 14, 2012
43deg.today. Looks like we're going to have another cold night. Afternoon naps I feel are better than evening ones. They leave me feeling worse than I did when I lay down. Sat. & Sun. are the only days I can get em in. My partner says he never wants to raise roosters , hens only. I said, they're nature's alarm clock. Hey. Boy, it's rough having a city slicker when you're country to the soul;)
momof3

Hopkinsville, KY

#74889 Nov 14, 2012
??
raven

United States

#74890 Nov 14, 2012
It's a joke between us that he's the city slicker and I' m his country girl.He hates roosters, despises them because they do crow. I can easily ignore them. The fewer you have, the less noise. He hates the smell of cows, but they have to poop somewhere. He constantly criticizes big families because we like to have get together s.The list is small...I love him though and that's all that matters...Just a crotchety Ol Bird...hehehe.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#74891 Nov 14, 2012
Just got in. No birds. Maybe they're too cold. Maybe Aliens took 'em. lol
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#74894 Nov 14, 2012
raven wrote:
43deg.today. Looks like we're going to have another cold night. Afternoon naps I feel are better than evening ones. They leave me feeling worse than I did when I lay down. Sat. & Sun. are the only days I can get em in. My partner says he never wants to raise roosters , hens only. I said, they're nature's alarm clock. Hey. Boy, it's rough having a city slicker when you're country to the soul;)
City Slickers do not know that hens without a rooster are in trouble. It is a rooster's job to alert the hens to danger from varmits so that they can take cover and to forage for food. The rooster will find goodies to eat and then point it out to the hens and will not eat until after the hens do. Very much a gentleman. When a rooster crows it is a sign that all is well. They have a totally different sound when all is not well.
raven

United States

#74898 Nov 14, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
City Slickers do not know that hens without a rooster are in trouble. It is a rooster's job to alert the hens to danger from varmits so that they can take cover and to forage for food. The rooster will find goodies to eat and then point it out to the hens and will not eat until after the hens do. Very much a gentleman. When a rooster crows it is a sign that all is well. They have a totally different sound when all is not well.
I have to say I get attacked often without the Ol Cock around. He struts his stuff and is respectful. Just a controlling sort. But likes to feed his hen and chicks...Haha. I remember growing up, I would notice the roosters making peculiar cawing sounds. Thank you,Mr.Wolf ;)
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#74901 Nov 14, 2012
raven wrote:
<quoted text> I have to say I get attacked often without the Ol Cock around. He struts his stuff and is respectful. Just a controlling sort. But likes to feed his hen and chicks...Haha. I remember growing up, I would notice the roosters making peculiar cawing sounds. Thank you,Mr.Wolf ;)
But that is not to say that when the rooster finds something to eat and points it out to the hens and when they bend down to partake, he gets his reward for a job well done hehehehe and that is the problem with the human rooster. Most often they want the reward without doing the job. LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#74905 Nov 14, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
But that is not to say that when the rooster finds something to eat and points it out to the hens and when they bend down to partake, he gets his reward for a job well done hehehehe and that is the problem with the human rooster. Most often they want the reward without doing the job. LOL
Getting a little rowdy there I see. You and dog really need to take a break and get off of the ranch for a couple of hours or so. LOL.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#74910 Nov 14, 2012
Stem cell hamburgers. Yea I know you had to read it again.. Stem Cell Hamburgers,,, investors are looking into this with big money invested, as meat demands will double in the next forty years. Stem cell burgers could be an economical means of quickly producing a tasty test tube angus delight,, yummy. Even chicken,, sort of..

Have a good evening,,,,, trolls, not so much.
mercy

Morehead, KY

#74911 Nov 14, 2012
yummy..
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#74912 Nov 14, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting a little rowdy there I see. You and dog really need to take a break and get off of the ranch for a couple of hours or so. LOL.
We will go out next Wednesday to the Dollar Store.LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#74913 Nov 14, 2012
Hempburn wrote:
Stem cell hamburgers. Yea I know you had to read it again.. Stem Cell Hamburgers,,, investors are looking into this with big money invested, as meat demands will double in the next forty years. Stem cell burgers could be an economical means of quickly producing a tasty test tube angus delight,, yummy. Even chicken,, sort of..
Have a good evening,,,,, trolls, not so much.
More to be Thankful for. It is highly unlikely that I will be around in forty years to contribute to the food shortage.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#74914 Nov 14, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
More to be Thankful for. It is highly unlikely that I will be around in forty years to contribute to the food shortage.
Me likely not either, but maybe it will come sooner and we can step up to the counter to order a double decker stemcell burger with side of recycled french fried soy sticks and tall dark synthetic jave with slice of seaweed pie constitute,, so hang in there AW.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vote out PCAGW 4 min Fake Success 19
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min usa 151,713
Gals at Bank 253 15 min Skanky not class 7
7.5 million grant 17 min Ashwolf54 6
nugent not selling 1 hr shame on YOO 141
Vote for Trump is a vote for Jesus!!!! 1 hr learn hebrew 17
Pikeville MSHA Office (Jul '15) 2 hr Coyote 83

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance