Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,677

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
Western

Russellville, KY

#74795 Nov 13, 2012
I really enjoy reading the posts on this thread now. It was hard before with all the hate being thrown around. I would just glance at it before to see if anything was new. Now I can't help but read and be reminded of all the good times back years ago when things were simple. Like watching our parents and grandparents work so hard for what seems so simple today. Chopping wood. Eating what you had grown. Tending live stock. Staying warm. Cooking. Though the hard times are nearly gone it isn't easy letting them go.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#74796 Nov 13, 2012
Going out into the cold! Brrr
raven

Evansdale, IA

#74797 Nov 13, 2012
I'm a firm believer that processed foods, hormones growth drugs in animals and packaged tobacco that's preserved are the reasons for cancer. Smokong and salt curing were the main ways to preserve food years ago. Fruits and beats are natural sweeteners. The Native Americans used their peace pipes, but all was natural. When you buy your food from a store, you don't always know how it was raised, if and what chemicals were used. I try to by organic. Sometimes I feel like it's defeating the purpose- a healthier diet- because we really don't know about our food. It's best if you can to have a small plot of a garden and animals:)
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#74800 Nov 13, 2012
I poured my lawn mower gas in the truck and made it to the station and bought enough to get back out of here for the next Sunday Go-to-meeting day.

Stopped at the little local market and spent the rest of my portfolio on some balogna for me and dog to have before Thanksgiving Day. Since payday is the day before TG, I will buy some Jack Mackerel and mould it to look like a turkey. Life is Good. So much to be Thankful for. At least me and dog are not pushing up daises....yet.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#74801 Nov 13, 2012
*daisies
raven

Evansdale, IA

#74802 Nov 13, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I poured my lawn mower gas in the truck and made it to the station and bought enough to get back out of here for the next Sunday Go-to-meeting day.
Stopped at the little local market and spent the rest of my portfolio on some balogna for me and dog to have before Thanksgiving Day. Since payday is the day before TG, I will buy some Jack Mackerel and mould it to look like a turkey. Life is Good. So much to be Thankful for. At least me and dog are not pushing up daises....yet.
My children and will be alone for TD...yet, you are right if we can be happy with what is and not some grande scheme of things life is good.Too much is taken for granted and once something comes along and knocks sense into us then it's realized. I gave my old mower fuel to a brother in need. And I'm pretty sure it won't be daisies you'll be pushing up...but roses. Hehe. I sure like your style;) Simplicity at it's best. Happiness in an abundance.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

FARTSBURG

#74804 Nov 13, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I'm hoping my sister will feel sorry for me again this year and invite me out to her place for Thanksgiving dinner again. Her two daughter usually cook up a big spread. I guess I should call her and begin to tell her, that I really didn't mean to chase her with spider webs on a stick when we were kids, toss her cats into the creek, throw a 5 gallon bucket of ice cold spring water on her and our cousin while they were asleep under the Sun, on a quilt and stuff like that. That was a long sentence. Whew!!!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#74805 Nov 13, 2012
raven wrote:
<quoted text> My children and will be alone for TD...yet, you are right if we can be happy with what is and not some grande scheme of things life is good.Too much is taken for granted and once something comes along and knocks sense into us then it's realized. I gave my old mower fuel to a brother in need. And I'm pretty sure it won't be daisies you'll be pushing up...but roses. Hehe. I sure like your style;) Simplicity at it's best. Happiness in an abundance.
I think I'll go with the Daisies too. Dang those rose briars hurt. Most likely it will be Belladonna for me. Maybe AW will get some Wolfbane.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#74806 Nov 13, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I think I'll go with the Daisies too. Dang those rose briars hurt. Most likely it will be Belladonna for me. Maybe AW will get some Wolfbane.
I was thinking more in terms of pushing up dandelions and aggravating every one. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#74807 Nov 13, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm hoping my sister will feel sorry for me again this year and invite me out to her place for Thanksgiving dinner again. Her two daughter usually cook up a big spread. I guess I should call her and begin to tell her, that I really didn't mean to chase her with spider webs on a stick when we were kids, toss her cats into the creek, throw a 5 gallon bucket of ice cold spring water on her and our cousin while they were asleep under the Sun, on a quilt and stuff like that. That was a long sentence. Whew!!!
I am hoping that everyone just leave's me be. I don't really want to go to someone else's house and eat too much and then sit around watching sports on tv or see some old guy laying back in his recliner snoozing and watching the hair sticking out of his nose every time he snores.
Cleaner

Addison, IL

#74808 Nov 13, 2012
The bad birds were eating all the corn. Pops was trying to fix the corn picker, it took a while. Days- my bro planted the corn right. The birds came
- I did something about it. The cattle need the corn.
Judas

Evansdale, IA

#74809 Nov 13, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I was thinking more in terms of pushing up dandelions and aggravating every one. LOL
Hehehe. Just let me know where you live...Dandelion wine, dandelion tea. Won't have to buy or dig it up. LOL
Judas

Evansdale, IA

#74810 Nov 13, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
I am hoping that everyone just leave's me be. I don't really want to go to someone else's house and eat too much and then sit around watching sports on tv or see some old guy laying back in his recliner snoozing and watching the hair sticking out of his nose every time he snores.
Or bending over and exposing their crack which is wickedly funny. Haha.
Abeliever

Vine Grove, KY

#74811 Nov 13, 2012
Busy day. Hope you had a good one. Checking email, facebook and topix then off to eat dinner at O'Charley's and to friends to watch UK play at 930. Hope you have a warm evening and don't forget about the Total solar eclipse, it is last until 2015. They are live streaming it on several sites like NASA etc...

Seen this headline too. Along with solar flares hitting Earth we have space junk too? lol

Space junk to come crashing down
Global warming may cause satellites to fall back to Earth.

So hope you all have a great evening. May check in later if it's not too late.

GO UK!!!!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#74812 Nov 13, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
That would be my pot gutted brother in law kicked back in the recliner. LOL. I go in the room where there is no tv. I agree sports suck. I really don't over eat, but I usually manage to bring some food home.
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#74813 Nov 13, 2012
I have nothing against sports in particular and sports are okay for those that want to be a spectator. But as for me, if I can't participate why watch someone else ?

I just think that people get too over focused on some ball game that is going to be History in just a couple of hours. Some people are still talking games that happened years ago. They are worse about that than I am about the Civil War. LOL

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

FARTSBURG

#74815 Nov 13, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I have nothing against sports in particular and sports are okay for those that want to be a spectator. But as for me, if I can't participate why watch someone else ?
I just think that people get too over focused on some ball game that is going to be History in just a couple of hours. Some people are still talking games that happened years ago. They are worse about that than I am about the Civil War. LOL
Most sport events last to long and become boring. I can kind of tolerate basketball and bikini clad ladies playing volleyball. Lol. Since I am so hated anyway, UK sucks. I haven't lost anything in Lexington and it's WKU all the way for me. I will have to agree, The Civil War is more interesting.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#74816 Nov 13, 2012
G.I. Joe, war hero. He saved over 150 British troops from being bombed during the war against Germany with harldy five minutes to spare. He was one of the last remaining carrior pigeons.

Have a good evening,,,,, trolls, not so much.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#74817 Nov 13, 2012
Hemp's Historicals:
President Lincoln's son Robert Todd Lincoln was saved from falling under a train by famous actor Edwin Booth.... A few months later, Edwin Booth's brother John Wilks Booth, would assassinate President Lincoln. Oddly,,Lincoln invited Grant and his wife to join he and Mrs. Lincoln in Washington. Mrs. Grant didn't particularly Mrs. Lincoln,, so they declined the offer. Had they gone to Washington, they likely would have been there that night, preventing the Lincolns from going to the Ford's theator
do little

Salyersville, KY

#74822 Nov 13, 2012
so its a bird

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 6 min Ex-Democrat for M... 12,215
Hobby Lobby will not be here long. 57 min herpn 57
David miller 1 hr Quote 7
David Lester is an idiot 2 hr Thought you knew 4
Walter and Pam May Supporting Jimmy Carter for ... 2 hr Thought you knew 25
McConnell can't run on the issues . 3 hr Thought you knew 5
grimes hates coal 4 hr Thought you knew 21
What is the reason that the BOE elections are s... 7 hr voter 26
Judge (Apr '14) 11 hr truth out 39
Wal-Mart Greeter 21 hr Truth 10
Pikeville Dating
Find my Match

Pikeville Jobs