Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81697 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

W KY Girl

Whitewater, WI

#74863 Nov 13, 2012
raven wrote:
<quoted text> Hillbilllies don't get excused from their behavior. It's horrible that the couple had to suffer through such a terrible act:( It's strange how sports and fanaticism go hand in hand. They're are lucky to be alive and not maimed for life.
True. The guy on the hood was very lucky he wasn't badly injured or killed. They said the boy was laughing while he was doing it. He is waaaay overdue for an attitude adjustment.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#74864 Nov 13, 2012
raven wrote:
<quoted text> O gosh. I think, I need the dozer. Hehehe. Everything falls apart eventually, Una.
True. I think I'm well on the way too. LOL. I'm about to join my Poodle, she is really knocking out some Z's. Good night all.
raven

United States

#74865 Nov 13, 2012
If a young person is convicted of domestic violence( not trying to excuse drunken youth here) , he or she will lose the right to carry a weapon. Now, one case scenarios where the perp just gets in a fight with his brother and he not his brother goes through a window and he gets arrested. They both had been drinking , and the elder brother tries to intimidate the other. Well, younger brother goes to knock his lights out...All happened to a 19 yr. old who now 16 yrs. later can't carry, but his brother has the right. I believe, the legal requirements are skewed. I know, some would say: he got what he deserves,I think not though.
raven

United States

#74866 Nov 13, 2012
Lights out here. Night to All as well;)
W KY Girl

Whitewater, WI

#74867 Nov 13, 2012
THE UNA FARTER wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, that would be wanton endangerment, attempted vehicular homicide, assault, reckless driving and no telling how many other charges. The first judge was trying to avoid criminal charges for the guy, which would most likely ruin his career. He should be charged just as anyone else is. Being in his position he is considered a role model. I'm sure a lot of young people looked up to him. They don't need to now. For sure on the gun. Every honest citizen should have a concealed weapons permit and carry, for their protection.
Yep. I don't carry a gun but I'm about ready to start. I'm headed to bed too. Gonna feed my dogs so maybe they will be full and sleep all night and not bark like fools. If all the dang critters would be still and quiet out there at night my dogs wouldn't feel the need to carry on near as much! When all the critters around here start in in the middle of the night I have took about a two gallon bucket and set it on the metal patio table and set off a firecracker in it. Sounds like a dang cannon I tell ya! lol Everybody gets quiet for a mile around! LOL I finally blew my bucket up.:(

Goodnite all.
trusted

New Haven, KY

#74868 Nov 13, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Milk the cow first and hope it don't kick the bucket over. Much fun spraying the milk into the cat's face and watch it lick it's chops.
Raise the popcorn, shell it, place in the popper (I still have it) that you hold over the hot coals, then mix it with sorghum molasses and baking soda and make popcorn halls. Thread some popped corn and make Christmas tree decor. A real cedar and not something plastic bought at Walmart.
The smell of cinnamon in a baked apple pie. No need for GLADE or FABREZE. Make some snow cream using Watkin's Vanilla extract. The small country grocery with dusty old cans on the top shelf reached only with a pole grabber. No "best if used by" dates on those cans and we survived. Could be that we just did not eat that many anyways.
You could always count on a big pot of pinto beans and fat back on the wood stove. It stayed on the stove until it was time to make a new pot. Hot cornbread in the warmer which was a metal box that the stove pipe fed through, then buttered up heavily with the real butter that she churned. We never heard anything about clogged arteries.
Oh thanks so much for all these . They bring back so much... For years , snow cream was the only thing I knowed. We washed several times , by the hold silver bowl on the stove. You know it was always warm water though... Those were the days, when you went to bed each night , after setn around talkin and you got up with the chicks, only to work all day .. So much love for people then , I could live that life again. Even with the hog heads , on the screened in back porch, waiting to become sause meat. lol
Georgetown

Toronto, Canada

#74869 Nov 14, 2012
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#74870 Nov 14, 2012
raven wrote:
<quoted text> Maybe, I can put on a good show then. Some concerned older male citizen might take me in and house me in exchange for some duties or something. Ahh. It would be mortifying..LOL
When I bought the old homestead, the makeshift bathroom (we had an outhouse when I lived here as a child) was caving in and raw sewage was going under the house into the crawl space. I had to tear out that whole end of the house that had been added on for the bathroom and take a track hoe and dig out about a foot of earth and raw sewage before I could even start to build back. Obviously, I bought the place cheap. LOL But it is now a nice comfortable cottage with a lot of sweat equity.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#74871 Nov 14, 2012
trusted wrote:
<quoted text> Oh thanks so much for all these . They bring back so much... For years , snow cream was the only thing I knowed. We washed several times , by the hold silver bowl on the stove. You know it was always warm water though... Those were the days, when you went to bed each night , after setn around talkin and you got up with the chicks, only to work all day .. So much love for people then , I could live that life again. Even with the hog heads , on the screened in back porch, waiting to become sause meat. lol
Your back porch was screened? LOL Our's was just a lean-too with a rain barrel and wash tubs and a scrub board. Water either came from the rain barrel or was carried from the creek. Later when we became a bit more modern, we had a gasoline powered wringer washing machine with a kick starter similar to a motorcycle but we still had to carry the water.

That lean-to porch is where the make shift bathroom was located that I talked about in the prior post. I had to tear all that out and rebuild. This place never got electricity until the 1950s and never had running water until the late '60s. Now it even has internet. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#74872 Nov 14, 2012
My Dad had to sell this place when I was a child and it took me over 50 years to get it back. It ain't much but it is mine through a lot of blood, sweat, and tears.
Hempburn

Whitley City, KY

#74873 Nov 14, 2012
Man, I dread scraping off windsheilds and shoveling a path to the jeep but each morning brings a reality check winter is approaching. I've already got the harley on a trickle charger between rides, and fuel conditioner in the mower.

Ok, daylight now, time to check the feeders. Ya'll be nice now,, ya hear.

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#74874 Nov 14, 2012
Cold!! But the birds are going to like the 50's and sun today!

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Location hidden

#74875 Nov 14, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
When I bought the old homestead, the makeshift bathroom (we had an outhouse when I lived here as a child) was caving in and raw sewage was going under the house into the crawl space. I had to tear out that whole end of the house that had been added on for the bathroom and take a track hoe and dig out about a foot of earth and raw sewage before I could even start to build back. Obviously, I bought the place cheap. LOL But it is now a nice comfortable cottage with a lot of sweat equity.
AW, I updated this old shack's plumbing. No more going to the outhouse. I found an empty 5 gallon plastic bucket to use for a thunder mug. I also found and cut out a gallon milk jug, hung it on a nail for a urinal. I don't have to go outside in the cold anymore. I can poop in the inside cold now. I'm moving on up.
additude666

Lawrenceburg, KY

#74877 Nov 14, 2012
It's the weather.Tree out front is always FULL of birds every year except this past summer.We had a VERY hot and dry summer(2012).It was finally quiet out there.I didn't have throw my fire crackers into it.

“TELLING IT LIKE IT IS”

Location hidden

#74879 Nov 14, 2012
Dang, two Humpaburn reports just alike. Cool.
raven

United States

#74880 Nov 14, 2012
As low as 25 degrees last night . The birds keep singing though as it's getting warmer. We had a beautiful starlit sky last night. Too cold to stargaze though. Been thinking about relocating to Bowling Green. Don't know. Everyone have a nice day. I need to keep busy for a while. Sure had a restless night.
Jacky

Baird, TX

#74882 Nov 14, 2012
hhj wrote:
Have any of you people heard about those sounds that have been heard all over the world? Totally freaky. Google it. It sounds almost musical, coming from the sky. Its real. Something is going on in the world. Something bad. Think about all the strange things that have happened in the last year.
The birds falling from the sky.
The fish dying and washing up onshore at so many places.
The "zombie"/ cannibal attacks that are blamed on bath salts.
All the hurricanes, tornadoes, fires, hurricanes, and so many earthquakes.
The trumpet sound from the sky.
And so much more!
Theyre warnings people. Stop with the science crap. It may make you feel better but the truth still stands. Science and the government cant cover everything, they can only try.
Don't know what it could be, but something definitively going on. this past summer ,coming out of the gro store I became aware of a strange noise I couldn't identify. It seemed to be in the atmosphere and everywhere, but way off or up high. Like nothing I'v ever heard before. If had to try, I'd say strange winds.
First I though it might be noise from the interstate traffic but as I listened, I knew it wasn't coming from there.
I looked for someone to come out of the store so I could ask them if they could hear it, but no one did, so I left. Now I am always listing for it again. It was really weird.
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#74884 Nov 14, 2012
Glad to see so many joining the "chit chat club" as they liked to call it. Still see we have a daily mention of BIRDS. lol

My birds were singing up a storm despite the chill this morning. Now they are devouring my bread, bagels, and rolls I tossed on the hillside. Gave the bunnies all my salad scraps, celery, carrots, lettuce etc..they love them. The leader has yet to venture to my porch like last year. It sure was a beautiful clear, starry night last night. Got home late. It was frosty.

I see the broom sweep the dirt last night. But they keep trying.

Good day to you Ancient Wolf, Hempburn, lala and all the decent posters. Haters, not so much.

:)
Abeliever

Campbellsville, KY

#74885 Nov 14, 2012
Jacky wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't know what it could be, but something definitively going on. this past summer ,coming out of the gro store I became aware of a strange noise I couldn't identify. It seemed to be in the atmosphere and everywhere, but way off or up high. Like nothing I'v ever heard before. If had to try, I'd say strange winds.
First I though it might be noise from the interstate traffic but as I listened, I knew it wasn't coming from there.
I looked for someone to come out of the store so I could ask them if they could hear it, but no one did, so I left. Now I am always listing for it again. It was really weird.
We discussed those weird noises that were heard, recorded, and reported across the globe. It sounded really creepy. Glad I didn't hear it. Watching the Chemspraying is bad enough. There is much going on we are not being told about but is being reported thanks to videos and the wide world web. It could be HAARP that is responsible for that noise. We may never know.

CNN was reporting a UFO in Denver videotaped yesterday and last month's in Kentucky. You can search with the headlines of most media and see the videos. I would post them like I use to but some have complained to the mods that it is spam and gets them deleted. They are not copyright violations as most have share, email, like, Facebook, etc and encourage you to do so. There are those like the AP that have ALL RIGHTS RESERVED and you have to seek permission to reprint etc.. material. Anyway, search it and see how they explain, or not what was videotaped.

November 13, 2012
UFO filmed by news station in Denver
An amateur astronomer was stumped when he saw an object in the sky that he says wasn't an airplane or helicopter.

Oct 25 2012
UFO spotted over Kentucky

They could be top secret used in conjunction with HAARP/Chempspraying or some type of military spy equipment. You never know. They will tell you little to avoid panic I guess.

Have a great day!
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#74886 Nov 14, 2012
power naps on a cool day are nice. Now if I could just teach the rooster to not crow outside my window. I bet he wanted to come in the house and share the dogs quilt. LOL

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The White Neo Nazi Rally and Trump 12 min Right Wing Nuts 74
Thank You Laid Off Coal Miners 16 min Trump Failures 22
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 54 min Pikeville Parent 163,728
shelbiana food city guys 1 hr junior 6
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 2 hr Uncle Tom 36,436
Places to RENT in Pikeville? (Jul '10) 3 hr Relocating 172
cheating wife (Oct '16) 3 hr Crazy 42
City commissioners 7 hr Loyd 37
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 10 hr One Eyed Willy 4,445
FBI Transportation Cabinet Version 2017 15 hr A Hillary Deport... 161

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages