Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Jan 5, 2011 Full story: The Cincinnati Enquirer 81,729

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Full Story
DontCare

Frankfort, KY

#74562 Nov 10, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Interesting that the post that was all happy about other's posts being deleted is gone too.
Don't worry, scruffy. You're not that special either. You've had posts removed as well.

Ciao!

“It is what it is, folks!!”

Since: Feb 10

The land of harmony and peace

#74563 Nov 10, 2012
LOL! I think we ALL have. That's no lie..

Oh well. Onward through the fog.....
SYL

Ashland, KY

#74564 Nov 10, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Didn't feel a thing here. But we do live at the top of a very big hill, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it. Wonder if any aftershocks will rattle our bones today? You never know really.
I'm not overly concerned. We've got our supplies ready here in case we loose power, etc. A stash of drinking water and food is already put back and has been, just in case. That's what "prepping" is all about, folks. That's what it's all about....
Do you watch any of the prepping shows on TV? I finely got my husband to watch them. Now ,instead of laughing at me, he's doing a lot of the prepping. LOL!!
Ancient Wolf

Versailles, KY

#74565 Nov 10, 2012
DontCare wrote:
<quoted text>Don't worry, scruffy. You're not that special either. You've had posts removed as well.
Ciao!
I am well aware that i have had posts deleted, but I was not the one all elated because someone else got the axe. Not now, not ever.
Imposter

Hazard, KY

#74566 Nov 10, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Honey, the "eye" ain't got a dang thing to do with it. I've had my own comments come down too, lol.
It is what it is and it ain't what is never was.....
:)
I do agree even though I missed what is gone now.. But so fro it looks like there hasn't been any discrimination when it comes to zaps. No one is being singled out, quite obviously.
Whatever you say toots.

"CLICK"
Ben

Ashland, KY

#74567 Nov 10, 2012
Imposter wrote:
<quoted text>I demand government help....my shack is at least 1/4 more lop-sided thanks to the great quake of eastern Ky.....This day will live in infamy. Coal miners all across the eastern part of the state just crapped their drawers.
Not a chance,the election is over.

#74568 Nov 10, 2012
Yes, sometimes I watch them. But it's apparent that there are times when the producers on "certain" programs are more apt to try to show preppers as whack jobs.

I see no difference between keeping a FEW months worth of food and water, or a food stamper spending the whole card at the beginning of ONE month and stocking the kitchen for that one month at a time..

I'm not an extremist, but I'm not going to get caught with no critter food, no water and no way to take care of the people I love if we're cut off for any length of time. It might just mean the difference between relying on a FEMA camp or being free and out on our own. I prefer that my loved ones be able to take care of ourselves.
(As well: In a FEMA camp you might get powdered eggs. We'll hopefully still have fresh ones here and can also hunt if we have to).

You gotta remember that when you DEPEND on someone else for your wellbeing, you're BEHOLDING to them and you have to obey their rules or suffer the consequences..
That's not my style and never has been..
raven

Evansdale, IA

#74569 Nov 10, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Yes, sometimes I watch them. But it's apparent that there are times when the producers on "certain" programs are more apt to try to show preppers as whack jobs.
I see no difference between keeping a FEW months worth of food and water, or a food stamper spending the whole card at the beginning of ONE month and stocking the kitchen for that one month at a time..
I'm not an extremist, but I'm not going to get caught with no critter food, no water and no way to take care of the people I love if we're cut off for any length of time. It might just mean the difference between relying on a FEMA camp or being free and out on our own. I prefer that my loved ones be able to take care of ourselves.
(As well: In a FEMA camp you might get powdered eggs. We'll hopefully still have fresh ones here and can also hunt if we have to).
You gotta remember that when you DEPEND on someone else for your wellbeing, you're BEHOLDING to them and you have to obey their rules or suffer the consequences..
You are very wise indeed. It's awful to feel powerless without a job to provide for one's self and family. Although I'm middle aged I realize the importance of a woman being self- sufficient to do on her own. Therefore, whenever she's being mistreated, she has herself to rely on and doesn't need to feel obligated to the man. My partner excuses his mother's behavior whenever she belittles and says hurtful things to me. I try to smile, but it aches holding it in place. I should've finished my education. Good advice:)

#74570 Nov 10, 2012
I hope that it didn't sound like I was downing people who need food stamps. That wasn't my intention.. I was only trying to make a comparison. So if I offended anyone, please except my apology. It was not intended to degrade anyone....
raven

Evansdale, IA

#74571 Nov 10, 2012
Message well understood Nope ;) I was just saying I'd like to ditch mommy-in- law to be, but I can't because I'm beholden to her son who excuses her attitude(behavior). You are a lucky woman;) Maybe, life and experience made you that way. I know, I have four solar lights in my outlets inside my Rickey Ol Trailer. They sure are handy!
raven

Evansdale, IA

#74572 Nov 10, 2012
To All the Veterans: we are Blessed to have every one.Thank you for having served your country. May your lives be Blessed. And may your fellow citizens never forget that it's the warrior fighting who's at the most danger and needs hearth fires burning for them at home. To all the Soldiers on foreign soil, your fellow Americans are grateful and wish you safe return. Thank you! Goodnight All.

#74573 Nov 10, 2012
Thanks Raven. I'm not lucky exactly, I was just fortunate enough to have gotten "old" after the kind of life I've lead, ROFLMBO! I've gotten myself into some REAL pickles in my day, that's for sure. Don't know sometimes exactly WHY the good Lord decided he didn't want me yet, so I learned from the near fatal mistakes and just kept on breathing each time...... Had no other options really if you think about it, LOL!

By the way, you don't have to be "beholding" to her. You simply have to be polite while not offending your soon to be hubby at the same time.. It sounds like there's a stinky mix of "emotional baggage" you're going to be dealing with there, you can do it though. Just set some ground rules that are realistic. Do it BEFORE the "I do's", or you'll regret it later on... You're marrying him and not his Momma, contrary to popular belief..
Imposter

Hazard, KY

#74574 Nov 10, 2012
_-_Nope_-_ wrote:
Assistance wasn't an option in my large hillbilly family. When dad was working things were fine, when a strike was on, things changed. We went from store bought food to mountain fare. I have eaten groundhog, coon, bobwhite dove, wild turkey, grouse, deer, tree rats, fish from the deep-hole in the river a short walk away.... we drew the line at opossum.....but we were never really in any danger of starving. Everyone of us was a dead eye shot by 12 or 13.
The old spring we drew water from is still there, still full of cold clear water. I do enjoy the frilly things like electricity, cable, internet ect, but my "prepping" consists of keeping plenty of rifle/shotgun ammo and plenty of fishing tackle. Some of the posters were talking about a store-bought salve for a cut hog...we made our own with fatback, cohash root, vasoline and spiderwebs. It worked just fine.
The same old cook-stove that kept me fed is still right out there in my shed and I just laid in a season of wood like I did last year, Lord willing I'll lay in another next fall.
Do your part and God will provide till your time is up, when its up, its up.

"CLICK" TM-R (all rights reserved)
DontCare

Frankfort, KY

#74575 Nov 10, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
I was not the one all elated because someone else got the axe.
Congratulations, you win a cookie.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#74576 Nov 10, 2012
DontCare wrote:
<quoted text>Congratulations, you win a cookie.
Good, I hope it is an oreo.
DontCare

Frankfort, KY

#74577 Nov 10, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Good, I hope it is an oreo.
Chips Ahoy, Soft Batch

#74578 Nov 10, 2012
I'll have a peanut butter cookie, please? Ya'll have my gears turning now. Yum... It's a nice cool night, got the windows and the back door still open.. Some fresh cookies in the oven would be real nice... Hmmmmm.
:P
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#74579 Nov 10, 2012
DontCare wrote:
<quoted text>Chips Ahoy, Soft Batch
Even better with my one false tooth LOL
DontCare

Frankfort, KY

#74580 Nov 10, 2012
Ancient Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>
Even better with my one false tooth LOL
Lol, those are my favorite cookies.
spoonz

Paducah, KY

#74581 Nov 10, 2012
I kinda like the wacky tobacky brownies :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
songs with numbers in the title (Aug '11) 13 min MUSICK-NESS 149
Police chief 19 min Skeptical 9
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 26 min IND 20,505
Cover songs (Jul '11) 31 min MUSICK-NESS 886
A to Z of Song Titles Posted (Dec '13) 33 min MUSICK-NESS 931
song title game, anyone? (Oct '08) 40 min MUSICK-NESS 23,012
Shane Hale and arson? WTF?? 44 min Who 3
Horse Trail Tragedy 50 min hot dog cart shre... 40
Commons Apartments 3 hr Poor Little Rusty 103
10 percent equals 90 percent of crime. - blacks 4 hr Rusty Is A Whigger 30