Pike on 60 minutes tonight

Pike on 60 minutes tonight

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Pike democrat

Duluth, GA

#1 Oct 6, 2013
Yea, we've made national news again. Watch 60 minutes on CBS
CBS tonight

Pikeville, KY

#2 Oct 6, 2013
Watching it. Mr. Conn will be on in a second.
hhh

Winchester, KY

#3 Oct 6, 2013
that's the best advertising he ever had
Watching

Stanton, KY

#5 Oct 6, 2013
looks as though Eric C Conn is heading to prison. Also looks like many people who are too lazy to work will now lose their checks
wow

Pikeville, KY

#6 Oct 6, 2013
Great exposure of the social security disability system.
opinion

Nicholasville, KY

#7 Oct 6, 2013
There is a lot worse for them to talk about than a few hillbilly`s scrounging by on ssi!!Like all thos greedy crooks in the court house?Maybe?
Enos

Pikeville, KY

#8 Oct 6, 2013
Another black-eye to eastern kentucky! Thanks, mr. conn!
Curuios

United States

#9 Oct 6, 2013
Is name really Conn or is that just a title he earned?
O crap

Corbin, KY

#10 Oct 6, 2013
Enos wrote:
Another black-eye to eastern kentucky! Thanks, mr. conn!
Wait to they do one of the coal serevance money and how the school system places be in jobs that aren't post,and don 't have the proper certification,and all the political scams,thanks to CBS and 48 hrs.investagators .
big numbers

Pikeville, KY

#11 Oct 6, 2013
opinion wrote:
There is a lot worse for them to talk about than a few hillbilly`s scrounging by on ssi!!Like all thos greedy crooks in the court house?Maybe?
10-15% of the population around here on SSID according to the 60 Minutes show. That is a pretty high percent of our population.
What about

Clay City, KY

#12 Oct 6, 2013
Corporate welfare, not just the 800,000 billion the tax payers were forced to give Wall Street banks but the 3.2 trillion dollar Federal reserve loan at .0003%! In other words free money, does anyone realize that that is 100 times or more the amount that has been spent on disability since 1950!

If they toss half the people off disability on top of the mines closing down this place will be more impoverished than Somalia! You can watch half your business or more fail here also. If you think this is funny just hang around, lets watch this place become a ghost town. No I do not draw any kind of disability, regular state retirement plus some investments. I still hate to see half the county's income dry up over the next 6 months.
well

Phelps, KY

#13 Oct 6, 2013
maybe eric attracted too much attention to himself trying to act some the messiah of eastern ky. lol

you gotta fly straight and lay belw the radar eric, wasn't this the same guy that brought that bimbo obama girl here?
what

Pikeville, KY

#14 Oct 6, 2013
What about wrote:
Corporate welfare, not just the 800,000 billion the tax payers were forced to give Wall Street banks but the 3.2 trillion dollar Federal reserve loan at .0003%! In other words free money, does anyone realize that that is 100 times or more the amount that has been spent on disability since 1950!
If they toss half the people off disability on top of the mines closing down this place will be more impoverished than Somalia! You can watch half your business or more fail here also. If you think this is funny just hang around, lets watch this place become a ghost town. No I do not draw any kind of disability, regular state retirement plus some investments. I still hate to see half the county's income dry up over the next 6 months.
Who said anyone on SSI was going to lose their income?
Flying Low

Clay City, KY

#15 Oct 6, 2013
well wrote:
maybe eric attracted too much attention to himself trying to act some the messiah of eastern ky. lol
you gotta fly straight and lay belw the radar eric, wasn't this the same guy that brought that bimbo obama girl here?
and remember the porn star! Yea he was stealthy alright, like a Mack Truck!
Old Dude

United States

#16 Oct 6, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
Who said anyone on SSI was going to lose their income?
They will NEVER cut anybody's check. The gov't depends on their vote no matter the political party and every grocery store ,Walmart and even the state and federal social services offices depend on them for their livelihood.
Why does this go on

Elkhorn City, KY

#17 Oct 7, 2013
Why is it that you know that somebody is on dis,ssi and still work,it's bull$hit I work and they have more than I could ever get in ten years. I bet there payed under the table and draw food stamps .
Jay

United States

#18 Oct 7, 2013
Old Dude wrote:
<quoted text>They will NEVER cut anybody's check. The gov't depends on their vote no matter the political party and every grocery store ,Walmart and even the state and federal social services offices depend on them for their livelihood.
ppl on SSI don't vote. And you don't base an economy on welfare. It's based on it work force.
The Facts

Carlisle, KY

#19 Oct 7, 2013
What about wrote:
Corporate welfare, not just the 800,000 billion the tax payers were forced to give Wall Street banks but the 3.2 trillion dollar Federal reserve loan at .0003%! In other words free money, does anyone realize that that is 100 times or more the amount that has been spent on disability since 1950!
If they toss half the people off disability on top of the mines closing down this place will be more impoverished than Somalia! You can watch half your business or more fail here also. If you think this is funny just hang around, lets watch this place become a ghost town. No I do not draw any kind of disability, regular state retirement plus some investments. I still hate to see half the county's income dry up over the next 6 months.
I do understand what you are saying about the shape our region is in but with all due respect I do not think it is right at all for people like me and a lot of other working people to support all these SORRY, LAZY people that "DOES NOT DESERVE IT". I have worked for 43 years and still working.
Tigger

United States

#20 Oct 7, 2013
You will work till u die.just like I will.isn't life grand.
Throw the Bums Off

Clay City, KY

#21 Oct 7, 2013
The Facts wrote:
<quoted text> I do understand what you are saying about the shape our region is in but with all due respect I do not think it is right at all for people like me and a lot of other working people to support all these SORRY, LAZY people that "DOES NOT DESERVE IT". I have worked for 43 years and still working.
I don't thing anyone that is not truly disables should be drawing a disability check, and more important these shyster law firms should not be racking in millions and destroying the system. What I was pointing to that something has to be done about the rampant unemployment in the area and the country that drove a lot of these people to a very bleak existence. Wall Street got in trouble and we threw trillions at them, but then again they are the 1% and have a powerful lobby in congress "own it really". There should be a conversation about what we will do with about 50% that will be thrown off disability that don't deserve it. How will they survive when a job is not even in the conversation because there is none. How will a region survive when you lose the mining economy plus the disability and SSI Checks. It is a simple solution to say just throw the bums off and not take into consideration you are also talking about hungry kids, a ruined economy and a large increase in the crime rate. The Disability mills run by these law firms over the last 6 years is the problem, until then most were truly disabled and needed the help. Restructure the system, change some laws and get the shyster lawyers out of it but don't throw the baby out with the bath water. I think the Tea Party let it get out of hand so they could do away with the whole system, they have never liked it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Air service blame 7 min Dead Stick 97
Viewing elk in pike like area 8 min JC man 9
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 26 min KY SUCKS 28,796
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 30 min Terrible_Herbst 24,629
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 44 min Mickey402 142,475
Hillary Clinton OUR next President 54 min Cowboy 615
blue world pools (Jun '09) 1 hr gotscammed 58
Vote Ray Out 4 hr New Day 51
Wreck 6 hr death sucks 9
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages