Just wondering

Pikeville, KY

#1 Nov 29, 2012
I have heard both words, goth and emo but I really don't know the difference between the two. can someone explain??? do they cut themselves or only wear black, help me understand.
Stan and Kyle

United States

#3 Nov 30, 2012
Emo emerged from the hardcore punk scene of early-1980s Washington, D.C., both as a reaction to the increased violence within the scene and as an extension of the personal politics espoused by Ian MacKaye of Minor Threat, who had turned the focus of the music from the community back towards the individual. Emo is basically Emotional Hardcore punk that is wimpy.
Goth is a musical subgenre of post-punk that formed during the late 1970s. Gothic rock bands grew from the strong ties they had to the English punk rock and emerging post-punk scenes. According to both Pitchfork and NME, protogoth bands are Joy Division, Siouxsie and the Banshees, Bauhaus and The Cure. The genre itself was defined as a separate movement from punk rock during the early 1980s largely due to the significant stylistic divergences of the movement; gothic rock, as opposed to punk, combines dark, often keyboard-heavy music with introspective and dark lyrics. Gothic rock then gave rise to a broader subculture that included clubs, fashion and numerous publications that grew in popularity in the 1980s.
just wondering

Pikeville, KY

#4 Nov 30, 2012
can anyone give me a responce i can understand?
Stan and Kyle

United States

#5 Dec 1, 2012
Basically Emo is wimpy punk music that has feelings. Goth is dark, death theme music that rocks hard
WLWC Radio

Lexington, KY

#6 Dec 1, 2012
Goth: Mission UK, This Mortal Coil, City & Crime Solution

Emo: Death Cab For Cutie, Arctic Monkeys, Elliott Smith
Explanation

Pikeville, KY

#7 Dec 1, 2012
just wondering wrote:
can anyone give me a responce i can understand?
Seriously just wondering I agree with you!!
No need to explain in a way it can't be understood.
Main Street Resident

Pikeville, KY

#8 Dec 1, 2012
Yes, knowing your audience is the first step to effective communication. Most people wasting their time browsing topix are simple minded with very short attention spans. We must keep our responses short and to the point.
Curious

Pikeville, KY

#9 Dec 1, 2012
Brad Scott.
troof hurtz

Lexington, KY

#11 Dec 1, 2012

Awful: Miley Cyrus, Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift
Fact of the Matter

Cantonment, FL

#12 Dec 2, 2012
Goth chicks are more fun in the sack.

Emo chicks want to be little emo boys, and vice versa- very hard to get them to commit to serious sex... the girls, that is- I stay away from those emo boys- they creep me rightDAfuck out!
One Plus Pne

Lexington, KY

#13 Dec 2, 2012
Goth + Emo = Gemo
Stan and Kyle

United States

#14 Dec 2, 2012
I am so goth that I am already dead.
Hazmat Mel

Cantonment, FL

#15 Dec 2, 2012
ho ho ho

how in the hell ARE you, Stan and Kyle?
Stan and Kyle wrote:
I am so goth that I am already dead.
Long Time No "See"!

Derek sends his regards.
Stan and Kyle

United States

#16 Dec 3, 2012
Hazmat Mel wrote:
ho ho ho
how in the hell ARE you, Stan and Kyle?<quoted text>
Long Time No "See"!
Derek sends his regards.
I am doing great Haz, I got a cool job as a driving instructor that pays pretty well. Nice retirement gig.
Hazmat Mel

Cantonment, FL

#17 Dec 3, 2012
Very nice.

Had any "desperate housewives" (per what's her name in "Coneheads") for students, yet?
Stan and Kyle wrote:
<quoted text>
I am doing great Haz, I got a cool job as a driving instructor that pays pretty well. Nice retirement gig.
Or just tutoring Lebanese nationals & high school Driver's Ed dropouts?

(heh heh heh~!)
Stan and Kyle

United States

#18 Dec 3, 2012
Rich Egyptians, spoiled young adults and old dudes with money. I am doing the crap job driving around and explaining the track in a Panamerica with 4 passengers. I drove a 997 track car and was way off the pace.I thought I was breaking the car. Wildest transmission I have ever heard. Sounds like it is grenading itself with every down shift..Once I learned that this is normal I got with in 2/10s of the local hot shoe. So time will tell what I end up doing.
Church Lady

Lexington, KY

#19 Dec 3, 2012
Stan and Kyle wrote:
Rich Egyptians, spoiled young adults and old dudes with money. I am doing the crap job driving around and explaining the track in a Panamerica with 4 passengers. I drove a 997 track car and was way off the pace.I thought I was breaking the car. Wildest transmission I have ever heard. Sounds like it is grenading itself with every down shift..Once I learned that this is normal I got with in 2/10s of the local hot shoe. So time will tell what I end up doing.
Weeeell.......aren't we special.
metalhead

Harrodsburg, KY

#20 Dec 3, 2012
both emo and goth sucks, that's what they have in common. their difference is they both suck in different ways.
victoria

Russell Springs, KY

#22 Dec 26, 2012
hey wats up im a bi gurl maybe if there is any goths or anythin txt me 2705854301

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
JCC wants to immediately suspend Judge Combs 2 min Can I get an amen 61
Kenneth Ford (Oct '13) 18 min Mommy Babys 11
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 31 min Cowboy 28,272
W. Keith Hall News (Dec '14) 59 min mustard man 268
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Mickey402 141,396
SS Is Notifying People That Lawyer Committed 1 hr Info 180
Hillary Clinton OUR next President 1 hr old dude 212
feel sorry for interracial children 1 hr Love Ye One Another 6
Paul Patton hates the Rebel flag and the south! 3 hr Theowl1969 12
Pig in a poke 6 hr nowimrottentothecore 24
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages