First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Stickweed

United States

#1 Jul 4, 2009
Anyone ever work for Double Kwik and how do they treat their employees?
just me

Hurricane, WV

#2 Jul 4, 2009
I had a friend that worked there once and he always liked it.
coalminersdaught er

Winchester, KY

#3 Jul 5, 2009
Well,my mom works there and they are good points and bad.

Of course, they don't pay enough, as with any jobs like this. But, a lot of the people who work there are good people. Friends and neighbors of us all, just trying to make a living.

One other thing, they tend to take themselves a bit too seriously. They do drug testing for cashiers. I'm not saying thats a bad thing, but a its not very cost-effective for a job like this. They do a lot of small dumb things like this which makes me believe that they may not stay in business long.
worked there too

Memphis, TN

#4 Jul 5, 2009
Trust me, I worked there for years, they eat you up as long as you don't care to work your ass off 24-7 for no raises and no chance of promotion. Managers sit intheir offices on their asses and you do EVERYTHING, sometimes including their job and always with no respect and no sincere thank you. If u have no goal in life I say go 4 it! If u want to advance someday you'd better stay away.
Richmond lady

Richmond, KY

#5 Jul 23, 2009
Yes,I worked for Childers Oil,at Double Kwik in Pikeville and at Justiceville for about 4 years.I did like it,but Robin was manager and all she done was sit on her ass.I believe she is still there.I worked with some good people and some not worth a sit,but I really did like my job and I made pretty good money.
TRUE

Blue River, KY

#6 Jul 23, 2009
worked there too wrote:
Trust me, I worked there for years, they eat you up as long as you don't care to work your ass off 24-7 for no raises and no chance of promotion. Managers sit intheir offices on their asses and you do EVERYTHING, sometimes including their job and always with no respect and no sincere thank you. If u have no goal in life I say go 4 it! If u want to advance someday you'd better stay away.
I agree
ya know

Virgie, KY

#8 Jul 23, 2009
i think this thread is so funny, b/c it brings up Robin the manager. i guess it was a time for a change and get better workers there that cleans the store instead of letting it look like a garbage pile. I guess the one that posted this thing about Robin and everything got fired from up there b/c they was rude and didn't have time of day to help the customers! It has changed up at Justiceville and i see many of the workers helping me out with things now. the others acted like they didn't know what was going on and told me they couldn't help me with my lottery, so i had to make that 5 min. drive down to chole.
waste of time

Jackson, KY

#9 Jul 24, 2009
I worked there for over a year. The supervisors are snobs and job scared. They never give credit for a job well done. No matter waht you do it is never enough. If you are not in their "click" then you are just wasting your time. Reliability, dependability, and job performance does not matter to them. If you don't keep your head up the supervisors asses, then they will keep looking until they find a way to get rid of you. I was warned by people for over a year that they treat you "dirty." If you are looking for a job where your skills, experience, and job performance are important, then stay away. If you are a brown noser who constantly shows up late, calls in, takes credit for work someone else did, then this is the perfect job for you. You will go far if you stick your head up the supervisors ass.
worked there too

Memphis, TN

#10 Jul 24, 2009
waste of time wrote:
I worked there for over a year. The supervisors are snobs and job scared. They never give credit for a job well done. No matter waht you do it is never enough. If you are not in their "click" then you are just wasting your time. Reliability, dependability, and job performance does not matter to them. If you don't keep your head up the supervisors asses, then they will keep looking until they find a way to get rid of you. I was warned by people for over a year that they treat you "dirty." If you are looking for a job where your skills, experience, and job performance are important, then stay away. If you are a brown noser who constantly shows up late, calls in, takes credit for work someone else did, then this is the perfect job for you. You will go far if you stick your head up the supervisors ass.
Couldn't have put it better myself----SO TRUE!!!!
worked there too

Memphis, TN

#11 Jul 24, 2009
ya know wrote:
i think this thread is so funny, b/c it brings up Robin the manager. i guess it was a time for a change and get better workers there that cleans the store instead of letting it look like a garbage pile. I guess the one that posted this thing about Robin and everything got fired from up there b/c they was rude and didn't have time of day to help the customers! It has changed up at Justiceville and i see many of the workers helping me out with things now. the others acted like they didn't know what was going on and told me they couldn't help me with my lottery, so i had to make that 5 min. drive down to chole.
First of all, this post wasn't started about Robin. She was brought into it way later. After reading your post, the thirty-two times it took to understand and comprehend it, the only real comments I have for u are --unless you've worked at a Double Kwik don't put your 2 cents in and what a poor baby you are for having to drive five whole miles out of the way to lose your money and fund the government. Dumbass!
noone

United States

#12 Jul 24, 2009
the double kwik at caney the manager there her name is cindy she is an absoult bitch
pft

Logan, WV

#13 Jul 24, 2009
did robin get fired if so why
saphire

Hurricane, WV

#14 Jul 24, 2009
Stickweed wrote:
Anyone ever work for Double Kwik and how do they treat their employees?
yeah i work for chloe doule kwik now n i think we get treated pretty good. it is all in how the employees work together. n the majority of us r a really close team.
UnKnown

Waco, KY

#15 Jul 24, 2009
Well I worked for Double Kwik for about a week, I was fired by Olivia the manly woman that has changed location since then because my b/f's cousin came in and they suspected that he was selling pills in their parking lot and her trainer Susie knew that I was tied to the family so they made some bull shit excuse up to terminate me.

Now the Manager at the Chloe Double Kwik is great, she is really sweet and doesnt care to take time to help someone she carries her self there and doesnt depend on her employees to do her job she is great! That is the only one I like out of all of them.
worked there 2

Memphis, TN

#16 Jul 25, 2009
the double kwik at caney the manager there her name is cindy she is an absoult bitch
pft
Tyler, TX
Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#13 17 hrs ago

Cindy is thye new mgr. at Caney. I'm not sure if Robin got fired or quit bu I do know that they had one of those stupid shrink interviews with Patty and Dan and later that day Robin and like 3 or 4 others didn't work there anymore.
worked there 2

Memphis, TN

#17 Jul 25, 2009
Sorry, what I meant to say was Cindy from Caney is the new mgr. at Justiceville.
worked there too

Pikeville, KY

#18 Jul 26, 2009
waste of time wrote:
Could not agree with you more!!! I worked there too when Childers Oil first came to Pikeville. At first we thought they were great, but that soon changed. UR totally right about the supervisors being snobs. It's been a while since I worked for them, so I don't know if these supervisors are still there, but the man & woman(I won't mention names) always traveled together. The woman was always nice, but the man would flip through the store pointing out thinks that were wrong, never telling you that your store looks good or that you're doing a good job. Always what was wrong. You know after a while it just becomes a beating, it makes you feel useless. My last day there I cried pretty much the whole day!! No job is worth that!! No one should ever make you feel that way!!
worked there

Richmond, KY

#19 Aug 3, 2009
I am glad Robin is gone,she was really rude.Why the superviser Crystal at the time let her by with so much,I don't know.Does anyone know if Teresa Sparks,ass.manger is still there?
worked there 2 wrote:
pft
Tyler, TX
Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it!|#13 17 hrs ago
Cindy is thye new mgr. at Caney. I'm not sure if Robin got fired or quit bu I do know that they had one of those stupid shrink interviews with Patty and Dan and later that day Robin and like 3 or 4 others didn't work there anymore.
cyndis daughter

Jackson, KY

#20 Aug 5, 2009
woah now. thats my mother.
she works her ass off and she dont need ppl like you calling her a bitch....if u think she is such a bitch.. maybe u shouldnt go there!
DK Worker

Richmond, KY

#21 Aug 5, 2009
cyndis daughter wrote:
woah now. thats my mother.
she works her ass off and she dont need ppl like you calling her a bitch....if u think she is such a bitch.. maybe u shouldnt go there!
I agree! I work there and i think Cyndi does a great job! She is really funny and grat to talk to!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ray Jones for Hillary Clinton 10 min Stay Over 116
Is Toyota really building factory in Pikeville? 15 min Donnie News 9
Smile (Apr '14) 43 min Jlee 336
Alisha adkins guard at jail 50 min Ratatat 1
hung guys in pikeville 53 min bigonemyself 1
lillie and mario lara (Jul '12) 1 hr next 7
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 1 hr One Eyed Willy 1,770
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages