First Prev
of 7
Next Last
YEAH RIGHT

Hazard, KY

#123 Jan 12, 2012
A Friend wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to get your facts straight.........She wasn't arrested....so if you dont know what you are talking about just don't talk at all......They did a drug test and she was fine.......
UPDATE 12/6/11 @ 8:50 p.m.
PIKEVILLE, Ky.(WSAZ)-- Shooting up just as she's about to have a baby -- that's the case for a woman eight months pregnant and arrested on drug possession charges.
It's a growing problem that's even shocking police.
“I've been in this business 17 years and just when you thought you've seen it all, you see something new,” Pikeville Police Officer Tony Conn said.
What Conn saw was Erica Coleman and her boyfriend sitting in a car behind the Hardee's in Pikeville -- acting suspicious.
“As soon as I walked up, I could tell they were clearly under the influence," Conn said. "They could barely hold their heads up, and I saw needle marks in their hands. She advised me that she was eight months pregnant."
Conn called paramedics to check out Coleman's condition. She was taken to a local hospital for evaluation, cleared and then taken to jail. But, she only spent one night there before a judge released her during her arraignment to home confinement.
“We don’t have those facilities in the jail," Conn said. "So, she’ll be at home under her parents’ care. I think the judge made a good call there."
Recently, WSAZ.com aired an investigation on babies addicted at birth and found as many as 50 percent of babies born in parts of our region are born to drug-addicted mothers.
“The babies have cramps, their organs aren't developed. They're in pain,” Neonatologist Renee Domanico said.
For Coleman, it will be an uphill battle for her baby as she fights her own addictions and now criminal charges.
Coleman is charged with public intoxication, drug possession and possessing drug paraphenalia. She's expected to give birth any day.
YEAH RIGHT

Hazard, KY

#124 Jan 12, 2012
A Friend wrote:
You people who are on here saying things that arent true and you have no idea what happened....She was drug tested over the last 6 weeks and she was clean. What happened was not caused by her drug use. The drug she was taken was prescribed to her by her OB/GYN who said it was safe for the baby. She got on it to keep from using other drugs that were not safe for the baby. She and Kyle are devastated. They were turning their life around and as Kyle said at the funeral Kyle Aidan was going to be the completion of their family. Kyle's family is also devastated, already had the nursery fixed all in Winnie the Pooh. So please before you say things that are not true their are 2 grieving families here. They want the baby to have peace. He was very much loved and wanted. And for people saying she used street drugs if a drug prescribed by a doctor is a street drug then people couldnt take a stomach pill.Yes her and Kyle had problems but were turning their life in anticipation of this baby. It makes me sad to think people who would say such hurtful things without knowing the whole story. I am praying for all the family, that is what they need...
Quit taking up for your "friend", she was on drugs, the Police said so and I don't see why they would lie about it. If I have to hear one more time how "safe" it is for a pregnant mother to take Suboxone or Methadone again, I am going to puke, no drugs are safe for a fetus, especially drugs like that. As for your friend taking them because they were safer then other drugs, she should not have taken drugs to start with. I do believe your friend's drug use killed this innocent baby and so does most of the people in Pike County. People need to quit taking up for and coddling people that are on drugs, especially pregnant mother's taking drugs, that makes me so mad. This baby is dead, that is a true pity, but put the blame where it really belongs at the hands of the parents. Anytime you are using drugs, your baby runs a risk of birth defects and/or death. Your friend said the police are lying about the track marks on her body, yeah right, the police just made that up on her. The innocent baby paid the price for these irresponsible parents who are going to regret what they did(hopefully and are sorry, hopefully) because they wanted to get high. You know that people are going to comment about your friend, so, why bother to defend her, no one is going to fall for your or her crap.
really really

United States

#125 Jan 12, 2012
this girl makes national YES NATIONAL news for being 8 months pregnant and getting arrested behind a fast-food restaurant for shooting up drugs. which she admitted to using and then some friend or family member has the nerve (not to mention complete lack of intelligence) to try to defend her? pathetic. absolutely pathetic. that's like saying hitler wasn't that bad of a person after all.

her drug abuse had a huge helping hand in causing her baby to be stillborn. put two and two together and anyone can figure that out. she is not a good person or a good mother. and it's evident by the fact that even her own fathers family feels the need to get on here and say they are ashamed of her and take care of her OTHER child because she lost custody of him due to drug use.

she is trash and scum and while it's tragic her son is gone, she deserves to pay the price for her actions.
know

Pikeville, KY

#126 Jan 16, 2012
I just heard about this, well the baby being still born. This is a tragedy!!! I've known this girl for a while now and with the things I know she should be charged. Of course she won't face anything for this baby's death but she should! This girl will NEVER change, guaranteed.

All the things that she done lead to that baby being still born should be considered attempted murder & then with the baby being still born it should be 1st degree murder. That should be two charges on her as well as the boyfriend for facilitating.

This is a shame but maybe this was God giving this child all the glories of Heaven without having to endure any hell on earth. This child would not have had a life had it lived, it would have grown up thinking all the things she does is normal. He would have basically lived in hell, whether he thought it normal or not. The more I think about it, the more I see it as God's plan for this child. He knew nothing would change her so he decided to do what was best for the baby.

I wish Kentucky would change their laws in regard to still births. This should wake people up & make them realize that everything they do during pregnancy WILL affect their unborn child.
her man kyle

Elkhorn City, KY

#127 Jan 17, 2012
she had a script for what she was taking u guys have no ideal how shitit my life is know she is back in jail and my whole family i was looking forward too is gone yes we did i cant sleep over this shit trust when sher gets she will be clean just like me or i would be in there
know

Pikeville, KY

#128 Jan 17, 2012
Pregnant women do not get prescriptions for Suboxone. They get prescriptions for Subutex. HOWEVER she kept getting kicked out of every doctor she went to because she kept getting dirty drug screens. So if she was only taking her prescribed medicine how come she kept getting kicked out???

This last few months, she may have gotten a script from a doctor for the Subutex & sold it all to get her pain aids & when she was out of those & the Subutex she then had to buy the Suboxone. But you don't take Suboxone while pregnant. And prescription or not does not mean the baby will be fine because you are abusing it!! She was ABUSING the drugs, it's a known fact!

You'd think after her husband overdosing she would've learned. Guess she had to OVERDOSE HER BABY TOO!!!!!!!! And you are just as guilty for enabling it, whether you're clean or not you knew what was going on!! You had just as much responsibility to ensure the well-being of that unborn child as she did & you failed!! Instead of trying to help her get better, you helped her kill your child! Truth hurts doesn't it?

Oh & why is she back in jail? Let me guess, violation of probation??? Bet that is dirty screens huh? ROFLMAO
Knows Erica personally

Pikeville, KY

#129 Jan 23, 2012
I read the article awhile back and I couldn't believe it! But then again I could - she's always been known for doing that crap. She has another son by a man named Jesse Smallwood, and that baby is with Erica's father. She doesn't deserve to have any children! And I'm praying for this newborn child, I've seen a lot with drug addicted babies and I'm sick of the mother's getting away with it! Justice needs to be served for these poor children!
the baby died

Thelma, KY

#130 Jan 23, 2012
Knows Erica personally wrote:
I read the article awhile back and I couldn't believe it! But then again I could - she's always been known for doing that crap. She has another son by a man named Jesse Smallwood, and that baby is with Erica's father. She doesn't deserve to have any children! And I'm praying for this newborn child, I've seen a lot with drug addicted babies and I'm sick of the mother's getting away with it! Justice needs to be served for these poor children!
Her baby died, it was stillborn.
Knows Erica personally

Pikeville, KY

#131 Jan 23, 2012
the baby died wrote:
<quoted text>
Her baby died, it was stillborn.
WHAT! Oh my god! I can't believe it, I hadn't heard.:/ Shame on Erica for making stupid decisions, and not giving that child the chance at life.
RIP baby.
sad story

Robinson Creek, KY

#132 Jan 23, 2012
curious wrote:
so she was "clean" 6 weeks of her pregnancy. out of what, 40 weeks? so that leaves 34 weeks that she was abusing. that is plenty of time to do enough damage to the baby causing it to be stillborn. I'm no doctor, but I also have common sense. the overall point is that she abused drugs while being pregnant, whether she was sober 6 weeks or not. even then, I doubt her sobriety. I hope it lasts and she turns her life around, but another life has already been lost in the process.
Agree with you to the fullest. As I was reading this, I was thinking about all the comments, and your reaction to them is exactly what I was thinking, except one thought that I would like to add. At 34 weeks, it's pretty much too late to clean up your life for the sake of the baby or whatever people seem to think she may have been cleaning up her life for.*and I also think that's bs because she wouldn't have been found wasted behind hardees if she had been clean. come up with something new, right?*. anyway, the time to "clean up" your life is BEFORE you decide to become pregnant, or at the least, as soon as you find out that you have a child growing inside of your body, feeding off of your blood. There is no excuse, I don't care who you are or what you do, there is absolutely no excuse to consume a drug when you know there is a life inside you depending on your every move and action. There is no drug so addictive that it can over power a mother's love, unless that mother had no love to start with. The only sympathy deserved in this case is for the grandparents, aunts and uncles, siblings, cousins and other family of the baby they will never know because its parents are so excessively stupid as to do drugs while pregnant. I will pray for them, that they do get well and get off drugs. but sympathy here goes to the child who lost his life because someone else made a choice, and took his choice away.
troy miles

Elkhorn City, KY

#133 Jan 25, 2012
i knew erica and she is nothing but a worthless piece shit and she did not deserve to have any kids and did not even care about the one her dad is raising and doesn't deserve the breathe in her lungs
bumped

Ransom, KY

#134 Oct 7, 2012
back to the top, this baby's death should't be just forgotten or allowed to slide. these couple of pillheads are worthess trash that belong in prison.
Seeing all

Gray, KY

#135 Oct 7, 2012
Really?
well

Pikeville, KY

#136 Oct 8, 2012
I agree!!!!
GATOR PARADE

Elkview, WV

#137 Oct 8, 2012
Well ericka Picked a real winner with Kyle Thacker _ he & his mother, father, stepfather Sisters are nothing but pill heads and dope dealers . His mother Kim worked for a well known pill pusher Dr. dale Adkins- he lost his license, was sent to rehab. And recently has been seen pushing a lawn mower to support himself . Kyle's mother Kim sells pills right out of the trailer up on elkhorn where the Winnie-the-pooh nursery was waiting for ericka's still born baby ....it s a family thing here in east ky most often, and the cops know and could care less ....sad but true ;(((
Unreal

Winchester, KY

#138 Feb 18, 2013
Well she's pregnant again!
native

Louisa, KY

#139 Feb 19, 2013
YEAH RIGHT wrote:
<quoted text>
UPDATE 12/6/11 @ 8:50 p.m.
PIKEVILLE, Ky.(WSAZ)-- Shooting up just as she's about to have a baby -- that's the case for a woman eight months pregnant and arrested on drug possession charges.
It's a growing problem that's even shocking police.
“I've been in this business 17 years and just when you thought you've seen it all, you see something new,” Pikeville Police Officer Tony Conn said.
What Conn saw was Erica Coleman and her boyfriend sitting in a car behind the Hardee's in Pikeville -- acting suspicious.
“As soon as I walked up, I could tell they were clearly under the influence," Conn said. "They could barely hold their heads up, and I saw needle marks in their hands. She advised me that she was eight months pregnant."
Conn called paramedics to check out Coleman's condition. She was taken to a local hospital for evaluation, cleared and then taken to jail. But, she only spent one night there before a judge released her during her arraignment to home confinement.
“We don’t have those facilities in the jail," Conn said. "So, she’ll be at home under her parents’ care. I think the judge made a good call there."
Recently, WSAZ.com aired an investigation on babies addicted at birth and found as many as 50 percent of babies born in parts of our region are born to drug-addicted mothers.
“The babies have cramps, their organs aren't developed. They're in pain,” Neonatologist Renee Domanico said.
For Coleman, it will be an uphill battle for her baby as she fights her own addictions and now criminal charges.
Coleman is charged with public intoxication, drug possession and possessing drug paraphenalia. She's expected to give birth any day.
Kill those two, not the baby. It has no choice to what its exposed to. THAT, lies in the lap of "adults", of which the obviously know nothing about.
Dragon

Salina, KS

#140 Feb 19, 2013
If NIMBY(not in my back yard) wasn't the rule...perhaps they would have had a place to get help? Go ahead peeps..keep throwing those rocks.
so quick

Chesterfield, MO

#141 Feb 20, 2013
You are all so quick to judge. I hope they are ok,and out of the cold. Praying...God please give them a warm bed and full belly tonight and bless that baby.
hope

Red Jacket, WV

#142 Feb 20, 2013
I hope she's off drugs for her sake but more importantly for her unborn child's health. if she's not off drugs she needs to get herself fixed so that she can't have any more kids that are addicted or born dead from her drug use. get ya tube tied or use some condoms or something if you are going to be a drug addict. ruin your own life if you want, that's your choice but stop ruining your children's lives and killing them before they're even born with your dope.

stop being selfish, people judge you because you're not showing any concern for your children. you deserve to be in jail for what you have done to your children's health, count yourself lucky that you're not in prison.

the people around her outta care about themselves and her and the children in their family enough to clean their act up too, it's one big family of dope heads.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The White Neo Nazi Rally and Trump 12 min Right Wing Nuts 74
Thank You Laid Off Coal Miners 16 min Trump Failures 22
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 54 min Pikeville Parent 163,728
shelbiana food city guys 1 hr junior 6
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 2 hr Uncle Tom 36,436
Places to RENT in Pikeville? (Jul '10) 3 hr Relocating 172
cheating wife (Oct '16) 3 hr Crazy 42
City commissioners 7 hr Loyd 37
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 10 hr One Eyed Willy 4,445
FBI Transportation Cabinet Version 2017 15 hr A Hillary Deport... 161

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages