When Will I Get Clothing Vouchers?
Huh

London, UK

#21 Jul 27, 2013
Retired Teacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone who works one full-time (40 hours) minimum wage (US$7.25 per hour) job and one half-time (20 hours) job, which is not uncommon in the U.S., makes only $22,620 per year. The same would apply for a man and wife in which one had a full time job and one worked half time and devoted the rest of their time to child care.
I don't know what all the public assistance adds up to, but the federal poverty level for a family of 4 is $23,550. Thus a family of 4 in which someone works 60 hours per week for minimum wage is still living in poverty.
Working parents also have the problem of child care, which is very expensive and can well cost more than a minimum wage job pays.
I would still if I had to work min wage just thank God I have a better job than that I would still rather work min wage than to be a freeloading bum.The rule should be that if you can't afford to have kids without letting Uncle Sam and the U.S taxpayer keep them up then DON'T have them.Its one thing if a worker gets laid off and has to get unemployment for a while because they paid into and EARNED it.Its another thing just to be a lowlife cockroach moocher.
I Hate Azzholes like you

Madisonville, KY

#22 Jul 27, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>I would still if I had to work min wage just thank God I have a better job than that I would still rather work min wage than to be a freeloading bum.The rule should be that if you can't afford to have kids without letting Uncle Sam and the U.S taxpayer keep them up then DON'T have them.Its one thing if a worker gets laid off and has to get unemployment for a while because they paid into and EARNED it.Its another thing just to be a lowlife cockroach moocher.
Read the application. If you were the person that the teacher gave as an example, you would be eligible for the clothing voucher.
Fox News Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#23 Jul 27, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>I would still if I had to work min wage just thank God I have a better job than that I would still rather work min wage than to be a freeloading bum.The rule should be that if you can't afford to have kids without letting Uncle Sam and the U.S taxpayer keep them up then DON'T have them.Its one thing if a worker gets laid off and has to get unemployment for a while because they paid into and EARNED it.Its another thing just to be a lowlife cockroach moocher.
Now get back in your Trailet azz wipe.
big daddy

Richmond, KY

#24 Jul 27, 2013
Miss Sassy wrote:
I wouldnt want to live off the government because i want to live where i want, dont want to stand in line at walmart with buggies full of groceries and ppl talking about me, and most important thing i wouldnt have my children humiliated at school or anywhere else because of their clothes, maybe somebody saw me at the store using a fs card or a dr office using a medical card because news flash kids will make fun of them and so do parents you make their life harder but thats your choice cause you are a government family and that was your choice not kids you can be proud just wonder if they are
look, everyone gets free stuff from time to time.. you may call it "milking the system" I call it "the American way" you show me a job that pays me 30 bucks an hour full benefits...ins...and I will go to it..well maybe, I got it pretty good right now lol bottom line. if we don't get the money from our government then they will send it overseas to rebuild citys that we blew the fu!ck up to start with!
Fox News Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#25 Jul 27, 2013
big daddy wrote:
<quoted text> look, everyone gets free stuff from time to time.. you may call it "milking the system" I call it "the American way" you show me a job that pays me 30 bucks an hour full benefits...ins...and I will go to it..well maybe, I got it pretty good right now lol bottom line. if we don't get the money from our government then they will send it overseas to rebuild citys that we blew the fu!ck up to start with!
lmfao
Huh

London, UK

#27 Jul 27, 2013
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>Now get back in your Trailet azz wipe.
Not everyone has to live in a tin box trailor like your bloodsucking cockroach family you retarded azz wipe.
lmao

Richmond, KY

#28 Jul 27, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Not everyone has to live in a tin box trailor like your bloodsucking cockroach family you retarded azz wipe.
cockroaches do not suck blood you flat headed f4ck!
Tim

Chesterfield, MO

#29 Jul 27, 2013
Miss Sassy wrote:
I wouldnt want to live off the government because i want to live where i want, dont want to stand in line at walmart with buggies full of groceries and ppl talking about me, and most important thing i wouldnt have my children humiliated at school or anywhere else because of their clothes, maybe somebody saw me at the store using a fs card or a dr office using a medical card because news flash kids will make fun of them and so do parents you make their life harder but thats your choice cause you are a government family and that was your choice not kids you can be proud just wonder if they are
Anyone who would make fun of others because of their clothes or because they're on food stamps and welfare, well...those people have worse problems than poor families ever will. There's a lot of kids in school who come from poor homes, but I doubt any of their classmates hold it against them or treat them any differently than they treat other kids. It's usually adults who look down on those less fortunate. Kids are generally accepting of one another regardless of their financial status.
Huh

London, UK

#30 Jul 27, 2013
lmao wrote:
<quoted text> cockroaches do not suck blood you flat headed f4ck!
I bet you really like to suck on a big long d I c k don't you azz wipe?Hey people don't get mad at me just because I have a good job and don't try to bleed the system dry letting Uncle Sam be the breadwinner for my family.Everyone of you lazy azzed leeches need took out of the system sink or swim and if you don't work STARVE.
Fox News Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#31 Jul 28, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Not everyone has to live in a tin box trailor like your bloodsucking cockroach family you retarded azz wipe.
So you live in a Tent you low life white trash pos.
Fox News Is A Joke

Shelbiana, KY

#32 Jul 28, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>I bet you really like to suck on a big long d I c k don't you azz wipe?Hey people don't get mad at me just because I have a good job and don't try to bleed the system dry letting Uncle Sam be the breadwinner for my family.Everyone of you lazy azzed leeches need took out of the system sink or swim and if you don't work STARVE.
So how long have you been on the Garbage Truck azz wipe?
Huh

London, UK

#33 Jul 28, 2013
<quoted text>So you live in a Tent you low life white trash pos.
Nah tents are for your towel headed cousins that live in the desert that blow up stuff other people have worked hard for.Dont hate me but I live in a really nice house.You could to if you hadn't been taught from birth how to bleed the system for freebies Freddie The Freeloader.
Huh

London, UK

#34 Jul 28, 2013
<quoted text>So how long have you been on the Garbage Truck azz wipe?
Never been on a garbage truck but I respect the people that do that job because at least they are working.I worked hard and went to pharmacy school and became a pharmacist.I get to see you freeloading azz wipes all the time crying screaming I want my pills Ahhhhhhhh.
guessing

Thelma, KY

#35 Jul 28, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Never been on a garbage truck but I respect the people that do that job because at least they are working.I worked hard and went to pharmacy school and became a pharmacist.I get to see you freeloading azz wipes all the time crying screaming I want my pills Ahhhhhhhh.
I guess all these "freeloading azz wipes" are helping provide your lifestyle.
Retired Teacher

Kuttawa, KY

#36 Jul 28, 2013
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who would make fun of others because of their clothes or because they're on food stamps and welfare, well...those people have worse problems than poor families ever will. There's a lot of kids in school who come from poor homes, but I doubt any of their classmates hold it against them or treat them any differently than they treat other kids. It's usually adults who look down on those less fortunate. Kids are generally accepting of one another regardless of their financial status.
Unfortunately you are wrong. More affluent children do tend to disassociate themselves from the less fortunate ones. This is especially prevalent among girls in the 11-16 age group. However, they base it more on the child's appearance (clothes and possessions) than on a real understanding of the other child's economic cirumstances. Most of this is no doubt learned from their parents. Most poor children soon realize that they are considered lower class and no matter how smart or capable they are, most of them participate far less in school activities than do the better off children. That is why I think the WV clothing voucher is such a good idea. Next to school uniforms, it is the best way to erase the visible difference between poor and more affluent children.
Miss Sassy

Ransom, KY

#37 Jul 28, 2013
I think if they get the voucher walmart and kmart is where the clothes should come from because they are the less fortunate and should be wearing the same as others are and they should be separated from others who are more fortunate because they are on the system and poor...
Obama

Logan, WV

#38 Jul 28, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
Clothing vouchers from who?
From Obama that's who. I will get mine next week, my granny bought my son his school clothes. I will trade mine for some good cold ones to drink.
WaitingOnMyCheck

Stollings, WV

#39 Jul 28, 2013
Isn''t Obama the greatest!
aha

Thelma, KY

#40 Jul 28, 2013
Obama wrote:
<quoted text>From Obama that's who. I will get mine next week, my granny bought my son his school clothes. I will trade mine for some good cold ones to drink.
Bless your little heart.
Retired Teacher

Kuttawa, KY

#41 Jul 28, 2013
Miss Sassy wrote:
I think ... they should be separated from others who are more fortunate because they are on the system and poor...
I hope that the statement above was just a result of your poor command of the English language, but I'm afraid that it really is a reflection of your twisted Social Darwinist moral value system.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Theifs 33 min Pinrut 9
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 37 min Uncle Tom 34,781
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 44 min Kyboy 3,540
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr North Mountain 156,562
Word Association (Aug '11) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 7,517
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 26,464
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 2 hr Alex Nicole 8,827
Election Recall 2 hr futue te ipsi 84
Brian Morris Said 8 hr Fluffy White 25

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages