Clothing vouchers from who?
Mandy

Williamson, WV

#3 Jul 22, 2013
I just moved to WV and was wondering !
Miss Sassy

Pikeville, KY

#4 Jul 24, 2013
More ppl waiting for their free stuff with our tax money GET A JOB dont have kids if you cant feed and cloth them
Fred

Winchester, KY

#5 Jul 24, 2013
Miss Sassy wrote:
More ppl waiting for their free stuff with our tax money GET A JOB dont have kids if you cant feed and cloth them
Get off the Internet and go back to work,I need some more free stuff!
Miss Sassy

Pikeville, KY

#6 Jul 25, 2013
Thats the truth... I cant wait for them to start drug testing all you free loaders and you dont pass then all the working ppl can sit back and laugh at you...but in my opinion if you can do drugs and drink you should be able to buy stuff for your kids or dont have them tax payers shouldnt have to keep your lazy a$$ up
Historian

La Fayette, KY

#7 Jul 25, 2013
Mandy wrote:
Need to school shop!
I thought this thread was a prank, but here is the info:

http://www.wvdhhr.org/bcf/family_assistance/s...
Historian

La Fayette, KY

#8 Jul 25, 2013
Miss Sassy wrote:
You mean like all those unemployed coal miners that I keep hearing you people from eastern Kentucky whine about?
Emm

Pikeville, KY

#9 Jul 25, 2013
Historian wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean like all those unemployed coal miners that I keep hearing you people from eastern Kentucky whine about?
Yep, those disgusting bastards of laid off coal miners.
Historian

La Fayette, KY

#10 Jul 26, 2013
Emm wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, those disgusting bastards of laid off coal miners.
I have a very hard time understanding the attitude that some people in Appalachia (and the rural South) have toward the poor. Most of Appalachia's present "welfare class" are the residual (left behind after the others moved on to greener pastures elsewhere) descendants of hard-working coal miners whose jobs were eliminated by mechanization in the mines. The rural "poor white trash" and poor blacks of the South are almost entirely the residual descendants of sharecroppers who were made obsolete by the invention of cotton picking machines in the 1950s.

The people who say, "Get a job!" never seem to realize that there are no jobs to be gotten. They are completely blind to the complicated set of structural problems in our economy and society. Many of them even go so far as to deny that the structural problem exists. If they do admit its existence, the perception of it is simplistic in the extreme.
Miss Sassy

Pikeville, KY

#11 Jul 26, 2013
Its easy for you ppl to blame the need for help is due to husband laid off but the truth of the matter is that other jobs are out there and coal is pretty much gone so its time to get another job doing whatever you have to so you can provide for your family so stop complaining and wanting pity and get another job
Historian

La Fayette, KY

#12 Jul 26, 2013
Miss Sassy wrote:
Its easy for you ppl to blame the need for help is due to husband laid off but the truth of the matter is that other jobs are out there and coal is pretty much gone so its time to get another job doing whatever you have to so you can provide for your family so stop complaining and wanting pity and get another job
No. Truth of the matter is there are NOT other jobs out there. According to the latest report from the U.S. Dept. of Labor, for every job opening there are 3 qualified applicants.
maybe truth is

Pikeville, KY

#13 Jul 26, 2013
Historian wrote:
<quoted text>
No. Truth of the matter is there are NOT other jobs out there. According to the latest report from the U.S. Dept. of Labor, for every job opening there are 3 qualified applicants.
The truth is that there are many families that have relied on the government for years. When being taken care of is all you have known, then you expect just that. Then, if all you can get is a minimum wage job, what is the incentive to try to provide for yourself and your family. After all, staying at home with several children can net you hundreds of dollars in food stamps, housing assistance, utility assistance and now even a cell phone.
big daddy

Clay City, KY

#14 Jul 26, 2013
I keep waiting for the government to provide me with a free car...I get everything else free why not right? im not going to work...why should I? why should I go out and gut myself 12 hours a day when I can get the same pay hanging around the house? furthermore, I feel its OWED to me...im an American and I live in the land of opportunity!
Mandy

Williamson, WV

#15 Jul 26, 2013
Historian wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought this thread was a prank, but here is the info:
http://www.wvdhhr.org/bcf/family_assistance/s...
Thank You!!
Huh

UK

#16 Jul 26, 2013
big daddy wrote:
I keep waiting for the government to provide me with a free car...I get everything else free why not right? im not going to work...why should I? why should I go out and gut myself 12 hours a day when I can get the same pay hanging around the house? furthermore, I feel its OWED to me...im an American and I live in the land of opportunity!
If you work 12 hrs a day and only make enough pay as to what someone on public assistance gets then your job must really suck.
Miss Sassy

Pikeville, KY

#17 Jul 26, 2013
Say you dont wanna work for minimum wage but you want somebody to take care of your kids such as buying clothes sounds like your priorities are wrong maybe you should not buy your pills and buy your kids some clothes.. Cant wait till you low life bums have to get drug tested for assistance you will be knocking the doors down for minimum wage jobs to support your habit definitely not buy clothes for your kids pathetic ppl waiting for a hand out
Retired Teacher

La Fayette, KY

#18 Jul 26, 2013
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>If you work 12 hrs a day and only make enough pay as to what someone on public assistance gets then your job must really suck.
Someone who works one full-time (40 hours) minimum wage (US$7.25 per hour) job and one half-time (20 hours) job, which is not uncommon in the U.S., makes only $22,620 per year. The same would apply for a man and wife in which one had a full time job and one worked half time and devoted the rest of their time to child care.

I don't know what all the public assistance adds up to, but the federal poverty level for a family of 4 is $23,550. Thus a family of 4 in which someone works 60 hours per week for minimum wage is still living in poverty.

Working parents also have the problem of child care, which is very expensive and can well cost more than a minimum wage job pays.
big daddy

Clay City, KY

#19 Jul 27, 2013
Miss Sassy wrote:
Say you dont wanna work for minimum wage but you want somebody to take care of your kids such as buying clothes sounds like your priorities are wrong maybe you should not buy your pills and buy your kids some clothes.. Cant wait till you low life bums have to get drug tested for assistance you will be knocking the doors down for minimum wage jobs to support your habit definitely not buy clothes for your kids pathetic ppl waiting for a hand out
I don't work...and will not work...you cant come out ahead working all the time..sorry you feel that im a low-life but who is smarter? think about it..now ifyou will excuse me, its time to finish this 12 pack of keystone..and then go 4 -wheeling!
Miss Sassy

Pikeville, KY

#20 Jul 27, 2013
I wouldnt want to live off the government because i want to live where i want, dont want to stand in line at walmart with buggies full of groceries and ppl talking about me, and most important thing i wouldnt have my children humiliated at school or anywhere else because of their clothes, maybe somebody saw me at the store using a fs card or a dr office using a medical card because news flash kids will make fun of them and so do parents you make their life harder but thats your choice cause you are a government family and that was your choice not kids you can be proud just wonder if they are

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 3 min Big rig 71 13,987
Appalachian Air 6 min Write the Check 55
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 7 min Theo 21,809
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 8 min ChromiuMan 131,399
district 1 board race heats up 14 min Just a walking 31
Why are ALL Pikeville KY. Woman SO FAT? 15 min Love Big Girls 11
$$127,400. wow 24 min Donnie Overpaid 143
Pike Mingo Fed Party 2 hr Business as usual 87
8 month surplus? 6 hr Carter Sells Gas 78

Freeze Watch for Pike County was issued at October 30 at 3:27PM EDT

Pikeville Dating
Find my Match

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Pikeville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Pikeville