MSF

Ransom, KY

#58 Nov 23, 2013
As for whether this incident was an "accident," whether Senator Obama habitually declines to perform the hand-over-heart gesture, or whether there's any particular meaning to the (non-)action, an Obama campaign spokesperson responded: "Sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't. In no way was he making any sort of statement, and any suggestion to the contrary is ridiculous." The senator himself said that "My grandfather taught me when I was 2. During the Pledge of Allegiance, you put your hand over your heart. During the national anthem, you sing." When television's Inside Edition ran a segment on this issue, they included some images (supplied by the Obama campaign) of the senator standing with his hand over his heart during other playings of the national anthem:

Read more at http://snopes.com/politics/obama/anthem.asp#Y...
old dude

Pikeville, KY

#62 Nov 23, 2013
Fox New Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>That is exactly what idiots just like you said about Kennedy.
If ONLY it all could work out like Kennedy...oh, happy day!

Since: Sep 09

o------------><-----------o

#63 Nov 23, 2013
PAT RlOT wrote:
We cannot expect the godless heathens of the Liberal Agenda to actually observe and respect an individual's Freedom Of Religion, Freedom Of Speech, nor Right To Self-Expression because the very people/sect that have repeatedly presented themselves as "tolerant" are actually anything BUT when it comes to this issue. We are currently witnessing the earliest stages of the oncoming War On Christianity that's building steam in the United States and we can look to many different institutions for the evidence that it's underway. For example, the U.S. Military is encouraging it's Soldiers to publicly exercise their Homosexuality without restraint while at the same time targeting and trying to silence the Clergy within the Military. Public Schools do all they can to prevent Christian expressions from taking place on their grounds, everything from preventing prayer to altering the Pledge Of Allegiance and even trying to alter/distort national History to suppress the truth of America's origins and Christian observances. You have Public Transit lines that are firing drivers for merely professing their Faith to others while sports athletes become the targets of national ridicule for daring to display anything that verifies their Christian Faith. Now, show me exactly how the Liberal Left are "tolerant" of others and respectful of the ideals established by The United States Constitution?
I mentioned the Atheist/Secularist Agenda's attempt to distort and retell American History in their pitifully deceived need to indoctrinate others at the earliest ages possible..this is done because a younger person is more receptive to persuasion, coercion, and influence. This is why Public Education is becoming the latest battleground, Liberals know that a well-informed adult is more likely to make their own decisions which would result in some opting to embrace Faith-based beliefs..catch them young enough and they (Liberals) hope to conform and mold them to share and mirror their own heathen dogma. For anyone that really wants to read the TRUTH about America's foundation or the Liberals' invalid use of Separation Of Church And State then perhaps you'll find the two posts below from some former IDs of mine beneficial:
Concerning Revisionism -
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/pikeville-ky/...
Concerning Separation -
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/pikeville-ky/...
Hi!

We do respect everyone's freedom of religion ..... as long as they aren't attempting to force it upon everyone else. In respecting freedom of religion you have to see that America isn't just one religion but a lot of them. And they 'all' are taxpayers and citizens which the government serves.

The only 'war on Christianity' I've seen is people telling them to worship as they please but leave us alone.

“PROUDLY PUNKING MODS & TROLLS ”

Since: May 13

FOR 1/2 A DECADE!!!

#64 Nov 23, 2013
___Jenny___ wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi!
We do respect everyone's freedom of religion ..... as long as they aren't attempting to force it upon everyone else. In respecting freedom of religion you have to see that America isn't just one religion but a lot of them. And they 'all' are taxpayers and citizens which the government serves.
The only 'war on Christianity' I've seen is people telling them to worship as they please but leave us alone.
Now, now Jenny, that is not entirely true at all. While perhaps YOU may respect others rights to exercise their religious beliefs, most Liberals in general do not. I have heard this same cry of "religion being forced on us" by the Left my whole life yet rarely actually see any valid evidence to support such claims. In fact, it's the Left that tries it's best to force silence and burden upon Christians whenever possible in their attempts to attack trivial things anymore such as public plaques or pledges in schools or songs at sporting events. Yet on the other hand, the Left does not raise a breath about the increased teaching of the Qu'ran in many American Public Schools lately and that alone is utter hypocrisy of course.

Look, the expression and observance is Freedom OF Religion, not the Freedom FROM Religion and the Liberal Left seems to be dead set on trying to create the latter and it is NEVER going to happen. The very ideals that strengthen, bolster, support, and mightily uphold the Freedom Of Religion are ones applicable to ALL people regardless if they are a Christian, an Atheist, Buddhist, Hindu or what have you for the phrase itself means that we, as the individuals we are, have the CHOICE to embrace a Religion or NOT to embrace one as well..to practice the tenets of that faith or to NOT practice any at all. It does NOT mean that people have the right to infringe on a Believer's expressionism of their Faith or push some godless agenda on to people that have chosen to acknowledge God (or whomever).

P.S.- Come visit our Music Threads when you get a chance, Jenny..you always make them more fun and interesting..Bye!

FOR 1/2 A DECADE!!!

#65 Nov 23, 2013
old dude wrote:
<quoted text> If ONLY it all could work out like Kennedy...oh, happy day!
I didn't know whether to chuckle or sigh when I first read this, Dude. Personally, I think JFK's heart was in the right place so to speak in the fact I believe he had an earnest concern for ALL people in general but his Liberal Agenda initiatives would've undermined the very safety of this nation given time. Can you imagine what a hell on Earth America would be had Oswald not been so determined and precise?

America itself has a tendency to slay the Peacemakers, the heralds that would seek to establish the ways of peace and uncompromising love like the Kennedys, Martin Luther King, Jr., or John Lennon for
example. Oh well, at least we'll never have to worry about them assassinating Obama because that POS
has done more to divide the people, to fuel conflict and promote polarization so much in fact that he
has nothing to lose anyway.
old dude

Pikeville, KY

#66 Nov 23, 2013
PAT RlOT wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't know whether to chuckle or sigh when I first read this, Dude. Personally, I think JFK's heart was in the right place so to speak in the fact I believe he had an earnest concern for ALL people in general but his Liberal Agenda initiatives would've undermined the very safety of this nation given time. Can you imagine what a hell on Earth America would be had Oswald not been so determined and precise?
America itself has a tendency to slay the Peacemakers, the heralds that would seek to establish the ways of peace and uncompromising love like the Kennedys, Martin Luther King, Jr., or John Lennon for
example. Oh well, at least we'll never have to worry about them assassinating Obama because that POS
has done more to divide the people, to fuel conflict and promote polarization so much in fact that he
has nothing to lose anyway.
I'm truly amazed that he's not already been assassinated and I really wonder if he will make it 3 more years...the secret service must be doing one Hell of a job. Then again they aren't infallible and plenty of nuts are out there,we see it almost weekly....I only hope if they do it they don't use an AR15...they're just now coming back down in price...
DAYUM

Winchester, KY

#67 Nov 23, 2013
old dude wrote:
<quoted text> If ONLY it all could work out like Kennedy...oh, happy day!
You damn commie you help take the coal away. You old hoe. EVERY ONE KNOW'S BUSH and CHANEY ruined the coal market by saying drill baby drill. I owned 70 ACER'S UP THERE. And they drilled on it, THEY WANT TO DRILL more but that's money in my pocket now. Won't hurt you no more now.
DAYUM

Winchester, KY

#68 Nov 23, 2013
old dude wrote:
<quoted text> I'm truly amazed that he's not already been assassinated and I really wonder if he will make it 3 more years...the secret service must be doing one Hell of a job. Then again they aren't infallible and plenty of nuts are out there,we see it almost weekly....I only hope if they do it they don't use an AR15...they're just now coming back down in price...
BETTER WATCH YO DAM TALK the government is reading this sh!t you are talking.Hell they might come in and do a drug bust on yo dam aZZ. BELIVE ME THEY WOULD FIND THEM.THEY MIGHT PUT A DAM DRONE UP YO DAM AZZ STUPID HOE.
facts

Ransom, KY

#69 Nov 23, 2013
MSF wrote:
<quoted text>
The First Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof and Article VI specifies that no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States. The modern concept of a wholly secular government is sometimes credited to the writings of English philosopher John Locke, but the phrase "separation of church and state" in this context is generally traced to a January 1, 1802 letter by Thomas Jefferson, addressed to the Danbury Baptist Association in Connecticut, and published in a Massachusetts newspaper.
Echoing the language of the founder of the first Baptist church in America, Roger Williams—who had written in 1644 of A hedge or wall of separation between the garden of the church and the wilderness of the world Jefferson wrote, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State."[1]
Jefferson's metaphor of a wall of separation has been cited repeatedly by the U.S. Supreme Court. In Reynolds v. United States (1879) the Court wrote that Jefferson's comments "may be accepted almost as an authoritative declaration of the scope and effect of the [First] Amendment." In Everson v. Board of Education (1947), Justice Hugo Black wrote: "In the words of Thomas Jefferson, the clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect a wall of separation between church and state."[
I love when provable facts are posted and yet some one says they disagree or those facts are clueless. That's some of the problem some of you don't care about the facts you just want your opinion to be right come hell or high water. Well trust me I am a Christian and as bad as I hate to admit it this is true. If we would learn to tolerate each others religion it might bring the water from a rolling boil to luke warm. Hate is not the answer.
old dude

Pikeville, KY

#70 Nov 23, 2013
DAYUM wrote:
<quoted text>BETTER WATCH YO DAM TALK the government is reading this sh!t you are talking.Hell they might come in and do a drug bust on yo dam aZZ. BELIVE ME THEY WOULD FIND THEM.THEY MIGHT PUT A DAM DRONE UP YO DAM AZZ STUPID HOE.
I ain't afraid of this gov't---they can't even get a website working or get planes to Benghazi..besides I haven't threatened anybody...ain't no law against wishful thinking.
plzzzzz

United States

#71 Nov 24, 2013
Jenny is part of the propoganda machine , they just spout out a bunch of orgainized words saying they are facts ,when in truth they are not ! They play a numbers game figuring most ppl will not fact check things for them selves , there by leading as many as they can astray. Then when enough are misinformed ppl start to take there bs as fact. They are and have been and are rewriting history in schools to blind young minds of truth . They hate me very much lol . When they read this they will become combative and spout out more bs and provide links to back up there claims , they have spared no expense with there lies, and they are expert decievers often mixing real facts into there arguments to appear credible.
plzzzzz

United States

#72 Nov 24, 2013
Fox New Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>That is exactly what idiots just like you said about Kennedy.
obam
a is not in anyway like kennedy dumbass . kennedy love the usa and upheld the constitution . He took the oath he took to heart .
plzzzzz

United States

#73 Nov 24, 2013
MSF wrote:
<quoted text>
The First Amendment to the United States Constitution provides that "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof and Article VI specifies that no religious Test shall ever be required as a Qualification to any Office or public Trust under the United States. The modern concept of a wholly secular government is sometimes credited to the writings of English philosopher John Locke, but the phrase "separation of church and state" in this context is generally traced to a January 1, 1802 letter by Thomas Jefferson, addressed to the Danbury Baptist Association in Connecticut, and published in a Massachusetts newspaper.
Echoing the language of the founder of the first Baptist church in America, Roger Williams—who had written in 1644 of A hedge or wall of separation between the garden of the church and the wilderness of the world Jefferson wrote, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church & State."[1]
Jefferson's metaphor of a wall of separation has been cited repeatedly by the U.S. Supreme Court. In Reynolds v. United States (1879) the Court wrote that Jefferson's comments "may be accepted almost as an authoritative declaration of the scope and effect of the [First] Amendment." In Everson v. Board of Education (1947), Justice Hugo Black wrote: "In the words of Thomas Jefferson, the clause against establishment of religion by law was intended to erect a wall of separation between church and state."[
jefferson knew the gov had to be kept out of the church thats why he did that ! The king of england was emposing his will in the church, thats why they came here in the first place duh. Oh and jesus loves you to unfortunly lol .:)

FOR 1/2 A DECADE!!!

#78 Nov 24, 2013
MSF wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lost in a fog created by your hang up on two mere words: Hedge and Wall. Neither one are all that relative at the heart of the actual matter which is Separation of Church and State. My "Separation Misconstrued" thread is specifically targeting you Liberals who have warped, distorted, and misrepresented this idea and mistakenly attribute it to Thomas Jefferson. You all either lie about it's original intent or you blather on about it all the
while not grasping what it actually was meant to be applied to originally. Anyway, here's two words for you...it's Freedom OF Religion, not Freedom FROM Religion.

FOR 1/2 A DECADE!!!

#81 Nov 24, 2013
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>You ridiculous tard, you have no idea what you are talking about.
Seperation means complete Seperation Doofus.
Your infantile post only establishes the fact that you have no intellectually-based grasp of what entails this debate or the deeper truths about it to begin with.

That said..F_CK U & Go Die you sniveling little POS punk..you're worthless.

LMAO!

FOR 1/2 A DECADE!!!

#83 Nov 24, 2013
Fox News Is A Joke wrote:
<quoted text>It is easy to understand think about you and the complete Seperation you have from Normal Society.
It is complete and it is an impenetrable Wall you useless twerp.
Lmfao
Damn right I'm separated from society but there's nothing "normal" about that society, you dipsh!t. I know you're a closed-off, socially-shunned, shut-in miscreant but have you seen your so-called "normal society" lately? It's flooded with ignorant dumbasses, morally bankrupt trash, sick perverts, godless homosexuals, and mobs of mindless vermin unable to think or do for themselves. I thank God I am separated and set apart from such hordes of useless scum and especially thankful that I'm so much more intelligent, free-thinking, and morally grounded eons
beyond an insignificant punk SOB like yourself. You are nothing, son as you sit here day in and day
out offering idiotic drivel and never actually doing anything but hiding here in cowardice and shame
trying to convince yourself you somehow matter in the big picture and facts are you don't. You never
will either for you are a gutless, filthy degenerate whose only connection to the world outside is your
internet outlet. Beyond that, you are a meaningless nobody with nothing to contribute to the world and
nothing about your worthless hide is redeemable or promising, you silly son ov @ b!tch, LMAO!
old dude

Pikeville, KY

#85 Nov 24, 2013
Engineering Marvel wrote:
<quoted text>You sorry SOB.
Stupid check drawing Obama kissass
Billy Bob C Teabag

London, KY

#87 Nov 24, 2013
I'm a Republican and a full-fledged Tea Party member, and that as everybody knows means I know more about God than all of you.

We'll sure as shootin' win the next election for president. By majority vote we won one out of the last six. We'll do it again.

Then we'll do the right thing. The American thing. The republican thing. We'll make sure liberals, gays, Mexicans, those muslims from India, blacks, women, commies, and everybody not white male baptist no longer get freedom of speech or a say in anything. That'll solve our, the republicans, problems.

Those uppity women will know their place, too. They can stay at home like they should. They should've never been allowed to go to those liberal commie colleges. Colleges make women turn into lesbians, practice witchcraft, and destroy republican capitalism. They can stay at home. And if they wanna know about God they can do like the bible says and ask their man when he comes home from church. A good God fearing church sponsored by the government.

We'll sure as shootin win if my name isn't Billy Bob Clueless Teabag.

“Unions are still scum ”

Since: Dec 07

Atlanta

#89 Nov 25, 2013
Billy Bob C Teabag wrote:
I'm a Republican and a full-fledged Tea Party member, and that as everybody knows means I know more about God than all of you.
We'll sure as shootin' win the next election for president. By majority vote we won one out of the last six. We'll do it again.
Then we'll do the right thing. The American thing. The republican thing. We'll make sure liberals, gays, Mexicans, those muslims from India, blacks, women, commies, and everybody not white male baptist no longer get freedom of speech or a say in anything. That'll solve our, the republicans, problems.
Those uppity women will know their place, too. They can stay at home like they should. They should've never been allowed to go to those liberal commie colleges. Colleges make women turn into lesbians, practice witchcraft, and destroy republican capitalism. They can stay at home. And if they wanna know about God they can do like the bible says and ask their man when he comes home from church. A good God fearing church sponsored by the government.
We'll sure as shootin win if my name isn't Billy Bob Clueless Teabag.
Thanks for the info dumbass.
MSF

Pikeville, KY

#93 Nov 25, 2013
PAT RlOT wrote:
<quoted text>
You are lost in a fog created by your hang up on two mere words: Hedge and Wall. Neither one are all that relative at the heart of the actual matter which is Separation of Church and State. My "Separation Misconstrued" thread is specifically targeting you Liberals who have warped, distorted, and misrepresented this idea and mistakenly attribute it to Thomas Jefferson. You all either lie about it's original intent or you blather on about it all the
while not grasping what it actually was meant to be applied to originally. Anyway, here's two words for you...it's Freedom OF Religion, not Freedom FROM Religion.
Your the one lost. What Im stuck on is what the constitution says. That congress shall make no law respecting any religion. It also says that no test will be givin to hold Office. So as I see it it proves that the country is not founded on Christianity or does the president have to be a Christian. Yall are the one trying to lie about that. When it comes to the government forcing religion is schools or in any government function then its wrong.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 3 min DITCH MITCH 153,981
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 5 min Hell yea 5,453
Word Association (Aug '11) 7 min _Zoey_ 5,050
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 8 min _Zoey_ 21,558
The Future of Eastern Kentucky 24 min Bye Bye Coal 18
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 45 min put that spoon 81,642
Everybody on facebook are christains 48 min sunday f u 6
Valley Elementary Teacher having an affair? 3 hr afternoondelight 47
•••
•••
Pikeville Dating

more search filters

less search filters