Fire Department

Harold, KY

#1 Jan 20, 2013
I just watched the news...Thank you from the bottom of heart Mr. Compton from the Fire Dept in Pike County for trying to get fire alarms in homes...We waste so much money on clothes(Designer) ..toys...games for our kids that we forget about their safety..(I include myself)...and some families just can not afford to buy one...i just bought a family member one because I love them and want them safe...I am praying that you get lot's of donations and that my county does the same...(FLOYD COUNTY HERE)...we need to give the gift that keeps on giving...so if people will donate a fire alarm with every toy they give maybe soon every home will have one...God bless the families who has lost loved ones to fire...and God Bless you for caring
Fire Department

Harold, KY

#2 Jan 22, 2013
You go Pike County....Now what is Floyd County going to do......as usual....probably nothing
SO SO SO SAD

Pikeville, KY

#3 Jan 22, 2013
is so sad that a family here in Pike co just lost a whole family as it has been on the news all week. It would have been great if they had an alarm. I wish that someone in the fire dept or whoever could make donations to ALL familes to get an alarm....
It is worth saving lives......!!!!

HOPEFULLY SOME ONE OR SOME COMPANY WILL DONATE FOR ALL FAMILIES!!!!!!!!!!
Justice

Ransom, KY

#4 Jan 23, 2013
You guys should be required to have freaking fire detectors period. That arent expensive nor is the batteries. You can get them at Lowes or Walmart for under 20 dollars usually, and the batteries at the Dollar Tree for a dollar or 2. Why does it always take a tragedy for people to wake up and take responsiblity for there own welfare
Hello

Harold, KY

#5 Jan 23, 2013
Justice wrote:
You guys should be required to have freaking fire detectors period. That arent expensive nor is the batteries. You can get them at Lowes or Walmart for under 20 dollars usually, and the batteries at the Dollar Tree for a dollar or 2. Why does it always take a tragedy for people to wake up and take responsibility for there own welfare
Because there is some young people out there who are having children when they can't even take care of themselves....no responsibility.....I know they should have ....no matter how they are taught at home so do go astray..But let's not let that hold...you are very right about the price....but if it like a few i know they would rather spend money on cigs...movies...games...energy drinks...and so on...no responsibility at all...I know I have a few in my family that really need to be more responsible..There is several ways to take care of your family....safety is one
info

Teaberry, KY

#6 Jan 25, 2013
magic mart has them 3 im a pack for $14.99

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 24 min He is Republican 39,975
Teachers Retirement & Ray Jones 40 min Taken for 16 6
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 48 min hmmmmmmmmm 171,855
Kayla Sawyers from rocky road 50 min Officer nunya 11
Steven Childers for Constable 1 hr Citizen 5
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 3 hr Trump Lies 6,139
Bevins And Trump Will NOT be Re-Elected, Fools ... 3 hr Thank Goodness 28
Medicare 12 hr Sorrysac 35

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages