Big sandy community college refunds

Big sandy community college refunds

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

Need money

Manchester, KY

#1 Sep 9, 2013
Does anyone know when BCTCS is going to give us our financial aid this term?
Curious

Manchester, KY

#2 Sep 9, 2013
Why are they splitting up the refunds now?
The deal

Langley, KY

#3 Sep 9, 2013
They are splitting the refunds up because people have learned to abuse the system...yet again. They enroll in school, get financial aide than when they receive the aide they drop out of school and keeping the money. They have learned they don't have to repay it. Well, the working tax people are tried of giving handouts and have reported it to the government.
Curious

Manchester, KY

#4 Sep 9, 2013
Well that's just a bunch of crap. I'm hoping well get our refund this Thursday but I'm not sure.
jew

Teaberry, KY

#5 Sep 9, 2013
Broke ass little Jew is finally a man.
wow

Chesterfield, MO

#6 Sep 10, 2013
what do you mean splitting them up? So how does this work?
I think

Manchester, KY

#7 Sep 10, 2013
They give you half at like six weeks after term starts or something and give you the other half a few weeks later so you can't get all your refund and drop your classes
hadjj

Clay City, KY

#8 Sep 10, 2013
Maybe they shouldn't give anything until someone passes their classes.
Wondering

Macon, GA

#9 Sep 11, 2013
Just heard it will now be 9/26 before any refunds are given......
Curious

Manchester, KY

#10 Sep 11, 2013
Where did you hear this?
Wondering wrote:
Just heard it will now be 9/26 before any refunds are given......
Finn

Bradenton, FL

#11 Sep 11, 2013
Why are people getting refunds at all?! The school should get enough money to cover your tuition...maybe books...and what money is not spent should be returned. Some of us actually pay our own tuition. We also work and pay taxes so we are paying for people like you to go to school as well. I am so tired of the government wasting money that I actually EARNED!! No one should be getting paid to get an education!

Now I suppose I will have to read about how most of you are "single moms trying to make a better life for your children". Perhaps you should have thought about what kind of life your child would have BEFORE you got pregnant!! Perhaps you should have waited to have children until you were married...or not have slept with a loser who cannot support a child. You made your choices, stop making us pay for them.
Wondering

Pikeville, KY

#13 Sep 11, 2013
Because, Finn, some of us had to take student loans just to get books for class and if the bookstore doesn't receive their money you charged by a certain date then you can get kicked out of class for having a balance. The federal student loans go on the "refund" card. So it isn't a refund at all, but a loan that has to be repaid in my case, Finn. The school just calls it a "refund" for everyone across the board.
BSCTC Disbursement Email

Betsy Layne, KY

#14 Sep 14, 2013
Email came yesterday stating that all money will be available 9/19/13 but will not be on the Higher One cards until 9/26/13. If you chose to have yours sent to your personal bank account, you will receive it also on 9/26/13. If you chose to have a check sent, you will have it after 10/1/13. Hope this helps!
Split

Chesterfield, MO

#15 Sep 15, 2013
They split it if you have a bi-term class the second bi-term, so that they know you're going to attend that class. Me personally, I'm not full time until second bi-term in October so I can't get full time financial aid til then, and FYI mine are loans that I also have to pay back.
Wants to know

Macon, GA

#16 Sep 15, 2013
So if I am taking all my classes already for the fall term will they still split my refund up?
Split

Chesterfield, MO

#17 Sep 16, 2013
Wants to know wrote:
So if I am taking all my classes already for the fall term will they still split my refund up?
Shouldn't
Waiting

Macon, GA

#18 Sep 20, 2013
Has anyone heard for sure when well get them? I checked my account today and it still shows that I owe so I wonder when well get our refund. Will they take the money off our account the same day they give us our refunds or is it separate days?
Split

Chesterfield, MO

#19 Sep 22, 2013
In the past, I have seen a zero balance on my account the day before the refund is on my card.
Wondering

Pikeville, KY

#20 Sep 22, 2013
From the looks of things it will be the 26th. They got the money on the 19th and it takes them about a week to process all the accounts and issue refunds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min DGAS 160,637
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 16 min American 36,134
old Kmart building?? 1 hr justme 2
Airport Board Once Again FAILS to Meet v2.0 2 hr Vanderbeck PBX again 8
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 2 hr One Eyed Willy 4,023
ANE Selective Reporting 4 hr Vanderbeck PBX again 6
Does Ray Jones still Represent UMG (Jan '15) 5 hr Political Stench 33
Dr. Tamara Musgrave (Nov '09) 14 hr Pikeville Parent 65
Easy women in Pikeville, Ky 18 hr Curious 24

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages