Old and Forgotten Restaurants

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Im Hungry

United States

#1 Dec 28, 2009
For those of us that can remember the old and gone restaurants of Pikeville or Pike County, what was your favorites? I can think of two right off, Pasquales and 460 Drive Inn, also Pollyanna Drive In theater concession stand food. The best chilli I ever ate on a hot dog!
Delinquent

Mount Sterling, KY

#2 Dec 28, 2009
Anyone been to the windmill in a while. I dont even know if its open anymore, went there two summers ago and ate breakfast, was ubergood
Old Shep

Lexington, KY

#3 Dec 28, 2009
Shorts drug store. Great hamburgers and those little mini-juke boxes in every booth! Those were the days. Frostee Freeze in elkhorn was always a summer treat. The Willow Tree drive in was also a favorite Way Back When....
remenbering

Macon, GA

#4 Dec 28, 2009
Old Shep wrote:
Shorts drug store. Great hamburgers and those little mini-juke boxes in every booth! Those were the days. Frostee Freeze in elkhorn was always a summer treat. The Willow Tree drive in was also a favorite Way Back When....
Grew up on Marrowbone went to school at elkhorn. Grade school at Millard.Remenber them all. Those were the days.
suzy Q

Pikeville, KY

#5 Dec 28, 2009
lock stock and barrel,downtown williamson wva,my grandma would make quilts and they would put them in the front window and sell them,it was full of antiques,i loved that place......
Back in the Day

Winchester, KY

#6 Dec 28, 2009
Mullins Cafe, Pikeville, Silver Moon, Willow Tree up Marrowbone. 3-Way still there and of course the old 460. Jerry's when they had the drive in resturant in back.

3-Way the only one left in Pike County with curb service, still see some old cars up there from time to time.
stan

Pikeville, KY

#7 Dec 28, 2009
Back in the Day wrote:
Mullins Cafe, Pikeville, Silver Moon, Willow Tree up Marrowbone. 3-Way still there and of course the old 460. Jerry's when they had the drive in resturant in back.
3-Way the only one left in Pike County with curb service, still see some old cars up there from time to time.
Love 3-way drive in!! THat place is still g-r-e-a-t!!
hot dogs

Pikeville, KY

#8 Dec 28, 2009
I remember three restaurants that we had lunch at from Belfry High School. Top Hat, Manhatten, and Belfry Lunch. Great memories of a welcome break away from that school building in the middle of the day.
York Town

Jackson, KY

#9 Dec 28, 2009
I remember the Pondrosa on Marrowbone & the derry bar below Indian Hills. I guess people remembers where York Town was, Do they still call that area York Town???
webby

Stanton, KY

#10 Dec 28, 2009
Burger Queen and Druthers LOL
goldenoldie

Pikeville, KY

#11 Dec 28, 2009
Ida's Dairy Bar, BarrelHouse's Restaurant, Flanary's Custardstand, Honaker's across from old WLSI, American Restaurant,Thurman's TruckStop, 460 Drive In, Kelly's Restaurant with Shorty the cook, Pinson Hotel and their Peanut Butter Pie, Faith's Dairy Bar, and I am sure there are many I have left out.
Mabel

Matthews, IN

#12 Dec 28, 2009
Henry's at Robinson Creek was the best. I did like the Andy Dandytale meals at druthers.
Thanks

Jackson, KY

#13 Dec 28, 2009
goldenoldie wrote:
Ida's Dairy Bar, BarrelHouse's Restaurant, Flanary's Custardstand, Honaker's across from old WLSI, American Restaurant,Thurman's TruckStop, 460 Drive In, Kelly's Restaurant with Shorty the cook, Pinson Hotel and their Peanut Butter Pie, Faith's Dairy Bar, and I am sure there are many I have left out.
I'm real glad I read your repy.You brought out names I had forgot. THANKS My wife worked at Ida's Dairy bar before we married.
Cassy

Jackson, KY

#14 Dec 28, 2009
Bobby Sox Grill and I liked the fountain cherry cokes at Shorts Drug store
remembering

Winchester, KY

#15 Dec 28, 2009
I REMEMBER RIFES CAFA IN TOWN(PIKEVILLE)IT WAS BETWEEN MURPHY'S AND MICKEY'S SHOE STORE.I USE TO EAT THERE FOR LUNCH WHEN THEY LET US GO TO TOWN AND EAT FROM PIKEVILLE HIGH SCHOOL.IT WAS GREAT.THE OWNER WAS A FRIEND OF MY DADS AND HE WAS GREAT!!!
goldenoldie wrote:
stan

Pikeville, KY

#16 Dec 28, 2009
What about Hobb's? Brings back memories of my childhood.
Themolddems

United States

#17 Dec 28, 2009
Little Queenie that was on town mountain and the starlite were really good places.
eater

United States

#18 Dec 28, 2009
hobbs was great,so was pasquales pizza,country kitchen,the dog house

does anybody remember pikevilles 1st chinese place.........honans chinese rest

best place to eat tho was at grannys house,those were some big a$$ breakfasts
ooo

United States

#19 Dec 28, 2009
stan wrote:
What about Hobb's? Brings back memories of my childhood.
I can remember getting hot cashews at Hobbs or Murphys...down town Pikeville???
hungry too

Manchester, KY

#20 Dec 28, 2009
does anyone remember Charlie's Resturant at Shelbiana?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Have any coal miner's heard from Mitch McConnell? 7 min Yes 120
Will Barry Chaney Open a Beer Store 7 min Loki 33
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 11 min Analog man 22,244
VAnderbeck writes yet another editorial in favo... 11 min Again Today 14
Is Mayor Laverne Dye in Trouble 15 min Bid Rigging 3
Is ISIS In America Imminent? 17 min Needed In Virgie 54
Which Laundry Is Best 20 min Jackie D 2
OMG Kentcky Power ro raise rates 12 % 22 min Thanks Mitch 61
Sheriff Charles Fuzzy Keesee 24 min aep rookery 43
Robert Marble RIP 53 min aep rookery 11