Concerned parent
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
No doubt

Red Jacket, WV

#1 Dec 1, 2017
What happened at the Pikeville special called board meeting last night?
big daddy here

Pikeville, KY

#2 Dec 1, 2017
I heard Cory Russell lit their asses up lol
Same old stuff

United States

#3 Dec 1, 2017
Ongoing dispute about the supers contract ... wasnít that spectacular
big daddy here

Pikeville, KY

#4 Dec 1, 2017
Same old stuff wrote:
Ongoing dispute about the supers contract ... wasn’t that spectacular
The truth hurts
Panther Fan

Martin, KY

#5 Dec 1, 2017
Corey enjoying open mic night . I hear he thinks he is Matlock. Funny stuff.
I was there

Corbin, KY

#6 Dec 2, 2017
No doubt wrote:
What happened at the Pikeville special called board meeting last night?
The football field agreement between the city and school district was approved. Then someone who doesnt live in or pay city or school school taxes had the audacity to rudely defame the character of our Superintendent and board members. He looked like a fool.
big daddy here

Pikeville, KY

#7 Dec 2, 2017
I was there wrote:
<quoted text>The football field agreement between the city and school district was approved. Then someone who doesnt live in or pay city or school school taxes had the audacity to rudely defame the character of our Superintendent and board members. He looked like a fool.
The truth hurts and he’s just getting started
Bill from pikeville

United States

#8 Dec 2, 2017
The sad part is Cory can't see the elite are only using him to serve their purpose. Cory makes all the accusations they keep quite and their hands are clean. I do hope he will see what they are doing to him. The people pushing him will eventuality get tried of him. They have done it before and will do it to him when they are finished with him. He will be the one looking like the fool in the end.
Doc

Pikeville, KY

#9 Dec 2, 2017
It was foolish and completely inappropriate. This could have been completely avoided by approaching the board in hopes a gaining a better understanding of the situation without public outcry. If there was valid findings then you can release a plea to the public and make them aware of the situation. He acted without class or tact on social media and hurt the credibility of the process. Pikeville Independent is not a sinking ship. This doesn't mean that concerns should not be questioned. These conversations are healthy and transparency is important. However, if an issue were to arise, acting in this manner prevents the validity and the seriousness that should be considered when approaching potential issues. If there is truly an issue, I hope that it is uncovered and addressed but I honestly do not see it and as a parent of a child in the district I hope that we can set a better example of how we as adults conduct ourselves especially in terms of our motivation to make our community a better place. There is no room for these bitter, agenda-based, and desperate attempts to harm the district and possibly individuals publicly. This city consists of some of the best people in the state, good people, and I know we can find better ways and representatives of the people to ensure business is being conducted appropriately and in the best interests of our children.
HS Parent

Pikeville, KY

#10 Dec 2, 2017
Bill from pikeville wrote:
The sad part is Cory can't see the elite are only using him to serve their purpose. Cory makes all the accusations they keep quite and their hands are clean. I do hope he will see what they are doing to him. The people pushing him will eventuality get tried of him. They have done it before and will do it to him when they are finished with him. He will be the one looking like the fool in the end.
This is unfortunate if true. I don't know Cory but, If he's truly upset and feels there is wrong doing then he just needs to learn a more appropriate way to uncover the truth. If there's people behind him then that's down right cowardly and I would love to know their motivation.
Bill from pikeville

United States

#11 Dec 2, 2017
HS Parent wrote:
<quoted text>

This is unfortunate if true. I don't know Cory but, If he's truly upset and feels there is wrong doing then he just needs to learn a more appropriate way to uncover the truth. If there's people behind him then that's down right cowardly and I would love to know their motivation.
It has to do with control. Sorta like a child not veeting their way so lets get rid of the people we cannot control.
Bill from pikeville

United States

#12 Dec 2, 2017
Bill from pikeville wrote:
<quoted text>

It has to do with control. Sorta like a child not veeting their way so lets get rid of the people we cannot control.
"Getting"
big daddy here

Pikeville, KY

#13 Dec 2, 2017
Doc wrote:
It was foolish and completely inappropriate. This could have been completely avoided by approaching the board in hopes a gaining a better understanding of the situation without public outcry. If there was valid findings then you can release a plea to the public and make them aware of the situation. He acted without class or tact on social media and hurt the credibility of the process. Pikeville Independent is not a sinking ship. This doesn't mean that concerns should not be questioned. These conversations are healthy and transparency is important. However, if an issue were to arise, acting in this manner prevents the validity and the seriousness that should be considered when approaching potential issues. If there is truly an issue, I hope that it is uncovered and addressed but I honestly do not see it and as a parent of a child in the district I hope that we can set a better example of how we as adults conduct ourselves especially in terms of our motivation to make our community a better place. There is no room for these bitter, agenda-based, and desperate attempts to harm the district and possibly individuals publicly. This city consists of some of the best people in the state, good people, and I know we can find better ways and representatives of the people to ensure business is being conducted appropriately and in the best interests of our children.
I think scheming to get things pushed through is also a bad example for children
Concerned Taxpayer

Pikeville, KY

#14 Dec 2, 2017
I was there wrote:
<quoted text>

The football field agreement between the city and school district was approved. Then someone who doesnt live in or pay city or school school taxes had the audacity to rudely defame the character of our Superintendent and board members. He looked like a fool.
It doesn't matter if Cory lives in the City or not. The Pikeville School District receives over 50 percent of its funding from state and federal sources. At least, that is what the board's budget posted on its website and published in the newspaper says. So any taxpayer in America -- and especially those in Kentucky -- have a right to question how the Pikeville Board is spending OUR money. That it right, it is OUR money, not Jerry Green's or Mark Myers's. When they stop taking state and federal funds, then they can shout, "You don't live here, so shut up!"
As for state tax money, there would be more state funding if everyone would license their personal vehicles in Kentucky. It takes a lot of nerve to accept a huge salary from the taxpayers of Kentucky, then license your family's personal vehicles in Ohio.
As for those who say there is a more appropriate way to work out these issues, well you just don't want your dirty little secrets told in public. The public's business needs to be conducted in public. The superintendent's travel expenses also need to be made public. How he gets a $1,000 per week expense allowance, but does not have to report how he spends that money, is mind-boggling. This is a travesty and a total disrespect to the taxpayers of Kentucky.
Doc

Pikeville, KY

#15 Dec 2, 2017
big daddy here wrote:
<quoted text>
I think scheming to get things pushed through is also a bad example for children
Not denying that at all. However, from what I have seen/heard it was not being handled in a way that uncovered any "scheming" but instead more slander and very harmful to the district as a whole.

If there is any misuse or misappropriation of tax payers money, I think there was no way to see this and not only that, there is no way to support his side when you act so harshly. It appeared much more personal than a representation of any public concern.

My point is there's a better way to approach this and if we as tax payers are truly concerned and if there is a real problem, you have to handle this in such a way that it can be identified and supported.
Accountability Matters

Pikeville, KY

#16 Dec 2, 2017
Doc wrote:
<quoted text>

Not denying that at all. However, from what I have seen/heard it was not being handled in a way that uncovered any "scheming" but instead more slander and very harmful to the district as a whole.

If there is any misuse or misappropriation of tax payers money, I think there was no way to see this and not only that, there is no way to support his side when you act so harshly. It appeared much more personal than a representation of any public concern.

My point is there's a better way to approach this and if we as tax payers are truly concerned and if there is a real problem, you have to handle this in such a way that it can be identified and supported.
Wasting taxpayer money for one individual who hides his actions behind closed doors is more harmful to the district. The day of accountability is finally here.
Hell yeah

Pikeville, KY

#17 Dec 2, 2017
Concerned Taxpayer wrote:
<quoted text>

It doesn't matter if Cory lives in the City or not. The Pikeville School District receives over 50 percent of its funding from state and federal sources. At least, that is what the board's budget posted on its website and published in the newspaper says. So any taxpayer in America -- and especially those in Kentucky -- have a right to question how the Pikeville Board is spending OUR money. That it right, it is OUR money, not Jerry Green's or Mark Myers's. When they stop taking state and federal funds, then they can shout, "You don't live here, so shut up!"
As for state tax money, there would be more state funding if everyone would license their personal vehicles in Kentucky. It takes a lot of nerve to accept a huge salary from the taxpayers of Kentucky, then license your family's personal vehicles in Ohio.
As for those who say there is a more appropriate way to work out these issues, well you just don't want your dirty little secrets told in public. The public's business needs to be conducted in public. The superintendent's travel expenses also need to be made public. How he gets a $1,000 per week expense allowance, but does not have to report how he spends that money, is mind-boggling. This is a travesty and a total disrespect to the taxpayers of Kentucky.
You hit the nail on the head.
big daddy here

United States

#18 Dec 3, 2017
Doc wrote:
<quoted text>Not denying that at all. However, from what I have seen/heard it was not being handled in a way that uncovered any "scheming" but instead more slander and very harmful to the district as a whole.

Stealing people’s money to further your own agenda is pretty personal to most people
Bill from pikeville

Middlesboro, KY

#19 Dec 3, 2017
Accountability Matters wrote:
<quoted text>

Wasting taxpayer money for one individual who hides his actions behind closed doors is more harmful to the district. The day of accountability is finally here.
Insane comment! How many open requests have been asked for? How many turned down? What if any violations have been found? The big question is how much has this witch hunt cost the taxpayers? Those twenty plus open records requests were not free. So who is wasting money? Who is hiding the real reason for wanting the superintendent out? Divide and conquer is much more harmful to the district than working together and making things better for ALL THE STUDENTS!
Bill from pikeville

Middlesboro, KY

#20 Dec 3, 2017
big daddy here wrote:
<quoted text>
Stealing people’s money to further your own agenda is pretty personal to most people
Proof? Accusations without proof is just lies.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min Paul 181,210
Happy 4th Zack & Tuck (Jul '14) 47 min Tucker 15
Pike County Law Enforcment Corruption 49 min Tucker 69
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 1 hr Teacher 28,338
Word Association (Aug '11) 1 hr Teacher 9,072
Republican Party Take Over In November 2018 2 hr Ahillarydeportable 51
Old Walter 3 hr YouFool 18

Pikeville Jobs

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages