xmass help for lowincome

xmass help for lowincome

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
hopefull

Martin, KY

#1 Nov 11, 2013
Were is any help

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Since: Nov 10

Point Pleasant, WV

#3 Nov 11, 2013
aaa wrote:
If you can't afford it do without.It might teach your kids that life isn't just one big handout after another.It might actually encourage them to try to do better in life.
Yea, prime example of the evil in this world. Haven't you heard of random acts of kindness? Guess you were raised with a silver spoon. Just because the parents can't make ends meet, shouldn't mean that the kids need to suffer, feeling left out and having no excitement for Christmas. Christmas isn't about gifts, but try making a child understand that. Here's what would happen with your so called "theory". The kids would grow up never having a good Christmas, no full tree, and seeing that the world doesn't care if they hurt. They will spoil their own children, giving them everything they want, giving them the childhood they never had the chance at. Those spoiled brats will grow up not appreciating anything, and taught, also, that the world doesn't care, so why should they. This, in turn, will develop a society of greed, and no simple acts of kindness.
But of course, you aren't understanding anything I say. A head full of greed based knowledge is all you know.
hopefull

Martin, KY

#4 Nov 11, 2013
Don't know when you can't work.bean working for 40you years

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Since: Nov 10

Point Pleasant, WV

#5 Nov 11, 2013
hopefull wrote:
Were is any help
Is your children in a resource program at their school? If so, the program used to have sponsors for the kids. You could also try your local churches. When I was in college, we organized an angel tree type of program where we contacted social services and got a list of children in low income homes, what they wanted for Christmas and such. If you are getting government assistance, try contacting their office to see if your family could get on a list for one of the schools.
aaa

Sweden

#7 Nov 11, 2013
road_rage wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, prime example of the evil in this world. Haven't you heard of random acts of kindness? Guess you were raised with a silver spoon. Just because the parents can't make ends meet, shouldn't mean that the kids need to suffer, feeling left out and having no excitement for Christmas. Christmas isn't about gifts, but try making a child understand that. Here's what would happen with your so called "theory". The kids would grow up never having a good Christmas, no full tree, and seeing that the world doesn't care if they hurt. They will spoil their own children, giving them everything they want, giving them the childhood they never had the chance at. Those spoiled brats will grow up not appreciating anything, and taught, also, that the world doesn't care, so why should they. This, in turn, will develop a society of greed, and no simple acts of kindness.
But of course, you aren't understanding anything I say. A head full of greed based knowledge is all you know.
Silver spoon lmfao.No just a working man I know not many of us left anymore.Hey I was raised poor as Jobs turkey and it made me work the harder for it.You want something dig down in that gut of yours and go earn it.Im just sick to death of all these freeloading sonsabiotches anymore that think whats left of working class America owes their sorry @$$es a free ride.I say cut off all snap,SSI programs.I was raised by the principle If A Man Don't Work Then He Don't Eat.So all you sorry @$$ bums need to get off your fat lazy @$$es and quit expecting everyone else to keep your children up for you.

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Since: Nov 10

Point Pleasant, WV

#8 Nov 11, 2013
aaa wrote:
<quoted text>Silver spoon lmfao.No just a working man I know not many of us left anymore.Hey I was raised poor as Jobs turkey and it made me work the harder for it.You want something dig down in that gut of yours and go earn it.Im just sick to death of all these freeloading sonsabiotches anymore that think whats left of working class America owes their sorry @$$es a free ride.I say cut off all snap,SSI programs.I was raised by the principle If A Man Don't Work Then He Don't Eat.So all you sorry @$$ bums need to get off your fat lazy @$$es and quit expecting everyone else to keep your children up for you.
Still yet, you're missing the point. It's not about the parents, or food stamps. It's about Christmas and generosity. Having compassion for a child FOR Christmas. Buying a toy for a child that doesn't have much. And a simple toy from a stranger teaches a child more about love and compassion, rather than teaching them how to "working your a$$ off". If you want nice things, you work for it, but some aren't given that opportunity. Just because a person is low income doesn't make them a bum. If you were raised poor, then you'd know that that statement would just make you a hypocrite. Lighten up. Greed has nothing to do with the spirit of Christmas, Scrooge.
info

United States

#10 Nov 11, 2013
Marlow Tackett is having his Christmas for the needed this year. I believe its in Virgie on December 22. You can visit his Facebook page for the information.
info

United States

#11 Nov 11, 2013
Meant needy, not needed
Willhelm Von Douche

Marion, NC

#13 Nov 11, 2013
Get a job. If you already got one...get another job.
Stop being selfish and asking for handouts.
my opinion

Pikeville, KY

#14 Nov 12, 2013
well i posted on here but i guess topix didnt put it up or something.
maybe the whole idea is to teach your children the true meaning of christmas.
if you remember, joseph and mary had no money to get in out of the cold night, they had to beg the innkeeper to let them sleep in the manger with the animals.
so that mary could give birth to the Saviour.
If you find yourself in a place where you have little, and so many will this year with so many having lost jobs. there is nothing wrong with seeking help from a church or other group.
the idea is to teach your children to give back when they can.
if you have to ask for help, dont be ashamed to tell your children this, let them be humble.
one day they might have the money to pay it back to the less fortunate.
let them see that there are kind hearted generous people out there and maybe they will become one as well.
it is better than going out and buying hundreds of dollars in toys/clothes, etc and not being able to afford it, just to impress the children and the neighbors.
this only teaches your children greed and gluttony.
not the true meaning of christmas, generosity, and giving love.
so sad

Thelma, KY

#15 Nov 12, 2013
my opinion wrote:
well i posted on here but i guess topix didnt put it up or something.
maybe the whole idea is to teach your children the true meaning of christmas.
if you remember, joseph and mary had no money to get in out of the cold night, they had to beg the innkeeper to let them sleep in the manger with the animals.
so that mary could give birth to the Saviour.
If you find yourself in a place where you have little, and so many will this year with so many having lost jobs. there is nothing wrong with seeking help from a church or other group.
the idea is to teach your children to give back when they can.
if you have to ask for help, dont be ashamed to tell your children this, let them be humble.
one day they might have the money to pay it back to the less fortunate.
let them see that there are kind hearted generous people out there and maybe they will become one as well.
it is better than going out and buying hundreds of dollars in toys/clothes, etc and not being able to afford it, just to impress the children and the neighbors.
this only teaches your children greed and gluttony.
not the true meaning of christmas, generosity, and giving love.
It is true,Christmas shouldn't be about getting and giving stuff. Why should someone ask a church for help for gifts when many of them never enter a church any other time of the year? Unfortunately many spend their entire lives asking or begging for help from others and the government. I don't see that as being humble. True humility is thinking less about yourself.
my opinion

Pikeville, KY

#16 Nov 12, 2013
so sad wrote:
<quoted text>
It is true,Christmas shouldn't be about getting and giving stuff. Why should someone ask a church for help for gifts when many of them never enter a church any other time of the year? Unfortunately many spend their entire lives asking or begging for help from others and the government. I don't see that as being humble. True humility is thinking less about yourself.
You are talking about career junkies and fakes.
Those who spend their checks on drugs or beer or whatever all year long and dont try to put anything away for a rainy day.
I am talking about those that charity was intended for, the ones who have lost their jobs, or who have lost a spouse and their income.
I know it is important to teach children the value of hard work and how to make ends meet.
But it is also important to teach them that God wants us to love each other and help those who are in a bad place.
And that means the children, they are innocent, they have no control over their parents choices.
Those parents may turn right around and sell the stuff their kids get for dope.
But when I was a young single mother, even though I did work, I had a church bring me clothes, food and toys for my child, they brought him a coat and boots.
If not for them, one or two years at our house, Christmas would have been bleak.
Think of giving as a way to help maybe put a smile on the face of a few deserving children, maybe buy food for them, socks, things that the parents cant pawn for dope.
I just think we need to take the anger out of our hearts for one day a year.
Lol

Pikeville, KY

#18 Nov 12, 2013
aaa wrote:
<quoted text>Silver spoon lmfao.No just a working man I know not many of us left anymore.Hey I was raised poor as Jobs turkey and it made me work the harder for it.You want something dig down in that gut of yours and go earn it.Im just sick to death of all these freeloading sonsabiotches anymore that think whats left of working class America owes their sorry @$$es a free ride.I say cut off all snap,SSI programs.I was raised by the principle If A Man Don't Work Then He Don't Eat.So all you sorry @$$ bums need to get off your fat lazy @$$es and quit expecting everyone else to keep your children up for you.
I have worked my whole life and ur jus down right pathetic.!!! Ppl in this world need government help not everyone is lazy! Some ppl need it ! Don't u pathetic low life's that think ther better then everyone else realize that! Yes I probably make more in 1 week than u would in a damn year! But I still think snaps ssi ect... Is a great help for most ppl! It makes me sick to see or hear ppl like u... I pray for u god bless :) may god give u a heart that not cold and cruel!
aaa

Netherlands

#19 Nov 12, 2013
Lol wrote:
<quoted text> I have worked my whole life and ur jus down right pathetic.!!! Ppl in this world need government help not everyone is lazy! Some ppl need it ! Don't u pathetic low life's that think ther better then everyone else realize that! Yes I probably make more in 1 week than u would in a damn year! But I still think snaps ssi ect... Is a great help for most ppl! It makes me sick to see or hear ppl like u... I pray for u god bless :) may god give u a heart that not cold and cruel!
Go Fk yourself you sorry @$$ sonofabiotch.I don't give a [email protected] rats @$$ how much you make you drug dealing hor.I know one [email protected] thing what I have I [email protected] well earn it and don't have to stand in line at the [email protected] post office waiting on a [email protected] handout.I say cut off every [email protected] foodstamp SSI freeloading sonofabiotch out there and if they don't work let the lazy @$$ [email protected] starve to death.The only way you would make more in a week than I did in a fkn year if you was a drug dealing hor because I don't think your sorry @$$ makes anywhere near 90k a fkn week you stupid @$$ sonofabiotch.
aaa

Netherlands

#20 Nov 12, 2013
hopefull wrote:
Were is any help
Go starve to death you dumb @$$ mooch.
I Care

Logan, WV

#21 Nov 13, 2013
aaa wrote:
<quoted text>Go Fk yourself you sorry @$$ sonofabiotch.I don't give a [email protected] rats @$$ how much you make you drug dealing hor.I know one [email protected] thing what I have I [email protected] well earn it and don't have to stand in line at the [email protected] post office waiting on a [email protected] handout.I say cut off every [email protected] foodstamp SSI freeloading sonofabiotch out there and if they don't work let the lazy @$$ [email protected] starve to death.The only way you would make more in a week than I did in a fkn year if you was a drug dealing hor because I don't think your sorry @$$ makes anywhere near 90k a fkn week you stupid @$$ sonofabiotch.
...wow, wow, wow. I sure hope you wont ever need help. I hope you get to keep your high paying job and go to sleep in your own home that you built and can always get to eat the food that your money paid for. You are fortunate to have all of this....but your attitude is not one of gratefulness....you sound very miserable and unhappy. I would live on much less and be happy and content than to be in your shoes. I hope you don't have children and are raising them the way you feel. You know you or yours might need help one day. To the person that asked this question, check with social services or at the food stamp office. They might be helping. Good Luck
that kid all grown up

Pikeville, KY

#22 Nov 13, 2013
road_rage wrote:
<quoted text>
Yea, prime example of the evil in this world. Haven't you heard of random acts of kindness? Guess you were raised with a silver spoon. Just because the parents can't make ends meet, shouldn't mean that the kids need to suffer, feeling left out and having no excitement for Christmas. Christmas isn't about gifts, but try making a child understand that. Here's what would happen with your so called "theory". The kids would grow up never having a good Christmas, no full tree, and seeing that the world doesn't care if they hurt. They will spoil their own children, giving them everything they want, giving them the childhood they never had the chance at. Those spoiled brats will grow up not appreciating anything, and taught, also, that the world doesn't care, so why should they. This, in turn, will develop a society of greed, and no simple acts of kindness.
But of course, you aren't understanding anything I say. A head full of greed based knowledge is all you know.
You are speaking the truth for sure. I was that kid that sat year at Christmas etc... watching other children with their Mother, Father, great clothes toys and all. The feeling of void & hurt was awful. Nevertheless it became a drive. The world feels I wasn't worthy & that just because I wasn't born into money etc.. Well I beat all the odds & was greatly underestimated, by many. That is okay I am grown now, been to college, carry my own, ask no one for nothing & am holding ground in life. I feel blessed that I wasn't a spoiled shellfish, self centered, person. I am the woman I am because I survived. People always look at these dogs on the street & will spend a fortune to save them.(which is fine & I love animals.) Why can't people do the same for these innocent little children? Let me see... Because most have filled their hearts with jealousy, evil & greed. Sorry for the rant.
my opinion

Pikeville, KY

#23 Nov 14, 2013
I try not to judge others, but wouldnt it be a great, much better world, if parents, when out buying up tons of stuff for their kids. Stuff many of them cant even afford, would take a step back and say "i am going to teach my children the real meaning of christmas"!!
A couple of items is plenty for any child.
Donate the money you would spend on one toy to a charity, many of the banks have what they call santa trees.
CTB has one, I take two names off every year.
Usually an older child, because toward the end nearer to the holiday, the older children are the ones left.
I buy them one toy or electronic or a watch, a bracelet for a girl and a few items of clothes.
And believe me, I have been there, I have had churches and other benefactors to help me when I was a young mother.
I am by no means, well off, but I can afford to buy a couple of items and donate my canned goods that are just sitting in the cabinet, to a group helping the less fortunate.
This may be the only item that child has to unwrap at christmas.
and it isnt about whats inside the package, its the act of having your name called and a gift handed to you and unwrapping it in front of everyone.
It is being able to go to school and say, this is what I got.
No child should have to say I got nothing at all.
And the parents who are raising their kids to expect 20 gifts each, well, do they understand the expense of those items?
Children have much bigger hearts than most adults.
If you say to most LITTLE kids, would you like to give one gift or two gifts, or buy some food for some poor children?
Most will say yes.
Unless they are taught greed and gluttony.
Remember the reason is love and giving.

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Since: Nov 10

Point Pleasant, WV

#24 Nov 14, 2013
that kid all grown up wrote:
<quoted text>You are speaking the truth for sure. I was that kid that sat year at Christmas etc... watching other children with their Mother, Father, great clothes toys and all. The feeling of void & hurt was awful. Nevertheless it became a drive. The world feels I wasn't worthy & that just because I wasn't born into money etc.. Well I beat all the odds & was greatly underestimated, by many. That is okay I am grown now, been to college, carry my own, ask no one for nothing & am holding ground in life. I feel blessed that I wasn't a spoiled shellfish, self centered, person. I am the woman I am because I survived. People always look at these dogs on the street & will spend a fortune to save them.(which is fine & I love animals.) Why can't people do the same for these innocent little children? Let me see... Because most have filled their hearts with jealousy, evil & greed. Sorry for the rant.
That's exactly right. Too much of jealousy, evil, and greed. They put some families down because they aren't as wealthy, and say, "well, if they didn't have that cell phone, or those cigarettes, they wouldn't need help." If you ask me, that's just excuses that let them sleep at night for not helping when given the chance. I hear that all the time. Regardless of what the parents do or spend money on, there's nothing more amazing than seeing a child's eyes light up on Christmas morning. Then you have those fakes who brag to the world on the charity events that they've done. To help one another, do it for the right reasons, or don't even bother.
I'm glad that you've done good for yourself as an adult. Most kids follow the footsteps of a parent and stay at the bottom because they've already given up.

“lmao I'm a flamer”

Since: Nov 10

Point Pleasant, WV

#25 Nov 14, 2013
I was lucky growing up. My parents made it by, and were able to give us good Christmas'. But what turned me around was one Christmas in particular. My parents had to file for bankruptcy. What little money was saved went for it, and some things were taken. They couldn't afford a Christmas for us like in years passed. I made a comment as I opened my last present, which there were only a few. "That's it??" I heard my mom crying that day, and I'll never forget it. What an inconsiderate brat I was. I stopped wanting so much that year, and focused more on what I had.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump Health Care 15 min Traveler 11
white sissy boy needs c#ock 1 hr Gator 4
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr ChromiuMan 158,064
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 9,201
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 26,679
Hypocrite McConnell 3 hr Hypocrit McTurtle 5
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 3 hr Trump Is Orange 3,601
Pea and Wee PLLC 3 hr Amy 22

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages