Best child custody attorney in Pikeville

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
who knows the right one

Phelps, KY

#1 Sep 2, 2009
My daughter is 12 years old and begging me to not make her go to her dads house. She wants to see him but not as often as she has to go. I need to get her visitation changed. Can someone please tell me what attorney I should go to? If she refuses to go, what can I do about it?
maybe

Thelma, KY

#2 Sep 2, 2009
You might try Michael DeBourbon. I heard that he is a good custody attorney. I don't know if you can allow her not to go see her father at the scheduled visitations.
good samaritan

Perry, OK

#3 Sep 2, 2009
unless there is a very good reason showing that the fatehr is a hazard to your daughter's health, the judge will not allow her to choose when she wants to go see her dad. You have to go by the standard visitation order. however, if you and her father could work something out to where you both agreed to a new schedule, then he would allow you to do that. but i have seen similar situations with a 9 year old little boy and judge thompson said that he had to go and that a nine year old did not rule his court room.
who knows the right one

Phelps, KY

#4 Sep 2, 2009
Anyone else? Thats who her father has.
My Opinion

Phelps, KY

#5 Sep 2, 2009
Michael Debourbon is the best.. Then I've heard Larry Webster is the second best
good samaritan

Perry, OK

#6 Sep 2, 2009
Larry Webtser is actually better than Mike DeBourbon. He whipped his butt all over the courtroom in my mom and dad's divorce! He is great and he has a personality to match.
doesnt matter

Macon, GA

#7 Sep 3, 2009
it all depends on the case as well...you can hire the best attorney in the world but if your case sux then you might as well forget it
Just a thought

Charleston, WV

#8 Sep 4, 2009
Tammy Skeens, love her.
ADVICE

Charleston, WV

#9 Sep 4, 2009
Just a thought wrote:
Tammy Skeens, love her.
I AGREE TAMMY SKEENS IS GREAT. I JUST WON CUSTODY OF A FAMILY MEMBER AND TAMMY IS MY ATTORNEY... SHE IS AWESOME.
wondering

Ransom, KY

#10 Sep 4, 2009
i know that i messed up and my childs father is well for lack of a better word worthless. I scares me to think that my child will get to go up there adn stay with him. What should I do? And can anyone tell me about visitation rights on a 5 month old? I left his father when I found out I was pregnant.
In Order

Perry, OK

#11 Sep 4, 2009
#1 Larry Webtser
#2 sid trivette

is the best in order in custody cases
good samaritan

Perry, OK

#12 Sep 4, 2009
wondering wrote:
i know that i messed up and my childs father is well for lack of a better word worthless. I scares me to think that my child will get to go up there adn stay with him. What should I do? And can anyone tell me about visitation rights on a 5 month old? I left his father when I found out I was pregnant.
The father will have alternating weekends with you and every other thursday following the weekend visit. in even years the father gets certain holidays and in odd years certain holidays. on those days the father gets them from like 9am to 9pm. Then he gets 3 extra days with the baby in the summer. it increases with the childs age and when they get in school.
wondering

Ransom, KY

#13 Sep 5, 2009
good samaritan wrote:
<quoted text>
The father will have alternating weekends with you and every other thursday following the weekend visit. in even years the father gets certain holidays and in odd years certain holidays. on those days the father gets them from like 9am to 9pm. Then he gets 3 extra days with the baby in the summer. it increases with the childs age and when they get in school.
I thought where he is only 5 months that heonly got to get him a few hours a week
LOL

Pikeville, KY

#14 Sep 6, 2009
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought where he is only 5 months that heonly got to get him a few hours a week
yeah it is like that until they are i believe 6 months may be 1 year but you can call the child support office and find out..
hmm

Pikeville, KY

#15 Sep 6, 2009
who knows the right one wrote:
My daughter is 12 years old and begging me to not make her go to her dads house. She wants to see him but not as often as she has to go. I need to get her visitation changed. Can someone please tell me what attorney I should go to? If she refuses to go, what can I do about it?
If you call the child support office you can find out how to handle the situation and my not need an attorney. Because i know at teh age of 12 the child can be asked who they want to live with so it should be the same with whether or not they even want to see them at all. But if you need an attorney then debourben in a good one. if not Jamie hamilton and Jonah stevens are real good also..
wondering

Ransom, KY

#16 Sep 6, 2009
thank you
tess

Georgetown, KY

#17 Sep 8, 2009
Kathryn Burke
just me

Pikeville, KY

#18 Sep 8, 2009
the best way,if possiable is to speak to the father,tell him that how the child feels,without makeing him feel threatened,sometime absents makes the heart grow fonder,speak with him first,it is much better to resolve it this way that going through the courts you may have to bite your toung a few times and repeat it the request a few times but the message will get through when the dad sees that you are not trying to start trouble that you are truly concerned about the child,snf got Gods sake,dont put the child in the middle!like so many do.
oh my god

Charlotte, NC

#19 Sep 14, 2009
In Order wrote:
#1 Larry Webtser
#2 sid trivette
is the best in order in custody cases
that guy is a joke!!!
lol

Perryville, AR

#20 Sep 29, 2009
jami hamilton must not be to good lol he doesn't have full custody of his own kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 21 min Trump To Resign 37,353
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 22 min Trump To Resign 5,270
New construction in Coal Run? 39 min Inquisitive 1
Pike County Attorney Howard Keith Hall (Mar '15) 1 hr Rose 82
Golden Corral Owner ? 1 hr Northman66 61
Pike County Injustice Files 1 hr Amy 3
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 165,739
making this country great again 2 hr Trump To Resign 21
Is Tudors closing? 4 hr Family restaurant... 9

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages