THEKING

Logan, WV

#62 Aug 25, 2012
Sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Dennis and Gibson did not lie to authorities during their investigations. Elvis did. Big difference. Why didn't Elvis show up for Huffman's funeral?
Because he couldn't find his blue suede shoes.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#63 Aug 26, 2012
Sad wrote:
<quoted text>
Dennis and Gibson did not lie to authorities during their investigations. Elvis did. Big difference. Why didn't Elvis show up for Huffman's funeral?
No,Dr. Dennis and Dr. Gibson were charged with narcotic violations. Dr. Manning was not.

As far as the funeral; were you there looking for Dr. Manning or there to give your condolences to the Huffman family?
just wondering

Elkhorn City, KY

#64 Aug 26, 2012
Where was that ugly Witch that works the front window for Dr. Elvis? Why didn't she attend the funeral? Heard the Huffman man was alful good to her. Was the fat nurse there?
I thought

Mount Sterling, KY

#65 Aug 26, 2012
Ron's obituary had Dr. Manning as a Pallbearer?
Sad wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought

Mount Sterling, KY

#66 Aug 26, 2012
Ron's obituary said Dr. Manning was a Pallbearer?
Sad wrote:
<quoted text>
star bright

Elkhorn City, KY

#67 Aug 27, 2012
Jess wrote:
<quoted text>
All I was stating was, go by the facts and quit your speculation. You ppl are adding too much personal opinion into this. I wasn't bashing the investigation, the FBI done a very through one, and a great one at that, and I read the outcome in the news express, which evidently you didn't. Because you have came up obviously with your own findings.
The facts are these The FBI, DEA, FDA, and State Police had enough evidence for an investigation which followed in arrest of the people involved. Dr. Manning is facing fines and jail time, and yes I did speculate (kick backs) just as one speculated they were almost positive dr. manning had no knowledge of what was going on. I am entitled to my opinion just as you or anyone else is and my opinion is Dr. Manning is NOT that stupid to NOT BE AWARE of what was going on with the samples. I have no opinion on whether he is a good Physican or not. I'm sure he had hundreds of patients that were not Dr. Shopping and would argue he was a fair and decent Dr. That does not exempt him from what he is facing now,without evidence and findings there would be no further actions! When this first broke they were scattering like cockroaches from light diverting attention with statements as " They are doing inventory, nothing wrong with that, you people need to stop the rumor mills"

So Jess I guess my question is this.. when you specualated " almost positive he didn't know what was going on" that was okay..... BUT when I speculate "He's not that stupid" that's not okay? You can speculate but I cannot ?? lol I'm not going to post on this subject again and end with this ... If he's innocent or guilty it's not going to stop the drug problem, it's only going to get worse.
star bright

Elkhorn City, KY

#68 Aug 27, 2012
< correction > Physician and Speculated.

There ya go Stupid A$$ I"m sure you are chomping at the bit to point out those typo's. Lol

So sit UBU sit and I'll get you another cookie :)
Just saying

Elkhorn City, KY

#69 Aug 27, 2012
Its a shame, when doctors are givin samples to pass out to the patient that can't afford them and the doctors get so greedy to give them to a pharmacy to sell and then turn around and bill medicare and medicade or other health insurance and then split the money... The pharmacy didn't have to pay to bring those meds to pharmacy and doctor gets kick back from pharmacutial companys for all the scripts they write for the meds they make, and get cut of money from pharmacy....Wonder what other medicine was billed and not givin to the patient....Something to think about..The patients would never know unless they ask there insurance company for a print out of meds they have filled, say for the past year...WOW...thats pretty smart
Jess

Teaberry, KY

#71 Aug 29, 2012
star bright wrote:
<quoted text>
The facts are these The FBI, DEA, FDA, and State Police had enough evidence for an investigation which followed in arrest of the people involved. Dr. Manning is facing fines and jail time, and yes I did speculate (kick backs) just as one speculated they were almost positive dr. manning had no knowledge of what was going on. I am entitled to my opinion just as you or anyone else is and my opinion is Dr. Manning is NOT that stupid to NOT BE AWARE of what was going on with the samples. I have no opinion on whether he is a good Physican or not. I'm sure he had hundreds of patients that were not Dr. Shopping and would argue he was a fair and decent Dr. That does not exempt him from what he is facing now,without evidence and findings there would be no further actions! When this first broke they were scattering like cockroaches from light diverting attention with statements as " They are doing inventory, nothing wrong with that, you people need to stop the rumor mills"
So Jess I guess my question is this.. when you specualated " almost positive he didn't know what was going on" that was okay..... BUT when I speculate "He's not that stupid" that's not okay? You can speculate but I cannot ?? lol I'm not going to post on this subject again and end with this ... If he's innocent or guilty it's not going to stop the drug problem, it's only going to get worse.
All of your statements are vile heresay, no facts at all, If you were not a patient of his, how do you know what kind do physician he is. Innocent unitil proven guilty!!
star bright

Elkhorn City, KY

#72 Aug 29, 2012
Jess wrote:
<quoted text>
All of your statements are vile heresay, no facts at all, If you were not a patient of his, how do you know what kind do physician he is. Innocent unitil proven guilty!!
http://www.wkyt.com/searchresu lts?searchKeywords=marrowbone+ clinic&x=0&y=0

there ya go dimwitted simpleton.... ENOUGH EVIDENCE FOR INDICTMENTS yet you still deny he had any involvement. If you don't know what in the he$$ you are talking about you best shut up.
Apparently all these agencies are just as vile and wicked,,,nothing but a witch hunt on all these poor physicians and clinics. I'll tell ya what you do... you keep (wishing) on him being innocent..When a fine and/or Jail time is handed down to him I'd bet five bucks you will STILL be singing the same song..

Jess go back and read my post ..You have yet to answer my question. which is you can speculate him being innocent, I can speculate him being guilty but I'm wrong and you are right?

I"m wrong, the DEA is wrong, the FBI is wrong, the FDA is wrong, the State Police is wrong.... Please point out in my last post what exactly is vile hearsay??????? If my speculating him quilty is "vile hearsay" then your speculation of him being innocent is "vile hearsay" too.... YOU IDIOT,,, only difference is I have 4 agencies that would beg to differ your opinion!!!!
Jess

Teaberry, KY

#73 Aug 29, 2012
I best shut up ? lol, and you have the audacity to call me simple minded, these discussions are originated for intelligent conversation please take your lame replies somewhere else.
star bright

Elkhorn City, KY

#74 Aug 29, 2012
again avoiding the direct questions .... Indeed this is for those that have enough intelligence to answer a simple question... how about you just answer those questions with your LAME REPLY.

Prove to most everyone on this thread that what I've been saying is vile hearsay... Prove to everyone on this thread that when I speculated he had knowledge of wrong doing I was wrong , and all agencies are wrong ... Prove to everyone on this thread that as you say ( and only a couple more) he had no knowledge of any wrong doing. I'm waiting for the proof!! I completely stand by and commend all the agencies involved for a job well done!!
Possum

Shelbiana, KY

#75 Aug 29, 2012
I just have one thing to say about this.Who gives a flying shit?
star bright

Elkhorn City, KY

#76 Aug 29, 2012

Posted: Fri 6:29 PM, Aug 17, 2012

Several indicted on federal drug charges

PIKEVILLE, Ky.(WYMT)- Some say it is a big victory in the fight against prescription pill abuse.

Several doctors and pain clinic owners are now facing federal charges, accused of illegally distributing prescription pills.

Five federal indictments were unsealed revealing charges against 22 people including six doctors and five pain clinic owners, some in Pike and Johnson counties.

The indictments were released Friday accusing nearly two dozen people of pill mill related charges including owners of a Johnson County pain clinic that was shut down earlier this year.

"A clinic which really existed to facilitate the illegal distribution of narcotics," said US Attorney Kerry Harvey.

Indictments suggest co-owners of Caremore pain clinic Tammy Cantrell and Shelby Lackey made nearly $2 million dollars by illegally selling prescription pain pills.

Another indictment says Marrowbone Hometown Pharmacy manager Beverly Lockhart worked with Pikeville doctor Thad Manning to illegally sell drug samples.

The indictment says Lockhart and Manning knowingly sold, purchased, or traded the drug samples and lied about it to authorities.

It also says Lockhart committed health care fraud by making insurance claims that did not really exist.

Sources say the drug epidemic is reaching an all time high, especially when those behind the counters are the ones in trouble.

"It's usually about the dollar. They're worried about the money. They're wanting easy money, and I put them in the same place as any drug pusher. They should lose their license and be sentenced to whatever," said an anonymous source.

"We have communities that are literally drowning in a sea of pills, and these indictments come from a concerted, relentless effort to fight back against the scourge of prescription drug abuse," said Harvey.

They say the most commonly abused drugs in these indictments are Oxycodone and Hydrocodone.

Tammy Cantrell and Shelby Lackey both pleaded not guilty Friday morning in federal court.

Thad Manning and Beverly Lockhart will be arraigned at a later date.

----------

Location hidden

#77 Aug 29, 2012
star bright wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.wkyt.com/searchresults...
there ya go dimwitted simpleton.... ENOUGH EVIDENCE FOR INDICTMENTS yet you still deny he had any involvement. If you don't know what in the he$$ you are talking about you best shut up.
Apparently all these agencies are just as vile and wicked,,,nothing but a witch hunt on all these poor physicians and clinics. I'll tell ya what you do... you keep (wishing) on him being innocent..When a fine and/or Jail time is handed down to him I'd bet five bucks you will STILL be singing the same song..
Jess go back and read my post ..You have yet to answer my question. which is you can speculate him being innocent, I can speculate him being guilty but I'm wrong and you are right?
I"m wrong, the DEA is wrong, the FBI is wrong, the FDA is wrong, the State Police is wrong.... Please point out in my last post what exactly is vile hearsay??????? If my speculating him quilty is "vile hearsay" then your speculation of him being innocent is "vile hearsay" too.... YOU IDIOT,,, only difference is I have 4 agencies that would beg to differ your opinion!!!!
Can you or anyone else prove he did? From what I read in the newspaper, he was charged with knowing that the drug samples were being improperly diverted by the phamacist who later killed himself.I don't believe Dr. Manning hasn't been found guilty of anything yet. Leave it to the jury.
star bright

Elkhorn City, KY

#78 Aug 29, 2012
What I can prove is this.... There was enough evidence from the raid/investigation to warrent indictments of those involved, including Dr. Manning. A dozen Federal Authorities will not issue premature indictments without cause. The Indictment says... Lockhart and Manning knowingly sold, purchased, or traded drug samples and then lied about it to authorities.. What other proof do you need ?
Oh ya

Richmond, KY

#79 Aug 30, 2012
How do you know the Pharmacist killed himself?
glendajo wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you or anyone else prove he did? From what I read in the newspaper, he was charged with knowing that the drug samples were being improperly diverted by the phamacist who later killed himself.I don't believe Dr. Manning hasn't been found guilty of anything yet. Leave it to the jury.
dr jeckell

Elkhorn City, KY

#80 Aug 30, 2012
he wouldn;t nutin but a hound dog that stuck his face in a hornets nest. He never does much for his patients but rob their insurance co.s anyway. I fhank all them crooked Dr.s should get stripped of robbing insurance comps.

Location hidden

#81 Aug 30, 2012
Oh ya wrote:
How do you know the Pharmacist killed himself?
<quoted text>
I guess I don't. Someone that lived by him told me that. Maybe they lied.
disgrunt

Pikeville, KY

#82 Aug 30, 2012
how stupid wrote:
<quoted text>"himrodels"? ?? Man, you can spell them drug names, but as for the rest....what the he!!? Not sure what you're on, but he only writes NON narcotic medicine.
he might give out some prep her rashun h

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Are So Many People Leaving Pike County ? (May '11) 2 min Negan 1,069
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 3 min Man a ford Put I... 37,325
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 9 min Kyboy 5,252
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 51 min Mickey402 165,661
JcPenney Watching People If They Were thieve's. 1 hr Rob 9
White creatures , breeding for goverment checks !! 1 hr knocked up 29
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 2 hr Zeno 793
Pike County Attorney Howard Keith Hall (Mar '15) 11 hr Amy 51

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages