Donovan Blackburn Is Stupid Thnxs 4 E...

Donovan Blackburn Is Stupid Thnxs 4 Embarrassing Eastern Ky and Coach Cal

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
WillieGille

Mount Sterling, KY

#1 Apr 15, 2012
Oh yea, incompetence of great magnitude. Lets see UK and Coach Cal struggled and hustled with awesome discipline and won the Nat'l Title. Then Donovan caps it off for EKY with gross misspelling mistakes giving some credence to our nay sayers who call us illiterate hicks. "Donovan is Stupid" but " Hillbillies R Smart" Tee-Shirts would sell out during the festival.
wtf

Jackson, KY

#2 Apr 15, 2012
WillieGille wrote:
Oh yea, incompetence of great magnitude. Lets see UK and Coach Cal struggled and hustled with awesome discipline and won the Nat'l Title. Then Donovan caps it off for EKY with gross misspelling mistakes giving some credence to our nay sayers who call us illiterate hicks. "Donovan is Stupid" but " Hillbillies R Smart" Tee-Shirts would sell out during the festival.
Lmfao
Bear e

Mount Sterling, KY

#3 Apr 15, 2012
Hey, Hey, just stop it right now and leave ole Donne Boy alone, Donovan can't help it his mouth is so round that he can't properly sound out syllables and vowels.
own UP

Elkhorn City, KY

#4 Apr 15, 2012
Well, yes this was embarassing. But, now is the time to "own up" to the mistake and have a corrected plaquee made to give to Coach Calipari. I would suggest having someone from the city of Pikeville hand deliver the new plaque and pick up the one that was given that had the mistakes on it. Then bring the incorrect one back to Pikeville and destroy it asap. Mistakes happen, let's try to laugh at ourselves (everyone else in the BBN is) and fix this and move on.
Let Donnie Be

Clay City, KY

#5 Apr 15, 2012
nobodie evor spels anythang wronge in Pike Conty, we gots the best schols in the county!
Truthfully

Clay City, KY

#6 Apr 15, 2012
Mr. Blackburn was out of town at a conference...
This Dat

Kimper, KY

#7 Apr 15, 2012
Truthfully wrote:
Mr. Blackburn was out of town at a conference...
Oh, so that excuses it...so is he the only one out of his cronies that know proper grammar? The city and the commissioners are all idiots.
Right Said Fred

Pikeville, KY

#8 Apr 16, 2012
They should've just gave Coach Cal an Eric C. Conn T-Shirt.
OldVille

Prestonsburg, KY

#9 Apr 16, 2012
Doesn't surprise me in the least. No Neck Donavon couldn't run his finger up his @ss, Let alone anything that has to do with a town/city
Bear e

Stanton, KY

#10 Apr 16, 2012
I would support the continued tenure of Donovan "Round Mouth" Blackburn as the City Manager so long as he promises never to write a letter of recommendation of a PHS graduate to any college in Kentucky it might taint their chance of acceptance.
wtf

Jackson, KY

#11 Apr 17, 2012
Bear e wrote:
I would support the continued tenure of Donovan "Round Mouth" Blackburn as the City Manager so long as he promises never to write a letter of recommendation of a PHS graduate to any college in Kentucky it might taint their chance of acceptance.
Lmfao
Proud Pike Countian

Pikeville, KY

#12 Apr 17, 2012
Perhaps you should reevaluate your posts. Do you honestly think that Donovan has the time to call in these plaques himself? He was in Florida on business during this debacle. Obviously city employees should have taken the time to proofread the plaque, but everyone makes mistakes. What makes Eastern Kentuckians look stupid is the fact that they have turned on each other, and made crude comments during a time at which they should have been supportive. The real problem is that someone posted a picture of the plaque in an effort to humiliate us, when the City was making a kind gesture. I won't even comment on the personal attacks of Donovan. He does such a wonderful job, and I will never understand why so many people are so ungrateful. Thanks to him, the mayor, and commissioners the city is growing at a rapid speed; creating more jobs, promoting tourism, and boosting our economy. You should be ashamed of yourselves for your negative comments.
wtf

Jackson, KY

#13 Apr 17, 2012
Proud Pike Countian wrote:
Perhaps you should reevaluate your posts. Do you honestly think that Donovan has the time to call in these plaques himself? He was in Florida on business during this debacle. Obviously city employees should have taken the time to proofread the plaque, but everyone makes mistakes. What makes Eastern Kentuckians look stupid is the fact that they have turned on each other, and made crude comments during a time at which they should have been supportive. The real problem is that someone posted a picture of the plaque in an effort to humiliate us, when the City was making a kind gesture. I won't even comment on the personal attacks of Donovan. He does such a wonderful job, and I will never understand why so many people are so ungrateful. Thanks to him, the mayor, and commissioners the city is growing at a rapid speed; creating more jobs, promoting tourism, and boosting our economy. You should be ashamed of yourselves for your negative comments.
Can we get Donovan teeth at Pillbilly Days?

Lmfao
move on

Pikeville, KY

#14 Apr 17, 2012
I read the letter that Mr. Blackburn wrote that was printed in the ANE. It explained the error. It's done. It is time for people to move on to something important; unless bashing others somehow makes them feel special.
Bear e

Stanton, KY

#15 Apr 17, 2012
Uh, then why according to Round Mouth's letter in the newspaper was it necessary for the employee to call him in the first place to get approval to make the simple plaque, time became of the essence, and the main factor leading up to the errors, maybe just because Round Mouth requires even such simple things to receive his approval as if city employees are not capable on their own to make such simple decisions, or else "its" so draconian over there at city hall that competent employees are afraid to show some initiative on their own. The moral of this story is Round Mouth should not want the glory of every bright idea, even the ones that come from city employees. Round Mouth ought to keep his phone on at all times if he requires strict obedience from his minions to satisfy his whims of glory for every decision. This is Round Mouth's mistake Blackburn's Blunder plain and simple.
move on

Pikeville, KY

#16 Apr 17, 2012
Bear e wrote:
<quoted text>Uh, then why according to Round Mouth's letter in the newspaper was it necessary for the employee to call him in the first place to get approval to make the simple plaque, time became of the essence, and the main factor leading up to the errors, maybe just because Round Mouth requires even such simple things to receive his approval as if city employees are not capable on their own to make such simple decisions, or else "its" so draconian over there at city hall that competent employees are afraid to show some initiative on their own. The moral of this story is Round Mouth should not want the glory of every bright idea, even the ones that come from city employees. Round Mouth ought to keep his phone on at all times if he requires strict obedience from his minions to satisfy his whims of glory for every decision. This is Round Mouth's mistake Blackburn's Blunder plain and simple.
I guess you are right. If someone wants to micromanage people to the point of having to approve every little detail then they have to take the credit for both the good and bad that happens. That is not the sign of someone wanting "glory", but rather real insecurity.
This Dat

Kimper, KY

#17 Apr 17, 2012
Yes, thanks to Donovan for being in the back pocket of UMG- thanks to Donovan for having sewer/water bills that have grown exponentially under his watch, thanks to Donovan for not giving the public a fair assessment of UMG's operations, thanks to Donovan for still not providing our children/teens with adequate community outreach but taking on the EXPO center which has done NOTHING but bring in the same, tired old washed-up bands when it could have been utilized as a teen center or otherwise. Yes, my friend he is doing an amazing job:)
This Dat

Kimper, KY

#18 Apr 17, 2012
wtf wrote:
<quoted text>Can we get Donovan teeth at Pillbilly Days?
Lmfao
LMFAO too !
AntiHillbilly

Lexington, KY

#19 Apr 17, 2012
This guy did not embarrass Eastern Kentucky. Eastern Kentucky, itself, has been an embarrassment for decades. This is just an example of the status quo.
opinions

Pikeville, KY

#20 Apr 17, 2012
AntiHillbilly wrote:
This guy did not embarrass Eastern Kentucky. Eastern Kentucky, itself, has been an embarrassment for decades. This is just an example of the status quo.
Thank you for your opinion. We will waste no time thinking about it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vote Ray Out 5 min Not For Ray in El... 37
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 7 min Prez 142,417
My niece , is dating a black guy . 1 hr Lmfao 37
My dog is a homosexual. 1 hr Lmfao 13
All americans , vote for trump, america first !... 2 hr Red_Forman 23
Add a word, Drop a word (May '10) 2 hr Red_Forman 24,618
Pam and Travis pigg 5 hr Okt 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages