Lupus SLE Pain Management

Lupus SLE Pain Management

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

Retired from Ohio

United States

#1 Feb 28, 2013
Due to my disease, I was basically forced to take early retirement about 5 years ago. At the first of the year, I decided to move back to Ky in order to be close to what family I have left.

However, after being here for only this short time, I'm beginning to regret having made this decision. I had no idea how different the medical community would be regarding pain management. Due to the fact that I'm older with serious medical issues I assumed the doctors would have no problem in continuing the pain treatment plan I'd been on for quite some time.....especially considering I have a huge amount of records documenting my problems, as well as pharmacy reports dating back 8 years ago from the same drug store, Rite Aid.
Boy was I mistaken!!!

My primary care doctor has already given me a referral for continued pain management, but I'm having a hard time finding a place that will offer me the same quality of treatment as I've been receiving.

Ive been a pain management patient due to Lupus SLE, disc problems in both my neck and back, and a variety of other auto-immune conditions caused directly by the lupus for approximately the past 12 years.

Naturally, when I started out, I was placed on the mildest pain relievers. However, over the years as my disease and conditions have progressed, the same medications were no longer effective, so for the last 4 years, I have taken much stronger pain meds in order to get some relief.

It seems like around here doctors are only used to treating people who's pain is a result of an auto accident, not like mine, a disease that is chronic, progressive, effects all internal organs and eventually will be the cause of my pre-mature death.

I have no problem with adhering to strict rules and guidlines whatsover, as long as I'm able to have my pain sufficiently controlled.

Can anyone please offer a recommendation of a good doctor/nurse practitioner for pain management?
i feel your pain

Georgetown, KY

#2 Feb 28, 2013
a friend of mine battled cancer for years and trying to find a good doctor in this area i very hard. im sure with all the drug addiction it plays quite an impact on the decisions of some doctors. its a shame really, there are thoes people out there such as yourself that needs help but cannot get it...i wish you the best.
feel your pain

Georgetown, KY

#4 Feb 28, 2013
retired fom ohio wrote:
My new primary care doctor actually suggested that I just keep my pain management doctor in Ohio because its so difficult to find treatment here. Truthfully, I would if I were physically able to make the drive each month, but it's just too far. He recommended a place in Lexington called pain medicine management. Unfortunately, I've just not been able to find any patient reviews on them, even on "angie's list."
where are you living at currently? are you close to lexington? that would be a great place to find treatment if you were. east kentucky doesnt really have much to offer in specialty treatment and i wouldnt take a hamster to the local hospital.
dr fungus says

Baulkham Hills, Australia

#5 Sep 23, 2013
lupus does not exist it is academic invention for what they don't know understand or it is not money maker,your problem is and billions of other people including your doctors is good old CANDIDA for which there is no cure just control it with non candidal diet for life.google YEAST CONTAINING FOODS/ALLERGY read all my comments carefully it will save your life and cost nothing.most of you will not like it because it is so simple,as I know personally people who would rather die happily under doctors control just for the taste of it then change their diet.CANDIDA is a mother of almost any fancy diagnostic name disease including diabetes and cancers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
making this country great again 18 min GREAT AGAIN 10
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 38 min Kyboy 37,331
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Kentucky (... (Oct '10) 38 min -Christopher Jarvis 812
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 44 min Kyboy 5,258
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 44 min -Christopher Jarvis 165,695
Is Tudors closing? 45 min Curious 1
Why Are So Many People Leaving Pike County ? (May '11) 1 hr Poor Thing 1,083
Pike County Attorney Howard Keith Hall (Mar '15) 2 hr Amy 66

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages