Trick or Treat in Pikeville?
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#22 Oct 26, 2010
People abusing drugs and acohol will do so at their convience. No matter what day or time. It is a little slower at the 6 to 8 hours but that is true of any given night. Halloween should happen on Halloween Night, Oct. 31st!!!
not complaining

Macon, GA

#23 Oct 27, 2010
It is on Thursday the 28th. You can check the city of Pikeville website. I, for one, am glad since Halloween falls on my ex-husbands weekend with our son. This means that my children won't be split up and can trick or treat together. I'll gladly lose a little sleep for that.
me too

United States

#24 Oct 27, 2010
I heard they are going to change Thanksgiving this year to Tuesday, and thinking of changing Christmas Day to the 22nd. Also St Patrick's Day is going to be on a Saturday because everyone likes to get drunk on that night anyway. Also all New Years Days is going to be on a Sunday because the Expo is the only place that can sell liquor on that day so they will make more money. I also think that Wednesday would be a good day for Easter. But they have to leave Martin Luther Kings Birthday and President's day to their orginal dates. This really makes as much sense as the politicans around here!Halloween is the 31's no matter what day of the week its on! Maybe one day they will see how stupid they are.
just moved here

Georgetown, KY

#25 Oct 27, 2010
pike county is run by idiots! lmao? really? halloween celebrated 3 days prior? dont nobody at city hall own a fu cking calender? or is it the lack of reading skills? wanna celebrate it thursday? fine.. however, bags of sh it and toilet paper are still scheduled for sunday night!
peaches and cream

Pikeville, KY

#26 Oct 27, 2010
peaches and cream wrote:
they put trick or treat night on a thursday night because several several years ago when it was on a friday, a drunk driver ran over a child... so they wanted to do it a night when ppl have to work the next day or have school the day that way there would be fewer drunks on the road... but i do agree though pike county does love to suck the fun out of alot of things
again i am reposting this so ppl will understand why they done it this way....
me too

Pikeville, KY

#27 Nov 1, 2010
peaches and cream wrote:
<quoted text>
again i am reposting this so ppl will understand why they done it this way....
Good thing no drunks are out at Christmas Eve and New Years Eve or St. Patricks Day or they would change the original date for those too.Just need to look out for the dopers during the daytime and we got it made.
DEN

Tomball, TX

#28 Oct 11, 2011
Does anyone know when trick or treat is this year, since the 31 is on a Monday?
Bill from Pikevile Ky

Hazard, KY

#29 Oct 22, 2011
For Floyd County and Prestonsburg, Johnson County and Paintsville, Pike County and Pikeville, and in Martin County: trick or treat is scheduled for the evening of October 31, from 6 to 8 p.m.
In Magoffin County and Salyersville, trick or treat will be October 28 from 6 - 8 p.m.
I found this on Q-95's website here's the proof!
http://www.q95fm.net/pages/3690707.php copy and paste this link
Marrowbone Boy

Langsville, OH

#30 Oct 23, 2013
james f wrote:
thats stupid ass hell,, do they think if they move it back a day were its not on the weekend that kids are not going to get out and egg? no thats no true because everyone i know thats going eggin is going thursday and friday..
Sense they started doing that we just make a week out of it and trash everything! That way we make sure we raise enough hell!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min PassingYoui 149,786
Hillary Clinton OUR next President (Jun '15) 10 min Crookery 2,556
~*~ Last Post Wins ~*~ (Aug '11) 19 min -Prince- 7,575
One Hundred Jobs 23 min Proud City Resident 9
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 27 min Uncle Tom 32,719
Word Association (Aug '11) 31 min Hatti_Hollerand 6,918
God bless Donald trump !!!!! 1 hr Richard Mutt 33

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages