First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Motor Head

Martin, KY

#1 Jun 10, 2014
What were all the old cars doing in Pikeville yesterday, they were sitting everywhere and going by Pikeville?
Just me

Lebanon, KY

#2 Jun 10, 2014
I was told there had been a car show in north Carolina this past week. and that there is a car show in Wisconsin next week, and they are all traveling through to get there. At virgie, we have been seeing a lot of them for the past 4 days. please not, "I was told", as this may not be 100% fact.
MoM Clowns

Macon, GA

#3 Jun 10, 2014
Actually it is the group participating in the 2014 Hot Rod Power Tour. A group that many around here cannot relate to even though a few of our wantabe guys lined the roads to view.

See these in the Power Tour are purist in that they appreciate the automobile in a manner that it was designed. And that appreciation is most evident in that they actually drive their cars/trucks on the highway. Not just down to the A&W but for hundreds and thousands of miles. Regardless if it has a 454 or a 235 engine they drive them. No excuses.

And it was so nice to see none of the Walters Chevrolet 2014 Corvettes and Camaros included. Nor any Walters 2014 Mustangs. And lets not forget about the Vipers. All of which are a staple of the credit card guys that line up every month for the Muscle on Main aka Walters Demo Days in downtown Pikeville.

So many excuses from this bunch about why they don't venture out farther than 15 miles. Fuel, brakes, no a/c, rear gear, and the dreaded bugs on the windshield excuse.

I laughed uncontrollable when I witnessed several of the biggest fake car guys standing along the highway watching the cars pass by. As well seeing their 15 mile limit rides parked beside them. If you guys really want be involved fill the tank up and drive till its almost empty and repeat that process several times. Then you will have gained a bit of respect from those that do something other than feather dust their new 2014 cars at Muscle on Main aka Walters Demo Days.

Almost forgot to mention that the next stop of the tour was Charleston. A place that most of your rides have only seen pictures of. Man up and join the few of us that were welcomed to tag along.
It is just a Hobby

Martin, KY

#4 Jun 10, 2014
On the other hand in a free country with freedom of choice people can decide to support their home town and local business and charities. Yes, the tour stopped in Charleston W.Va. and they spent a lot of money for lodging and eats, gas. An individual can do as they please and a club can cruise local or in surrounding area. Another long and quite boring Tirade from a real wannabe, no car and no clue probably. Some people crusie, some people drag race, some people just store em up and look at them. I imagine if you buy/build a car you can do with it as one chooses.
If you don't like the M.O.M or the local car club, a road trip out of town may just be your ticket. You rant on about them a lot, some kind of weird fixation with that car club. As they say the road is free!

MoM Clowns wrote:
Actually it is the group participating in the 2014 Hot Rod Power Tour. A group that many around here cannot relate to even though a few of our wantabe guys lined the roads to view.
See these in the Power Tour are purist in that they appreciate the automobile in a manner that it was designed. And that appreciation is most evident in that they actually drive their cars/trucks on the highway. Not just down to the A&W but for hundreds and thousands of miles. Regardless if it has a 454 or a 235 engine they drive them. No excuses.
And it was so nice to see none of the Walters Chevrolet 2014 Corvettes and Camaros included. Nor any Walters 2014 Mustangs. And lets not forget about the Vipers. All of which are a staple of the credit card guys that line up every month for the Muscle on Main aka Walters Demo Days in downtown Pikeville.
So many excuses from this bunch about why they don't venture out farther than 15 miles. Fuel, brakes, no a/c, rear gear, and the dreaded bugs on the windshield excuse.
I laughed uncontrollable when I witnessed several of the biggest fake car guys standing along the highway watching the cars pass by. As well seeing their 15 mile limit rides parked beside them. If you guys really want be involved fill the tank up and drive till its almost empty and repeat that process several times. Then you will have gained a bit of respect from those that do something other than feather dust their new 2014 cars at Muscle on Main aka Walters Demo Days.
Almost forgot to mention that the next stop of the tour was Charleston. A place that most of your rides have only seen pictures of. Man up and join the few of us that were welcomed to tag along.
MoM Clowns

Manchester, KY

#5 Jun 10, 2014
It is just a Hobby wrote:
On the other hand in a free country with freedom of choice people can decide to support their home town and local business and charities. Yes, the tour stopped in Charleston W.Va. and they spent a lot of money for lodging and eats, gas. An individual can do as they please and a club can cruise local or in surrounding area. Another long and quite boring Tirade from a real wannabe, no car and no clue probably. Some people crusie, some people drag race, some people just store em up and look at them. I imagine if you buy/build a car you can do with it as one chooses.
If you don't like the M.O.M or the local car club, a road trip out of town may just be your ticket. You rant on about them a lot, some kind of weird fixation with that car club. As they say the road is free!
<quoted text>
Forgot to add that to your list of extensive excuses.

No fixation here. Just pointing out that in face to face, yes I talk with most of you Muscle people, discussions so many of you ramble on and on about the events you attend and travel to. And for many that is true. But what you fail to state is you drive to these shows in your daily driver. Which in many instances could be your Muscle on Main car I suppose. But being the type you are you will deflect from the subject.

And that subject is driving your ride as all the participants of the 2014 Hot Rod Power Tour do. So please don't try to align yourself with those that were passing through yesterday. Most of you drive your car on one tank of fuel per year then preach to the Heavens on Saturday about where you go and what you do to your car.

About the only thing most of you credit card guys do is feather dust on Saturday and drop of at the dealership on Monday.
freedom

Pikeville, KY

#6 Jun 10, 2014
MoM Clowns wrote:
<quoted text>Forgot to add that to your list of extensive excuses.

No fixation here. Just pointing out that in face to face, yes I talk with most of you Muscle people, discussions so many of you ramble on and on about the events you attend and travel to. And for many that is true. But what you fail to state is you drive to these shows in your daily driver. Which in many instances could be your Muscle on Main car I suppose. But being the type you are you will deflect from the subject.

And that subject is driving your ride as all the participants of the 2014 Hot Rod Power Tour do. So please don't try to align yourself with those that were passing through yesterday. Most of you drive your car on one tank of fuel per year then preach to the Heavens on Saturday about where you go and what you do to your car.

About the only thing most of you credit card guys do is feather dust on Saturday and drop of at the dealership on Monday.
That's the beauty of our country.... What people do and don't do with their cars is their business and none of yours. If I spend money on a car and want it to sit in my garage every day then that's just fine. A lot of people spend tons of money on those cars and don't want to risk having an accident driving it to a show or risk something breaking on their cars. I actually don't believe you are one of these car show traveling people because none of them are stuck up snobby sob's like you are portraying yourself. Word of advice, you worry about how you show your car and let others worry about theirs. Just because you like to drive yours everywhere,(You probably don't even have one), doesn't mean everyone shares your interests.
Same Ole Same Ole

Manchester, KY

#7 Jun 10, 2014
freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the beauty of our country.... What people do and don't do with their cars is their business and none of yours. If I spend money on a car and want it to sit in my garage every day then that's just fine. A lot of people spend tons of money on those cars and don't want to risk having an accident driving it to a show or risk something breaking on their cars. I actually don't believe you are one of these car show traveling people because none of them are stuck up snobby sob's like you are portraying yourself. Word of advice, you worry about how you show your car and let others worry about theirs. Just because you like to drive yours everywhere,(You probably don't even have one), doesn't mean everyone shares your interests.
Once again you dodge the subject. I'm not talking about anyone but the ones that so often bloviate about where they go to and the events they attend as well the work they do to their ride. And it seems you just might be one of those as you are quite harsh and deflectibe of the true subject I address.

For the ones that clearly are Downtown Saturday only guys I have nothing to say about their choice.

It's the credit card bla bla bla, I was at The Nationals, Shades of the Past, Somerset etc guys I am addressing. And no doubt you are the head credit card member of that club.
It is just a Hobby

Martin, KY

#8 Jun 10, 2014
M.O.M. is not about any other city but Pikeville and local area, the guys that support it are all about supporting the car culture in their home town. You don't know what they drove in their 20's and 30's or where they went. Most are in their 60's,70's and even 80's, they are old, no desire to run all over Hell and Half of Georgia supporting someone else's hometown. They help support local charities, local cities and counties and support the classic car culture they grew up in and were part of. Not a juvenile wannabe whiny pretender but people that have owned and drove the cars in the era they were popular in. They provide a venue for local car enthusiast. They support local business and the local car owners, help give them a place to cruise or show their cars. You are a sad little person with a lot of problems no wonder those men don't like you. No body makes any excuses doing what the car club has voted to do and what M.O.M. was developed for. You are some kind of obsessed nut job the Hotrod Magazine Power Cruise is to promote Hot Rod Magazine. The M.O.M. is to support Pikeville auto related tourism and local car enthusiast. Two different agenda's and two different objectives. We like to have our car culture all year round not just once every 10 years when a Hotrod Power Cruise goes by. 99% of all car clubs cruise local and support their home towns. If you want something different go get it but quit making a fool of yourself trying to bash local events and clubs.
MoM Clowns

Manchester, KY

#9 Jun 10, 2014
Once again you are off topic..

I commented about those that so often portray themselves as being a person that attends many out of state events while driving their cars to them. One regular MOMer told me about all the events he drove to during 2012. But for some reason the odometer only gained 231 miles from may to September. Then another one of your regulars comment so often about his engine building skills and how he this and how he that. All that came to a halt when I asked him simply how to load a distributor in a SBC.

Now you can go off on local support local blaaa. That's not what my posts are about and clearly you can't add nothing about the subject at hand. It called MoM BS and several of the participants are major producers thereof.
freedom

Jackson, KY

#10 Jun 10, 2014
MoM Clowns wrote:
Once again you are off topic..

I commented about those that so often portray themselves as being a person that attends many out of state events while driving their cars to them. One regular MOMer told me about all the events he drove to during 2012. But for some reason the odometer only gained 231 miles from may to September. Then another one of your regulars comment so often about his engine building skills and how he this and how he that. All that came to a halt when I asked him simply how to load a distributor in a SBC.

Now you can go off on local support local blaaa. That's not what my posts are about and clearly you can't add nothing about the subject at hand. It called MoM BS and several of the participants are major producers thereof.
Your Subject: people hauling their cars to out of state shows.

My point: who's business is it that they haul their cars to shows instead of driving them? And as I stated, most do that to prevent the possibility of an accident or something breaking on a car they've spent a lot of money on. If they want a car that they just show then so be it. It's a free country. Just because you like to drive yours doesn't mean someone can't take theirs in a trailer and show it.

Conclusion: is this simple enough for you to understand?
Useless Banter

Martin, KY

#11 Jun 10, 2014
Your usage of MoM Clowns shows you for what you are and what you are trying to do. Run along little boy, no one is going to entertain your laughable pretense of knowing anything about the old classic car hobby. You been trashing Pikeville and the Muscle on Main on here for years, no one expects any different from you. I just wish you would quit talking to the guys pretending to be their friends and the come on here and talking about them...I would not want to be in the same room as you, not to mention a car club. If you don't like M.O.M. why don't you stay away from it. If it is such a train wreck why do you keep hanging around? You and your ego are nothing, the M.O.M. is a popular LOCAL EVENT THAT PEOPLE ENJOY! You want to go somewhere else go, again the road is free!

You are either part of the problem or part of the solution, since we don't have a problem the only solution is for you to cruise where ever you want and the M.O.M. people will cruise where they want. You got a problem with the local people that cruise local, stay away from local events "seems you make em all" and go do some long distance fantasy cruise. Write us or better yet send us a post card but why don't you take a break on the topiix trashing local people and local events.
MoM Clowns

Jackson, KY

#12 Jun 11, 2014
freedom wrote:
<quoted text>
Your Subject: people hauling their cars to out of state shows.
My point: who's business is it that they haul their cars to shows instead of driving them? And as I stated, most do that to prevent the possibility of an accident or something breaking on a car they've spent a lot of money on. If they want a car that they just show then so be it. It's a free country. Just because you like to drive yours doesn't mean someone can't take theirs in a trailer and show it.
Conclusion: is this simple enough for you to understand?
Wrong again. Nowhere did I mention the towing of cars to events.

Nowhere did I attack anyone for doing anything. I merely just pointed out that it humors me that some of the same blowhards that I talk with regularly on MoM weekends,( the same ones that blow about how many outside events they attend as well how they rebuilt their carb a few days ago) were the same ones parked along the highway admiring those that actually do what they BS about doing.

Now in your insecurity you can go ahead and twist it and imply I'm against MoM and its participants. That's completely false. I am against the BS attendees that seem to be part of the "Look at Me" upfront crowd that produces that predominant BSers. No mention of trailers. And I also think its so self serving to show up in a store bought 2014 anything. But as with most things here in Pikeville the cash is deeper that the ability. And it takes ability to build a ride. Very little to drive off the Walters lot in a new Corvette.

Now if you want to address the subject please do. But if you want to continue the BS you are producing then just hold it till this Saturday and let go as you so often do.

And to bring up the point of supporting local is even more ignorant. Just another excuse and diversion to the subject at hand. I'm not telling anyone to travel etc etc. I'm just addressing those that BS so much ABOUT HOW THEY DRIVE SO FAR AND ALL THE EVENTS THEY ATTEND. That's the ones I direct my comments towards and quite possibly you are one of the aforementioned.
MoM Clowns

Jackson, KY

#13 Jun 11, 2014
Useless Banter wrote:
Your usage of MoM Clowns shows you for what you are and what you are trying to do. Run along little boy, no one is going to entertain your laughable pretense of knowing anything about the old classic car hobby. You been trashing Pikeville and the Muscle on Main on here for years, no one expects any different from you. I just wish you would quit talking to the guys pretending to be their friends and the come on here and talking about them...I would not want to be in the same room as you, not to mention a car club. If you don't like M.O.M. why don't you stay away from it. If it is such a train wreck why do you keep hanging around? You and your ego are nothing, the M.O.M. is a popular LOCAL EVENT THAT PEOPLE ENJOY! You want to go somewhere else go, again the road is free!
You are either part of the problem or part of the solution, since we don't have a problem the only solution is for you to cruise where ever you want and the M.O.M. people will cruise where they want. You got a problem with the local people that cruise local, stay away from local events "seems you make em all" and go do some long distance fantasy cruise. Write us or better yet send us a post card but why don't you take a break on the topiix trashing local people and local events.
And I wish the "guys" would quit grabbing me by the arm every month and pick up right where they left off the month before with the BS. Just last October one of your kind stated to me how great the Shades weekend was and all the nice rides that were there. And where do you think his ride was? Yep right there in his garage. He drove his daily driver and tried to imply he drove his MoM ride until I just asked him how much it cost to register.

That's my point. Now you can do what you do best and spin it or as you are doing, completely stray away from my point. But my posts are there to review. Just scroll up a couple posts and read.

Its the BS attendees that lined the highway to see those that really do what they BS about that spurned my comments.
freedom

United States

#14 Jun 11, 2014
MoM Clowns wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong again. Nowhere did I mention the towing of cars to events.

Nowhere did I attack anyone for doing anything. I merely just pointed out that it humors me that some of the same blowhards that I talk with regularly on MoM weekends,( the same ones that blow about how many outside events they attend as well how they rebuilt their carb a few days ago) were the same ones parked along the highway admiring those that actually do what they BS about doing.

Now in your insecurity you can go ahead and twist it and imply I'm against MoM and its participants. That's completely false. I am against the BS attendees that seem to be part of the "Look at Me" upfront crowd that produces that predominant BSers. No mention of trailers. And I also think its so self serving to show up in a store bought 2014 anything. But as with most things here in Pikeville the cash is deeper that the ability. And it takes ability to build a ride. Very little to drive off the Walters lot in a new Corvette.

Now if you want to address the subject please do. But if you want to continue the BS you are producing then just hold it till this Saturday and let go as you so often do.

And to bring up the point of supporting local is even more ignorant. Just another excuse and diversion to the subject at hand. I'm not telling anyone to travel etc etc. I'm just addressing those that BS so much ABOUT HOW THEY DRIVE SO FAR AND ALL THE EVENTS THEY ATTEND. That's the ones I direct my comments towards and quite possibly you are one of the aforementioned.
So in other words you just can't stand the people who say that take their cars to car shows but really don't. Big deal. Plus if somebody wants to go but a new car and show it off, who cares. Sounds to me like someone is jealous of the new cars people are buying.
MoM Clowns

Jackson, KY

#15 Jun 11, 2014
Its called honesty and integrity. When some the self proclaimed leaders of the event constantly bloviate about themselves and their adventures all the while they drive a 2013..........fill in the blank......it is disappointing. And if you are not one of the ones doing it you must be one that also comes to a car vent with the new car smell still lingering.

I don't have to just go some place else as some of you stated. I just wish the new car wantabe guys would park over in the garage and not make a mockery of a car event. Lets not forget about the big tales of how far they travel and how much they are in tune to the car scene.

Surely my post has hit a nerve with you. I suppose if the onion sack fits you should just..........
freedom

Pikeville, KY

#16 Jun 11, 2014
MoM Clowns wrote:
Its called honesty and integrity. When some the self proclaimed leaders of the event constantly bloviate about themselves and their adventures all the while they drive a 2013..........fill in the blank......it is disappointing. And if you are not one of the ones doing it you must be one that also comes to a car vent with the new car smell still lingering.

I don't have to just go some place else as some of you stated. I just wish the new car wantabe guys would park over in the garage and not make a mockery of a car event. Lets not forget about the big tales of how far they travel and how much they are in tune to the car scene.

Surely my post has hit a nerve with you. I suppose if the onion sack fits you should just..........
It hasn't hit a nerve, I just can't stand people who feel their opinion is the only one that matters. You have your opinion and you want everyone else to agree. A car show is specifically what it states in the name. It is for new cars straight off the lot as well as old built cars. You've gotta learn to accept both.
Same Ole Same Ole

Pikeville, KY

#17 Jun 11, 2014
The lady poster is the one that is wrong. I agree that the Pikeville show is nothing but a gathering for the new car crowd. And the current sponsorship indicates that.

Because so many of our attendees are ashamed that they can't be part of the current car scene they attempt to validate there existence by creating a new car lot downtown to show the manufactures offerings.

Seems that the locals have created a comfortable place to be because they can't fit in the shows that feature true classics.

I also notice the snobbish atmosphere of the Muscle show. That's a result of the makup of the organizers. Yea I attend. But only when nothing else is going on. And you can be assured that one won't be troubled by the counterfeit Pikeville guys at any large show in the area because they don't attend. And for that fact the larger shows are successful.

Lastly it is an insult to see the locals line up to see the Power Tour folks drive through as if they are part of that culture when they won't drive out of the county limits.

So go ahead and show your ignorance and post a reply. But showing up on Saturday in downtown and acting like you are one of those great people that passed through Pikeville this week is insulting.
Road Hog

Richmond, KY

#18 Jun 11, 2014
Baby Boomers and older that have worked all their life, business or successful career probably earned that "newer" car. In todays economy some of the few that can afford one. A bunch of old guys that talked the city into providing a venue for all the car enthusiast in Pike County and surrounding area. Just enjoying their hobby and supporting their home town and local charities. Not a one will give a damn what a whiny, jealous, disgruntled, misguided juvenile with a mental problem thinks. Strange fixation with that car club, obsessed with them, has not been in a good mental state of mind for years here on the old topix. Here is the deal, people in the area that like the old cars will come even if a few of the cars are plastic cars or retro's. Not enough of them to matter, enough old iron on the street to make it worthwhile for the motor heads. They day they take the old cars off the street M.O.M. will collapse on it's own. There should really be a different club for the vettes and the retro Camaro's, Mustangs, Challenger's. In a rural area most clubs have to be all inclusive, I would not give a plug nickel for the newer retro's, vettes or sports cars but don't get my shorts in a wad over them. Don't care who cruises where or it the cars just come out of the holler's for M.O.M. Never showed a car in my life or owned a trailer queen. Being as the showing of cars and cruising is part of it I tolerate and or accept the whole scene.
This is a ridiculous conversation but good advertisement for M.O.M. so I will play along. I would rather be a M.O.M. clown as a wannabe jealous fool on the outside looking in. The people that own the old cars will come down and enjoy their hobby in spite of the ramblings of an obvious jealous wannabe with a mental tic.
Count Me In

Clay City, KY

#19 Jun 12, 2014
I don't see the need to discuss the obvious but here goes my take. Yes the muscle car event has been taken hostage by the park and plop crowd but at least its something to do on an off weekend. I think that those that dislike the loudmouth boasting owners should just avoid their contact. I do. Not very difficult for me as I have a not so flashy 1960 something car that doesn't fit in with the snoot crowd. But again that's fine with me as I am content to just chill and enjoy. And it appears that there is plenty of choices for us now. The Jenkins event is growing and has some real good ideas for the future. Add to that the great people in P'burg and Paintsville. It was so great to hang out with some Geardheads in Charleston as well the Power Tour people. I must admit that I looked for some of the muscle car event people but did not see any there. So yes I agree with the poster as to the muscle blowhards but come on, its not that hard to just walk away. I do regularly. See ya Saturday.
Nothing New

Jackson, KY

#20 Jun 13, 2014
Are you just now realizing how stuck up the Pikeville bunch are? Could have saved you some time long ago.

The Golden Spoon Credit Card Group is what many in our parts refer to them as. That bunch is exactly why muscle at main was created. They fit in with no one other that themselves and they decided to have their own little party in their backdoor. And please educate yourself as to the comment about the city. This city belongs to the people that live and fund it. So I don't owe no debt of gratitude to frank justice and his yes men.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dr. Bill Harris 13 min MAN OF MAYHEM 5
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 35 min just 39,091
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Wisdom of God 170,607
Senator Jones Gets a Pass.............Again 3 hr No to Jones 11
TJ'S Testimony 4 hr Jerry B 99
Pokémon Go 5 hr jarek_03 1
Mountain Water District 6 hr No UMG crooks 13
If you REALLY want to get mad over PROPERTY TAX... 7 hr Investigate 35

Pikeville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikeville Mortgages