Paula Deen Got FIRED From Food Network

Posted in the Pikeville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Priscilla

London, KY

#1 Jun 21, 2013
People are saying that she used racial slurs towards African American people, and told racist jokes about African American people. That is bad but I believe in forgiveness. She is one of the most famous restaurant owners in the world. I think that she deserves a second chance to redeem herself on the Food Network. Who agrees with me about that?
Priscilla

London, KY

#2 Jun 21, 2013
Oh, and I just wanted to add that my black friends on Facebook are defending Paula Deen. They don't even think that she is racist. They think that she was joking around, and she got misunderstood. I agree with them.
Jes

Johnstown, PA

#3 Jun 21, 2013
Yes it is wrong to use the word but she admitted that she was wrong and it was years ago. What does that have to do with her cooking show today? If we were all required to be perfect to keep our jobs none of us would be working. BRING BACK PAULA DEEN. If the food network does not, then some other network should pick it up. We love Paula Deen.
fred

Columbus, OH

#4 Jun 21, 2013
please world..stop throwing people out like yesterdays trash...firing someone who admits a mistake ...unbelievable
who dey

Loveland, OH

#5 Jun 21, 2013
If you read what she said at the trial she came off looking really bad...sorry to say that cost her the 17 million she was earning yearly.

“Pink is your new obsession!!”

Since: Mar 13

Ojai, CA

#6 Jun 21, 2013
Jes wrote:
Yes it is wrong to use the word but she admitted that she was wrong and it was years ago. What does that have to do with her cooking show today? If we were all required to be perfect to keep our jobs none of us would be working. BRING BACK PAULA DEEN. If the food network does not, then some other network should pick it up. We love Paula Deen.
it is due to political correctness. no one, especially a network, that needs money from sponsors, wants to be seen as supporting someone who would dare to use a racial slur.
not that they think paula deen is wrong or bad, they are all about the bottom line, money.
executives could care less about what she said or how long ago, if they get threatened by one of the shows sponsors to pull their commercials, or product placement, then the execs are going to cut her loose.
opinion

Kimper, KY

#7 Jun 21, 2013
It would seem to me that firing someone over a statement made under oath in a civil system would be illegal to say the least?It looks as if her agent and lawyer would be all over that!
God

New Albany, IN

#8 Jun 21, 2013
The only racists in America are blacks. You know it, I know it, they know it.

Blacks all have a chip on their shoulder. You can't say anything around them without running the risk of setting them off on a tirade. Blacks are constantly looking to find fault in what you say or do.

And any time something does not go in their favor, they pull out the race card. Because they are entitled. Blacks think that they are owed.

The fact of the matter is, this country was not founded by black people. In fact, it was capital investment of white business owners that paid for the colonization of America. It was the sacrifices of whites in the American Revolution that triumphed and created our country in the first place.

This whole country was bought and paid for by the blood and sacrifice of the white man. These ungrateful blacks are the inheritors of fortunes created entirely on the backs of whites. And then these ungrateful darkies have the unmitigated gall to tell you what's what?

Blacks should know their place, because each of us has our place. America has changed a lot since the 50's and 60's, a downward spiral. People no longer know their place, they have no respect for what is right. What was once wrong is now right, and vice versa. Insert something about Obama here.

And you know what? You people are the ones who are guilty of all this, because you people let this happen. Slowly and surely, you let the liberals take over and destroy this country. What were you idiots thinking, just stand by on the sidelines and let them run roughshod over you?

Time to wake up. America is a Christian nation with Christian values. America is not THEIR country, it is OURS. America belongs to us, a Christian nation. You people need to get your firearms and declare civil war. Help bring down this country before it is too late. Civil war is the only way to inflict change. Restore America back to the way things were in the 50's and 60's before it is too late. Back in the 50's and 60's Americans had values. Christian values.

It says so in the Bible. The Bible contains all truths.
who dey

Loveland, OH

#9 Jun 21, 2013
She was exposed as a rasist an at this point it would not matter if she was talking to her lawyer in private .Her problem is now the jeanie is out of the bottle an it is too late to stop the damage to her career.
who dey

Loveland, OH

#10 Jun 21, 2013
Who in the hell wants to go back to the way things were in the 50's or the 60's.With the attitude you have it is a wonder you know what a computer an the internet is.
Bgee

El Monte, CA

#11 Jun 21, 2013
She still were wrong to say that, i love paula to, but i can't forget what she said.
KELLERMAN

Harrod, OH

#12 Jun 21, 2013
God wrote:
The only racists in America are blacks. You know it, I know it, they know it.
Blacks all have a chip on their shoulder. You can't say anything around them without running the risk of setting them off on a tirade. Blacks are constantly looking to find fault in what you say or do.
And any time something does not go in their favor, they pull out the race card. Because they are entitled. Blacks think that they are owed.
The fact of the matter is, this country was not founded by black people. In fact, it was capital investment of white business owners that paid for the colonization of America. It was the sacrifices of whites in the American Revolution that triumphed and created our country in the first place.
This whole country was bought and paid for by the blood and sacrifice of the white man. These ungrateful blacks are the inheritors of fortunes created entirely on the backs of whites. And then these ungrateful darkies have the unmitigated gall to tell you what's what?
Blacks should know their place, because each of us has our place. America has changed a lot since the 50's and 60's, a downward spiral. People no longer know their place, they have no respect for what is right. What was once wrong is now right, and vice versa. Insert something about Obama here.
And you know what? You people are the ones who are guilty of all this, because you people let this happen. Slowly and surely, you let the liberals take over and destroy this country. What were you idiots thinking, just stand by on the sidelines and let them run roughshod over you?
Time to wake up. America is a Christian nation with Christian values. America is not THEIR country, it is OURS. America belongs to us, a Christian nation. You people need to get your firearms and declare civil war. Help bring down this country before it is too late. Civil war is the only way to inflict change. Restore America back to the way things were in the 50's and 60's before it is too late. Back in the 50's and 60's Americans had values. Christian values.
It says so in the Bible. The Bible contains all truths.
You have the audacity to post under the word God and submit such a racist one at that. I think your a little to late to change the world that we live in now. Whites are going to be the minority in the years ahead than perhaps you will understand than what being a minority is like. The change in our culture doesn't have anything to do with being a Christian. Your views are very misguided.
who dey

Loveland, OH

#13 Jun 21, 2013
It is hard to imagine what she must be thinking about tonight knowing all the postive stuff she has done since her career took off an to see it blow up in minutes.No more tv no more cook books etc.
fred

Columbus, OH

#14 Jun 21, 2013
Why don't we just remove the word forgive from the dictionary? It's useless now.
God

New Albany, IN

#15 Jun 21, 2013
who dey wrote:
Who in the hell wants to go back to the way things were in the 50's or the 60's.With the attitude you have it is a wonder you know what a computer an the internet is.
I created technology in order to spread My Gospel throughout the world. First there was stone tablets, then paper Bibles, now there are Google and iPad Bibles. Pretty soon, we will be beaming Christian scripture directly into your brain using lasers. This technology will be here soon.

This is the original purpose of the internet, to spread Bible quotes and bring Christian joy and cheer too all. Though I readily admit that liberals have subverted the internet, porn being one example (If you look at porn you will burn in hell, says so in the Bible).

I also created a website called Christian Mingle, which is an online dating service where you can meet single Christians in your local area. No longer will you have to go out to a club and then have to worry about being accosted by perverts/gays. Christian Mingle is a trusted source where you can actually meet people you can trust to be good, because they are Christians just like yourself.
who dey

Loveland, OH

#16 Jun 21, 2013
I now know i just wasted ten minutes of my life responding to a nut.

“Pink is your new obsession!!”

Since: Mar 13

Ojai, CA

#17 Jun 21, 2013
God wrote:
<quoted text>
I created technology in order to spread My Gospel throughout the world. First there was stone tablets, then paper Bibles, now there are Google and iPad Bibles. Pretty soon, we will be beaming Christian scripture directly into your brain using lasers. This technology will be here soon.
This is the original purpose of the internet, to spread Bible quotes and bring Christian joy and cheer too all. Though I readily admit that liberals have subverted the internet, porn being one example (If you look at porn you will burn in hell, says so in the Bible).
I also created a website called Christian Mingle, which is an online dating service where you can meet single Christians in your local area. No longer will you have to go out to a club and then have to worry about being accosted by perverts/gays. Christian Mingle is a trusted source where you can actually meet people you can trust to be good, because they are Christians just like yourself.
thanks alot god, i dont know what i would do every day without getting 88 candy crush and pengle game requests on facebook.
Put butter on it

Richmond, KY

#18 Jun 21, 2013
fred wrote:
Why don't we just remove the word forgive from the dictionary? It's useless now.
yea! why don't they remove the words Cracker, honky, whitey and a bunch more from the ebonics dictionary. They think they can call you anything they want and get hysterical when the N word comes out! There are a few more words that need to be removed from the dictionary but forgive and forget ain't one of them.
South

Harold, KY

#19 Jun 21, 2013
She's from the south, the south isn't as politically correct, I love her
Southern Girl

Clay City, KY

#20 Jun 21, 2013
Her Facebook page has added thousands of "likes" tonight and people are posting every few seconds supporting her. She'll land on her feet with another show on another Network and the loser will be Food Network. Paula's FB page has nearly as many at Food Networks and the other Food Network stars don't have anywhere close to the fans Paula does.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 13 min Mike duckit 137,702
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 18 min TRUTHWILLSTAND 26,817
2016 Election 29 min Amy 30
A to Z of Song Titles Posted (Dec '13) 35 min MUSICK-NESS 1,298
song title game, anyone? (Oct '08) 54 min MUSICK-NESS 23,461
Hottie who runs the hill? 1 hr Jennifer 25
Plumber 1 hr Bob 4
judge Combs 1 hr jersey joke 64
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]