First Prev
of 2
Next Last
thank you

Richmond, KY

#37 Nov 22, 2013
UPike Student wrote:
<quoted text>
Rumors and gossip? Where do you get that? As my nickname states, I'm a student at UPike, and what I have said is my personal experience of the sports thugs going to school there... Anyone there could tell you the same thing I said. All I've said is they are violent and very disrespectful, which is the TRUTH.
First of all, UPike used to be a perfectly good school until they started letting all these douche bag football players in. Secondly, why should I have to transfer schools because of said football players? So, I (who is there to actually get an education) should switch schools because UPike doesn't give a shit that thugs are walking around (who are just there to play football, fight, and likely NOT graduate)? Don't think so.
And you shouldn't be so sure of the safety of the school when these guys are keeping guns in their dorms and walking around with them (FACT: read a newspaper or ask the UPike police). By all means, don't take my word for it; this is Topix, but I have stated no rumors... Just my personal experience as a student and facts about the school.
I completely understand what you're saying about opportunities and second chances, but you think it is okay for the school to be giving a second chance to someone who has committed an armed robbery in his home state, served time, and had been out of school for 3 years ALL before coming here? I think he had already had all of his chances, and that is not the type of person a school needs to be giving a second chance to. You must not have realized that UPike LITERALLY recruits prisoners. Any normal person should have a problem with this because as of RIGHT NOW, this school is not safe, and it is not fair to all of the people who are there for the right reasons. I mean, come on... this is college, not high school. They need to be kicked out or better yet, not admitted in the first place, especially if they are felons! All of the normal people who are there to get an education shouldn't suffer or have to even consider switching schools just because the school is too worried about sports and doesn't have a problem with armed thugs walking around. I really don't see how anyone wouldn't agree with that... Unless, of course, you are a sports player. Hm.
how can we find out how many convicted felons are playing sports or receiving scholarships, we can get this to the media
Gods child

United States

#38 Nov 23, 2013
I go upike and lso work at upike. There has been fights and there has been guns because one they be stupid nd post pics. On instragram of their guns. I been there for 3 years it got out of hand. I know whats goes on at that school. I just say yeah they deserve a second chance but if they come there screw up their chances. When they get a full ride when i have to pay the school 1000 dollars not including the loans. It comes down to those guys had a choice to come there to behave and do better not to fight. Over weed being stolen. The school going get worse half of the school has chlamydia because things got bad. What they need to do is lay down the law for once. To anyone want say nothing going on at school there is, but maybe it a wake up call from God telling everyone change their ways but it not only the football teams it the whole campus need to realize it.
Laughing

United States

#39 Nov 23, 2013
Gods child wrote:
I go upike and lso work at upike. There has been fights and there has been guns because one they be stupid nd post pics. On instragram of their guns. I been there for 3 years it got out of hand. I know whats goes on at that school. I just say yeah they deserve a second chance but if they come there screw up their chances. When they get a full ride when i have to pay the school 1000 dollars not including the loans. It comes down to those guys had a choice to come there to behave and do better not to fight. Over weed being stolen. The school going get worse half of the school has chlamydia because things got bad. What they need to do is lay down the law for once. To anyone want say nothing going on at school there is, but maybe it a wake up call from God telling everyone change their ways but it not only the football teams it the whole campus need to realize it.
For some weird reason I have trouble believing you go to school there or anywhere else for that matter.Lol
you no its true

Winchester, KY

#40 Nov 23, 2013
People think that bigger is better.I don't think so. Give me the best little town and best little school or College! The bigger it is the more trouble you got!!
curt

Pikeville, KY

#41 Nov 23, 2013
Concern Parent wrote:
My child attends UPIKE as an athlete; we are far across the state, I would like to know WHY the police aren't on scene, WHY the news stations are not allowed on campus, WHY they are on lockdown, but allowing the gang members to stay? Where have I sent my child? Why am I paying thousands of dollars for my child to be there when they cant protect the students......will be bringing my child closer to home! My child is obviously not safe with the hillbillies!
Your child is safe with the hillbillies.It is the thugs from the cities that they better stay away from.
Gods child

United States

#42 Nov 23, 2013
Laughing wrote:
<quoted text>For some weird reason I have trouble believing you go to school there or anywhere else for that matter.Lol
For one i go school there and two im a junior there. If you don't believe me oh well. I'm not scared or mad you don't believe me or not. I know mr.hurley which was my old principal in belfry. I do wprk study with Gary justice and the admissions. Also part of the ace office there. I know im student there. So God bless you and believe all you want.
no but

Pikeville, KY

#43 Nov 23, 2013
Gods child wrote:
<quoted text>
For one i go school there and two im a junior there. If you don't believe me oh well. I'm not scared or mad you don't believe me or not. I know mr.hurley which was my old principal in belfry. I do wprk study with Gary justice and the admissions. Also part of the ace office there. I know im student there. So God bless you and believe all you want.
If you are a junior in college you had better get off the internet and practice your writing skills. You need some serious help.
Gods child

United States

#44 Nov 23, 2013
no but wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are a junior in college you had better get off the internet and practice your writing skills. You need some serious help.

Why should care what you say? My God has my back and really don't care what you say. So have good day and God bless. For nothing you can say knock me down. I be praying for you.
what

Pikeville, KY

#45 Nov 23, 2013
Gods child wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should care what you say? My God has my back and really don't care what you say. So have good day and God bless. For nothing you can say knock me down. I be praying for you.
God has nothing to do with the comment that I made. You just need to learn to write so that you can get a good job later after you graduate. Thank you for the prayers. We all need them. I will pray for you too.

If you check into it; God would not want you spreading gossip.
well now

Virgie, KY

#46 Nov 23, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
God has nothing to do with the comment that I made. You just need to learn to write so that you can get a good job later after you graduate. Thank you for the prayers. We all need them. I will pray for you too.
God probably isn't doing cartwheels when he sees the rest of us reading all the gossip either.
Buford T

United States

#47 Nov 25, 2013
Concern Parent wrote:
My child attends UPIKE as an athlete; we are far across the state, I would like to know WHY the police aren't on scene, WHY the news stations are not allowed on campus, WHY they are on lockdown, but allowing the gang members to stay? Where have I sent my child? Why am I paying thousands of dollars for my child to be there when they cant protect the students......will be bringing my child closer to home! My child is obviously not safe with the hillbillies!
The "hillbillies" probably paid part of your so called athlete student to attend. Pack your bags Granny Clampett and take Jethro or Ellie Mae with you. Closer to home is where you wasn't them, but I bet they're happy being away from your sorry narrow mind. What a sad and pathetic mind you have!
Dude

United States

#48 Nov 25, 2013
what wrote:
<quoted text>
You should have been able to tell the kind of student you were talking to... Come on man, it's the 21st Century. ALL GOD's CHILDREN are given a chance to get a college degree now, even if they might on slightly different learning levels.
Wisdom

Richmond, KY

#49 Nov 26, 2013
You people are ridiculous. Yeah, some bad eggs have been recruited to play at UPike. Guess what, that happens at every school with an athletic program. Go look into the backgrounds of some players at UK, Alabama, Va Tech, or North Dakota State. Sometimes kids are going to show up and do stupid things. Other times a life will be saved by getting someone away from a gang culture and into an educational atmosphere where they can escape from the cycle.

I don't attend UPike, but I live close enough to campus that I can't help but be effected by everything that happens there. Walking up Kentucky Ave. or Poplar St. is as safe as you can be anywhere in the world.
appreciative

Pikeville, KY

#50 Nov 26, 2013
Wisdom wrote:
You people are ridiculous. Yeah, some bad eggs have been recruited to play at UPike. Guess what, that happens at every school with an athletic program. Go look into the backgrounds of some players at UK, Alabama, Va Tech, or North Dakota State. Sometimes kids are going to show up and do stupid things. Other times a life will be saved by getting someone away from a gang culture and into an educational atmosphere where they can escape from the cycle.
I don't attend UPike, but I live close enough to campus that I can't help but be effected by everything that happens there. Walking up Kentucky Ave. or Poplar St. is as safe as you can be anywhere in the world.
Thank you for being so sensible.
well

United States

#51 Nov 27, 2013
However, just read the newspaper and see what has happen at Upike. It is over with, so how about we all move on with our lifes. Instead, of fighting over all of this crap. I feel like this website is stupid to be on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikeville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anyone remember Aphrodite Jones? (Dec '09) 2 min Trolling 32
City Intelligence 5 min Move Aside Dinosaurs 1
Jamb CBT Examination, Check Scores & upgrading ... 8 min MR PAUL 1
Jamb CBT Examination Check Scores & upgrading o... 10 min MR PAUL 1
Amy News 17 min Mt Laurel 101
What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... (Jul '14) 25 min More Mines Close 23,371
Musikal MishMash 46 min MUSICK-NESS 45
Pikeville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Pikeville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:04 pm PST

ESPN 3:04PM
Olsen inks 3-year, $22.5M deal with Panthers