Pike County Fair kicks-off in Piketon

Pike County Fair kicks-off in Piketon

There are 55 comments on the Portsmouth Daily Times story from Jul 30, 2012, titled Pike County Fair kicks-off in Piketon. In it, Portsmouth Daily Times reports that:

Monday marked the opening of the 2012 Pike County Fair, which will continue through Saturday, Aug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Portsmouth Daily Times.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Jamie Taylor

Grenada, MS

#1 Jul 31, 2012
I can't wait for the Tom Ward invitational Swine Show on Thursday!!! How can it be fair when he picks the judge and then he is in the ring when the show is going on and his kids, nephews and nieces all show pigs that he sold to them!!! He is also over the Swine barn...I bet i get a call from him now!!! He told me 3-4 months ago that when he found out who the judge was i would know also... After phone calls to him and to the agricultural society that would always tell me that they could tell me who all the other judges were but had no idea who the Swine judge was because they had not been told...We just decided to say the heck with it until everyone is on even terms....Wise up 4-H and get the people out of the wrong barns!!There is also the same thing going on in the Beef barn!! I am not whining as my son made it back to the final drive last year but i am letting everyone know that it is just not right!!
start here

Waverly, OH

#2 Jul 31, 2012
why was u wanting to know who the judge was going to be ahead of time a little payoff? is this how your son made final drive? just think a little more you might have won
Just Wait

Waverly, OH

#3 Jul 31, 2012
Jamie Taylor

Kansas City, MO

#4 Jul 31, 2012
I guess the show is on Wed... If you know who the judge is (Start Here) you can figure out what kind of pig he looks for....No i would never give $$$$ to a judge or a referee as that means that you would be cheating some other child out of something that they deserve...And i am posting under my real name so you should too if you want to chime in with your 2 cents worth!!!! You are just like the rest of these keyboard jockey's who want to hide behind there screen names!!
tim campbell

Waverly, OH

#5 Jul 31, 2012
i know tom ward and his family and i will tell you no one puts as much effort as these folks, the girls do there own work, and tom spends much time and money improving his herd, you can do the same.it just takes time money and knowledge of genetics. pike county is lucky people like tom and others are willing to work' fair week for nothing. so the kids can have a fair.[ just wait] do you volunteer? and before you ask yes i have.
Judge

Waverly, OH

#6 Aug 2, 2012
Its not right. No parent or breeder should have anything to do with the show his or her daughter or son is participating in. Even if there not doing anything wrong it still looks wrong. You dont see other parents/breeders in the holding pens while there child is about to go in the ring to show; you dont see other breeder/parents talking to the judge before here child/pigs go into the ring. Tom wards term is up this year and he will not be re-elected.
His children have many years of 4-h left and they do have nice pigs but there were better pigs in classes last night then his girls. Call it what you want he is setting a bad example by cheating; not only all 4h kids but his own kids also.
tim campbell

Waverly, OH

#7 Aug 2, 2012
you are right on 1 thing, toms kids are young can compete for many more yeears. i don,t think it would bother tom to much to be voted out.but he won,t have to listen to a bunch crap and he can watch his kids from the stands.also he be will able to spend more time on his breeding herd so have at it.
Jules

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Aug 2, 2012
The last I checked, jealousy was one of the seven deadly sins.. It is so extremely obvious that you people know absolutely NOTHING about Tom Ward. My child has two of Tom's hogs. From the day we brought them home until presently Tom has been nothing but kind and helpful. Myself and my husband have spent many many hours in that hog barn this week and witnessed Tom providing advice, guidance and support to ANY person who went to him with concerns or questions about their hogs. I watched the entire hog show and not one time did I see him in the ring, he was EXTREMELY busy with kids and hogs in the barn, like he should have been as barn superior. I suggest that before individuals get on here and put down a man who devotes his time, energy and knowledge to the 4-H kids taking away time from his own family, that you GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT. If there was someone in that position who knew nothing about the animal how would that benefit anyone?? I would love to see you and your perfect ideals running that barn for a week with hundreds of kids, family members and hogs to contend with. As far as Tom being a breeder, yup he is. But the last time I checked, he was not out forcing people to buy or not buy hogs from him. That is a choice each and every person taking hogs makes on their own. One thing everyone should realize is these shows are competitive, just like a sporting event so if you can not stand to loose due to individuals having more knowledge than yourself, do not participate in the program. Way to go Tom, you must have done an excellent job this week since you have pissed off people enough to put their uneducated, childish, jealous and immature opinions on topics.
wat

Waverly, OH

#9 Aug 3, 2012
White trash parade.
Jamie Taylor

United States

#10 Aug 3, 2012
Tim Cambell, i appreciate what you said and to be man enough to put your name on here....I do not have a thing bad to say about Tom....I am just saying it is not right.....If you tell someone you are going to do something, do it!!!! If a preacher tells you that on a certain date that he is going to make something big happen and he doesn't, he get's labeled as a false prophet!!!! Tom doe's do a good job running the hog barn, just don't put yourself in that situation!!!! And as for volunteering my time i do it all summer long umpiring ballgames for free in Elm Grove!!!
kutfudyutdt

Aberdeen, OH

#11 Aug 3, 2012
the conduct of a certain family, after the steer show, was disgusting. Instead of congratulating the winner, jealousy and arrogance raised their ugly heads. sad, sad, sad but expected from this bunch.
lolwut

Waverly, OH

#12 Aug 3, 2012
kutfudyutdt wrote:
the conduct of a certain family, after the steer show, was disgusting. Instead of congratulating the winner, jealousy and arrogance raised their ugly heads. sad, sad, sad but expected from this bunch.
Details
Serena ward

Brooklyn, NY

#13 Aug 3, 2012
I want to thank Tim Campbell and Jules for sticking up for my family. When my teenage daughter came to me after reading the comments made by Jamie Taylor and with tears in her eyes she asked me "mommy do they think I cheated?". I had to explain to her that no they think daddy cheated. She couldn't believe that anyone could think that about her dad. Mainly because she knows that he is an honest hard working man who just wants to help the kids. All kids, not just his own. I think if you have children of your own that you should take a minute to think about how they would feel if someone put malicious untrue statements about their parents on the Internet for everyone to view. She was heart broken. I told her to hold her head up high and smile because we haven't done anything wrong whether it looks that way or not.
lolwut

Waverly, OH

#14 Aug 3, 2012
Serena ward wrote:
I want to thank Tim Campbell and Jules for sticking up for my family. When my teenage daughter came to me after reading the comments made by Jamie Taylor and with tears in her eyes she asked me "mommy do they think I cheated?". I had to explain to her that no they think daddy cheated. She couldn't believe that anyone could think that about her dad. Mainly because she knows that he is an honest hard working man who just wants to help the kids. All kids, not just his own. I think if you have children of your own that you should take a minute to think about how they would feel if someone put malicious untrue statements about their parents on the Internet for everyone to view. She was heart broken. I told her to hold her head up high and smile because we haven't done anything wrong whether it looks that way or not.
I hope you went on to explain to her how the internet works and maybe even put some parental restrictions on it...
lolwut

Waverly, OH

#15 Aug 3, 2012
By the way, I'm Mickey Mouse.
tim campbell

Waverly, OH

#16 Aug 3, 2012
kids keep your heads up because you have nothing to be a ashamed of. be proud of yourself because anyone that knows you or tom knows you don,t cheat.just keep up what you are doing and you will find that your hard work will pay off in the end.

Since: Mar 11

Logan, OH

#17 Aug 3, 2012
lolwut wrote:
By the way, I'm Mickey Mouse.
Are you for real? You couldn't be Mickey mouse because he's a mouse but apparently so are you.
lolwut

Waverly, OH

#18 Aug 3, 2012
dwdb wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you for real? You couldn't be Mickey mouse because he's a mouse but apparently so are you.
Yes, if people believe everything they read, especially coming from this site, then yes, yes I am.
Dolan, pls.

Since: Mar 11

Logan, OH

#19 Aug 3, 2012
Judge wrote:
Its not right. No parent or breeder should have anything to do with the show his or her daughter or son is participating in. Even if there not doing anything wrong it still looks wrong. You dont see other parents/breeders in the holding pens while there child is about to go in the ring to show; you dont see other breeder/parents talking to the judge before here child/pigs go into the ring. Tom wards term is up this year and he will not be re-elected.
His children have many years of 4-h left and they do have nice pigs but there were better pigs in classes last night then his girls. Call it what you want he is setting a bad example by cheating; not only all 4h kids but his own kids also.
Any parent that is part of a project there kids are in couldn't be a good parent if they couldn't help them if given the opportunity. But again it wasn't just his kids he was helping it was a lot of other kids to. Who do you think you are calling someone a cheater because his daughters pig won over another pig. That's considered cheating? If your a judge I think you need to reevaluate yourself. Tom has set a very high standard for his breed of pigs and it shows. His daughters and family have committed theirselves to giving the best showing they can and his wife is there showing support and willing to help do whatever is needed for the program. If you were at the show you should have seen that all his kids and kids that got pigs from him controlled their pigs extremely well. But I think that a lot of you were so caught up in watching the judge and Thomas that you never even seen what a great job they did showing them. You guys make this seem political and it's supposed to be fun for the kids. If Thomas isn't reelected it's because of people like you who are so selfish and jealous of some one working there ass off for the program and the kids. Tom ward has done a great job and it shows. Open your eyes to the program not just pigs.
Anonymous

Brooklyn, NY

#20 Aug 3, 2012
kutfudyutdt wrote:
The Wooldridges are SORE losers, I was very excited for the Young Man that won, He seemed like a good kid and looked like he worked very hard with his steer, Great Job to the Sartins!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Piketon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
wauneta barnes (Sep '10) 19 hr Sauleta Barnes 52
Jake Hensley Mon Broski 1
Andrea Smith Mon lol 1
Anyone know Teresa Priest from scioto trails? Jul 27 shadow 2
Anyone know Earl "Eddie" Tong (May '11) Jul 25 really 3
Josh Chavez ex piketon cop on history channel s... Jul 25 Yup 18
Ritchie's Market Place and Restaurant Jul 25 Pike Driver 6
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Piketon Mortgages