Paul "BUB" Shope
Friend

Fredericksburg, VA

#1 Feb 22, 2006
Let's hear some of the funny stories....We all know he had abunch!
family member

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Feb 23, 2006
I don't know if this is all funny or just sad - but I loved hearing his stories of how much car trouble he always had. Poor thing, he always had something going wrong with his cars and he would giggle as he would tell me. I got him a sachet made about month ago to put in his car with a cranberry scent he liked alot - I told him at least he would never have to worry about his car stinking :)
thx

United States

#3 Feb 24, 2006
Yeah he was always having car trouble. Mostly because he had a lead foot. ;)
I loved to see him break out in a big belly laugh.
thx

United States

#4 Feb 24, 2006
Here are some excerpts of lyrics that remind me of him...
You're in a better place, I've heard a thousand times
And at least a thousand times I've rejoiced for you
But the reason why I'm broken, the reason why I cry
Is how long must I wait to be with you

I close my eyes and I see your face
If home's where my heart is then I'm out of place
Lord, won't you give me strength to make it through somehow
I've never been more homesick than now.
sam snyder - bubs cuz

United States

#5 Feb 27, 2006
me & bub were fishin in the canal behind their house when we were little. i got a bite & started reelin it in & he was lookin for the net. close to the edge we caught a glimpse of this HUGE fish we think may have been a catfish. but the net was no where. we are hollerin for our dads,(buddy & gary), but no one was commin. all the hollerin we were doin, twana comes runnin like she done thought someone was drowning or something. bub hollered for the net & by the time she got there with it all there was - was us standin there all disappointed and a broken fishin line. turns out our dads went somewhere but when they got back we gave them hell. me & him would also make off with cigars & smoke them.
sam snyder - bubs cuz

United States

#6 Feb 27, 2006
i dont know y this is saying atlanta georgia, but i'm in circleville, ohio. anyway another kid story. we were all out on the boat fishin. me & bub had a contest with our dad's on who could get the most fish. well, as soon as i dropped my line i was pullin up another fish. bub came 2 c what was goin on. he started pullin up fish after fish. finally after we had both caught about 10 a piece, my dad came 2 c what we were doin. he hollers at buddy, " hey they r cheatin, they have a little school of fish right at the surface that they keep catchin. no wonder they r winning." no matter, we still won!!!
Bubs aunt

Pittsburgh, PA

#7 Feb 28, 2006
sam snyder - bubs cuz wrote:
i dont know y this is saying atlanta georgia, but i'm in circleville, ohio. anyway another kid story. we were all out on the boat fishin. me & bub had a contest with our dad's on who could get the most fish. well, as soon as i dropped my line i was pullin up another fish. bub came 2 c what was goin on. he started pullin up fish after fish. finally after we had both caught about 10 a piece, my dad came 2 c what we were doin. he hollers at buddy, " hey they r cheatin, they have a little school of fish right at the surface that they keep catchin. no wonder they r winning." no matter, we still won!!!
My son learned all his fishing tricks from Bubby!!! I think you and Bub had some "fishing tails" too Sammy (laughing)- isn't it funny we never really saw the "big ones" you always had :)-- just kidding -- you two did fish alot... Thanks for the memories....
Becky

Greenbush, MN

#8 Mar 4, 2006
I just wanted to share a fish story with you. It was back in Aug. We had drop lines set but we hadn't baited the hooks in over 2 weeks anyway one evening we was getting ready to go in the house and seen the limb on the tree going crazy. I went to get a dip net for Bub but the fish was so big it broke the net into! After alot of hard work from Bub and his dad they finally got the 40lb catfish (empty hook). This is no fish tale Bub's grandparents (Paul and Loretta} came down and got pics of them holding that hugh fish. We miss you and everyday seems to be getting harder. I am on the phone daily and will not stop until someone is behind bars!! We love you so much and our lives will never be the same wihtout you in it.
sam snyder

United States

#9 Mar 4, 2006
Bubs aunt wrote:
<quoted text>

My son learned all his fishing tricks from Bubby!!! I think you and Bub had some "fishing tails" too Sammy (laughing)- isn't it funny we never really saw the "big ones" you always had :)-- just kidding -- you two did fish alot... Thanks for the memories....
between misty and fishin, that was our life!!!
mom

AOL

#10 Mar 5, 2006
i have a little fishin story too,,,,,bub was about 7 i think,,,he was fishin across the way where they fished sometimes ,well,he was throwin his line in the water and the wind was blowin hard,,,the hook came back and caught him in his eyebrow,he was so scared,,his dad tried to get it out and he couldnt,i think maybe his grandpa did too,anyways,,,his dad took him to the emergency room and they took it out,,,,when he came home,he took me in his room and said,,,,,,"mommy that hurt like hell" it was so cute,,,,just like he was,,,,,,,mom loves bub very much and i always will,i hope soon i can come to see you,i have not got the heart to come and see you yet,,i know when i do,this will all hit me again,,,,,i love you and so does misty,we will never forget you,,,i hope you can look down and see how much everyone loves you and misses you,,,,and like the song says,,,,,,weep not friends,i am going home,up there we will die no more,no coffins will be made up there,no graves on that bright shore,,,,,,the lame will walk in gloryland,the blind up there will see,the death in gloryland will hear,the dawn will talk to me,,,,,,,i know god will take care of you bubby,,i miss you so much and i love you,,,and like becky said,whoever did this to you will pay dearly
chris

Birmingham, MI

#11 Mar 8, 2006
i dont have a funny story. when paul worked at the arena in columbus we would sit in the office and he would tell me many funny stories about what was goin on in waverly. everyday while working in columbus he would make the drive and work his butt off, wanting to learn all he could every day. i will miss him
Becky

Greenbush, MN

#12 Mar 9, 2006
chris wrote:
i dont have a funny story. when paul worked at the arena in columbus we would sit in the office and he would tell me many funny stories about what was goin on in waverly. everyday while working in columbus he would make the drive and work his butt off, wanting to learn all he could every day. i will miss him
Chris Bub was very proud to have worked for you. He had alot of respect for you and talked about you often. Bub loved his job there, the people he worked with not to mention the nice paychecks! We will never forget you for giving Bub such a great job his first real job since McDonalds working for the Columbus Blue Jackets can you bet that! Like I said he did truly love that job the people there and you.All we can do now is pray that they get the people who done this to him although we can never get him back at least I feel Bub will finaly be at peace. We miss him sooo much!!!!Our love always the Shope family.
a friend of both families

United States

#13 Mar 30, 2006
i dont have a fishing story but of misty an bubby instead. he had came to spend time w/her one evening. when he came in he gave her his usual hug an she licked him up the side of his face "that is her favorite thing to do" as becky can vouch for. an he got her back when he left a few hours later an told her that was payback lol

Since: Aug 08

United States

#14 Aug 12, 2008
I would like to tell you how sorry I am for the loss of your family member from what I had heard he was a very nice nab and never ever ment any harm to any one. I hope His killer is brought to justice soon so u can restbetter. God bless you all...
To this forum

Van Wert, OH

#15 Aug 13, 2008
Thank you - we pray EVERYDAY for justice - then Paul can rest in peace. But we won't have peace until we are with him again.
JJ

Van Wert, OH

#17 Sep 13, 2012
angel360 wrote:
I would like to tell you how sorry I am for the loss of your family member from what I had heard he was a very nice nab and never ever ment any harm to any one. I hope His killer is brought to justice soon so u can restbetter. God bless you all...
Did he once live at waverly trailer court???
Miss Rock

Van Wert, OH

#18 Sep 13, 2012
Nope wrong guy

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Piketon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Your theory on Piketon murders of 8 2 min aquabug 14,449
going to be solved ? 1 hr Dagnabbit75 415
What happened during the morning hours of April... 1 hr MANUP 32
Joel Jenkins 1 hr Now What 125
Mr smiley 3 hr think about it 62
Links pertaining to the Rhodens 4 hr Scioto 129
Poetic Justice? Rose's Rambles 6 hr Noneya 340
ALL you've wanted to know about the Rhoden Murd... 23 hr stabulus 104
More from around the web

Personal Finance