Video: Queen Elizabeth celebrates 60t...

Video: Queen Elizabeth celebrates 60th anniversary as head of state

There are 6 comments on the CBS News story from Jun 4, 2013, titled Video: Queen Elizabeth celebrates 60th anniversary as head of state. In it, CBS News reports that:

Queen Elizabeth was just 27 years old when she was crowned. On Tuesday, she celebrated the 60th anniversary of her coronation with a ceremony to match the original one.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS News.

Useless Old Bag

West Sayville, NY

#1 Jun 4, 2013
Why should any American really give a fiddler's fart? And Prince Charles and his ugly, dowdy, frumpy old wife suck too.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

#2 Jun 4, 2013
Why can't we Americans have a queen? Or a king?

Revolutionary War?

What war?

“Yeah, but...”

Since: Sep 11

MILKY WAY

#3 Jun 4, 2013
Happy birthday!
And many for you and your kin.
Ignore the snarky comments. You haven't hurt me and I expect you never will.
Useless Old Bag

West Sayville, NY

#4 Jun 5, 2013
SirPrize wrote:
Happy birthday!
And many for you and your kin.
Ignore the snarky comments. You haven't hurt me and I expect you never will.
Happy Birthday!? She ain't 60 knucklehead! The useless old bag is as old as Methuselah for cryin' out loud! Off with your head!!

Since: Oct 08

Alpharetta, GA

#5 Jun 5, 2013
on her birthday, she will spend some relaxing time listening to the speeches obama made and gave her on the MP3 player he sent to her.

“Open your eyes”

Since: Sep 09

Central Florida

#6 Jun 5, 2013
It just astonishes me the devotion that many Americans and the American media give to this woman.

Was it not her family that we revolted against? Was it not her family that ordered troops to come here in the late 1700 and early 1800's to in order to taken the natural resources and land held by the American people?

And not just that, but, what makes her a monarch? Did god come to Earth and say, "You, Elizabeth, you will be queen and the people will follow you." No, that did not happen, so what makes her a monarch? hereditary? LOL!

The idea of monarchy should be a repulsive idea to every free thinker.

And some history for you Queen lovers out there. The Windsor family was not appointed by god as worthy of the crown, they stole it from the Tudors.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Pikesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Pikesville Music Emporium (Oct '12) Jun 14 Musikologist 14
IDT Energy – Is this legit or scam? (Jun '13) May 31 elwisp 132
smokers are losers (Jan '11) May '16 Dustin Fitz 4
News Should Pit Bulls Be Banned in Towson? Readers R... May '16 Fitus T Bluster 1
News Hundreds show support for housing bill in Balti... Apr '16 Fitus T Bluster 1
News Presidential Candidates Making Rounds In Maryland Apr '16 FirstGentleman 2
News As anti-Muslim rhetoric worsens, interfaith eff... Mar '16 PatFrance 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Pikesville Mortgages